Before I Let You Go

It's Over

[SEOKMIN'S POV]

 

It's been a long time since the last time I came here. I missed this place. The fresh cold air, the smell of the grass and fresh flowers everywhere. The view of the still water from the lake, the leaves of the trees swaying along with the wind, and the concrete bench facing the lake. I missed it. I missed everything. I missed the memories.

 

 

Even the person that I used to share those memories with, I missed him.

 

 

And now, he's standing beside me again. Enjoying the view and perhaps, reminiscing as well.

 

 

I am not sure. I'm confused. But I guess, I really miss the past. 

 

 

I miss us.

 

 

"I didn't brought you here to make you remember what we used to do. Promise. I.. I just thought that this place could make you feel better." he smiled to me.

 

 

My phone vibrates on my pocket. But I ignored it. Just for this time, I want to be free. Free from hurting and problems. I want to escape at least for a while.

 

 

I look at Hoshi then back to the lake. I make my way to the bench and he followed me. "Of course, we both know that it's not impossible to happen. We cannot bring back the past but we can still look back and be grateful that it happened, no matter how good or bad that past was. Because without those memories and experiences we wouldn't be what we are today. The present will not be what it is now. So don't be afraid to reminisce, Hoshi. Just enjoy it." I look up at him and grin. He sits beside me and I can see the sadness on his face. My grin fades and turns into a frown. "What's wrong? Did I say something?"

 

 

He didn't respond. Hoshi just keep his eye contact to me. "Hosh--"

 

 

I was surprised when he pulls me for a hug. It's very warm and tight but not painful. It's very comforting. My mouth opens in shock but then I start on hugging him back. Seconds later, I hear him sob. He is crying. His back moves up and down as he continue to sob. He is not saying anything. I refuse to ask him and just continue on rubbing my hand on his back.

 

 

There's still the connection between us. I know because I also start to feel the same. I want to cry. I want to join him but I don't want to make him feel worst. He comforted me when I'm sad and now it's my turn.

 

 

I pull away and face him. He's really cute when crying. I barely see Hoshi cry because he is a very jolly and cheerful person. That's why it makes me feel really sad when I see him crying. But I can't deny the fact that I really enjoy watching him shed some tears. As I've said, he's really cute.

 

 

"Why are you crying?" he covers his face when he heard me laugh.

 

 

"Yaah!" his brows furrowed while crying. I continue to laugh while removing his hands from his face. 

 

 

"Agh! This is so embarrassing! You are laughing at me." he said with annoyance. 

 

 

I laugh again, "You always makes me laugh!"

 

 

But I stop on laughing when I realized what I just said. I look away and lowered my head. Even though I'm not looking at him, I know that he's looking at me. We're both surprised on what I said.

 

 

I felt his hand on mine. I tried to pull away but he hold it tight.

 

 

"I miss you, DK..

 

 

and I'm sorry for making you cry."

 

 

I look at him again. Sincerity is written on his face. I can feel it on his touch and his eyes is talking to my heart. The last time I saw him, I am really mad at him. After leaving me and not showing for a long time, of course I have the right to get mad. He deserves to be hated. But I'd like to admit that today, all this hatred has drift away. Not totally but enough to give him my forgiveness. I can't get mad at him forever. He still owns a special space in my heart. That's the truth that is hard to hide.

 

 

"Apology accepted."

 

 

 

[SOONYOUNG'S POV]

 

His smile outshines the sun. It's the first time after a long time that he smiles to me like that. It is relieving and ofcourse lovely. I know that I don't deserve his forgiveness but he still gave it to me. DK really owns a good heart. No matter how much pain I'd cause he still gives me a chance to be forgiven.

 

 

I know that it's too much to ask, but I still really want to ask for a second chance. For us. I want to prove again myself to him. But yeah that is too much. I need to accept that we are finally over. That he is already happy with Mingyu. I just need to be thankful that he forgave me. That's enough. I need to move on in my life.. without him by my side.

 

 

That's the reason why I'm here with him after all. To have a closure. To put an end on our fairytale. To let go of his hand and let him go his own way.

