First Step

It's Over

[WONWOO'S POV]

 

I woke up with some dry tears on my cheeks. Almost everynight I cry myself to sleep. I really miss Mingyu. It really hurts me everytime I see him with Seokmin. That should be me. But I know that this is all my fault. I shouldn't left Mingyu at the first place. I should've let myself love him before. I shouldn't chose Seungcheol over him. I shouldn't. Now, I'm facing all the consequences. I'm experiencing all the pains I deserve. But, I won't give up. I know that everything will fall into places. Mingyu will be mine again.

 

My thoughts are cut by the knock on my door. I lazily get my phone on the nightstand to check the time. It's already past noon. Whoever this visitor is, I'm afraid I have nothing to serve for lunch. I get up from my bed and didn't bother to check myself in the mirror. The person outside has knocked several times already so I need to open it now.

 

 

The moment my hand touches the knob, I felt my heart race. I gulped and slowly turn the knob and pull the door to open. To my surprise, Seokmin is standing infront of me with a faint smile.

 

"S-Seokmin.. w-what brings you h-here?" I stutter. Why am I stuttering? 

 

"You just woke up, hyung?" he chuckles and I nodded awkwardly, "Good Morning then. Good thing I brought some foods. Can I come in?" he smiles again, but a little wider this time.

 

 

"Aah. Yes, come in!" I let him come in and he went straight to my kitchen. I feel so uncomfortable right now. Weeks ago, I went to his house, begging and crying for him to give Mingyu back to me. I know that he's mad at me back then. He should be mad at me. But here he is, giving me a sweet genuine smile and he even brought some foods for me. I somehow feel guilty. Seokmin is really a good person. I don't think I deserve this.

 

I followed him and I sit on the stool across him. He already prepared the plates and he handed me the bowl of ramen. It's really confusing. So I didn't waste more time and I ask him again. "Seokmin? What's with the sudden visit?"

 

 

"I just want to check you out. It's been a week since the last time we saw each other. I didn't heard anything from you, so I visited." he explained.

 

"Aaah.." is the only thing that comes out from my mouth. I take a bite of my ramen and it feels good. It gives warm to my tummy. I didn't realized that I'm already hungry. Thanks to Seokmin. I paused on my next bite when I heard Seokmin added something.

 

"Also, I need to tell you something."

 

And there my heart race again. What is this he wants to tell me? I slowly put down my spoon to give my full attention to Seokmin. I saw him do the same and he takes a deep breath. Is this something serious? Is it about Mingyu? I am really curious and at the same time nervous. I gulped once again before Seokmin finally utters..

 

 

"I broke up with Mingyu."

 

 

My mouth opens in shock. Did I heard it right? Seokmin broke up with Mingyu?

 

 

"Aren't you happy, hyung?"

 

 

I should be glad. But.. I don't know. I didn't expect it to be this hard to accept. I want Mingyu, but.. but I feel bad for Seokmin.

 

 

"This is what you want right?" Seokmin chuckles and he lowers his head. "S-Seokmin.."

 

 

"It's okay hyung. I'm fine." he said without looking at me. "S-Seokmin.."

 

 

"I love you, hyung." he finally lift up his head again and faces me, "I want you to be happy. I don't want you to suffer because of me. Don't worry about me, hyung. I'll move on. I will do it for you." Tears are running down his face.

 

 

I immediately get up from my seat to hug him. "Seokmin, I-I'm sorry."

 

 

"No, hyung. I understand." he turn to me and hugged me back. My eyes starts to release some tears too. I can't explain how am I feeling right now. It's overwhelming. The happiness, sadness and guilt. It's all mixed. I don't know if I should thank Seokmin for giving up or not because it sounds so mean. I throw my head up and close my eyes as I listen to his sobbing. Seokmin, I'm sorry for making this hard for you. I'm sorry.

