The lost memories

Lost Memories
Three weeks passed since that day Hongbin took care of Taekwoon. His busy schedule gave him little time to speak to Taekwoon. Despite still seeing him when they worked on the same project, Hongbin had always needed to leave as soon as he can for another assignment he was tasked with. Contact through messages still remained but verbal communication was necessary to stop Hongbin from missing Taekwoon. Yet, at the same time, he was glad because he wanted to recover more of his memories before he could tell the older.
 
When the photographer finally had time again to himself and he laid on his bed, hoping to remember anything. Sadly, it was futile when nothing came to his mind and he let out an annoyed huff. In the end, he decided to clean up the house to empty his head a little. With the study room his father uses as the target, he began to wipe every surface to remove any dirt. The bookshelf was one of his victims as the male dug the entire bookshelf of books to wipe everything clean before placing them back. That was when a box hidden behind the books came to view. Curious, he opened it and found stuffed toys and photo albums inside it. Flipping through the albums, he realised they were all photos of himself and Taekwoon. He immediately lugged the box into his room and hurriedly put everything back in place. The photo albums had dates on them, marking a different period of time. He started from the very first and by the time he finished the last, he had already cried too much to have any more tears.
 
How could I have forgotten all of these? Why?
 
Closing his eyes due to fatigue, he let himself drift off to sleep.
 
It was like any other day. Hongbin was on his way to meet his boyfriend and head home together after work. It was one of those days where he decided he would go over unannounced as a surprise. Unfortunately, the scene of a woman clinging to his boyfriend left him unamused, especially since the woman had previously confessed to his boyfriend.
 
He held it all in, trying to be more calm but when the lady held on to Taekwoon as if she was hugging him and the small trace of smile on her face was seen, Hongbin lost it. Eventually he intercepted by helping Taekwoon out and the displeasure on the lady's face was obvious, at least to Hongbin. His oblivious boyfriend and him went home after sending her home and Taekwoon could sense something was amiss when Hongbin was quiet during the entire ride but said nothing.
 
The door was opened roughly and the younger walked quickly into their shared bedroom to dump his things, ignoring Taekwoon the entire time. Concerned, Taekwoon tried to make Hongbin talk which ended up disastrous because Hongbin immediately flared up, his jealousy uncontained. Although Taekwoon tried his best, things still ended up worsening and Hongbin left the house with some of his belongings.
 
Hongbin woke up from his sleep, eyes puffy and tear tracks on his face. He remembered how he got into the accident and he felt a mixture of anger and sadness from the memories. With the thought that he would confront Sanghyuk about things, he went to wash up. The front door unlocked while he was cleaning his face and when he was done, his mother stood outside the bathroom, waiting.
 
“Bin? What happened? Your eyes look so red and puffy,” his mother voiced with worry.
 
“Can we talk, with dad as well after dinner?”
 
“Of course! Go rest first, I will tell you when dinner is done and we can talk later!”
 
The dinner was silent and Hongbin did his best to keep his composure. He did not want to break down in front of his parents, all he wanted were answers. After dinner and washing up, his parents sat down in the living room while Hongbin took the albums from his room.
 
Placing them in front of the couple, he sat down in the chair next to them. “I found these behind the shelves when I was cleaning today. Why did you hide them from me?”
 
“You went through them already?” His mom’s voice went a pitch higher and she did not look pleased at all.
 
“Yes, why did you keep these from me? Why didn’t the two of you tell me? I was hurting Taekwoon-hyung, the man I love, all this time.”
 
“He deserved it. He didn’t deserve you at all!” the older lady exclaimed. “He cheated on you and caused your accident. 2 years. 2 YEARS. Whose parents would be in the right mind to let their child back to someone who hurt them?”
 
The older male tried to calm his wife by putting his arm around her shoulders. “We did it for you, son. Your mother and I… when you came back with your things at first, we thought it was a small argument but when we heard that he kissed Sanghyuk, we couldn’t forgive him. He hurt you. When you woke up without memories of him, we thought that keeping it from you would be the best decision. Now that you remember, you should stay away-”
 
“It was a misunderstanding!” Hongbin interrupted with frustration. “I was jealous when I saw him helping someone and ran back here… He didn’t cheat on me…”
 
“What? Then why didn’t he explained to us properly?” The couple looked shocked after hearing it. “Poor boy, we… all this time… we must have hurt him.”

Hongbin trudged back to his room with the albums with his parents watching from their seat. Guilt was written all over their faces and despite knowing, Hongbin found no strength to comment any further. That night, he drifted off to sleep with a tear-soaked pillow.
 

>~< This chapter was sort of angsty? It will get better! I promise I will write a good happy ending.

Thanks for reading!