Goodbye

It's Over

[MINGYU'S POV]

 

"Babe, please pick up the phooone!"

 

 

I've been calling him for five times already but he's not answering. Agh! Lee Seokmin, where are you?!

 

 

I sat on the pavement infront his apartment. I tried to call his other friends but they didn't know where he is. He was crying when I talked to him earlier. I'm getting worried about him. Where will he be going? 

 

 

Thirty minutes had passed but still no Seokmin showing up. He is not also answering my text messages. I run my fingers to my hair! What the hell is happening to him? 

 

 

As I was about to leave the place, I glanced on a familiar man coming towards my direction. His head is bowed down but I am sure that that was him.

 

 

"Babe, where have you been?" I approached him and he seems startled when he noticed me. "Are you okay?" I added.

 

 

"Can we stay at your house now?" he asked and I nodded immediately. I don't know why he suddenly wants to stay on my place. But it doesn't matter, what's important is he is here with me finally.

 

 

We had a silent ride to my house. When we arrived, we headed straight to my room and stay on my bed. We lay our backs on the headboard of the bed with our half body covered with soft comfy blankets. Seokmin rests his head on my shoulder and our hands intertwined under the covers. We stay like that for a good while. Until I started on asking him again.

 

 

"Babe, what's wrong? Tell me."

 

 

He didn't spoke. Instead, he sat up and faced me. Seokmin look straight to my eyes. With his free hand, he traces my eyes down to my nose and he stops when he reached my lips. He just stare on my lips. He removes his hand on me and he lowered his head. I got confused on his expression so I hold his chin up and I lock my lips to him.

 

 

We shared a long passionate kiss. It's been a while since we had a moment like this. It's overwhelming. My heart flutters in so much happiness. I love Seokmin, more than anything.

 

 

I smiled at him when we parted and I whisper an 'I love you' to him. He didn't answer but he kissed me again. Short but sweet. I guess that's enough than hearing him say something.

 

 

After the kiss, he rest his forehead on mine. And I noticed some crystal running down his face. I immediately cupped my hands on his face. "Babe, why are you crying?"

 

 

He put his hand on the top of my hand. He closed his eyes and moves closer to my touch. "Babe, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

 

 

"Thank you, Mingyu. Thank you for everything. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for bringing back the happiness in my life. Thank you--"

 

 

"Sssh!" I put a finger on his lips to stop him. "You don't need to say that. I love you, Seokmin."

 

 

"I love you too, Mingyu. You will always be here in my heart.. forever.

 

 

 

 

But for now, it's time for me to let you go."

 

 

 

"What?!"

 

 

 

 

flashback..

 

 

[SEOKMIN'S POV]

 

 

Hoshi pulled away and held my hands. He gently squeezed it and bring up to his lips to plant some kiss.

 

 

"I will miss you, DK. Please don't forget that once in your life, there's a man with a very tiny eyes with the name of Kwon Soonyoung, Hoshi as you perceived, brings a laughter in your life. Just ommit the dark side that I brought on you sunshine. I'm really sorry for that." Then he kissed again the back of my hand.

 

 

While stating his, probably, last words to me, he didn't noticed how many times I move my head from left to right. He didn't noticed how much bucket of tears I have shed while he's bidding goodbye.

He didn't noticed the pain here inside my heart. He didn't noticed how hard it is for me to say goodbye.

 

 

Why Hoshi? Why is it so easy for you to leave me? Why can't you see that it hurts me more than what Wonwoo hyung did? Why can't you feel that I don't want you to go? Why do you have to leave me again? Hoshi, why? 

 

 

 

But honestly, I, myself, didn't know why. Why am I being like this?

 

 

Is it because of the kiss? But, Mingyu is my life now. I shouldn't be feeling this way. But I don't understand. Maybe I just missed Hoshi..

 

 

I missed the old us..

 

 

I missed his touch..

 

 

I missed the memories..

 

 

Maybe--

 

 

 

"I'll be going back to Japan in three days. Please always take care of yourself. Okay?" He let go of my hands and placed a kiss on my temple. Hoshi stood up and smile sadly down at me. "Goodbye, DK. I hope you will be happy now."

 

 

Hoshi turn around and make his way back to his car. Wait, he's going to leave me here alone? No, not here in the park. But, here in this complicated situation I'm into. Hoshi is the only one I can lean on. He always makes me feel better. 

 

 

Actually, all this time.. I know, and I believe that up to this moment, Hoshi is the only thing I can call my own.

 

 

 

Maybe this is the right thing to do. I will follow what he told me to do. I will fight for what I think is right. To be fair to everyone.. I will make everything right.

 

 

 

"Hoshi!"

 

 

 

I run towards him and hug him from behind that made him startled.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'll go with you."

 

 

 

end of flashback..

 

 

 

 

 

[MINGYU'S POV]

 

My heart broke into pieces on what I heard. Is he breaking up with me? But why? I felt the tears running down my face. This can't be!

 

 

"Please tell me you're just joking! Seokmin it's not funny!"

