The Promise

It's Over

A/N: Hi there! So I noticed that everyone wants Mingyu and Wonwoo to be together in the end. Of course we all want that. Why did I even bother to ask? My mistake. Haha. But Still, I don't want to rush everything. Let's all be patient. Owkie? I just want to say that *insert History by 1D here* ~This is not end, this is not the end~ Hahaha. Yep. I extended this story. It was originally planned to be a two chaptered story only, but I changed my mind. I always change my mind. I hope you're enjoying this story. Thanks.

 

PS. I don't know but this chapter may change your mind on how you want me to end this. But I'm not really sure. XD

 

Ppyong!

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

[SEOKMIN'S POV]

 

There's something wrong.

 

 

I can't figure it out.

 

 

But I know.. I can feel that there's something going on between them.

 

 

We had our lunch and me and Wonwoo hyung talk about some things to catch up. Sitting beside me is Mingyu who didn't say word during the entire lunch which is quite unusual. I always caught Wonwoo hyung taking quick glances on Mingyu and when I look at Mingyu he also sometimes do the same. There are lots of questions in my mind but I can't let out even just one of it. Perhaps, I'll just need to wait. Answers will come soon itself, hopefully.

 

 

"Hyung, how long is your vacation?" I asked while scooping the last bite of my ice cream on my cup.

 

"Hm. My original plan is only for a week. But, I guess I will extend it to a month." he said then he glance again at Mingyu.

 

"Oh that's great. We have lots of time to catch up!" I grinned. "But how about your work? Do you have some important things to do here in Korea that's why you wants to extend your vacation?"

 

"I can give them a call or an e-mail. It's really not a problem at all. Besides, it's my first time to give myself a good break from work. I think I really deserve this break." he smiled, "and yes, there are some things I need to fix here. Well, I hope.. I can still fix." This time he is really staring at Mingyu. I swallowed and I felt Mingyu's hand on mine. Then I look at him with questioning look.

 

"Babe" he said slightly squeezing my hand, "I need to go. There are some paper works I need to finish."

 

"Oh, okay." I nodded while smiling. I lean a little closer to him, "Thanks for helping me today." He also leans forward to give a peck on my lips, "You're always welcome. Anything just for you." he said whild caressing my face with his free hand. He stood up still holding my hand then he gave me a last kiss on my temple, "Bye!" he said. He bows his head as he bid goodbye to Wonwoo hyung, "Hyung.. it's nice meeting you." 

 

I look at Wonwoo hyung. He chewed on his lips then he bows without looking at Mingyu. Mingyu left the apartment and then there's an awkward silence in the kitchen. I keep on looking at Wonwoo hyung who looks very uneasy.

 

 

"Hyung, are you okay?"

 

"Yeah.." he smiled. Then, another silence.

 

 

I put the plates on the sink while hyung is silently sitting on the stool. A moment later, he suddenly speaks, "Seokmin, how long have you been with Mingyu?"

 

"Almost half a year already." I told him.

 

"Do you love him?"

 

I paused on washing the plate on my hand when I heard his question. I looked at him over my shoulder then I continue to finish the plate before answering him. When I'm done, I take the stool across him then I smile, "Yes hyung, I love Mingyu with all my heart."

 

Wonwoo hyung nods. He turn his gaze to the sink then shift it to me again, "But, does Mingyu loves you? With all his heart?"

 

I chuckled awkwardly and furrowed my brows, "I think so. He always told me that, like everyday." I tilted my head curiously, "Why hyung? Is there's something wrong? You don't like Mingyu for me, do you?"

 

"No. It's not that." hyung's voice turns a little high in defense. He shook his head and he wave his hand in the air. "I just want to know if he's making you happy.. treating you right. And I'm glad to hear that he really is." he smiles.

 

I nodded happily, "Yes hyung. He makes me feel that I'm the luckiest and happiest man on earth."

 

 

[WONWOO'S POV]

 

I should be glad. But I can't.

 

I should feel happy for Seokmin. But I can't.

 

I should celebrate because I finally found Mingyu again. But I can't.

 

I should be happy for the both of them. I really should. But.. but I really can't.

 

 

It hurts.

 

It hurts to see Mingyu with someone else.

 

It hurts to know that that someone else is my best friend, my brother, my favorite cousin, Lee Seokmin.

 

It hurts to see the one you love happy in the arms of the one you also love.

 

It may sound unfair.. selfish.. but, I feel jealous. I can't be happy for Mingyu and Seokmin.

 

It really hurts.

 

 

The love anf happiness are really evident on Seokmin's eyes and smile. I envy him. But I can't get mad at him. I shouldn't. Seokmin doesn't know anything. He just fell in love. We fell in love with the same person.

 

"Seokmin, do you remember the guy I always told you before? " I asked. We are still here in his kitchen sharing some stories with each other. He nods at me. I took at deep breath then I continue, "Actually, he doesn't really left me. I..it's my fault." His small eyes widened on what I said. "I left him for my first love.. I chose Seungcheol over him." I lowered my head, "And I realized.. that was the greatest mistake I've done in my life." I lift my head up to face Seokmin, "I regret it. I really do." 

