Mission Twelve – Yang Yoseob, Lee Gikwang

Code Name : BEAST and the Angels

 

 

- Park Kyuri -

 

Right after Unnie dismissed us and Dongwoon called me to go, I came to the computer room with Dongwoon. I knew that Dongwoon was excited when he found out that we could have our own field investigation. He kept babbling about what we would do for the field investigation.

 

“Ya, Son Dongwoon.” I called him.

 

Dongwoon stopped talking and looked at me.

 

“Have you ever really gone to the field investigation?” I asked him.

 

“Not yet.” Dongwoon replied me. “Hyungs never let me.”

 

“Ah…” I just nodded to hear his reply. I looked back to the laptop that I left opened earlier.

 

No wonder that he felt so excited right now.

 

Well, for me, field work wasn’t an unfamiliar thing. I had been gone through it for some times. In the most of the time, it scared me since I had to shoot bad guys. I still remembered my first time firing the weapon and it still made me unable to sleep.

 

“Dongwoon.”

 

I stopped as I heard the voice. It was Yoseob’s voice. I turned to see. Yoseob was coming toward Dongwoon with an open folder on his hands. He looked up. But somehow I felt that he was throwing a quick glance to me before he started to talk with Dongwoon.

 

“Do you have the result that I asked for?” He asked Dongwoon.

 

“Ah, yes.” Dongwoon said then he took a folder from the desk and gave it to Yoseob.

 

Yoseob took the folder. “Thanks.” He said then turned to walk away.

 

Suddenly, I remembered about something. I grabbed the folder beside my laptop and quickly came after him. “Ah, Yoseob-ssi.” I called him as I came out from the door.

 

Yoseob stopped and turned to look at me. I stopped on the front of him.

 

“I was searching any info about Jung Tae-il and his family yesterday.” I mentioned the name of the M.E. officer that falsified the death report. “I managed to find out some of their properties. Probably this can help." I handed him the folder.

 

"Ah." Yoseob seemed to understand as he dropped his gaze to the folder then he took it from me. "Thank you."

 

I smiled and nodded. "You're welcome." I said then turned and walked toward the computer room.

 

"Kyuri-ah."

 

 

- Yang Yoseob -

 

Seriously I didn't know why I called her. But she stopped and turned to look at me with her innocent eyes. Then suddenly, all the questions that I wanted to ask her before went back in as I gulped down. I still wondered how she could make my heart skipped a beat with just one of her looks.

 

"Yes?" She asked innocently.

 

"Ah, nevermind." I said then I saw the folder on my hand that she gave. "Thanks again for this."

 

She smiled and nodded.

 

"Have you ever done an investigation to find someone?"

 

She grinned. "Not really ever done it."

 

"Ah..." So probably I could give her some tips. "When you do your investigation, ask around the neighbor is the best way. Note down any info that you got. It might help."

 

"Okay."

 

"And if you feel confused, you can come to me to ask. Probably I can help to analyze whatever that you found."

 

She smiled again in utter happiness and I felt my heart skipped a beat again. "Sure. I'll call you then." She said.

 

"You'd better get going now before night falls. It won't be easy to ask around, especially about someone from 20 years ago."

 

"Okay." Kyuri nodded. "You also have to be careful. I’m sure it will make you have a long journey to check on those properties. But I wish you luck." She raised her hand and waved. "See you later."

 

“Okay. See you too.” I replied her.

 

Kyuri turned and walked to the computer room. Somehow to realize what she said earlier, I smiled. When she told me to be careful, I felt like it was said to someone special. But then, I realized that Kyuri was engaged to Dongwoon and my smile vanished.

 

Actually, it was what I wanted to ask when I called her out of my unconsciousness. I wanted to ask whether she was engaged to Dongwoon or not. But somehow I couldn't bring my self to ask her the question. Probably it was because I was afraid that she would answer the fact that she had engaged.

 

I dropped my gaze and exhaled. I knew I was a fool. I turned and went to the small meeting room where Gikwang was waiting for me.

 

I needed to concentrate on this case. I guessed it would be better.

 

 

- Lee Gikwang -

 

I raised my gaze as I heard the door opened. I saw Yoseob came in with folders on his hand. I was re-reading the case before he came in.

