Begin Again

It's Over

5 years later..

 

[MINGYU'S POV]

 

"Congratulations hyung!"

 

 

I lift my glass of wine to propose a toast to Jeonghan hyung. Today is his wedding day. The day which I didn't expect to happen. Of course, I had expected Jeonghan hyung to get married -- but not with a woman. From the day we firsf met, I knew for a fact that hyung is a gay. He had a relationship with several guys. I also once suspected him to have feelings for me but he denied it. Yoon Jeonghan is gay. In fact, most of the time he was misgendered by some. That angelic face, long shiny hair, feminine movements, who would have thought that those features belongs to a guy? Well, as of today, a straight guy. What on earth is happening? Who would have thought that Hong Jisoo will be the best man on his ex-boyfriend's wedding? Who would have thought that this once a princess now turns into prince, Yoon Jeonghan, will end up marrying a girl named Im Nayeon. I really don't know.

 

 

"Thanks, Gyu!" Jeonghan hyung drinks his wine.

 

"Finally, hyung. The story of your life is now entering a new chapter. You are now settling down. I'm so happy for you."

 

"Yeah. It really feels great to know that I'm finally leaving my old life and will start a new one with Nayeon." Happiness is really evident on his face and tone.

 

"But hyung, honestly, I never thought that you will end up like this. I mean.. you, marrying a girl.. Nayeon.. and even inviting Jisoo hyung as your best man." I chuckled, "I found it cool.. and well, bad at the same time."

 

"Shut up, Mingyu! Let's not bring up the past. You know, I already changed. And I'm glad I changed." he smiles before gulping his wine, "and please.. Jisoo accepted it though! We both had moved on." He rolled his eyes. I scoffed and shook my head. Life is really weird sometimes and very unpredictable. You should really expect the unexpected.

 

 

Then we shared some silence for a moment until Jeonghan hyung speaks again, "How about you, Mingyu? When do you want to settle down?"

 

"Hyung, let me find a girlfriend first, okay?" I laughed.

 

"How will you find a girlfriend if you're not trying to date anyone?"

 

I put down my glass on the table and I released a sigh before defending myself, "Hyung, I tried. Did you know how many girls I tried to flirt, court and date? Well, it doesn't matter how many they are.. but hyung.. the thing is.. all of them rejected me!" I step closer to shake hyung's body, "Hyung, tell me. What's wrong with me? I'm handsome, right? Then why? Am I not worth loving?"

 

"Maybe?" I felt taken aback. I removed my hands on hyung's shoulder and I step back. "What?"

 

"Mingyu, did you just got some amnesia? Did you forget that fate is not fond of sharing some lucks on your life?" Well, it's half joke, half reality. I can't help but frown to that reality.

 

Jeonghan hyung taps my shoulder, "Hey! I'm just kidding." he smiled and it cheers me up a little. "If that's the case, then maybe you need to change your lifestyle. Instead of girls, why not try to date some guys? It's not new to you anyway, you used to date that Wo--"

 

"Okay stop! As you said earlier, let's not bring up the past. Please." I get my wine to drink.

 

"Sorry. But, seriously, just try it. We don't know, maybe this time it will work out."

 

I take a deep breath before asking him,"Who should I date then? Do you know someone?"

 

"Hmm.." hyung turn his gaze sideways as he thinks then he looks at me again, "I know you like Lee Seokmin. The guy in the office? Don't deny it, Kim. I know you do. Go date him! He obviously likes you, too."

 

I stared at him for a while before coming up with my decision.

 

"Okay. I will."

 

 

Lee Seokmin. My assisstant in Marketing Department. Yes, I already found a job four years ago. An angel named Yoon Jeonghan helped me to fix my broken self. I get back on my feet and finally learned to move forward in my life. Hyung told me to apply for a job and I was hired luckily on the company where Jeonghan hyung is working. After some time, we both got promoted. From just a simple employees, Jeonghan hyung became the Supervisor and I became the head of the Marketing Department. Perhaps, my life has finally found the luck--but still not on my love life. I've dated lots of girls back then. After the heart breaking event happened to me, I tried to find again my hearts desire. But I failed. No one can't make me feel the same. The same way my heart loved Wonwoo. But I've already moved on with him. I believe.

 

 

I won't deny what Jeonghan hyung said. Seokmin is charming, caring and very cheerful. I like him. But I didn't dare to confess nor admit it to myself before. I'm scared that I might get hurt again. That maybe I was really meant to be a straight guy. But I think, I really didn't. It was really quite obvious that Seokmin likes me too. The way he looks at me when I'm instructing him some tasks, it is full of admiration. He always gives me coffee whenever I look stressed. He was basically always there for me, not just as my assisstant, but as a friend.. or more than that, if he could wish.

 

 

Maybe, it's really me who needs to make a move between us. So, just like what Jeonghan hyung said, I confessed to Seokmin.. and then we started dating.

 

 

Months have passed. We got more comfortable with each other and I got to know him better. He becomes more sweet and caring to me. We didn't hide our relationship to our workmates and we're so glad they accepted us and give us some support. The coffees are now delivered with hugs and quick kisses. The glances become more intimate and my working environment becomes lighter despite of the heavy paperworks. I feel so stress free everytime I could see Seokmin on my side. And now, it's great to know that I will always have him by my side no matter what. It really feels good to love and to be loved. Seokmin is really special. Sometimes, I could see Minri noona in him. Everytime we cuddle, everytime he shows concern to me, everytime he wraps his arms around me, I can feel Minri noona is with me again. Seokmin loves me the way noona did. And it's a relief. I finally found my safe haven again.

