Clean Paper

Lost Memories
Taekwoon's POV
It's been slightly more than a week since he woke up. He told me that he could not remember me. I honestly don't know what to do right now but I will wait patiently for now.
 
I opened the door to his ward. There he was sitting and watching the leaves falling slowly from the trees. He always loved watching seasonal changes and the bright orange of autumn warmed his heart. Something he told me when we were together. He turned his head to look at me, smiling brightly again. I awkwardly looked away because I can never get used to his smiles. They were always too dazzling that I can't look straight at him. I was about to take my seat at the usual corner when his beautiful voice rang through the room.
 
“Sit here. Next to me please.”
 
Slightly taken aback, I moved towards the chair next to his bed, avoiding eye contact with him the whole time. He started a one-sided conversation about the scenery he had been seeing since he woke up and I nodded whenever he sought my opinion. His next question left me conflicted.
 
“Why do you always visit me? What was our relationship?”
 
“I… We…” I tried but let out a long sigh. When I lifted my head up, his doe eyes filled with curiosity greeted me. “Do you really want to know?” He gave me a nod.
 
I took a deep breath before allowing myself to start. “We are a couple before your accident.”
 
“We are? So that means we did not break up?” Hongbin's face look confused, he started thinking, trying to remember. Before I knew, he held my face in his hands, staring at me intensely. I willed myself to not be distracted by the close proximity of our faces and his lips. And I failed.
 
I closed the gap between us, kissing him gently while conveying my feelings for him. It felt like he never fell into the coma when our lips moved in the sync just like before. When I pulled back, however, he was bewildered. He touched his own lips before looking back at me. I could tell that he was trying to remember but he started gripping his own hair, face contorted in pain. Before I could even react, he passed out in front of me. I frantically pressed the help button while shaking him gently, hoping to wake him up.
 
-slap- “I warned you. Stay away from our son. You are not welcome here.” Hongbin's mother glared at me, her face twisted by anger.
 
“I am sorry, I didn't expect it to become like this.”
 
“Taekwoon, please just stay away. He just woke up, my wife and I don’t want to go through the same thing again. Please.”
 
I said nothing, head hanging low before taking my leave. The stinging pain from the slap reminded me of the reality that he could not remember me.
 
I am sorry, Bin. I love you.

I stared longingly at the window his ward was at when I reached outside before turning to leave.
 

I promise this will become better as time goes... Maybe not as fluffy as my other Leobin fic, but it will have its sweet moments. ><

Thanks for reading everyone!

Have a great day/night!