 

“What are those?” I asked as I pointed at the folders that he brought.

 

“These are just something that I need to analyze.” Yoseob said then took out one folder. “But this.” He showed the folder to me then threw it to the table. “It might narrow down our scope.”

 

I took the folder and opened it.

 

When I opened the folder, I found some addresses written inside. Some of the addresses were located inside the town. But some of them were located outside the town. They were even located on the countryside.

 

“What are these addresses?” I asked.

 

“Properties of Jung Tae-il.”

 

I quickly diverted my gaze from the folder to Yoseob as I wanted to ask how he got the info.

 

“Kyuri ran a search about Jung Tae-il. She gave me this earlier. She said that it probably can help us.”

 

I smiled as I felt amazed with Kyuri’s quick response. “She’s fast.”

 

“Yes, she is. I thought so too.”

 

Yoseob smiled as he said those words. But I noticed that his gaze looked softer as he talked about Kyuri. I had never seen it came from Yoseob. So I couldn’t help but to think that Yoseob might have a certain feeling toward Kyuri. But then, my thought was filled with the case. I looked back to the folder.

 

“Have you check on these?” I asked.

 

“No, not yet.” Yoseob’s voice sounded serious. “I just got it from Kyuri.”

 

I exhaled and stood up with the papers on my hand. I put the papers of the addresses on the table in few lines till them all spread over the table.

 

“Okay.” I straightened my body. “We need to narrow them down again.” I crossed my hands on the front of my chest. “What do you think?”

 

Yoseob looked back to the papers and put down the folders that he brought on his hand on the table. He seemed to analyze the addresses for a while.

 

“Surely…” Then he took some papers out from the group. “This, this and… this won’t do.” He looked back at me as he showed me the addresses. “These three are in town. I think he won’t be fool enough to pick a hiding place inside the town.”

 

He put the papers on the table again, apart from the group.

 

“He needs to stay out from the crowds.” He said again as he looked back to the addresses. “Probably somewhere solitaire. Somewhere quiet without any surveillance on him.”

 

I just looked at Yoseob. I knew that he was thinking. I always amazed with his analytical skill. His skill had helped us for many times. Then, Yoseob picked a paper out of the rest.

 

“Now I wonder on why an empty land can have bills for electricity.” He said while smirking.

 

I took the paper and looked at the address on the paper. “It will take 3 hours journey by car.” I said then looked at my watch and looked at him. “We’d better rushed up.”

 

Yoseob nodded and both of us went out from the room.

 

 

- Yang Yoseob -

 

We arrived at the address that written on the paper I picked when the sun had set. Gikwang was the one that drove the car while I read the information about that address.

 

From my reading, I found out that there was a house that built there around 20 years ago. There were no information about the house was being rented. Yet, there were bills that paid monthly for the house’s needs for the whole time. I didn’t know how Kyuri could get the information. But I was thankful that she found the info.

 

I noticed that Gikwang turned off the car light and drove slowly. I raised my gaze and found that we were approaching the house. Gikwang finally stopped the car on the dark place. With the black color car, I guessed we could disguise our selves.

 

“I think we can watch the house from here.” Gikwang said as he pulled the hand brake.

 

“Okay.” I said as I took out the camera and took some pictures of the house.

 

As I took the pictures, I saw there were two people who approached the house. One of them was using wheel chair while the other one was pushing the chair. I recognized the one who pushed the wheel chair as Jung Tae-il, the missing M.E.. But the one who sat on the wheel chair made me frowned.

 

I zoomed the camera lens to get a better view of them. The woman on the wheel chair was staring blankly. She was thinner than how she was on the picture that I saw. But surely, I knew the woman.

 

“Ya.” I said as I lowered the camera then looked at Gikwang. “Kyuri said that Jang Hana was missing from 20 years ago, right?”

 

“Yes.” Gikwang said.

 

“Then how come she’s here?”

 

Gikwang frowned then raised the binoculars that he brought with him. Then he lowered the binoculars and took his phone.

 

“I guess we’d better tell Doojoon and Aegi.”

 

From Author:

Update~

Hehehe~ Do you feel that the links start to untangle? Or you become more confuse with it?? XD

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting to this fic~ I hope you enjoy it~