Yoseob's Finding

Code Name : BEAST and the Angels

 

- Yang Yoseob -

 

I was watching Aegi and Doojoon talking on the room from my own desk. Lucky for us that even though Doojoon’s office was sound-proof, the wall was glasses. And Doojoon rarely put the curtain down to cover his room. So we could see whatever that happened inside the room. They didn’t look arguing. But from their expression, it seemed that they were talking about something serious.

 

I diverted my gaze to Kyuri and Moon who were talking on the other desk. Both of them looked so close. I remembered that Kyuri called Moon as Moonie. I never knew why everyone called Moon by her surname. But we had been calling her like that ever since we knew her. And talking about names, I never recalled Kyuri called my name as Yoseob.

 

So I guessed that was what made me choked earlier when she called my name as Yoseob-ssi. And somehow, to recall it again, I felt that my heart fluttered and heat crept again to my cheeks. I quickly raised one of my hand and covered my lower half face with my hand. I couldn’t let my team members saw me blushing.

 

But then, I noticed that Aegi was walking out from the room. I looked to Doojoon’s room again as Aegi came out from the room. I took the case file that I had and came to her.

 

“Aegi.” I called her.

 

She stopped and looked at me with her sharp death glare. I guessed her discussion with Doojoon ended bad at the end.

 

“…-ssi.” I added formal title since I didn’t want her to throw her tantrum at me.

 

“What?”

 

“Can I discuss my case with you?”

 

“The hospital case?”

 

I nodded. “Yes.”

 

“Sure.” She said then pointed to her new office room. “We can talk on my room.” She wanted to walk.

 

“But…” I stopped her.

 

She looked back again to see me.

 

“Before that, can I ask your permission to let Kyuri help me with this case?”

 

“Also for field work?” She asked me.

 

“Yes.”

 

She looked at me for a while as if she was studying me. But then she diverted her gaze somewhere behind my back. “Kyuri.” She called.

 

I turned to see Kyuri. She looked back to her leader and replied her.

 

“Yes?”

 

I looked back to Aegi.

 

“Come here.” Aegi said to Kyuri for following her. She looked back at me for a second then walked toward her room.

 

I followed her. Aegi opened her room door and walked in. I held the door and turned to see Kyuri. She was coming too. So I let her in first before I walked in and close the door.

 

Aegi put her bag, the case file that she brought and her cup on the table. Her room was basically still empty, except for her working table, a table for guests and some chairs. She hadn’t moved her stuffs here from her original room. Probably she would never move her stuffs here since she would use the room temporary until the case solved. She turned and leaned back to her table as she crossed her arms across her chest.

 

“So what’s the problem?” She asked without any chit chat.

 

“Ah.” I reacted to her question and handed the case file folder that I brought with me to her. “About the case.” I paused as she took the folder from my hand. “On that case file said that there is probably indication that there are illegal drug happened inside that hospital, right? Since, there were some mysterious deaths that caused by one contaminated drug.”

 

Aegi seemed to be listening to me even though she was reading the case file on her hand. It was the copy of news that Kyuri found for me related to the hospital about the deaths. She was nodding her head.

 

“Then I asked Kyuri to find any related news about deaths from that hospital published to the public.” I paused for a while. “She found that there was actually no news about the mysterious death on the hospital that leaked to the public since the hospital is well-known. Instead there were claimed to be the drug dealer’s fault.”

 

Aegi looked up at us. “Then?”

 

“But, there was news about a death of well-known businessman, Park Kyunjong. Kyuri found the news. But it stated that the businessman was died from natural cause on that hospital.”

 

“And?”

 

“The timeline is too close. He was died a day before the series of victims died.”

 

Aegi closed the folder and put it on the desk as she rested her hands on the desk. “So, do you suspect that there is connection between this businessman’s death and the death series?”

 

I nodded with uncertain feeling.

 

“Why?”

 

“Aaa…” Kyuri seemed wanted to say something as she tried to attract our attention to her.

 

I looked at her.

 

“The businessman was actually died because of complication. But the main cause was because kidney failure.” Kyuri said. “Same as the rest of the victims.”