 

 

Seokmin is a month older than me but he takes care of me just like how a mother takes care of her son. I feel so spoiled with love. One day, we spend our day in his apartment. We sit on the carpet. His back leaning on the end of the bed and me sitting between his legs, my back leaned on his chest. We are munching some chips while watching a movie. But we didn't really care about the movie. We just cuddle and he is more focused on my stories. I told him about my past relationship but omitting the name of my ex-- it's not really important. I'm glad that he is listening and very understanding about everything. I'm really so lucky to have him.

 

 

"You're like my cousin.", he suddenly utters, "He was left by someone he truly loves. I really feel bad for him. Up until now, he's not yet recovering from pain. Actually, he's not giving up. He was still hoping that everything will go back to what it used to be." Seokmin put some cheese chips on his mouth after speaking. I looked up at him, "Your cousin is crazy. I mean.. he is crazy in love."

 

"Yeah" he chuckles. I sat up, slightly twisting my body to face him. "But we're not totally the same. I already moved on." I cupped my one hand on his cheek and then I smile, "I let my heart find the right one. And I'm so grateful to the universe that I found you." I can see the blush on his face. I chuckled before pressing my lips to his.

 

"I love you, babe." I told him when we parted. He opened his eyes and stares at me with affection then it's him who catches my lips this time. It didn't took long when I pull away and furrowed, "That's it? No answer?" I asked but he just laugh.

 

 

I pout then I go back to my previous position, my back resting on his chest. Then suddenly he wraps his arms around me. He buries his head on my neck and he whispers, "I love you more than anything in this world."

 

And that was the best words I've ever heard.

 

 

------------------

 

 

"Babe?" Seokmin entered my office with some folders on his hand. He gave me all of it as he takes a seat. I just hummed in response.

 

"Remember my cousin? The one I told you last week?" I hum again, my eyes still focused on the papers as I print my signature on it.

 

"He's flying back here in Korea and he told me that he wants to stop by on my apartment." and I hummed again.

 

Seokmin slammed the table with his hand, "Can you please say a word, just for once?" I laughed on his reaction. He's really cute when getting pissed.

 

"Okay. I'm sorry." I put down my pen and grabs his hand, " So, your crazy cousin will be visiting you? When? Why? and then why again."

 

He furrows his brows, "Tomorrow. Why? Because he wants to see me. We didn't see each other for almost 3 years cause he is now staying in America for his work. And what's the other why for?"

 

I nodded, "Why are you telling me this? Do you need my help or something?" I tilt my head as I ask.

 

"Yes. I need to clean my place and prepare some foods. I need some help. If it's okay with you.." his tone becomes emotionless like he was so done with me.

 

I kissed his hand then I smile, "Of course babe. I am willing to help you." I smile apologetically.

 

"Okay. Thanks!" he grabbed the papers on my table and then he go out of my office while sulking. That was really cute of him. I just can't help but laugh.

 

 

The next day is fortunately a holiday. We are free from work. I went to Seokmin's apartment to help him. I do the cooking while he is busy in cleaning his room. We finished just before lunch time. I sat on his study table to play some games on his laptop. Seokmin went outside to buy more snacks for us. 

 

While I'm busy on the laptop, I heard three knocks on the door. It's not Seokmin for sure because why would he knock on his own door? I paused the game and I got up from my sit and head towards the door. I turn the knob and pull the door to open, when the person behind the door shouts..

 

 

"Im baaacc--" 

 

 

We are both shocked.

 

 

Everything stops.

 

 

Everything seems to turn back to me. Time. Memories. The feelings. No, scratch that. No feelings.. I guess.. I don't know. I suddenly become confused. I start to remember again everything.. when I saw his face again.

 

He is back.

 

But why?

 

We just stare at each other. Silence filled the room. All I can hear is the sound of my beating heart. It so loud and strong, I'm scared he can also hear it. But Seokmin suddenly joined the scene.

 

 

"Oh? Hyuung! I missed you." They hug each other. While me, I'm stuck in the moment. What the hell is happening here?

 

Seokmin turned to me and hold my hand, "Babe, you okay?" I nodded and forced myself to smile. I saw the shock on the other's face when he heard Seokmin called me babe.

 

 

He used to call me that.

 

 

"Oh, by the way, hyung this is my boyfriend, Kim Mingyu," I slightly bow my head. I try hard not to have a eye contact with him. "And babe, this is my cousin, Jeon Wonwoo."

 

Seokmin begins to get confused. He looks at me then to Wonwoo. "Ah guys, it's kinda awkward. Why is that?" he laughs awkwardly. "Do you, by any chance, know each other?"

 

I don't want to hear him. I don't want Seokmin to hear whatever Wonwoo will answer. So, I immediately speak.

 

 

"No babe. I don't know him."

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------

 

a/n: So are you Team SeokGyu/2Min or Team WonGyu/Meanie?

I want to know how will I end this story.

I will let you decide. Majority wins. ♡♡♡