Chapter 13: Confession

The Pink Dormitory

Chapter 13: Confession

Under the night sky, the two girls stared at each other in silence. 

"That's right." said Eunji, her face as red as a tomato and her eyes looking right into Naeun's eyes. She took a deep breath, her hand carefully touching hers.

"It's because I love you. Not as a friend, but as a woman." 

With her eyes wavering, Naeun didn't know what to say. Eunji was definitely not joking with her and for the young girl, her feelings had always been confusing the moment she met her almost five years ago. She didn't know if she was just the weird one who felt that way and only to Eunji. She didn't know that she felt the same way too.

"I can't run away from this Naeun-ah. I've kept this feeling deep inside because I'm afraid it will affect our relationship. It's okay, we can pretend that this never happened. What's important is that at least now, you know why I'm always watching you, because I want to protect you" said Eunji with a solemn smile. It was her mistake to suddenly blurt out her own feelings, she was frustrated, agitated at her actions but there was no turning back. Eunji was ready to be rejected, she was ready to destroy their friendship that was made, ready to lose her whole world.

"I understand unnie. I...didn't know you felt that way but I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way too." said Naeun, not directly confessing her feelings but the words got to Eunji. For a moment, Eunji's smile grew wider and the grip on their hands tightened.

"My heart nearly fell out for a moment." sighed Eunji with relief before breaking into a small giggle.

"Unnie...are the both of us-" Before Naeun could speak another word, Eunji's hands suddenly grabbed her face and both of their lips touched. One touch on the lips, grew into a kiss. A kiss that broke all of their misunderstandings with each other, a kiss under the night skies between the two girls who confessed their feelings to each other. 

~X~

The next morning arrived and as usual, Chorong woke up first. She opened her eyes only to see Eunji and Naeun cuddling each other while asleep. It made her wonder what happened that night while she was asleep. Did she miss something out? Anyhow, it didn't matter to Chorong as she was relieved that the two made up with each other. She did woke up when Naeun went out of the room last night, but she didn't want to bother their privacy and returned back to sleep. Looking at her side was Bomi, her hands placed over her head legs spread out. She giggled softly at her cute position, before tossing the blanket over her body and heading to the toilet. 

By the time she returned, Namjoo and Naeun were up and asked them to change while she headed towards Hayoung first, the easiest out of Bomi and Eunji to wake up. Hayoung covered her face with the blanket and was curled up in a corner. Chorong raised an eyebrow, finding it strange of her to sleep like that.

"Hayoung-ah, wake up. We have to head back to Seoul today." said Chorong, removing the blanket that revealed Hayoung's face, evident that she was crying silently the whole night.

"Hayoung-ah." Chorong's heart fell inside, wondering what was happening to the little maknae.

"Are you hurt anywhere? Did one of your wounds reopened?" asked Chorong in worry.

"I...it was my fault Naeun unnie drowned.....I've commited...a sin...." said Hayoung, her face full of guilt and her hands were shivering as if she had murdered someone.

"Hayoung-ah. It was just an accident. This was no one's fault, not you, not Naeun." 

Bomi who woke up to sounds of someone crying, went towards their side while still half-asleep.

"Don't cry Hayoung-ah. You shouldn't blame yourself for doing something that you didn't do." said Bomi with a smile, as she suddenly moved her head and did placed a quick peck onto Chorong's cheek which resuled in her breaking into a dolphin-like scream.

"Pabo, what was that for?!"

"See? I can't be blamed for something I can't control Hayoung-ah." grinned Bomi which made Hayoung smile.

"Pabo! That doesn't solve Hayoung's problem!" said Chorong angrily, hitting Bomi. It was then, Eunji woke up thanks to the noise Chorong and Bomi were making. For the first time, it looked like she had a good sleep. Waking up with a smile, she went towards Hayoung in her half-asleep state.

"Aigoo~this baby is still crying? If you want to blame yourself, you can but everything's done already. Naeun is safe~she's by my side~you're here too~we're all happy~so don't cry and live a life with no worries~" said Eunji sluggishly while pinching Hayoung's cheeks back and forth before laying down on the floor. Bomi too followed Eunji and laid back on the floor as the same-aged friends fell asleep together.

