Mission Ten – Breaking In

Code Name : BEAST and the Angels

Aegi and Doojoon were running toward a house with their body lowered below the window's level. Some officers were behind them, including Junhyung, Moon, Hyunseung and Gikwang. They were all using the police bullet-proof vest and with guns armed on their hands. Both Aegi and Doojoon used cap hat. Aegi tied her hair.

 

Doojoon stopped beside the door while Hyunseung stopped on the other side. Doojoon turned to Junhyung behind him and gave him a signal to go to another entry point. Junhyung seemed to understand and walked away with some officers. Aegi moved behind Doojoon, replacing Junhyung. She kneeled.

 

"This place seems too quiet." Aegi said as she whispered.

 

Doojoon just looked at her. "But it doesn't mean that they are not here." Doojoon replied her.

 

Aegi just snickered to the words then looked at her weapon to check it. She looked at Doojoon and nodded, telling him that she was ready. Doojoon turned to look at the officer who ready to knock down the door. He nodded and the officer knocked the door open then they were starting to break in.

 

They were splitting up after they went in. Hyunseung, Moon and some of them went upstairs. Doojoon, Aegi and some officers went to check on the first floor. They were searching the house. The house was quietly empty with less furniture. But it seemed that no one was around. Both Hyunseung and Moon pronounced that the second floor was cleared. Doojoon turned his gaze to Aegi after he heard Hyunseung and Moon’s report.

 

“Come with me.” He said then walked away.

 

Aegi followed him. She explored the first floor together with Doojoon. They found a closed door. Doojoon told Aegi to stay silent as he walked toward the door. Aegi raised her weapon and got prepared. Doojoon stopped by the door and leaned closer to the door. He became quiet to listen whatever that happened behind the door. Aegi just looked at him.

 

It seemed that Doojoon heard something from behind the door. He raised his hand to Aegi and shoved her slowly to behind him. Doojoon prepared his weapon and touched the door knob. He opened the door suddenly and charged inside.

 

But there was no one inside the room, only a table and a tape on the table. The sound of conversation came from the tape. But other than that, the room was empty.

 

Doojoon lowered his weapon when he saw the empty room. Aegi walked in and came to the table. She turned off the tape.

 

“Damn!” Doojoon cursed as he slammed the door in anger. “We lose them.”

 

Aegi looked around to observe the room. She found a white powder on the floor. She came toward the powder and kneeled. She swiped her finger on the table and looked at her finger then smelled the powder and tasted it. She quickly spitted afterward and stood up.

 

“They left a trace of powder.” Aegi said as she looked at the powder then looked at Doojoon. “I guess they left in hurry.” Aegi looked at the door as Junhyung appeared at the door.

 

“No one leave from back door.” Junhyung reported.

 

“It means that they already left long before we arrived. Probably they already know that we will track them down to this place.” Aegi said then looked around. “And they seem to left nothing around.”

 

“So what will we do now?” Junhyung asked.

 

Aegi exhaled. “We don’t have any choice but to let him go tomorrow.” Aegi said. “We don’t have enough evidence for now.”

 

Doojoon seemed to be pissed off as he put his hands on his hip and hung his head down.

 

“But I’ll put this place for further investigation.” Aegi said then looked at Junhyung. “Meanwhile, please ask Kyuri or Dongwoon to find any info about this house’s owner. Probably we can trace them from that. I won’t let him go away just like that.”

 

“Alright.” Junhyung replied her then he went away.

 

Aegi looked at her weapon and disarmed it before she took it back to its holster. She walked toward Doojoon and patted his shoulder before she went out from the room.

 

---

 

From Author:

Update~

Thank you for Deedee48 to spot my mistake for the Moon Haejo's part on the previous chapter. The mistake was fixed.

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting to this fic~ I hope you enjoy it~