Half-Truths

Lost Memories

After so many months!!! It's an update! XD Thanks for putting up with me!


 

Sleepless nights continued after that. Whenever Hongbin closed his eyes, Taekwoon's face occupied his mind. The texts stopped. There were not any calls either. It was hard to decide what he should be doing and all he could do was drag himself to work. It would be lies to say that he was unaffected but he tried his best to perform at work. Everyone could sense the difference in the young male but all of their attempts to help him out failed miserably.

 

In the end, Hongbin decided to talk to Wonshik about the matter. Unfortunately, Wonshik was already instructed by Hongbin's parents to not speak of Taekwoon and Hongbin's past, leaving him awkwardly lying to Hongbin. The handsome male frowned at his friend, jabbing a finger on the taller’s shoulder and demanded for the truth. Despite protesting and whining unlike his usual self, Wonshik mumbled a low “Okay” before allowing the other to enter his home.

 

Wonshik tried to refrain from mentioning about Taekwoon being Hongbin's boyfriend, choosing to explain that Taekwoon fell for the younger and had been chasing after him. He also clarified that Sanghyuk was merely interested in Taekwoon but not in a relationship with the latter. With the gap-filled explanation, Hongbin fell into greater confusion and left for home soon after. He rejected the goodwill of Wonshik to send him home, choosing to brood over the issue alone.

 

-ping-

Wonshik:

-I don't really know what I can do to help you but you should follow what your heart tells you. Fighting Bin! ^^

 

Aish… you tell me weird stuff and expect me to find a solution…

 

The photographer laid there on his bed, thinking. He was not really certain what he should do, all he knew was that he really missed Taekwoon and the news that Sanghyuk was not together with the man made him really happy. He decided that he would try to go back to the assignment that he had to work with the older male and made a mental note to report it to his chief.

 

-The following week-

Regret. Anticipation. Those words were the best for describing Hongbin's current feelings. He was starting to regret taking back the project from Hyunwoo after stepping into the building. Dread filled him and he really wanted to run away. On the other hand, he was also anticipating to meeting Taekwoon again and so with the two conflicting emotions, he dragged his feet heavily towards the counter.

 

The same lady greeted him again upon his arrival at the office floor, Sojin was her name as Hongbin found out after working on the particular assignment last month. She was a wonderful lady who easily understood Hongbin's distress and tried to make him comfortable. It all worked until Taekwoon entered the room and Sojin left. He was completely taken off guard when he saw the older male, the great contrast of dark circles and pale skin made Taekwoon looked sickly and frail. Even the chubby cheeks Hongbin found adorable were gone. Without realising, he was already in front of Taekwoon and cupping the latter's face while studying his face. Immediately Taekwoon's face turned red and warm, making Hongbin aware of what he was doing. He retracted his hands quickly and took a few steps back, but instead got pulled back into Taekwoon's chest.

 

“I miss you…” the voice sent tingles down Hongbin's entire body and he involuntarily pressed himself closer into Taekwoon's embrace.

 

“I heard from Wonshik… that you are not dating Sanghyuk,” Hongbin replied, lifting his head to meet the other's eyes. “You look terrible. I am sorry…”

 

“It’s not your fault. I have made it clear to Sanghyuk before, I didn't expect him to do something like this,” Taekwoon sighed, letting Hongbin go but the latter grabbed onto his arms and hugged him tighter. Surprised, the older male let his arms fall by his side, unsure of how to respond. He watched as Hongbin began to pull back after a few minutes and face slightly flushed before the photographer's next statement blew his mind away.

 

“I… think I have fallen for you, Taekwoon-sshi.”


*bangs head against a wall* I swear I cringed at that last statement Hongbin said to Taekwoon. I always wonder how can I even write properly when I cringe at reading my own writing sometimes... >~<