Mission Eight – BEAST and Angels Act 1 Part 1

Code Name : BEAST and the Angels

 

- Shin Aegi -

 

I was staring at the board to analyze the case from the begining. I tried to ignore possibilities that this case could be connected to the case three years ago. I looked at each case.

 

I was studying Yoo Im Taek’s interrogation video before. And Doojoon was right. Yoo Im Taek didn’t talk at all. But I noticed that his expression was slightly changed whenever Doojoon showed him the cases, the evidences or the victims’ picture. But he quickly covered with a smile. I knew that we wouldn’t get anything from Yoo Im Taek. So I decided to look back to the cases.

 

Kang Heejoon ran several of businesses that all related to the cases that we were handled right now. He ran illegal drugs business, illegal arms business, human trafficking and illegal immigration, illegal human organs trafficking and also contract killing.

 

Gikwang's case was murders case. And lately we found that there was a Medical Examiner who put on false reports for his autopsies. I didn't think that this case was related to Yoo Im Taek. Yoo Im Taek might know something. But we couldn't put him as a suspect. Even if we could put him as the bad guy, I only could think of him as the mastermind under Kang Heejoon’s order. The executors were someone else. But probably Yoo Im Taek knew where this M.E. was.

 

Yoseob's case was deaths at the hospital with unknown drug that probably an illegal drug. This case could probably be connected to Yoo Im Taek as long as I could find out that Yoo Im Taek was running illegal drugs business and Gikwang could find the type of the drug that being used to kill.

 

Hyunseung's case was illegal arms case that ran by someone or a group that called as Pink Arjuna. I guessed that it probably would be the case that I could easily relate with Yoo Im Taek. But I couldn't act carelessly. I would need evidences, not assumptions. And that was why I depended on Moon Haejo for this one.

 

But I needed to write down any questions and assumptions that I had in mind. I took the marker and pushed my self forward to the board. I came to the board then wrote down any crime that Yoo Im Taek could be in. But everything that wrote ended up with question marks.

 

I released a sigh. There were so many questions that popped up in my mind that needed answers.

 

And how I wish that Yoo Im Taek will talk.

 

 

- Moon Haeseon -

 

After I got the order from Aegi, I quickly called Haejo on his apartment several times before I decided to call him on his mobile phone. I knew he always carried his mobile phone. But he never picked up my phone in purpose. But now, to my surprise, he quickly picked up his mobile phone.

 

When he picked up, I quickly cut him off and told him to come to the office as soon as possible. I also threatened him to hunt him down if he didn’t come right away. And since he knew precisely that I would do whatever I was threatened him, I knew that Haejo came to my office for real. So I waited him to come.

 

I looked at the meeting room. Aegi was leaning on the table while watching the board. She always did that whenever she analyzed the case. She could think for minutes or even for hours. So I turned my gaze back to the report.

 

Then around 30 minutes after, I noticed that she started to move, grabbed the marker and started to write something on the board. But then, she moved back again with frown on her face.

 

But then, the phone on Hyunseung’s table rang. I turned my gaze to look at Hyunseung. Hyunseung picked up the phone.

 

“Yeah?” Hyunseung said as he answered the phone. He paused for a moment. “Okay, bring him to the guest room. We’ll be right there. Thank you.” He said then hung up the phone.

 

“Haejo?” I asked him as he turned to look at me.

 

“Yes.” Hyunseung replied.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

I quickly stood up from my chair and Hyunseung did the same. He took the case file. I walked toward the small meeting room and knocked the door as I opened it.

 

Aegi and Yoseob looked at me when I knocked and opened the door.

 

“Haejo is here. Wanna come?” I asked Aegi.

 

“Ah, yeah.” Aegi said then took the Yoo Im Taek’s case file from the table. She looked at Yoseob. “You stay here. If Doojoon wakes up, tell him that I’ll be at the guest room.”

 

Yoseob just nodded and Aegi walked out from the room. Then we walked out, along with Hyunseung.

 

“Do you find something?” I asked Aegi as we walked.

