Chapter 32: No Limits

The Pink Dormitory

Chapter 32: No Limits

Chorong wondered if something was wrong with Bomi as she headed inside and ate lunch together with Irene. At the cafeteria, the two chatted and found so many things in common with each other. She was glad that she was able to make friends with someone the same age as her, their personalities were similiar so they understood their situations and were like a perfect match. The rest of Chorong's first day of work went well, the students loved her unique way of teaching others and were quite scared when they made her angry. 

Meanwhile during the day, Eunji was busy performing on music stations. Today was a performance at Music Bank and many fans lined up to see, cheer and support her. Of course, the girl was thankful to recieve this much of love when she didn't expect it from the start. 

"Eunji unnie! Was it true that you dated someone in your high school?" asked a fan.

"Did you have a boyfriend before?" asked another.

Fans were curious about her past love life after her interview yesterday, news sure spreads fast. Eunji wanted to be honest, she didn't want to hide from anything especially from her fans whom she trusted and loved.

"It's up to you whether you want to believe or not! Do you think I dated someone?" smiled Eunji as she fans. She knew that her company would scold her if she wasn't careful with her words. Even though she was frustrated that the full truth could not be told, it was what had to be done in order to protect her image. She knew that Naeun had to protected at all cost, no one must find out that she's dating a girl. Otherwise, lots of problems will occur.

At the same moment, Namjoo and Hayoung went to college together like they always did. As they took different courses, they went their seperate ways. The older girl had warned Hayoung to be wary of Seungho, knowing that he was a persistant man who doesn't give up love easily.

"Remember. If anything happens, call me." said Namjoo as she tightly held the younger girl's hand.

"Got it unnie. Sometimes I wish he could just leave me alone." sighed Hayoung.

"Then tell him Hayoung-ah. Stick up right up into his face and say it."

"But he's my lecturer. I can't do that unnie...."

"If you don't, then I'll do it." said Namjoo.

"Unnie...."

"You've protected me so many times, now it's my turn." said Namjoo with a smile as she gently kissed her forehead and headed to her class. The older girl felt frustrated for always being the one who was saved, Hayoung has done so many things for her and Namjoo couldn't do anything. The events from two years ago were still very clear in her memory, how the younger girl injured herself and did so many things to protect her. This time, she wanted to return the favour.

~X~

In the midst of resting in between her rehearsals, Naeun popped into Eunji's mind. She noticed that there were no text messages from her since this morning, the younger girl would often send support messages whenever she was at work. It was strange, but Eunji simply threw the idea that she might be busy with work. After all, everyone was. They were no longer the kids back then, who were students and had no worries of getting a stable job. It was all in the past.

"What other schedules do I have after this oppa?" asked Eunji to her manager.

"You have a radio broadcast at SBS around 11pm. Why?" asked the man, who was busy checking the schedule.

"No, I was wondering when I have a day off. I feel like I'm missing out some things with my friends."

"Sorry Eunji-ya, this whole week is packed. Because you are a new artist, you will be promoting on music shows for three months. There will be no rest."

"Ah...I see...." said Eunji, hearing the words from the manager.

"I know it may be tough Eunji-ya, but this how the industry works. We need to have as much publicity as possible."

"I know oppa. I love singing, but I didn't know it would turn out like this."

"Jung Eunji-ssi! You're up next!" asked a staff as she entered the waiting room.

"Right, coming!" said Eunji as she headed off. There was only one worry that lingered in her head, how much time she could spend with Naeun. The girl didn't manage to have a proper chat with her ever since her debut, she missed having to hold her in her arms, teasing her, kissing her, she missed Naeun so much.

~X~

At the studio somewhere in Seoul, Bomi was back at work. Although she was originally a taekwondo athlete, she was now an MC of a program called Weekly Idol together with the host, Defconn and Hyungdon. It was a good opportunity as the girl met various idols from several companies and learned many things. But for some reason, she couldn't focus today. The only thing in her mind was that girl holding onto Chorong's arm. It was disturbing, she wanted answers but was afraid to ask.