 

I was surprised by my own tears. I immediately wipes it and smiles weakly to Seokmin, "Oh. Sorry for that."

 

He stood up from his tool then he transfers to the stool beside me. He took my hand to caress it. "You realized who you really love. And you still really loves him until now." he said with those worried eyes.

 

I nod while letting my tears to flow, "I left Seungcheol to find him again." I held his both hands, "Seokmin.. I already found him."

 

"Really? Where? When? By the way, what's his name, hyung?" he asked with extreme anticipation. But I don't think K can tell him. I'm scared. I'm scared on what may happen. I'm scared of the consequences. I opened my mouth but thankfully, his phone rings.

 

Seokmin get his phone from his pocket, "Oh, it's Mingyu."

 

My heart race again after hearing the name. I felt more tears coming out of my eyes.

 

"Hyung, I'll just answer it. Excuse me." then Seokmin went outside.

 

I looked at my hands, "It's Mingyu, Seokmin. It's Mingyu." I cover my face with my hands and I started to sob.

 

 

[SEOKMIN'S POV]

 

Another busy day in the office. In two days, we will be presenting our monthly report. Everyone is busy in preparing and arranging the datas needed in our report. I get up from my seat to deliver some files on Mingyu's office. My full attention is on the papers on my hands that's why I didn't notice everything on my way until I bumped on someone. I sniffed on the familiar scent which makes my lips to form a smile. I look up to his him also smiling at me with those canine teeth of him showing. "Hey!" he greeted.

 

 

"Hey!?" I answered with a confused weird look. I shifted to my right to continue my walk but he blocked me. Then I go to my left but he do the same. "Yaah!" I I told him in a playfully annoyed tone. He laugh silently then he leabs forward to peck my nose.

 

 

"Mr. Kim, all your staffs are cramming for the report. While you.. you really have time to play around, eh? So professional!" I tsked. But honestly, I like that clingy side of him. So cute. Mingyu pouts and stood beside me. He snakes his arm on my waist then he plants another kiss on my cheek. "I'm sorry. I just missed you." he said. I rolled my eyes but there's a blush on my face.

 

We are about to enter his office when the security guard of the building, Mr. Cho, approaches us. He handed me a box of chocolates.

 

 

"Mingyu, you should've just give it to me by yourself. Why need to ask for Mr. Cho's help?" I asked Mingyu. He raised his brows and slowly shook his head, "I.. didn't.." He looks at Mr. Cho then to me again, "It's not from me, babe."

 

 

"Oh? Then who--?" I turn to Mr. Cho who is ready to explain. "Mr. Lee there's an anonymous man earlier at the lobby. He asked me to give that to you. He looks decent that's why I accepted it. And also, he ask me to tell you that he will wait for you on the parking lot." he explains.

 

I furrowed my brows then I look at the chocolate. "Who's that?" Mingyu asked and he removes his arm on my waist.

 

"Wait, there's a note." I told them. But the sender didn't include his identity. The note only indicates an 'I Miss You' with a star on the lower part of th-- wait. Star?

 

"No way."

 

 

I started running down the building ignoring the people on my way. I can hear Mingyu calling out my name but I also ignore it. I'm sorry Mingyu. Let me just confirm if my thoughts are correct. Hopefully, it's not. But as I look at the chocolate on my hand, it already explains everything. There's only one person I know who loves to draw a star on notes.

 

 

When I reached the parking lot, I start to move my head to look for someone but there's no one here. Until my gaze falls on a familiar blue car. I immediately move towards the car. I stopped when I saw the back of a man, his knees are stightly bended as he checks his own reflection on the side mirror of the blue car.

 

 

He looks familiar but I'm not really sure, until I got a glimpse of his face on the mirror. I swallowed and felt my hands trembling. My heart beats as if it wants to get out of my chest. His hair color changed. It's not the blonde hair he had when I last saw him. It's been a while since I he had a dark colored hair. It really suits him. But his face, it's still the same. It's still the same face I used to admire everyday. The same face of the person I used to love before.. but not anymore.

 

 

I took a deep breath before I decided to call his attention. "H..Hoshi."

 

 

I saw his reaction on the mirror. His tiny eyes grow big and he stopped on fixing his hair. He stood up straight and he finally turn around to face me. He looks surprised and happy to see me. His eyes and lips are smiling from ear to ear. While me, on the other hand, is not really pleased. My body is shaking and tears are starting to form in my eyes.

 

 

"DK.. b..babe." I hear him say.

 

 

Without any thinking, I throw the chocolates on my hand targetting his chest. "O..ouch! Hey!" he winced in pain as I aimed. That pain is nothing compared to the pain he made here in my heart.

 

 

"Babe? Are you kidding me?! Hoshi we already ended this stupid relationship two years ago! Remember?! It's you! You already ended it!" I told him calmly but with strong emphasize in my every word. I clenched my fist and I bite my lips to prevent my tears from falling.