"Yah! Why are the two of you going back to sleep?! Wake up!! We're going to be late for the train!" yelled Chorong, speechless as to whats happening. Hayoung who witnessed this situation, broke into a laughter even though tears rolled through her cheeks. It was true, it didn't matter who's fault it was. The unnies she loved was here, and that was all that mattered. 

"I knew it! Told you unnie, Bomi and Eunji are awake because it's so noisy!" laughed Namjoo to Naeun, hitting Naeun's shoulder in excitement.

[FLASHBACK]

Naeun and Namjoo were in the toilet, brushing their teeth together while staring at the mirror. 

"You look like you're in a good mood today unnie" asked Namjoo, taking a glance at her.

"Good things happened, that's all." replied Naeun, not revealing what actually happened.

"What? Who? Unnie, please~" begged Namjoo, who was so interested.

"I made up with Eunji unnie that's all."

"But you two didn't look like you had a fight?" replied Namjoo in confusion, raising her two eyebrows.

"That's why, you won't understand." giggled Naeun at Namjoo's innocence.

It was then, they heard loud noise outside.

"I bet Bomi and Eunji unnie woke up." said Namjoo.

"Are you sure? Isn't it just noise outside the window?"

Namjoo stared at Naeun dumbfoundedly. She was amused at how her unnie could be so light-headed at some areas, it was fascinating why she isn't paired up with Bomi as the clumsy duo.

"Then, wanna make a bet if I'm right?" said Namjoo with an intentional smirk.

"What?"

"If I'm right, kiss Eunji unnie on the cheek."

"Are you in your right mind?"

"Yes."

Naeun stared back at Namjoo with a straight face.

"Fine. But you're wrong." said Naeun with confidence.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

Naeun sighed at her silliness as Namjoo was correct. The excited younger girl nudged her, signalling her to do punishment.

"Why are you so excited about Namjoo?" asked Chorong unfazed as Naeun walked past her, moving towards Eunji.

"Hm? What is it Naeun-ah?" questioned Eunji towards Naeun who simply went to her without any words. Suddenly, Naeun planted a kiss on Eunji's cheek before walking back to Namjoo and hiding behind her back.

Everyone else was stunned, surprised at what they saw except for Namjoo who was laughing uncontrollably. She was enjoying the looks of her unnies and Hayoung.

"Naeun unnie and I made a bet and she lost so her punishment was to kiss Eunji unnie" said Namjoo while still laughing.

"Hey, I want to do that too! Unnie, let me kiss you again~" grinned Bomi playfully, moving her face towards Chorong which resulted in Chorong placing her whole palm onto Bomi's face and pushing it away in rejection.

"Thanks Namjoo-ya! That definitely woke me up now!" grinned Eunji while signalling a thumbs up.

That morning itself, was a noisy one. Naeun continued to hide behind Namjoo's back due to embarassment while Eunji , Chorong was running away from Bomi who wanted to kiss her while Hayoung was laughing as she watched the whole situation.

~X~

After having their last breakfast prepared by Eunji's mother, the six girls prepared to leave Busan and headed back to Seoul. It was a short two days one night trip, but many memories were created. In two hours, they were finally back home. The dorm was just exactly as how it was left, it was messy and all the things Chorong and Bomi bought that day was left lying around. As there was lots of time before the next day arrived, Naeun decided to visit her parents while Hayoung and Namjoo went to an internet cafe nearby with Chorong's permission leaving the three older girls behind.

Eunji decided to head back into her room and sleep again while Bomi sat on the television and watched some taekwondo matches. Seeing that it would be a "peaceful day", Chorong told the two that she would be heading to her office.

"I should be back in the evening so that I can cook dinner. Call me if you're planning on going out anywhere alright?" said Chorong, repeating her words again in which Bomi simply nodded like a child.