"Bomi-ah, are you okay?" asked Hyungdon who noticed that Bomi wasn't her usual bright self.

"No, it's okay oppa. Let's get started." said Bomi with a smile. She didn't want anything to disrupt her work because she wanted to do her best. 

Filming went well, Bomi placed her full concentration on her work and didn't once had Chorong went into her mind. She was back to her cheerful, bubbly self and the comedians loved it. By the time she had finished, it was already night and Bomi went to have dinner with her co-workers before heading back to the dorm. Walking past the corridor, there was evidence that Chorong had prepared dinner for the two maknaes before going back to sleep. It was obvious that both Naeun and Eunji weren't back yet as their bedroom doors were wide open and it was empty.

But stopping in front of Chorong's door, Bomi felt uneasy. Memories of what she saw today resurfaced, she didn't know what to do. Freezing in front of the doorknob, the younger girl sighed and decided to sleep in her own room today. She was tired and didn't want to deal with her issues that day. 

~X~

It was now past midnight and Naeun arrived home. She knew that Eunji's schedule went late into the dawn and she probably wouldn't be back by 3am. Frustrated, the younger girl wanted to talk to her as soon as possible. She wanted to let out all her thoughts that had been restraining her, keeping her stressed all because of a news article. Peeking inside the room that the same-aged friends shared, she was surprised to see Bomi sleeping. Usually, the girl would sleep with Chorong almost every day unless the older girl scolded her and wasn't feeling well.

"Did something happen between them?" wondered Naeun to herself as she gently closed the door and headed into her room.

But even when she was in bed, the younger girl could not sleep. Despite being tired from her work, she was disturbed by the news article she had read days ago. Annoyed, Naeun woke up, took her phone and texted Eunji.

"Where are you?" - Naeun

Of course, there was no reply.

With a sigh, the girl laid back down onto her mattress. "I'm so stupid. She wouldn't reply anyway." sighed the girl as she mumbled to herself. Staring at the blank ceiling, the girl slowly fell asleep thinking of Eunji.

~X~

It was now past 3am, the singer sighed as she got down from her car driven by the manager. It had been a really long, tiring day, schedules non-stop and barely having time to eat. She finally took out her phone and saw all her missed messages, especially Naeun's. Immediately clicking on Naeun's message, the girl wondered whether something was wrong. Her question asking where she was concerned the older girl as she went into the dorm, walking towards Naeun's room. With relief, there she was comfortaby sleeping. Eunji sighed in relief thinking that something might've happened but the girl was right within her reach.

With careful steps, Eunji gently sat down at the side and touched her cheek, looking onwards at Naeun's sleeping face. It was like staring at sleeping beauty and the only way to wake her up was by a kiss. The older girl missed her, so much to the point that she couldn't control herself anymore upon seeing her. She bent down and lightly planted a kiss on her forehead, before staring deep into her, smiling. But, her smile suddenly dissapeared as she noticed that there was evidence of tears in Naeun's eyes. She was crying in her sleep. With a confused heart, the older girl didn't know what to do.

"Was she stressed at work?"

"Maybe she's just having a hard day."

"Does she miss me that much?"

These were the thoughts that ran across the older girl's head as she carefully exited the room, not wanting to wake her up. Instead, she replied Naeun's text with an answer "In your dreams <3 ". Opening the door into her room, Eunji was surprised to see Bomi sleeping in her own place for once. It's been awhile since she had seen her and sometimes forgot that she actually shared the bedroom with her. After rinsing herself, Eunji was ready to sleep even though she's only going to get about three hours of sleep. Just right when she comfortably positioned herself, she heard something. It was no animal nor a paranormal foe, it was simply Bomi who was talking in her sleep.

"Stop holding hands with her...." mumbled Bomi. 

"Do you like her?" 

"I didn't know unnie cheats too..."

