The Case Brief

Code Name : BEAST and the Angels

 

- Shin Aegi -

 

As I walked out from Doojoon’s room, I saw that Gikwang pressed the button from the main table in the middle of the room to prepare the place for briefing. The white screen came down from the ceiling and the light dimmed. I also saw that Kyuri and Dongwoon already prepared the presentation on the computer. Hyunseung took the controller and handed it to me. I took the controller from her hand as I walked.

 

“Thank you.” I told Hyunseung as I walked.

 

But then, Doojoon snatched the controller from my hand as he walked passing me by. He stopped and turned to see me when I was ready to complain.

 

"My base. So I'll do the talk." He said to me with a look that it was the end of our discussion and I shouldn't talk back to him.

 

So I let him be. But actually I really wanted to kick his for being too superior.

 

Did he realize that I’m also a team leader just like him?

 

I stopped beside Moon and leaned on the desk where she sat. I heard Moon scoffed in amusement then I felt her patting my shoulder as if she was telling me to calm down and chill out. I crossed my arms across my chest and blew my bangs.

 

Doojoon stopped on the middle of the room. He looked around at us and took a deep breath.

 

"Okay." He started to talk. "I just received a new mission from Mr. Hong earlier. And as you see that we will have a joint mission." He looked around and stopped at me. "So I hope the both teams can cooperate well."

 

I just narrowed my eyes at him. I knew that he said those words to quip at me.

 

"This case was previously handled by the Interpol. But it seems that they're also having trouble with the criminal so they asked for our assistance." Doojoon turned to the white screen. He pressed the button to display a picture.

 

The screen showed us a picture of a ship.

 

"This picture was taken by the Coast Guard. The ship is a cargo ship from China. But that ship was not only bringing the cargo with them."

 

Doojoon pressed another button and the screen showed the picture of snugglers on board the ship.

 

"This ship is part of human trafficking and Illegal immigration." He pressed the button again and the screen showed some pictures of the snugglers. "They were all transported from China to South Korea."

 

Then the screen showed a picture of a man.

 

"The Interpol suspected that this guy is the one behind the crime." I said right away, making the other looking at me. "His name is Kang Heejoon."

 

I lowered my hands and took the case file from the box that Kyuri brought earlier then walked toward the center. I stopped beside Doojoon and exchanged glares with him. He seemed didn’t mind that I took over. He just leaned back to the table behind us. So, I continued the explanation.

 

"Interpol has been targeting him for a while. But he always can get away." I looked at the members. "Other than human trafficking and illegal immigration, he also has a drug dealing business, illegal arms, human organs trafficking and contract killing. He was also involved with several deaths as the suspect." I looked at Doojoon.

 

He pressed the button and the picture changed into some pictures of death bodies. I could see that Kyuri grinned as she saw them. She never got used with seeing death bodies even when she already joined us for some months.

 

“These are his victims. But the Interpol can’t do anything because nothing can relate the victims to him.”

 

“Why?” Gikwang suddenly asked.

 

“It’s because either the forensic team pronounced their deaths as suicides or they can’t find anything to nail Kang Heejoon down with the murder charge.”

 

“No eye-witness?” Gikwang asked again.

 

“Not even a trace of evidence.” I replied him. “We have the motives, but we don’t have any evidence to connect the deaths to Kang Heejoon. He wiped clean.”

 

“That’s too bad.” Gikwang seemed to be pitied on the victims.

 

"Interpol is also suspecting that he isn’t alone. He has someone that works behind him. Probably from the Police Department or someone higher. That’s the reason why he remains untouched." Doojoon added. "So we need to stop him. And at the same time, find out who is the one behind him."

 

"So... we need to review and re-analyze the case again." I looked at Kyuri and Dongwoon. "Kyuri and Dongwoon, please try to find more information about Kang Heejoon and his organization. I want you two to dig deep. Report any findings that you find immediately to me." I paused. “Or to Doojoon.” I added afterward.

 

Kyuri smiled brightly. "Okay."

 

I smiled at her then looked at Gikwang as I handed him a folder. "Gikwang, these are the case reports of the killings. Please analyze it. Probably you can find anything."

 

Gikwang received the folder and nodded. "Okay. Leave it to me."

 

I took another folder and gave it to Yoseob. "This is the case file about the mysterious death on a hospital."

 

Yoseob looked at the folder and received it.

 

"The Interpol believes that it has a connection with Kang Heejoon with this case. Please analyze it and find out the connection."

 

"Okay. I'll try."

 

I looked at Junhyung and Moon. "And the two of you, I need you to do this undercover mission." I handed the last file.

 

Moon took the file and opened it.

 

“The man is Kang Heejoon’s trusted man. We need to catch him in order to get closer to Kang Heejoon.”

 

Moon looked at me. “I understand.”

 

Junhyung smirked. "With my pleasure. Ma'am."

 

“How about me?” Hyunseung asked.

 

“I need you to help Gikwang. There are some rifles that I need you to analyze.” I told him.

 

Hyunseung looked understood and nodded. “Alright.”

 

I turned to see Doojoon. "Do you have any comment to add?"

 

"No."

 

I turned to the members. "So it's clear. Do your job now and please report immediately with the updates."

 

The members started to dismiss. I heard footstep came to me. I looked around and saw Doojoon already stood beside me. I put a displeased look and looked at the other way.

 

"What do you want?" I asked him in dislike tone.

 

"Nothing." He said with casual tone as he turned his body and leaned on the table with his arms crossed at his chest. "Nice speech."

 

I shot him a death glare again. "You seem not to like the way I work."

 

"Not really. I don't like your way to give orders to my members without my permission. But I guess I can let it slipped for now."

 

"Ya. If I'm asking your permission, we will argue before we can decide what they will do."

 

"Okay, okay. I know." Doojoon gave up. He lowered his hands and stood up. "You can use the room across of mine as your office." He put his hands on his pockets. "Just don't mess around with my system here." He said then walked to his own office.

 

I just scoffed to see him. Just because I decided to use his team's room as the base, he became cocky. I couldn't believe his act and wondered why a person could change so much. But I couldn’t let our bad relation effected the case. So I decided to stay silent. I thought it would be better if I stayed silent.

 

---

 

From Author:

Update~ Sorry for taking a long time to update~

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting to this fic~ I hope you enjoy it~