Sweet treats

Lost Memories
As you all can tell, my updates are unpredictable... Haha... My last update was three days ago... Ah well... Enjoy!

 

The handsome young man opened the door to the apartment he shared with his parents. Upon entering, a sweet smell greeted him and he called out, wondering who was home since his mother never bakes.
 
“Oh Bin-ah, my cute dongsaeng~” A young woman slightly older with a slight tummy came out of the kitchen smiling. She went up and gave Hongbin a big hug and a huge smooch on the face, making Hongbin whined in protest.
 
“Noona… Shouldn't you be at home? You're pregnant after all.” His sister waved him off, explaining that she was alright and wanted to bake some cookies for the family, especially her husband. His brother-in-law had a keen sense of smell and she wanted to keep the gift a surprise.
 
“Need my help?” Hongbin asked. His ever happy noona smiled and ruffled his hair, accepting his help. He returned the smile back and went to put his things down, changing out of his work clothes before moving to the kitchen again to help. Flour, sugar, eggs, he mixed them in following the female’s instructions, watching her as she added other things into different bowls to create different flavours.
 
The sweet and delicious smell of the cookies made him hungry and his hand was slapped away by his noona when he tried to steal one fresh from the oven. He pouted, sighing in defeat while watching the female arranged the treats in pretty boxes. The sight of boxes was rather familiar. Something he seem to have a memory of.
 
It was almost spring but it was still cold. Hongbin felt like he was going to freeze into an ice block since he was never good with the cold. Being the forgetful type, he forgot his scarf when he left for work and right now all he could think of was the warm office he would be entering. Taking bigger strides, he hurried to his workplace.
 
“Huuu... Warmth~ Finally!” he happily cried out, unaware that a man was close by and chuckling at his cuteness. It was no surprise that he jumped when the stranger patted him lightly on the shoulder. Hongbin blushed when he saw the man, stupidly allowing his arms to fall by his side and head facing down as the man wrapped a scarf around his neck.
 
“It’s cold. Don’t forget to wear a scarf, you clumsy. And…” Hongbin's hands were lifted up by the man and a pretty bag was given to him. “Happy Valentine's Day.” The young man wanted to say something back but the other had already left. Wrapping the scarf around his face, he tried to hide the increasing redness on his ears and face before entering the office full of busybodies.
 
Unfortunately for him, the pretty bag was too conspicuous and his colleagues started cooing and making noises. Even Hyunwoo, his most trusted friend, added fuel to the fire by making all sorts of comments. The embarrassed man hid the bag away, deciding to open it during lunch.
 
His colleagues poke their heads around at his table stuck their head around with “concern” during lunchtime. After all, this was the first Valentine's gift the man had ever received or forced to receive depending on how one saw it. Hongbin usually ran away from his swamp of fans. The blonde male glared but nobody paid any attention, choosing to stare at the pink white paper bag. Groaning, Hongbin took out a box from the bag and began untying the ribbon. When the lid was lifted, everyone in the office gasped. A simple yet delicious looking chocolate cake for one person sat in the box. The male picked up the card next to it to read, blushing at the contents.
 
With lightning speed, Hyunwoo stole it away before he could keep it, reading it out loud, “To the dearest and most precious Hongbin, Happy Valentine's Day and I love you. I hope you like the cake and meet me at your favourite place at 7pm tonight.” The entire office started cheering loudly, mentioning a need of a celebration. An annoyed Hongbin could do nothing except pout. He quickly snatched the card back and placed it back before snapping a number of pictures of the beautiful gift. Other than his colleagues’ relentless teasing that made him extremely irritated, he spent the day grinning to himself and looking forward to his date.
 
“Binnie~” The said man returned to his senses when his sister snapped her fingers in front of him. “Are you okay?” “Dey, noona. I was just spacing out.” The older lady petted his head before stuffing a cookie into his mouth, telling him to eat. In the end, he stole one entire box of cookies for himself despite his noona’s protest, leaving the woman in the kitchen to bake more cookies. Sitting in his room, his mind wandered back to the confession he received back then. The events of the day remained in his mind but not the identity of the man who gave him the gift.
 
-Valentine's Day-
“Delivery for Lee Hongbin-sshi,” a male informed the receptionist. Hongbin went over to sign the invoice, thanking the deliveryman before walking back to his work table. He ripped open the wrapping paper and opened the box. A pretty strawberry shortcake in a heart shape was greeted him and Hongbin picked up the card to read.
 
To the dearest and most precious Hongbin, you may not remember but I still love you no matter what. Happy Valentines’ Day and I hope you enjoy the cake.

Hongbin stared at the card for a while before flipping it over and checking all over the box from the sender’s identity but there was nothing. The unsigned card confused him yet he still felt warm and happy. He once again snapped a couple of pictures of the cake before digging in, wondering about who the mysterious man was.
 

ㅠㅠ Bin only remembered what happened for this particular memory but not Taekwoon's face. In any case, this memory was from the first Valentine's Day they celebrated together after starting to date. 

I might have to go on a long hiatus soon because I am going overseas for a while. Hopefully, I can post but my roommate is not exactly a fan of Kpop and also does not think well of boyxboy stuff... so I will probably avoid posting >< Before I go overseas, I will probably post what I can!

Lastly, I am in quite a mess because I have another 2 Leobin fics that I am currently writing. One is about Prince Hongbin and his fiance Leo and the other is Catboy Leo and human Hongbin. As for when I will post them... It's hard to say since the story outline is quite messy for now. There are times I can't figure out which one I want to write first... I will try to finish Lost Memories first :)

Thank you for reading this! I hope the story is interesting so far! ^^