 

 

"Hyung.. Please take care of Mingyu. Please love him more than I did. Please don't leave him again. Hyung, please prove that you deserve this second chance. Hyung, please prove to me and to Mingyu that you deserve him.. that you deserve to be together again. Hyung, I love Mingyu but I love you more. Please, promise me that you will not hurt Mingyu again, please promise me."

 

 

Seokmin gave up his love for Mingyu because of me. Because he loves me more than Mingyu. Because our relationship as cousins is more important than theirs. He sacrifices his own happiness for my happiness. Again, I don't think I deserve this. But for you, Seokmin, I will make sure that it is all worth it. You're sacrifices will be all worth it. I love you, Lee Seokmin. Thank you for everything.

 

 

"I promise, Seokmin. I promise."

 

 

 

[MINGYU'S POV]

 

My phone keeps on ringing when I woke up. When it stops I checked on the notification and saw 6 missed calls from Seokmin. I almost dropped the phone on my face when it starts on ringing again. I slide my finger on the screen to accept the call.

 

 

"Yaaah! Babe, it's too early. What's wrong?" 

 

 

["Babe? Kim Mingyu wake up!"]

 

 

I furrowed my brows and with my eyes slightly open I checked the Caller ID again. It's Seokmin.

 

 

"Babe, what's wr--" and before I finish my words, my eyes turn wide, fully awaken when I realized what I am actually saying, "Omg. I'm sorry. Bab--Seokmin. I'm sorry." I heard him laugh on the other line. Then I pout, "I'm sorry. It's really hard to adjust. I will be honest with you. It still really hurts. I'm still having a hard time accepting that we are over. My system has not absorbing it yet."

 

["Gyu.."]

 

 

"No, it's okay. Don't mind me. I'm sorry. Hmm. Why did you call?"

 

 

["Ahm, I just want to remind you that we're going to watch movie today, remember?"]

 

 

"Ah, yes ofcourse. I remember." I can't deny the fact that I'm really excited to go out with him again.

 

 

["Okay, don't forget your ticket okay? I already gave it to you right?"]

 

 

"Right!"

 

 

["Okay, see you later. Bye!"]

 

 

"Bye." Seokmin hangs up the phone and wide grin on my face is inevitable. I know that I agreed to Seokmin that I will love Wonwoo again. But it's not easy. Yes, my feelings for Wonwoo are still there but I'm not falling out of love with Seokmin. I can't. Atleast, not yet.

 

------

 

The time of the movie is 2:30 pm, and it's only 1:45 pm. I purposely go early cause I don't want Seokmin to wait for me. 15 minutes had passed but he's still not here. I look down to my phone to send a message to him when saw someone stands infront of me and I heard a familiar voice.

 

 

"M-Mingyu?"

 

 

I bite my lips and knitted my brows. My heart beats so fast, I can't hear the music playing in the cinema hall. I slowly move my head up and my heart stops from beating when I look on eyes of the man in front of me.

 

 

"W-why are you h-here?" My voice is shaking. I hate this. I can't control myself. I'm trembling.

 

 

"Seokmin, invited me. Where is he?" he said.

 

 

"Whaat?" What the hell are you talking about Jeon Wonwoo? I immediately dialed Seokmin's number and after one beep he finally picked up.

 

 

"Hey! Where are you? Ahm, the movie will start in 15 minutes." I chuckled nervously, "and, ahm.. Wonwoo's here." I bite my lips and avoid Wonwoo's stare. Ugh! This is so awkward.

 

 

"What? You can't come?" I chuckled again, bitterly, "You should've told me earlier. I'm stuck here with Wonwoo." I told him on a low voice so Wonwoo can't hear. But Seokmin just laugh. He told me that it's actually his plan. His first step in bringing us together again. "WHAT?" On my side vision, I saw Wonwoo move in shock when he heard me.

 

 

I turn around and say my last word to Seokmin, "You know, I didn't really mean this but, I hate you Lee Seokmin."

 

 

He laughs again, ["Goodluck, Kim Mingyu! I love you, too."] then he ended the call. This is crazy. Seokmin is crazy. I think I'm going crazy!!

