Bitter feelings

Lost Memories
A handsome young man exited the arrival gates at the airport. He took a deep breath, taking in the air in Seoul. “I am finally back! Nothing beats the feeling of home,” the young man dressed in simple sweater and skinny jeans exclaimed. He put his sunglasses on and strode towards the taxi stand, all the while attracting a lot of attention from females around him. The male gave no care to them, pulling his luggage along and getting into the taxi as fast as he could. He gave the driver a bright smile before dropping the address of the place he was headed to.
 
 
 
“Manager Jung, I think this looks better than the other one. It gives the packaging more emphasis and brings out the product.”
 
“But I prefer this one, it looks more relatable to the consumers. Hmm, I think we can conclude today right now. I will ask the team to vote on which one they think works better. Thank you for your hard work today, Hongbin-sshi.”
 
The photographer bowed back politely, packing up his things efficiently. “Do you want to grab some lunch together?” The older male suggested with hopeful eyes. Hongbin stopped to consider the offer before nodding and immediately after he did, he found another pair of hands helping him to pack up in record time. Before he could even react, he was pulled along by a rather impatient Taekwoon who was obviously very happy to be able to dine with him. That happiness died pretty quickly when a young male, around his early 20s ran towards Taekwoon and engulfed him in a bear hug.
 
An uncharismatic ‘oof’ was heard from the elder and the younger male excitedly started, “Hyung, I miss you lots!”
 
“Hyuk-ah… Hyung is old… Please don’t sneak up on me…”
 
“Opps, I forgot to control my strength, my bad! Are you on lunch break? Let’s eat together?”
 
“Erm… Well I was going to… with Hongbinie here…” The older answered, slightly unsure. Sanghyuk turned to meet the face of Hongbin, the very man that entered a coma two years ago. Hongbin was certain that he saw a flash of annoyance on the young male’s face before a sparkling smile replaced it.
 
“Hongbin-hyung! You woke up! I am so happy!” The blonde cheered before tackling Hongbin in a tight hug. Unlike the hug that felt warm from Taekwoon, he felt slightly repulsed by it and a chill down his spine. Just like how he could not remember Taekwoon, he could not remember Sanghyuk either.
 
“I am telling you, that place was really amazing. We should go there together next time, Taekwoon-hyung!” Sanghyuk said happily. The entire conversation made Hongbin felt a little uncomfortable since he felt like a third wheel but the reassuring smile from Taekwoon made him felt better.
 
“Sanghyuk-ah, you should show Hongbinie some of your pictures. He might be able to help you with editing and stuff to make them prettier.”
 
“Ahhh right. We should do that, Hongbin-hyung, then we can become closer!” the youngest smiled charmingly at Hongbin, making the latter slightly flustered.
 
Hongbin managed to choke out a soft “Sure” before he exchanged numbers with the blonde.
 
-The following week-
The happy male arranged to meet up with Hongbin on one of his day-offs. The older agreed to helping out with the pictures and went into the cafe they decided to meet at early to get himself something. After around thirty minutes, the cute male arrived all cheery and greeted the photographer. The two began looking through the pictures and chatting casually. Hongbin helped out the younger with editing and touching up of some photos and also taught him a few tricks. The happy atmosphere turned cold suddenly when Sanghyuk showed him photos of him and Taekwoon. The shorter male tried to ignore the unsettling feeling and sipped on his hot chocolate.
 
“Ahhh, Taekwoonie-hyung looks really handsome right!” the younger male innocently flipped through the photos of him and Taekwoon. “I can't believe he is my boyfriend!”
 
“Boyfriend?” Hongbin accidentally let it slipped and the younger merely gave a small smile.
 
“Yep boyfriend! Taekwoon-hyung is good to everyone, being his boyfriend is tough. I have so many rivals!” Sanghyuk lied through his teeth without a trace of guilt on his face. An awkward Hongbin hurriedly finished his drink before informing the other that he was leaving. Watching the other man dashed for the exit, Sanghyuk face changed into that of a triumphant smirk.
 
Finally, finally. Taekwoon will be all mine.
 
Awful. That was how Hongbin would describe the past few days. He took a few days of leave after that incident with Sanghyuk, solely to avoid meeting Taekwoon at work. The project he was assigned to was almost done and all that was left was tying the loose ends. Deciding to be slightly selfish, he asked Hyunwoo to cover the rest for him and hid at home since then. He even ignored the messages from Taekwoon, leaving the older male rather confused. When he finally returned to work, he was not expecting Taekwoon to be waiting at the entrance of the small office building he worked at, arms crossed with an unreadable expression. Entering his office without being detected proved to be a difficult task as the taller male made his way towards Hongbin, pulling him into an alley not too far from the latter's workplace.
 
“Why are you avoiding me?”
 
“You must be mistaken, Taekwoon-sshi. I am not. Now if you would excuse me, I need to go,” Hongbin defended before attempting to leave.
 
He was roughly shoved against the wall and met face to face with a rather displeased Taekwoon. “Why. Are. You. Avoiding. Me.”
 
The younger felt his anger surfaced and he pushed Taekwoon away. “Who do you think you are anyway? You already have a boyfriend and you want to date me? I should be the one that is mad!”
 
Taekwoon's expression immediately softened and his eyes widened at the statement. “I have a boyfriend? What are you-”
 
“Sanghyuk told me you two are together. Now excuse me, I have work to do.” Without giving any chance to the other to explain, an angry Hongbin stomped away.

Taekwoon stood at the same spot, thinking before his face became twisted with disgust and contempt.
 

Let us welcome our important character, Han Sanghyuk~~~ And thus he appears! Well, for a pretty short amount of time, maybe a few chapters. He is important and not important?

Oh don't expect too much from me... I feel that everytime I write something, the next chapter does not deliver the necessary impact. I would like to think that my stories have a peaceful flow? It's not like not the kind where you get this punch in the face and then get dump by cold water. (does this make sense?)

Anyway thanks for reading this story! XD