CHAPTER 9

Walking With You

B.A.P-Easy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Yerin left her living room and rushed to the bathroom. Her left hand was covering her top left of her forehead. Blood drip onto the floor and left track of her running to the bathroom. She washed the wound. Yerin lifted her gaze to her reflection in the mirror.

“I over think about it again” she sighed. Without her noticing, her tears rolled down her cheeks.

                The coffee table in the living room was full of papers including cut of different old newspapers articles. She came to the living room again.

                She looked over the articles again.

*No matter how hard I try, I just couldn’t remember my brother’s name or face. And his name was not revealed in these articles. So does my name*

                Yerin threw away the cloth that she used to wipe the blood into the thrash can when the bleed stop.

*             *             *

                Yerin stepped outside the café as there was not much customer come. She took the watering can and began to water the plant near the entrance door of the café. She felt stare fixed on her and she looked around. No one seems to be paying attention to her.

“Maybe it just my imagination” she shrugged it off. Black car nearby sped off.

                She stepped back with a smile after finished watering the plants.

“Done!” she put aside the watering can.

                Suddenly she heard a commotion from the alley beside the café.

“What’s that?” she rushed there to see a group of elementary school boys. One of them fell onto the ground with the others laughed evilly at him.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?! I’m calling the cops here!” Yerin approached them. The boys were startled and rushed to leave the scene.

“Kids nowadays” she sighed and held out her hand to the boy who fell. “You okay kid?”

                The boy didn’t look up and continued to stare at the ground. Yerin smiled softly and bent over.

“You’re fine now. They’re gone”

                He slowly lifted his head to meet eyes with Yerin. Her heart crushed to see his already bruised eyes. He bit his lips and looked away, embarrassed with his beaten up face.

“Come on. Let’s get that treat” she took his hand and helped him to stand. Yerin picked his scattered books and bag. “Come” she walked ahead and the boy followed her into the café.

                The boy sat quietly at the table outside of the café. He lifted his head to see Yerin who was holding a first aid kit was explaining what happen to her boss. She smiled and bowed to her boss before came to the boy.

“Hi” she greeted and sat across him. The boy nodded and avoided her eye contact. “Don’t worry. I’m just going to treat you, okay? I’m not doing anything bad to you. Here” she put an ice pack into his grip. He looked at her in confusion.

“That” she jerked her head to his eyes. The boy slowly put the ice pack to his bruised eye. He winced. “Bear with it. It only sting for a while. It’ll be fine later” she busy took out plasters. Yerin damped a cotton wool with ointment.

“Come” she told him to come nearer to her. The boy hesitated but leaned in. She cupped his face and began to apply the ointment on the wound near his eyes. The boy looked away in embarrassment. He stole glances on Yerin.

“Umm… Thank you” he spoke. She was surprised and backed. Yerin smiled. “You’re welcome”

*             *             *

“So you have your reason to not tell your family about getting bullied” she voiced as she pasted the band aid on the wound. “Yes. I don’t want my mother to worry. She already had tons of problem to handle” the boy replied.

“But Hojun. This matter can’t be keep for long. They’ll find out one day” “I know” he sighed.

“Look! Our plaster looks the same” she showed the Robocar Poli plaster on her forehead with a grin. “You’re grown up and still love cartoon like kids, noona” Hojun smirked. “There is a child in every person. What can I do about it?” she smirked.

                It was already dark and both of them were waiting for someone outside of the café.

“Excuse me” a male voice made them turned around. A guy was standing there. His hands were trembling and was panting. “Hojun, let’s go home” there was not a smile in his annoyed face.

“You must be Hojun’s brother” Yerin sprang up and turned to him. “Noona…”

“I’m not his brother!” the guy suddenly hissed. His glare went to Hojun. “Let’s go!”

                Hojun panickly got up and grabbed his bags. The guy already started to walk away. He bowed to Yerin.  “Thank you, Yerin noona”

“You’re welcome. Here” she held a bag of pastries to him. “Thank you” Hojun grabbed it, bowed again and dashed to the guy. 

*His brother doesn’t look like in the good mood. I ought to punch him! Suddenly shout at me!* Yerin stared as Hojun tried to catch up to his brother.

*His brother looks like-*

                A plastic medicine bottle rolled off from the guy’s jacket. She picked it up and saw the details pasted on the bottle. She barely can read the doctor’s handwriting.

*Jung Hoseok. Sonata (Zaleplon)*

“Excuse me. Hoseok-ssi” Yerin caught up to them who were at the bus stop and held the bottle to him. J-Hope turned to her. He looked at her. She could see his eyes were red. “Thanks” he snatched it. J-Hope winched with his hand on his dizzy head, teeth gritted.

“You okay?” she asked. “Hyung” Hojun called, concerned. “I’m fine” J-Hope waved them away. The bus came and Hojun helped J-Hope to get onto the bus.

                The bus left as Yerin watched Hojun and J-Hope on the bus.

*I wonder what’s with him* She took out her phone and surfed the net about J-Hope’s pill.

*Sleeping pills? No wonder he’s acting all weird*