 

 

I faced Wonwoo again and I took a deep breath. "Let's go! The movie is about to start!" I start to walk away and I felt him followed me. Agh! Goodluck to you, Kim Mingyu.

 

-----

 

The light in the cinema has dimmed and the people are shouting in excitement. Well, personally, I was really excited. Was. Not anymore. My excitement has changed into nervous and awkwardness. I lean my head and back on the seat and put my arms in the arm rest. Seconds later, I felt goosebumps. The movie has just started so it's obviously not because of the movie. The shiver gets stronger. I felt a skin touches my hand. I look down and I saw Wonwoo's hand slightly touching the back of my hand. Everytime he moves there's a friction that sends electricity to my system. I immediately remove my arms folded it over my chest.

 

 

"Agh! This is so boring.." I said exasperately.

 

 

Even though it's dark, I still saw Wonwoo moves and faces me. "I thought you like this movie. Seokmin, told me that you are excited."

 

I glare at him. Thank God it's dark here he can't see me. "Yes, I like this movie. Actually, we both love this movie. But, my excitememt has just melt down." I lean back again and tried to revert my attention to the movie.

 

 

"Do you miss, Seokmin?"

 

 

I look at him and back to the screen, "I miss him so much." I told him.

 

 

Wonwoo turn his face again to the screen. "I miss you too, Mingyu.. so much."

 

 

His voice is low but I still heard what he said. I look down to my chest. It's beating fast again. I should get out of this closed dark hall. I feel like suffocating and fainting anytime soon. This is no fun.

 

 

"Let's go! I am hungry." I get up and without any words Wonwoo followed me.

 

 

I released a deep breath when we get outside. Wonwoo stands beside me with a worry on his face, "Gyu, are you okay?"

 

 

"Yeah, let's have some burgers. I'm hungry." and I started to walk again.

 

 

There's an awkward silence between us while we're eating. I don't feel like talking. I steal some glances on him and I know that he also did. He looks like he wants to say something. It bother's me so I will break this silence.

 

"Say it!"

 

"Huh? Ah.. Ahm.."

 

"Go ahead.."

 

He didn't say anything and he just lift his hand and points on my face. I raised my brows and got what he's saying. "Ow. Thanks."

 

 

I reach for the tissue and I look at him. Wait. Whaat? Why do I look at him? Omg. Kim Mingyu don't tell me you want him to wipe that for you! Omg. Kim, be a man! 

 

I shook my head several times ang look away as I wipe the cream on my cheeks. I hope he didn't noticed that I look at him. This is so embarassing. I came back to reality when I heard him fake a cough.

 

"So.. thanks for today. I-I need to go." he smiled at me.

 

"Already?"

 

Wait. Kim Mingyu, say that again?

 

 

"Aah. I mean. Sure. Go ahead. Go home safely! Yeah, thanks too."

 

 

Wonwoo chuckles and he wipes his lips with the tissues on his table. "You too, Mingyu. Take care!" he get up and make his way out. But I call his attention again, why do I even? I don't know. Aish.

 

 

"Yes, Mingyu?"

 

 

"Aah.. See you again.. next time."

 

 

Wonwoo stretched his lips into a grin showing all his white teeth. I felt someone put an arrow on my chest. Aahh. But it doesn't hurt it feels good. Jeon Wonwoo. Go out! Remove that smile! Go!

 

 

"Can't wait to see you again soon. Bye." he turn around and leave the burger place.

 

 

 

No. I'm not blushing. I'm not. 

 

 

 

 

---------------------

A/N: JEON WONWOO IS BACK. MEANIE ARE BACK ♡♡♡♡

I saw the previews on the concert last night. Aside from the nzvshsbshsj henna tattoos and sleeveless Mingyu ndbdhdhdjdj!!! I saw how clingy Mingyu was to Wonwoo. He missed the older, right? Of course we all miss Wonwoo. ♡♡

 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. ♡