Fire Exit

It's Over

[MINGYU'S POV]

 

"Officer. Please make sure that that Soonyoung guy will never ever stepped again here. I don't want him to hurt Seokmin again. He had suffered alot. I don't want that to happen again." I keep on reminding Mr. Cho to never accept anything again from Soonyoung. I am really worried for Seokmin. Seeing again Soonyoung must be really hard for him. All the memories will come back. All the pain and heartaches are felt again. The nightmares will be remembered. It's really hard. It really hurts. How did I know? Of course, I should know. Of all people, I should be the one to understand him the most. We are now experiencing the same situation. The only difference is, he doesn't know.. that I'm hurting too.

 

 

Mr. Cho nods as he seems to memorized my reminders. It's been a week since I started this daily routine. Yes, I am doing this everyday. Before I go straight to my office I will stop first on the guard stations to remind the officers about Soonyoung. I don't want him to go near Seokmin again. I am so bothered since he also keeps on sending emails and messages to Seokmin. I don't know where and how did he get his contacts. All I know is he's really getting on my nerves. But what bothers me the most is that Seokmin doesn't seem to care. He doesn't care if that jerk keeps on disturbing him, flooding his inbox with messages. Perhaps, he still really cares for him, he just doesn't mind showing it. But I trust him. I know Seokmin, he knows how and when to forgive someone. Even though he has been hurt, he is still willing to give his forgiveness.

 

 

And that's what I love about him. Seokmin is really special. He deserves to be loved.

 

 

I was greeted by some colleagues on my way to my office. I should start my day right. I bow and smiled to everyone I meet along the hallway. In the middle of my walk, my phone suddenly vibrates on my pocket. I pull it out and my lips automatically stretched into a smile when I saw his name. I slide my finger on the screen to answer the call.

 

 

"I missed you, too."

 

["Huh? I am not saying anything yet." ]

 

"I know but that was what you're going to say." I grin as I enter the elevator. I pushed the number 5 button as the door closed.

 

["Of course not, I just wanna ask if you're already here. There are lots of files waiting for you.]

 

 

"Don't deny it, you're also waiting for me." I chuckle. I stepped back when the door opens on the 3rd floor. Someone has joined me inside. I lowered my voice a little, "I'm already here in the elevator darling. Just a little more while." Though I can't see him I can sense him rolling his eyes.

 

 

["Whatever. Bye."] Then, he hang up. I really enjoy teasing him.

 

 

The elevator finally stops on my floor. I step outside while keeping my phone on my bag. I lift my gaze again on my way and I stop abruptly when I saw a familiar man coming towards me. He is focused on his phone. I stopped. I don't know why but I stopped from walking.. and I'm waiting for him to notice me.

 

 

Just a seconds later, our eyes met. 

 

 

"Wo-- H-hyung." Why did I stuttered? I suddenly hate my self for that. But he also seems to panic when he saw me. Wonwoo's sharp eyes grows a little and his mouth slightly parted in shock. I tried to stay calm but my body betrays me. "Wh-wha-why a-are you here?"

 

 

Wonwoo lowered his head and tries to look away. "I-I just came t-to visit Seokmin."

 

 

"Ooh." I smiled awkwardly "Go home safe, hyung. I'll go ahead." I make a bow and starts to walk away but then I felt his grip on my wrist. "Mingyu, wait!"

 

 

I look on his hand on my wrist then I look at him as I pull away my hands from him. "What?"

 

 

"Can we talk?"

 

 

"Hyung, I have lots of work to--"

 

 

"Please." He holds me in my arms and begs with his puppy eyes.

 

 

I push his hands away with care, "What are we going to talk about?" I can feel my heart flutters. It gets stronger as I wait for his answer.

 

 

He swallowed then he look into my eyes, "Us."

 

 

Of course, I expect it to be his answer. But why does it feels like this? Am I nervous? excited? happy? or just hurt?

 

 

"I guess we have nothing to talk about. There's no 'us', hyung. There was never an us." I never had him. It's only me that loved him. Does a relationship composed of a one-sided love can be considered as an 'us'? No, I don't think so. It's only 'me'. I turn away with still the strange feeling inside of me. But he pulled my arms again to stop me.

 

 

"I love you, Mingyu."

 

 

My heart stops. I literally stops on my feet. My body systems seems to stop as well. Everything stops at that moment. All I can hear is him saying those words.