Eunji could hear every single thing coming out from her same-aged friend's mouth. Something must've happen on Chorong's first day of work and it definitely made Bomi sad. But the girl was too tired to think about why Bomi was acting like that and quickly fell asleep. Her sleep went by fast, in a blink of an eye she woke up to the roars of Chorong. She had previously texted the older girl to wake her up before, knowing that using an alarm wouldn't work.

"Eunji-ya. Wake up. You're going to be late for your schedules today." said Chorong as she gently tapped her forehead. The girl then looked on her right, where Bomi was still fast asleep. She found it strange that the girl didn't sleep with her that night, maybe she wasn't feeling well or wanted her own space. The older girl didn't want to question anything because she had to leave for work. Before leaving, Chorong gently fixed Bomi's hair and left.

~X~

For the past week, the Pink Dormitory was simply a place to sleep and eat as the six girls were so preoccupied with their lives. Chorong was adapting to her new teaching life, Eunji continued to promote her album, Bomi was back in the gym to prepare her upcoming taekwondo competition while Namjoo and Hayoung were busy studying as usual. Chorong had gotten much closer to Irene compared to her other co-workers, they were in the same department after all and often discussed things together relating to classes and students alike.

But what worried the older girl was, whenever she texted Bomi, the girl would reply coldly with a simple "Yes" "Ok" "I see" and other short replies. She wondered whether something was wrong, since she hadn't been seeing her and Bomi hasn't been sleeping with her the past week. During lunch break, Chorong texted Bomi again.

"Bom-ah, is something wrong?" - Chorong.

"Nothing."

"We need to talk."

"Ok."

"Stop replying like that. You're making me worried."

"Mm."

"You're free after 5 today right?"

"Yes."

"Meet me at the coffee cafe, near the school I work at."

There was no reply after that. Chorong didn't like the fact that Bomi was behaving like that, she had absolutely no idea what the cause was and wanted to help her. With no idea whether Bomi saw the message or not, Chorong proceeded as planned. Before she left, she was stopped by Irene.

"Chorong-ssi, do you want to go grab dinner together?" asked the lady, who rushed down the stairs.

"Sorry I can't today, I've meeting someone later."

"Who?"

"Just a friend of mine." said Chorong with a smile.

"Ah, really? Okay, have a good time then. I'll see you next week!" smiled Irene as the two went their own seperate ways.

Walking along the gravel pathway, it wasn't long before the girl reached the cafe and at first glance, she sighed in relief. Behind the huge glass window of the coffee shop, Bomi was at the corner sitting with a cup of coffee. She was focused on her phone and nothing else. Glad that she came, Chorong playfully went towards the window and stared at the girl who didn't notice anything. She then gently knocked against the glass, making Bomi to look up and made eye contact with the older girl who was smiling. However, the younger girl's eyes quickly looked away, her stiffened expression didn't change.

"What's up with her?" said Chorong in frown as she entered the cafe, buying a coffee at the counter and sitting down at the table where Bomi was.

"You're really sulking on something aren't you?" sighed Chorong as she stared at the girl who didn't reply. She was only staring blankly at her phone and didn't reply. Frustrated, Chorong snatched her phone away that left Bomi no choice but to look at her.

"Say something Bom-ah. What's wrong? Why are you like that? Did something happen?" 

Bomi simply shook her head in reply.

"Did you get into a fight? Did the director scold you?" Chorong tried to think of all possible ways that would make Bomi act that way.

"It's you, unnie." said Bomi.

"Me?" said Chorong, confused.

"Unnie...y-you're c-cheating on me right?" asked Bomi in a trembling voice.

 

[END OF CHAPTER 32]

 

A/N: Bomi finally confesses her true feelings! What will happen to 2eun? Has Seungho stopped going after Hayoung? Thank you for reading and subscribing! I'm sorry guys but updates will be a bit slow from now on, I've got finals coming up >< but i'll still try my best to have the next chapter up soon!