Recovering losses

Lost Memories

A sudden loud blaring sound rang through Hongbin's room, making Hongbin groan in annoyance. He turned off his annoying alarm before smacking himself awake because he anticipated seeing Taekwoon at work again today. To his disappointment, he saw the notification on his phone and the message of his phone was from Taekwoon's company. He was informed that the older had a bad case of flu and was stuck at home. A small pout appeared on Hongbin's face before he texted the older quickly to show his concern.

 

Hongbin:

-Are you alright? I heard you caught a flu.

 

Taekwoon:

-I am fine. Will be good after some rest. Thanks for the concern.

 

Hongbin:

-Okay. Take care of yourself.

 

With that, Hongbin made his way to the office to complete his unfinished work. Throughout the day, his concentration was barely there as his mind wandered to how Taekwoon was feeling. In the end, he gave up fretting over it and called Taekwoon's office for his address. Surprisingly, he was given the address without much question by Sojin and he wondered why.

 

He hurriedly ended tied up the loose ends of his assignments before rushing to get groceries from the supermarket. Walking as fast as he could, he reached the front door of Taekwoon's apartment and rang the bell. A frail-looking Taekwoon opened the door slowly and he nearly collapsed if not for Hongbin's quick reflexes. The shorter quickly put down the groceries by the side and helped Taekwoon back to the room.

 

A dazed Taekwoon allowed himself to lean on Hongbin for support, his feverish mind not helping him to think at all. In the end, all he registered was how he was back in bed with a fluffy blanket covering him and Hongbin’s worried face.

 

Hongbin crossed his arms and thought a little before moving to the kitchen to grab some ice and a bowl of water. He took a towel and wet it before placing it on Taekwoon's forehead, exiting the room to make some porridge with the ingredients he bought. Although he was not a great cook, he managed to make chicken porridge before heading back to the room with it. Taekwoon was still sleeping and he shook the older awake to make him eat. After making sure Taekwoon ate the porridge and medicine, he continued staying by his side to monitor his temperature.

 

He looks kind of handsome sleeping like this…

 

Hongbin stared at Taekwoon’s sleeping face shamelessly and ran his fingers through the latter's soft hair. It should be nothing fascinating but Hongbin found himself drawn into watching Taekwoon.

 

Nerve-wracking would be the most appropriate term to describe Hongbin's currently state of mind. He expected it since he was meeting Taekwoon and there was not even once where meeting the older will not make him a bundle of nerves. While the older already saw through his feelings, Hongbin had no idea of Taekwoon's. Sometimes, he felt that Taekwoon was just too nice by still agreeing to meet him.

 

Today was slightly different, Taekwoon initiated the meeting and Hongbin felt a bit lost. He wondered if Taekwoon was finally going to reject him. He ended up lying on the park bench, hands alternating between covering his face or pinching his cheeks.

 

“Hey,” Hongbin sat straight up upon hearing his favourite voice, leaving the other stifling his laughter at the cute action.

 

“Hi, hyung… So erm, why did you ask me out? It is the first time you asked me out,” Hongbin blabbered on without thinking. He continued talking without any purpose until the other stopped him.

 

“Be my boyfriend,” Taekwoon interjected.

 

“So I was thinking- What?” Hongbin paused, blinking his confused eyes at the older.

 

“Be my boyfriend. Go out with me,” Taekwoon repeated simply. Hongbin’s mind started conjuring weird theories and explanations for the situation which Taekwoon saw through immediately. The older held Hongbin's face and moved so close their noses almost touched before placing a chaste kiss on Hongbin's lips. “Dummy. Be my boyfriend. Do you get it now?”

 

Hongbin nodded furiously, blushing and avoiding Taekwoon's eyes the whole time. He ended up crying because he was too happy and they spent their first date in the park with Taekwoon comforting him.

 

“You always protect me… and even when i forgot, you are still here for me.” Hongbin whispered softly, pressing Taekwoon's palm onto his cheeks to feel the warmth. He did not mind the extra heat due to the older's fever because all he registered was the warmth he missed was finally there again. “Sorry for forgetting what you meant to me.” He lightly pressed his lips on Taekwoon’s palm, watching over the elder until late before leaving the apartment. He made sure the older would have something to eat in the morning and wrote a note to remind the older. Before he left, he took one last look at the older's face and pressed a kiss on Taekwoon's forehead.

 
I love you, hyung. That will never change.
 

OMG after 12 long chapters. FINALLY. I did it! XD Hongbin remembered that they were dating. How in the world did I manage to write 12 chapters before coming to this point remains a mystery but hurray!

Thanks for reading!!! Almost near the ending ^^