The present

Lost Memories
Merry Christmas everyone~ This is my present to all of you (Present can also be refered to as now for this chapter) ^^

The hardest thing to do in Lee Hongbin’s life had always been giving a present to his most treasured person. It did not help that Wonshik was an idiot when it came to ideas. In just two days it would be Taekwoon’s birthday and the photographer was still thinking about what to get for him. As he pulled his hair in distress, his mother entered his room with a glass of juice, chuckling at her son’s silliness.

 
“It’s not funny, Umma! Taekwoon-hyung’s birthday is coming and I have yet gotten him a present,” Hongbin whined, pouting adorably.
 
Handing her foolish son the glass, she smiled. “Why don't you surprise him by giving him yourself?”
 
His mother's straightforward comment caused blood to rush to Hongbin's face immediately and he was at loss for words. He bit lightly at the glass and stuttered, “T-this, what…”
 
“Well, don't act innocent with me, the first time you did it with him, you were practically glowing. I just kept quiet to prevent your dad's protectiveness to come out.”
 
“But… won't it be too sudden? I have not even told him anything about me remembering…”
 
Patting Hongbin's shoulder, his mother flashed a pretty dimpled smile. “You can always tell him over a meal, celebrating his birthday with him. Being his present means spending time with him and not just what you thought just now.” The last statement had Hongbin's face in flames and he gulped down the juice quickly and returned the glass, shooing his mother out at the same time.
 
-On the day itself-
Making sure that he had everything well-planned, from ensuring Taekwoon would be home after work to the wonderful meal on the table, Hongbin was sure that nothing could go wrong. Except the fact that his heart was the only thing that went wrong. Hongbin swore that his heart was going to burst any moment. Never had he been so nervous in his life and he was about to go into full panic mode when the sound of the front door opening woke him from his trance.
 
His mind went into auto-pilot and he found himself right in front of Taekwoon before he could even react. Surprised by the appearance of the shorter male, Taekwoon shook his head and pinched his face to ensure that it was not a dream because the handsome male had no reason to be in his house. He was not supposed to be-
 
“Happy Birthday, Taekwoon-hyung! Sorry for sneaking in without your permission…”
 
“How?” “Huh?” “How did you get in?” “I… asked Sanghyuk…” Hongbin lied, giving a sheepish smile in return. “I wanted to celebrate your birthday with you and I figured he probably knew about the passcode…”
 
Taekwoon raised his eyebrows in question before commenting, “I probably need to change it soon.”
 
“You don't like me being here?” Flustered, Taekwoon stammered, “N-no, t-that is n-not my intention…” Hongbin flashed a knowing smile before giggling and pulling the taller male along.
 
A dumbfounded Taekwoon spent the next hour and more being fed food by the younger, blushing madly at every bite. He was certain that Hongbin was trying to test his self-control by being overly cute since the younger was making him with a strong desire to kiss those lips. What made it worse was how the younger would unconsciously his lips to rid it of the sauce and smile brightly at him. At the back of his mind, he also wondered if the younger recovered his memories because it was too coincidental that he not only got his favourite food right but also knew how to get him flustered. Despite wanting to question Hongbin, Taekwoon held back in fear of hurting the younger like the time at the hospital. When the long dinner ended, Taekwoon thanked the younger and was about to guide Hongbin to the front door when Hongbin hugged him tightly. He returned the hug without much thought and it was only went time passed and the fact that Hongbin did not let go that made him felt strange.
 
“Hongbin?” The younger turned his face and began pressing kisses along Taekwoon’s neck, leaving the male in shivers. He gripped the fluffy sweater Hongbin wore a little tighter and was about to question when Hongbin blatantly took in his scent. With his control and logic thrown out of the window, he grabbed the back of Hongbin’s head to turn it in his direction before smashing his lips against the latter. They kissed passionately and got lost in each other until they began to feel the need to breathe. When they pulled apart, Hongbin’s face was red but happy.
 
Chuckling, Hongbin began, “This felt just like the first time we celebrated our first-year anniversary. You couldn't control yourself and kissed me. Although I was probably at fault just like today for seducing you.”
 
“You… remember everything?”
 
“Yes… I am sorry for taking so long… From now onwards, we can always be together, right?” Hongbin smiled gently, placing Taekwoon's warm hand on his cheek before kissing the palm.
 
“Oh my god…” Taekwoon choked out as his voice began to turn inaudible due to his falling tears. “I-i…”
 
“You thought that you lost me?” Hongbin interrupted, face slightly sad. “Sorry for leaving you alone and hurting. This time, I will hold you tight and never leave your side.” With that, Hongbin embraced the older tightly as the latter sobbed. The two sealed their promises to one another with a sweet kiss before Taekwoon spoke again.

“Can I have my present then?” He smiled warmly at Hongbin, to which the latter shyly nodded in reply.

It is done! I can put the complete tag finally! FINALLY! *claps for myself*

There will be an epilogue suggested by one of my lovely readers.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas ^^

Thank you for supporting this story!