 

 

"Thank you." I smiled to him and let go of his hand. I can't look straight to his eyes. This is the right time. "DK, I wan--"

 

 

"Thank you for bringing me here." 

 

 

He didn't let me finish what I'm going to say. I look up again to look at him. His gaze is on the lake. I take a deep breath and turn my eyes on the lake. Maybe this is not yet the right time.

 

 

"What's wrong? You can tell me if you want. I will listen to you." I told him.

 

 

"How will you know if the love is not right?" 

 

 

I turn to him again with confusion. "What do you mean? Love is never wrong."

 

 

"Really? But why am I feeling like this. Something is not right." DK turns to me with a tear slowly going down from his eyes. "I'm hurting other people while me myself is hurting as well. This wrong. Very wrong."

 

 

My mouth opens in shock. I don't know what to say. I thought he is happy with Mingyu but why is he like this? My fist clenched in anger. What did Mingyu do to him? Is Mingyu cheating on him?

 

 

"W-what are you saying? I-is there a third party?"

 

 

DK shook his head. I already heard him sniffing. His tears are starting to flow on his face. "Mingyu told me that he loves me. I trust him with that. But.. there's someone, who is also special to me, also loves Mingyu. Wonwoo hyung loves Mingyu so much." DK brought his hands to cover his face and he cried out loud.

 

 

Wonwoo? That's his cousin. But, h-how? W-why?

 

 

I pull him closer to me and I locked my arms around him. He immediately remove his hands from his face to hug me back. He sobs again on my shoulder. He is crying really hard making him catch his own breath. I gently caressed the back of his head letting him cry out all the hurt inside him.

 

 

When he finally calm down and his breathing become stable, I start speaking, "I know how hard your situation is. I don't know how does it happened but I can feel that you are in deep pain. DK.. fight for what you think is right. As I told you earlier, love is never wrong thus, fight for your love. I'm not telling you to be selfish but sometimes it's not bad to think of your own happiness. You are also a human, you fall in love, and you also feel hurt. DK, someone like you deserves to love and be loved. If Mingyu really loves you that much, and you also love him that much.. then fight for it, no matter what."

 

 

"How about you? You stop on fighting. Does it mean.. you didn't love me.. anymore?"

 

 

I was taken aback by his sudden question. DK pull away from the hug and he faced me. I look at him. 

 

 

"I stop not because I didn't love you anymore. I stop because I love you. I love you so much that I can't take it anymore. It hurts when I see you cry because of me. It hurts to see you suffer because of my foolishness. I'm letting you go because I want to see you happy. I love you so much. I will sacrifice my own feelings just to make you happy and stress-free. Letting go is not a sign of weakness rather it shows how strong you are to face and accept the reality that it cannot be. That it's over. That's what I'm going to do now."

 

 

I didn't noticed that I'm also crying already. I put my hands on DK's face to wipe away his tears. He's also crying while listening to me. I don't know why. Maybe it's tears of joy because he's happy that finally I'm going to stop this crazyness of mine. But there's a part of me hoping that he don't want me to go.

 

 

"Hoshi.."

 

 

"DK, I'm really sorry for hurting you. I'm so sorry.." I felt his head shook and his tears continue to flow. "I'm sorry for causing pain in your heart. I promise that I won't be disturbing you and Mingyu again. I will stop on forcing myself to you. I am really sorry.."

 

 

"H-hoshi.."

 

 

"But, please always remember that I loved you. You are my first love DK. I never find another one. You are the only one. I never stop on loving you DK. I will always love you." I didn't let him say anything. I pressed my lips on his lips and let him feel, just for the last time, that I'm sincere. That I really love him. I felt him kiss back but I immediately cut the kiss because it might hurt me more. I rest my forehead on his with our eyes both closed. "DK, fight for your love. I know how much you love Mingyu, and I know how much Mingyu loves you. Follow your heart. Do what makes you happy."

 

 

DK hugs me again but tighter than earlier. He keeps on saying my name while crying. I closed my eyes to absorb and enjoy this moment. I'm happy and thankful that before I let him go, he forgave me and I told him what I wanted to say. For the last time, I felt his lips, his touch and his warmth. That's a relief.

 

 

 

 

----------------

a/n: Short update.