Pink Arjuna

Code Name : BEAST and the Angels

 

- Yoon Doojoon -

 

I closed the door behind me. Aegi walked in before me. I was angry at her. But it seemed that she was troubled by something. She put her bag on the chair and her cup on my desk. Then she turned to see me. I was ready to shoot something at her but she already gave me a warning look while pointing her finger at me.

 

“Don’t even start to argue with me again, Doojoon.” She warned me then lowered her hand. “I’m not in the mood for it.”

 

“Then why were you told Moon to keep the smuggler’s name? This is our case, Aegi. It means all the reports must be told to you and me.” I complained.

 

“I know. But…” Aegi released a sigh after that. “I just need to make sure about something first.” She took the photo that Gikwang gave her earlier and handed it to me. “See this.”

 

I stepped forward to go closer to her and took the photo from her. I looked at the picture. It was a tattoo with two letters of P and A in Pink and Black colors. I recognized the tattoo. Somehow my mind went back to the first case that I and Aegi handled three years ago.

 

“Is this…?” I looked up to Aegi.

 

She leaned back to my desk and just nodded. “And…” She paused as she dropped her gaze. “The smuggler’s name from Illegal Arm case that Hyunseung handled is Pink Arjuna.”

 

“What?” I was surprised so I rose up my tone a bit. “But he…”

 

“I know.” Aegi cut me in. “I still remember about that time. I was the one who dragged him out from the car and tried to save him. It didn’t work out, remember? He died.”

 

I just looked at her. She crossed her arms across her chest. But I could see pain in her eyes. Somehow, I thought that she was embracing her self.

 

Actually I felt the urge to come close to her and embraced her. But I guessed with our bad relation, I was sure that I would receive a slap from her instead of a thank you.

 

I looked back to the tattoo.

 

I still could remember about Pink Arjuna. I still remembered about our final pursue for Pink Arjuna. I could remember the high speed car with many police cars behind it. But then another car came to block car. A collision happened. The Pink Arjuna’s car rolled while the other car received bad damage from the impact. Aegi came out from the car that blocked the Pink Arjuna’s car with blood on her temple and dragged her wounded foot to the upside down car. She pulled out Pink Arjuna from his car and checked on him. She tried to save his live with CPR but she was failed. I still could remember the look on her face as I arrived on her side.

 

The look of failing and self disappointment.

 

“So…”

 

The voice broke the terrain of my thought. I looked up to Aegi.

 

“What should we do now?” She paused. “Surely we have to tell the team. But I still wonder who the one that use that name. I felt like he was trying to challenge us.”

 

I handed the picture back to her. “Well, I’m more concerned about whether this case was related to the case three years ago.” I said as she took back the picture and put it on my desk.

 

“But that case was closed with his death.”

 

“But we don’t know whether he still has loyal men who might be able to revive the organization again.”

 

“But it cost a lot of fortunes to build up the Pink Arjuna’s organization. You know how big his business was.”

 

“There must be a way, Aegi!” I shouted at her.

 

She was glaring at me because I raised my voice to her. But then, she took a deep breath and exhaled. “I already cross-checked between the case three years ago and the case now. Other than some common businesses that they run, the people and the methods are different. They are cleaner and more careful with their steps. That’s why the Interpol knew about the case a little bit too late. Besides, we’re still not known whether this Pink Arjuna also related to the other case other than the illegal arm business.”

 

“So for now the main suspect is still Kang Heejoon, right?”

 

Aegi nodded. “Or probably Kang Heejoon is the Pink Arjuna.” But then she scoffed. “But, what a stupid person to choose the name of the criminal from the solved case.”

 

“Probably he found it cool.”

 

Aegi quickly gave me What-The-Hell look. “But I found it tacky.” She said then turned to get her bag. “What kind of person who put together a girly color with a hero character from India Mythology.”

 

I smiled as I found it was amusing to see her complained like that. Since I was always bickering with her, I forgot how cute she was when she started to complain about something that actually right.

 

“But Lee Il Ryung did three years ago. He used that tacky name.”

 

She quickly shot me her death glare that made my smile disappeared in instant.

 

“By the way…” I walked toward my chair behind my desk. “Junhyung already found out the name of the guy. His name is Yoo Im Taek. And he will show up on the night club tonight. Probably Moon will need to help him tonight.” I paused as I sat on my chair. “And Gikwang found the name of the doctor who ran the autopsy. But he already resigned and moved somewhere else. Dongwoon is working on finding him now.”

 

Aegi nodded her head.

 

“And Yoseob already set up the small meeting room for tracking the case. So you can use the room for analyzing the case.”

 

“Okay.” Aegi seemed to understand. “If there’s any updates, just let me know.”

 

I just nodded. Aegi took her bag and walked toward the door.

 

“Aegi.” I called her when she already reached the door and touched the door’s knob.

 

She stopped and looked at me.

 

“Don’t try to do anything reckless again now.”

 

She narrowed her eyes. “I’m not your subordinate. Don’t tell me what to do.” She said then turned and opened up the door. She walked out from the room.

 

After the door closed behind her, I just smiled to hear her last words. The Shin Aegi who always bickered with me was back already.

 

---

From Author:

Update~ A little about what had happened three years ago~

And Doojoon wasn't always bickering and arguing with Aegi actually.

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting to this fic~ I hope you enjoy it~