It was back to reality, Chorong missed her first day of work but was exempted by her kind boss. But with responsibility on her shoulders, she had to go even though she was given a day off today. Reaching the building, it was a normal working day. Awkwardly stepping inside, she greeting her co-workers who were glad to see her, asking her where she had been and wondering if she had adapted to the city life. For awhile, she chatted with her co-workers whom she hadn't seen in awhile before heading upstairs where her boss, Huh Gak was.

"Oh Chorong-ah, you finally returned from Busan. How was it?" smiled Huh Gak.

"It was my first time heading there and I guess I had a good experience. But of course, work matters more."

"As expected of the secretary i can count on. I've got some papers that needs to be checked and we've recently signed a contract with some television companies so it would be great if you could write a proposal of our business plans."

"Ah, yes I'll work on it right away."

"And if it's fine with you, I would like you to join our meeting later at 5. We will be discussing some important details regarding our services with our cilents."

"Yes, it's fine." said Chorong with a smile. But inside, she was thinking of the kids back home. She definitely won't make it in time but then, they would have nothing to eat.

"That's great. Then, I'll see you later at the meeting in Room 405." smiled Huh Gak with satisfaction. He was glad that he hired such a hardworking and dedicated employee.

~X~

Afterwards, Chorong went to her office desk and organised all her items that she bought the other day. Then, she proceed to start her work without any distractions. Soon enough, it was reaching 4pm and Chorong just realised that she hadn't told the girls that she would be late. But before she could text anyone, there was suddenly a phone call from someone she would have never expected.

"Hello? Changsub-ah, sorry I'm not free right now. Could you like call back later?" said Chorong, placing her phone against her arm while arranging something on her desk.

"What? But I wanted to make sure if I was in the right place."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I'm outside your house right now."

"You pabo! Why on earth are you doing in Seoul?!" 

"It's your birthday soon isn't it? I wanted to give you a surprise but I wasn't sure if I got the right place so whoops..." said Changsub with a laugh.

"You didn't have to come all the way here to do that you know..." sighed Chorong.

"Hey I can do whatever I want! So, is this right? There's a convenience store underneath."

"Yeah, that's the right place."

"Alright, I'll just head inside and wait for you then!"

"Wait!"

"What?"

"The other girls are there so they will probably not let you in."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

[FLASHBACK]

"Remember, don't open the door to anyone you don't know." reminded Chorong before going out.

"I get it, we're not children unnie." giggled Bomi at Chorong's cuteness.

"Well, I have to do that because you two are obviously children." sighed Chorong.

"Then, let's make a password then!" 

"Not this again...."

"Say the password "I love Pink!" then we are allowed to open the door!"

"Whatever....I'm going." sighed Chorong, not wanting to listen to Bomi's weird ideas again.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

"What the? There's actually a password for that? That's....SO COOL!" laughed Changsub hysterically.

"Stop it. Anyway, Bomi won't let you in unless you say that."

"So Bomi is one of the girl's name. Okay, got it!"

"If it doesn't work, call me again."

"Sure! See you later Chorong-ah!" as Changsub hung up. Chorong sighed, her mind was now in a mess. Just when she had a lot of things to do, her one and only best friend decided to come over all of a sudden. She could already imagine the chaos if the girls were to meet him, in fact she had never told them about Changsub.

~X~

The door bell rang, Bomi went over to check who it was. Definitely, it wasn't Chorong whom she had expected but there was a man outside the door. He seemed to be carrying a lot of stuff and his forehead was soaked with sweat. Carefully, Bomi opened the door halfway while popping her head outside.

"Who are you?" asked Bomi carefully.

"I love Pink." said Changsub, with a straight face.

"What?"

"Isn't that the password?"

"How did you even know that?"

"Chorong told me."

Upon the mention of Chorong's name, Bomi's eyebrows furrowed in suspicion.

"What is your relationship with her?"

"I'm her boyfriend." smiled Changsub.

For a moment, Bomi's heart fell upon hearing those words.

[END OF CHAPTER 13]

 

A/N: Changsub, what are you trying to do? Looks like something big is going to happen~ Thank you for reading and subscribing! I can't update daily anymore but I'll work hard to have the next chapter up soon! :)