 

“But…” I cut in. “Even though he was having medical history of health problem, I just feel that it was coincident.” I paused for a while. “Probably if we can find what kind of treatment that he got and more information about him, we can find something.”

 

Aegi smiled after I finished talking and dropped her gaze. “Okay.” She raised her gaze toward the door. “So… If my instinct is right…” She diverted her gaze to look at me. “You’re asking my permission to go undercover for getting information on that hospital?”

 

I was surprised that she could come up with that conclusion. But I must to admit that she was right. “Yeah.”

 

“Why don’t you ask Doojoon? He’s your boss.”

 

“He doesn’t know much about medical world like you do.” I gave her my reason. “Gikwang ever told me that you ever took medical course.” I paused. “Besides, I want to take Kyuri along with me.”

 

“What?!”

 

I looked at Kyuri. She seemed to be surprised.

 

“He’ll need you to get data from the hospital record.” Aegi cut in.

 

I was surprised and relieved that Aegi stood up for me. I looked back to Aegi.

 

“This hospital used private server for storing their medical records, with limited access. It cannot be accessed from outside. So you have to hack it from inside.” Aegi explained to Kyuri. “Yoseob don’t have enough skill to hack the system.”

 

“Ah…” Kyuri sounded understood.

 

“Yeah…” I admit. “That’s what I mean.” I dropped my gaze as I felt embarrassed. Actually I was surprised to find out that Aegi knew about this hospital’s system. I wanted to thank her for explaining my purpose. But thanks to her, I got embarrassed in the front of the girl that I liked.

 

Did she must to say bluntly that I don’t have enough ability in computer technology?

 

“Okay.”

 

I looked up to her as she had agreed.

 

“But…”

 

I didn’t think that I would like the continuation of her ‘but’.

 

“You’d better be right about this. I won’t cover you up from Doojoon if this businessman death turned out to be unrelated with the deaths series.”

 

“Alright.”

 

“And while you’re hacking onto the system, please find the medical records for those victims. They were giving the Interpol less info so we were lacking of info for the deaths.”

 

“Okay.” Kyuri replied.

 

But Aegi wasn’t finish yet. “And… try to find this businessman’s medical record, especially for the latest blood and urine examination report.”

 

I frowned to her request. “Do you expecting something?”

 

But Aegi put a comforting smile on her face which I knew that she was faking it.

 

“No, not really. Just want to eliminate some possibilities that I have in mind.” She said.

 

“Okay.” I told her.

 

“Then go.” She looked at Kyuri. “I’ll cover your part with Dongwoon. I need to find data.”

 

“Okay, Unnie.”

 

“Thank you.” I told Aegi.

 

She just smiled. So, I walked out from her room with Kyuri.

 

“She’s familiar with computer?” I asked Kyuri as we walked out from room.

 

Kyuri nodded. “Unnie has IT background. She was an IT student before she joined the academy.”

 

I surprised with that fact. So Shin Aegi was an expert on Strategic Planning, Medical, Forensic and Computer Technology. No wonder Doojoon always envied at her.

 

“Wow. She’s a genius.”

 

Kyuri scoffed. “She ought to be genius.” She said.

 

But I caught a cynical tone on her voice. Somehow it made me wondering. But whatever it was, I just felt that Shin Aegi and her life was a mystery for me.

 

 

- Shin Aegi -

 

I took the file folder that Yang Yoseob gave to me earlier and opened it again. The folder was filled with copies of articles that related to the hospital case that happened few months ago. My eyes stopped on the article about the businessman’s death. I read the article again.

 

Park Kyunjong…

 

When I found the name on the article and when Yoseob mentioned the name, something started to bother me. The name sounded familiar but I couldn’t remember where I ever heard the name. But surely it wasn’t because of the name was appeared on the newspaper’ articles. But somehow it was longer than that.

 

That was why I told Kyuri that I would cover her part with Dongwoon. I wanted to find out more about this Park Kyunjong.

 

---

From Author:

Update~

And another mystery to solve~ Hehehe~ Confused? Sorry...

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting to this fic~ I hope you enjoy it~