 

 

"I still love you, Mingyu. I really do."

 

 

I clenched my fist and I bite on my lips. I've been waiting for this moment since we're together. To hear him say that he loves me. But we are finally over. He already made an end point-- an exclamation point in our relationship. It's over. We are over. But why am I so grateful, so glad, excited to hear those words from him now. WHY?

 

 

I turn and stare at him with confusion. I'm confused. Why is he saying this to me? and why am I feeling so delighted to hear this? To see him again? again, WHY?

 

 

I pull him in the nearest fire exit door and there I confronted him. "What do you think are you doing? Wonwoo, I'm Seokmin's boyfriend now. Seokmin, your cousin! Don't you have any shame on you? Don't interfere in our relationship. I'm already happy with him!" My voice is shaking in anger, confusion and other unexplainable emotions. I'm holding back my tears. Wonwoo is already crying. Did I hurt him? But I just said the truth. "Why do you need to come back? After leaving me with that jerk, now you're begging, saying that you love me. Do you think I will believe you? Do you really think I will love you again?"

 

 

"Mingyu, I'm so sorry for hurting you. I really regret that decision of mine! I really love you and I know you still love me too, Mingyu!" Wonwoo cried, "I can feel it. I can see it in your eyes! From the moment we saw each other for the first time again, I know you're still feeling the same!"

 

 

"No! That's not true!!" I yelled at him. I forgot to lock the door behind us, but I don't care anymore. I just hope no one will pass by this area. "I already forgotten you! I forget all the love I felt for you!" Yeah, I think so. It's not love anymore, it's now pure hate and anger. All I can recall now is how he broke my heart into pieces. Tears finally falls down on my cheeks.

 

 

"Please don't deny it! I know you still love me!!"

 

 

"Wonwoo, stop! I already have Seokmin now!"

 

 

"But, do you really love him? The same way you loved me. Is that the same?"

 

 

I was taken aback. Do I love Seokmin? The way I loved Wonwoo? It takes a while before I answer. 

 

 

"What?! Why can't you answer me?"

 

 

Why am I hesitating? I hate you, Wonwoo.

 

 

"Of course, I do! He is way better than you. He loves me so much that's why I'm giving back to him all the love he deserves." I love Seokmin. He's my life now. I'm sure about that. Kim Mingyu, you said it right.

 

 

He looks at me feeling more hurt than ever. "Mingyu, please" his voice cracks as he sobs, "forgive me. You're the one I really love. Please, Mingyu. Let's start together again. Please, give me another chance. I promise not to hurt you again." He closed the distance between us. He hugged me so tight, wetting my blue long sleeves.

 

 

My confusion is driving me insane. Why am I having second thoughts? I want to hug him back but my mind says no. I closed my eyes and I took a deep breath. I need to end this now before it gets worst.

 

 

"Let's tell Seokmin about us, Mingyu." 

 

 

I was shocked by his sudden words. I pushed him away from me, "Are you crazy? Do really enjoy hurting other people? Wonwoo, Seokmin is your cousin!"

 

 

"But--" he cries harder.

 

 

"No! You're being selfish!!" I yelled at him. "Just leave us alone. We are happy now!"

 

 

I put my hands on the top of his shoulders. "Wonwoo. This will be the last time we are going to talk about this. I don't want Seokmin to know about us. I don't want to hurt him. Please, just stop. Stop this already! I don't love you anymore. We. are. over. 5 years ago.."

 

 

"No, please Mingyu. Don-"

 

 

"I said stop!" I wipe my tears and look straight on his eyes. "Wonwoo, goodbye."

 

 

I tidied myself and make my way to the bathroom. I left Wonwoo, on the fire exit. Crying, hurting, breaking into pieces, just like what he did to me.

 

 

----------------------

 

 

 

 

Little did they know, someone eavesdropped on them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------

a/n: Hi I need your feedbacks on this chapter. I was not really in the mood to do this because I'm sick. But I still do it, since I love you guys. ❤ Hahaha. Please tell me if it's confusing, looks like rushed or something.. so I can revise it as soon as possible. :) Thanks! 

 

Btw, I would like to recommend the song Never Had You by Julie Anne San Jose. :) She's a Filipino singer, and I'm an avid fan of her. :')) Try to listen to it guys that's one of my favorite songs of her. That was also my some kind of inspiration for this chapter. hihi. 

 

Thanks for reading my story! ♡♡