Cats and memories

Lost Memories
I am bored... haha... do comment so that I can relieve some of my boredom (I am being an annoying author... haha...)

-click- -click- Sounds of the camera shutter could be heard in the room, the photographer concentrated on making the best shots. After a couple more clicks, he heaved a sigh of relief as his work ended. As he finished early, he took his time to pack up his things before making his way home. After a refreshing shower, he threw himself onto his bed, thinking. Recently, he was getting more and more flashbacks of the times before his coma. They were always about the same man, someone whose face he could never recall. It was strange, because in every flashback, the man was always sweet to him and he could feel from those flashbacks that he felt loved. So why was it that he remembered nothing?
 
Frustrated by his lack of memories, he pressed his face into his pillow and whined. At the same time, the notification alarm of his phone rang. He grabbed it at lightning speed, unlocking it to view the new messages.
 
Taekwoon:
-Hi, what are you doing now?
-I am eating ^^
 
Hongbin stared at the photo of delicious potato stew the older sent, slightly jealous of the older's cooking skills. Taekwoon made it a point to send him photos of food almost every day and sometimes, Hongbin wished he was as good a cook as the older.
 
Hongbin:
-Hyung… Now I am hungry… stop this
-ㅠㅠ
-It's 10pm now. Why are you eating dinner only now?
 
Taekwoon:
-ㅋㅋ It's supper actually~ Want a bite?
 
Yet another picture came in and Hongbin groaned in annoyance. They continued their conversation the whole time with Taekwoon continuing to eat and teasing him every single moment with photos. The younger retorted with sass, sending stickers of characters pouting to express his displeasure. He only realised how late it was when the other mentioned and Hongbin texted the other goodnight before getting ready for bed.
 
Taekwoon:
-Goodnight. Sleep well
 
Hongbin smiled at the simple reply. It was strange how the older was affecting him. He somewhat recalled knowing Taekwoon but the fact that he was becoming familiar with the older so quickly was abnormal in his opinion. Although, he did not really mind it… In fact, he found so many reasons to smile because of the older. Sleep quickly came to him and that night, he slept really well without weird dreams of the man he had been remembering.
 
-The next day-
The bright sunlight hit Hongbin's face and he pulled up his blanket to block the glare. His alarm, however, started blaring and he reluctantly got up. The brunet lazily made his way to wash up before eating the breakfast his mother made. After clearing the dishes, he decided to be productive and started cleaning the house. It was his day off after all and his mother deserved a break every now and then. He started with the laundry first. After setting the washing machine to run, he grabbed the vacuum cleaner and entered his parents’ room. Halfway through the cleaning, he found a few photos scattered on the floor and he picked them up.
 
He scratched his head a little when he saw that they were photos of him and Taekwoon and cats. He decided to put them in his room for further examination after cleaning. In the photos, he was smiling and seem really close with the older male. There was even a picture of him poking the older’s cheeks playfully. Hongbin tried hard to remember the events but nothing came to his mind. Feeling helpless, he asked his parents about it when they returned home.
 
“Erm… I found these when I was cleaning the house… When did I take them? And what was my relationship with Taekwoon-hyung?”
 
“Hyung? How close are you with him now?” The obvious anger could be heard from his mother.
 
“He is one of my company’s clients. It is just how I refer to him outside of work. You still haven’t answer my question…”
 
“You were close friends. You sent us those pictures that time because you told us the cats were very cute.” His father answered smoothly and without thinking much, he took the photos from Hongbin and stood up to head to the master bedroom.
 
Hongbin watched as his parents turned in for the night. He stared dumbly at his phone screen. He took a picture secretly of the photo with his phone and he smiled happily before hitting the ‘send’ button. Slowly, he stood up and decided to sleep early after an exhausting day of doing household chores.
 
Light shone from the screen of the vibrating phone. Taekwoon stared at the picture he received, breaking into sobs right after.
 
Hongbin:
-Found this when I was cleaning up the house today. We looked really close ^^
 
“Hyung~ Look, isn’t he the cutest?” An overly excited Hongbin said while cuddling a cute black kitten. “He looks just like you!”
 
“How in the world do I look like a cat?” Taekwoon retorted, slightly jealous at the amount of attention the kitten was getting. He love animals but he love Hongbin more which was why seeing the younger cuddling the kitten made him annoyed.
 
“Ohhh~ Someone is jealous! Kitty kitty, lookie, my boyfriend is jealous of you~ Ouhhhh, you are so cute, so fluffy!” Hongbin teased the older by holding the kitten close before kissing the little ball of fluff lightly on its nose. The jealous older male pouted before moving to lay on Hongbin’s lap.
 
“Hyung… what are you doing?” The younger whined, “There are people watching…”
 
“I am just trying to get affection from my boyfriend just like how he is doing that to the kitten he is currently holding.” Taekwoon shamelessly declared, leaving Hongbin completely red. Eventually, Hongbin gave up and kissed Taekwoon’s forehead sweetly to appease the latter. They played with the cats at the cafe and took many pictures, some of which Hongbin decided he would send to his parents.

Taekwoon cried himself to sleep at the memory that night, all the while holding the kitty plushies he bought as a set with Hongbin.
 

*runs away and hides in a corner* because I feel that I made Taekwoon sad this chapter...

Thanks for reading! Have a great day/night!