 

She shook her head. “The more I look at the case, the more questions I got.”

 

I smiled to hear her saying like that. I guessed this case pushed her to apply all of her skills.

 

 

- Jang Hyunseung –

 

I walked before the two girls and opened the guest room’s door for them. I looked at them.

 

“Thank you, Hyunseung.” Aegi told me as she passed me.

 

I let Moon to get in before I entered and closed the door. I noticed that Haejo seemed to be holding his temper as he saw Aegi came in.

 

“Oh, great.” He muttered as he stood up from the chair and walked to the window.

 

I guessed Aegi had met him before.

 

Haejo turned to Moon. “You bring your boss with you?” He complained to Moon.

 

“Relax, Haejo. It’s just simple questions. Nothing to offense you.” Aegi said as she sat on the chair.

 

“Don’t be offended, Nunna. But the last time she brought you along, she kept me for 3 days on prison.” Haejo told Aegi as he pointed at Moon.

 

“Hey! Don’t be rude at me.” Moon scolded her brother.

 

Aegi just smiled to see the sibling’s bickering. “Don’t worry, Haejo. I won’t keep you on the prison now.” Aegi said then lowered her gaze to he case file and opened it. “Moon just worried about you. It was her way to keep you safe.”

 

I took a glance toward Moon. Moon dropped her gaze. But I noticed slight pink shade on her cheeks. She was blushing. And that was new for me.

 

“You have to imagine what if the suspect knew that you’re the one that leaked the information. He would kill you.” Aegi said again as she opened the pages then looked back to Haejo. “Have a sit first.”

 

I saw Haejo took a quick look to his sister then walked toward the chair across Aegi’s chair and sat there. Aegi took out the picture of Kang Heejoon from the file.

 

“Do you know this guy?” She said as she shifted the picture to Haejo.

 

Haejo took the picture and looked at it for a while. He gave a negative look. “No.” He said then looked at Aegi as he put down the picture. “I never see him.”

 

“Are you sure?” Aegi asked.

 

Haejo looked at the picture one more time and nodded. “I’m sure.” He said then looked at Aegi. “I never saw him before, Nunna.”

 

Aegi looked at him for a while then took out another picture. It was Yoo Im Taek’s picture. “How about him?” She asked then put the picture on the front of Haejo.

 

Haejo frowned as he saw the picture. Then he picked up the picture.

 

“What?” Aegi asked him.

 

Haejo looked at Aegi. “He looks familiar.” He said then slightly tilted his head. “But I can’t recall where I ever saw him.”

 

I heard Moon moved. I turned to see her and she was coming to her bother. “Try to remember where you ever saw him, Haejo. Probably you ever have weapon deal with him?”

 

“No, Nunna. I remember my regular clients. He’s not one of them.” Then Haejo looked at Aegi. “I’m not actually remembered who he is. But he really looks familiar for me. I feel like I ever saw him but I forget where I ever saw him.” He returned the picture to Aegi with apologized look. “I’m so sorry that I can’t help much, Nunna.”

 

Aegi smiled. “It’s fine.” She said as she took the pictures and put it back to the folder. “I won’t force you.” She put down the folder. “But if you remember, please tell us as soon as possible.”

 

“Of course, I will.” Haejo said.

 

Aegi smiled again. “You can go now. Sorry to waste your time. And thank you so much.”

 

Haejo just nodded then he stood up. I saw Moon came out with her brother. After the door was closed, I looked back at Aegi and walked toward her. I stopped beside her.

 

“What will we do now?” I asked.

 

Aegi exhaled, took the case folder and stood up. She looked at me. “I hope Junhyung has something for us later.” She paused as she released a sigh. “Or probably Kyuri and Dongwoon.” Aegi walked toward the door.

 

I just looked at her then followed her. I was too, hoping that Junhyung or Kyuri and Dongwoon would find something.

 

 

---

From Author:

Update~

I put the part about finding Yoo Im Taek's crimes onto parts since I was sure it would be too long if I put it into one part~ *_*

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting to this fic~ I hope you enjoy it~