 

 

He was shocked by my words. He lowered his head and he starts to tense up. His eyes looks on no specific direction and he absentmindedly plays the hem of his shirt. Perhaps, guilt is already eating up his mind and body. That's great. He really should be.

 

 

He lifts his head and our eyes met. He steps forward and he starts to speak again, "Look. Babe, I'm sorry. I di--"

 

"Sorry?" I interrupted. "That's useless. Your sorry cannot bring back the past. It cannot change everything! I cannot heal my broken heart! Hoshi, it's too late! The damage has been done. And your sorry doesn't have the powers to fix everything!" I yelled at him. I can't hold back my tears anymore, I finally let go of them.

 

He moves closer to me but I step back with my arms raised forward to stop him. " Babe, please listen to me."

 

 

"Stop! Stop calling me that because I'm not yours anymore!" He step back. "Why are you here? How dare you show up again after everything! You leave me hanging. You left me without saying any word. I waited for you! I held on to your promise that you won't ever leave me. You told me you love me! Hoshi, I trusted you.. I loved you.. but what happened? What did you do? You broke your promise! You broke my trust on you! Hoshi.. you broke my heart!" Tears are now flooding my face. I'm already sobbing. I don't want to cry because it's not really manly. I also don't want to look weak infront of him. But I can't help it. I want to let out all the pain and anger inside of me.

 

I look at him. He still held his head down facing the ground. I heard him murmuring, "I'm sorry. I know it's my fault. I leff because I'm scared.. I'm scared on what will be waiting for us in the future." He finally look up at me. He is also crying. "I want to be with you forever, DK. I want to marry you. But I got scared! I run away.. I run away to think. To find myself. I want to convinced myself that there's nothing I should be afraid of. You love me. That should be an enough reason for me to be brave. But I didn't think of that. I made the situation worst. I lost you." 

 

 

Why didn't he told me? Why didn't he trust my feelings for him? Why did he run away? He should've just talk to me. We should've solve his problem together. I know we can! But he didn't trust me. It hurts. I want to punch him. I want to hurt him. But I don't want to be physical. Perhaps, words are enough to cut his heart.

 

 

"If you want my forgiveness.. I'll think about it. Give me some time to absorb everything. But if you asked me to love you again.." I shook my head, "I'm sorry. It's too late. I didn't love you no more."

 

 

We are both crying. But I'm not sorry for him. He deserves it. I want him to feel the pai--

 

 

"Kwon.. Soonyoung?" I was startled when I heard a voice behind me. I turn my head to see Mingyu's confused face.

 

 

[MINGYU'S POV]

 

 

Seokmin starts to abruptly run away. I call out his name for several times but he didn't look back. What's wrong with him? Did he know who's the sender of the chocolates? Who is it? To answer all my question, I followed him.

 

 

He went to the parking lot. He suddenly stops between the back of a red and a blue car. I also stopped on my place to observe him. I gasps when I saw him tossed the chocolates forward. Is he with someone? I am not sure because the red car is blocking my view. I start to walk again but I paused when I heard Seokmin yelled. What's happening? I run towards his direction and I was surprised on what I saw.

 

 

"Kwon.. Soonyoung?" I furrowed. What is he doing here? Then I turn to Seokmin and I was more shocked to see him crying. I cupped my hands on his cheeks to wipe away his tears. "Babe, what happened? Why are you crying?"

 

 

"Babe?" I heard Soonyoung chuckled bitterly.

 

 

I pulled Seokmin closer to me. "What is this again Kim Mingyu? Are you really trying to annoy me? First, you stole my first love. Now, you're stealing my true love? I cannot believe this. Do you really want to ruin my life, uh? He glared at me. Seokmin tightens his grip on me. He buried his face on my chest. True love? So, maybe he is Hoshi. I remembered Seokmin told me about his first boyfriend. Small world. Kwon Soonyoung is Hoshi? Life is really funny. Life really wants to make fun of me.

 

 

"It really came from you?" I scoffed. "Soonyoung, you are the one who ruined my life. I can still remember how I lost my job because of you!" I pointed my shaking index finger on him. My body is trembling in anger, "I won't let you ruin my life.. our life again! Piss off, Kwon Soonyoung! Don't you dare come near Seokmin again! I won't let you hurt him again!" I heard Seokmin cry louder.

 

 

Soonyoung hissed then he look at Seokmin, "I won't give up on you, DK! I won't. I still love you. I will wait for you."

 

 

"Leave!! Before I call for a security!" I threathened.

 

 

Soonyoung finally get inside his car. He starts his engine and immediately leaves the lot leaving some dark polluted smoke from his car around us. I waved my hands in the air to shoo away the smoke.

 

 

"Mingyu.." I looked down at Seokmin with full of worry. He placed his hands on my face, "I love you.. I love you, Mingyu. I love you." he said while crying.

 

"Sshh.." I attached my forehead to him, "I love you too." I continue to wipe his tears. "I won't leave you. I won't hurt you. I will always love you, Seokmin. I promise." I kissed his temple and keep him safe again in my arms.

 

----

Note: Some of you might be confused. But I already mentioned Soonyoung on the first chapter. It explains why Mingyu knows him. :)