 

 

"Mingyu, I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.."

 

 

"Hey why? What did I have done wrong? Please don't break up with me!" I grip his shoulders with my both hands. The room started to fill with tears and sound of sobbing.

 

 

"Mingyu! Wonwoo hyung wants you back!"

 

 

"What? NO! We are over Seokmin! You know that! I don't love him anymore!"

 

 

 

"But he loves you so much! Mingyu, I don't want to see hyung suffer and hurting like that. It also hurts me! I love Wonwoo hyung. I don't want to hurt him. Please give him another chance!"

 

 

"What about me? Don't you think I'm not hurting right now? Seokmin don't you love me anymore?"

 

 

"Mingyu, I love you! You know how much I love you! But, this is the right thing to do. The best for all of us! I will let you go now, Mingyu. Please, love Wonwoo hyung again. Don't worry about me. I can handle it! Just please. Let's stop this. This situation hurts me so much! I can't take it anymore. Mingyu.. I can't!"

 

 

I throw myself off the bed. I walk back and forth trying to understand everything. This is just a dream. Yes, Mingyu you are only dreaming. This is just--

 

 

"Aaaarrgghh!!" I fell down on my knees with my hands gripping my hair. It hurts. It's happening again. My life seems to go back to what it used to be. The pain is here again. I'm starting to be miserable again.

 

 

 

Seokmin went to me and embrace me. "This is unfair, Seokmin!" I whisper to him. I push him away and shouted, "This is totally unfair! I love you! Why do you want me to love someone I already forgotten!!"

 

 

"Stop pretending Mingyu!"

 

 

My heart skip a beat on what he said. Pretending?

 

 

"I know that you still have feelings for Wonwoo hyung! He is your first love. It's not easy to forget someone so special to you, no matter how long you have been away from each other. Can't you see? Fate made a way to cross your roads again! After five years, you see each other again! Mingyu.. maybe Wonwoo hyung is really the one destined to you. You are meant for each other!"

 

 

To cry is all I can say and do. Seokmin sacrifices his love for me just to make Wonwoo happy, and on what he thinks, to make me happy.. happier rather. Yes, what he said is true. First love is not that easy to forget. And I admit that there's a part of me wants to be with Wonwoo again. I just fought this feeling because I'm with Seokmin. I want to be fair to him. He loves me and I want to give him back all the love he deserves. He changed my life. I found happiness again after a long time. 

 

 

But when Wonwoo appeared again, honestly.. I realized that I'm not really happy. This is not what genuine happiness feels like. I still feel incomplete.

 

 

"Mingyu.. it's not hard to fall inlove with someone, especially when you already loved that someone before. You just need to revive the flame. Just make some efforts. Love will eventually come again. Mingyu.. please?"

 

 

My eyes continue to let go of tears. I move forward until our faces are just inches away. I look at him. Just like what he did to me earlier, I trace his eyes, nose and lips with my finger. I swallowed, "Seokmin, you are an angel. I thank God for lending me one of his angels. You changed my life. And now you are trying to change it again." I continue to caress his face, "Seokmin you are one of the best thing that happened to me. Please believe me when I said that I love you. Because I really do." And slowly I close the gap between us. I felt him answer my kiss. I know that we both love each other. But Seokmin loves Wonwoo more. Indeed, blood is thicker than water.

 

 

I pulled away and face him again. "Mingyu, I'm sor--"

 

 

"Ssshh! Seokmin, I understand you. If this is what you really want, I will do it for you. I will try my best to fall for him again. But just give me some time to reflect. It's still not easy to do." 

 

 

"Thank you, Mingyu" Seokmin hugs me and he continue to cry on my shoulder.

 

 

 

"Thank you, Seokmin. Thank you for everything. You will always be here in my heart. I will never forget you."

 

 

 

[SEOKMIN'S POV]

 

I pull away from the hug and held his hands. "I need to go, Mingyu. Please be strong. Don't let your life control you, control your life instead. Don't be miserable. I know that you will be happy again." 

 

 

I wipe my tears and make my way out of the room. But he pulled me again and gave me a tight hug. "Let me just hug you for the last time." and I let him.

 

 

But this only makes me hard to let him go. So before I changed my mind and come back to him again, I remove his arms to me and walk out the door. I can hear his cry behind. It hurts. It really hurts. But I need to do this.

 

 

When I reached the outside, I can see the blue car infront of the house. I walk towards it and step inside the car.

 

 

"Are you sure about this? Are you okay?" I heard him say.

 

 

"Yes. I want to start my life again." I told him without giving him a look. My tears don't stop from falling. Then later on, I felt him hold my hand.

 

 

"Thank you for giving me another chance. I promise that I will never leave you again."

 

 

I hold him tighter and turn to him to give the sweetest smile I can give on that moment.

 

 

 

 

"Thank you for coming back, Hoshi."

 

 

 

-----------

A/n: I told you to be patient, right? There you go. No more SeokGyu! SoonSeok forevaaah! ♡♡♡ 

 

You're welcome! :)