CHAPTER 31

Walking With You

                Yerin lifted her phone again.

| I’m sorry I can’t go out with you today. We happen to visit my cousin who came to visit from Netherland today. Mianhae Yerin |

                She read the message from V and snorted. She shoved her phone into her pocket and blew raspberry.

“If he knew we can’t meet up, he should tell me sooner. Now I have to go on our date alone”

                Yerin scrolled the screen and saw Irene’s phone number.

-Flashback (few weeks ago at the airport)-

“You shouldn’t accompany me here” Irene took her messenger bag from V’s hand. “Why shouldn’t we?” Yerin spoke. “We’re your friends right?”

“Besides we can’t let you left for China without seeing us” he spoke as they walked to the departure hall.

“I know” Irene replied and they stopped. She held Yerin’s hand tightly and looked into her eyes. Both had tears in their eyes.

“Take good care of yourself there” Yerin advised. “Of course. Besides, my parents are there. I don’t really worry about that” Irene pulled her into hug. “Owh” Yerin started to sob. “I’m going to miss you a lot, Irene”

“Yeah me too”

                Irene let go off her and turned to V.

“Come here” she threw her arms around him. “You take good care of yourself. And Yerin” she whispered to him the last sentence. She whispered “Make sure you confess to her or I’ll tell her. Get it?”

“Yes, maam” he rolled his eyes. “Take care” he patted her back. They broke the hug. Irene sniffed, showing that she cried.

“See you guys in another few years” Irene picked up her bag.  “Irene!” a man called from a distance and ran towards them. “Bogum?” Yerin tilted her head with a smirk. A bouquet of flowers was in his grip.

                He doubled over, his palm rested on both of his knees. He was panting. “Irene” he pulled her into a hug. Irene was stunted.

“We are still together right?” he mumbled. “Oppa” she called. Tears started to flow down her cheeks. She smiled. “Of course. We’re still together. Forever”

“That’s great” he smiled and looked into her eyes. The last call for passenger to abort the airplane could be heard.

“For you” he held the bouquet to her. “Thank you” Irene gave him the sweetest smile. “You still remember the flower that I like”

“Of course. How can I forget it?” he chuckled. “Have a nice trip”

                She nodded. He planted a kiss on her lips.

“See you later” he spoke. Irene nodded and let go off his hands.

“See you later, you two” Irene waved to both Yerin and V. They waved back. Yerin wiped her tears. V saw her and patted her back as they watched Irene walked away from them. “We’ll see her again. Don’t worry”

-End of flashback-

                Yerin kept her phone and sighed. *It’s only a few weeks and I already miss you so much, Irene*

 

 

 

                Yerin made her way into the bookstore. She walked through racks and stopped at some sketch book. “I drew too much that I need a new one” She bent over and looked at the prices and the patterns of various sketch book there. “This is too expensive” she ran her finger through a sketch book. “But it has less page”

She sighed and stood. She took a few steps backward to have a better look at the sketch books. Until she bumped into someone.

“I’m so sorry” she bowed a few time. “It’s okay” the person replied. She lifted her gaze. “Yoongi-ssi?”

“Hi, Yerin” Suga smiled at her. “What are you doing here?” “Books” Yerin saw he had a sketch book in his grip.

“You draw?” “What?” he noticed her gaze down to the sketch book. “No. I bought it for my sister”

“You have a sister? I never know-” “You too? Looking for sketch book?” he changed the focus to her. “Oh yeah” she turned back to the sketch book. “I love drawing” she picked a sketch book. “I think this is perfect for me”

She turned to him. “Don’t you think so?”

                His eyes went to her gorgeous face that made him speechless for a while. “Yes” he nodded and quickly looked to the books. He took a book and went through it, trying to distract himself.

“Yoongi-ssi” Yerin approached him. “Yes?” “You read” her eyes went to the book he was holding. “Nursery rhymes?”

“What? Nope” he quickly put it back as she giggled at his action. “I’m going to that side for a while” she pointed to the novel section.

                Suga followed her. He stood a tad far from her as she looked into a few novels. He could heard his loud heartbeat. *Damn it!* He approached her and looked at the novel she was holding.

“This book looks interesting” Yerin voiced. “What is it about?” “From the synopsis, it’s about a girl who lost hope in life and almost take her own life. Then she suddenly found a new hope when she met a guy” her eyes went to him. He gulped at their eyes contact. “Don’t you think it’s interesting?”

“Yeah sure” he nodded and turned to the rack. He stole glances at her. “Alright I’m taking this” Yerin was holding the book she wanted to have. “That was so hard to pick which book to read”

“Uhuh” he walked to the counter with her.

 

 

 

 

                The two walked away from the bookstore.  

“You’re on leave today?” Suga began their conversation. “Yup. You too?” “Uhuh” “That’s great!” Yerin turned to him with a broad smile. “You want to go on date with me?”

“Date?” he was stunted. Happy, shocked and disbelief on the same time.

“Yes. Just the two of us” Yerin explained. “I suppose to go on date with Taehyung today but he had to go visit his relative. But I have two movie tickets so I don’t want to waste my money”

“Oh” “So? You coming?” “Yeah… Sure” he hid his over exited smile and pretended to be cool with it.

“Yes!” Yerin cheered. “Thank you, Yoongi-ssi” she skipped ahead.

                Suga’s smile appeared wide on his face. “Yes!”

*             *             *

                The two watched movie together. Suga stole glances at her. Yerin covered her eyes with teeth grinned as she was scared watching the horror movie. He laughed at her. She glared at him and pouted.

*             *             *

                They played games at the arcade. And the photo booth too. Suga made funny faces that made Yerin held onto her stomach, result from laughing too hard.

*             *             *

                It was already dusk when they walked through the pavement at the town. Yerin’s phone rang.

“Hello, Seokjin oppa” her eyes went to Suga who looked at her too. “No. Taehyung is not with me. He went to visit his relative today. I’m not sure if he’ll be home by tonight. Try ring him”

“Ok bye” she ended the call and turned to Suga.

“Seokjin oppa. He asked about Taehyung. Seokjin oppa have something to inform him” “Oh I see”

“Yoongi oppa” she once again turned to Suga but paused. He was shocked too with her calling him ‘oppa’. “I’m sorry” “Nah. It’s okay” Suga faced forward. “That doesn’t sound really bad though” he smirked.

“You’re not mad?” “Why would I? If calling me that is what you tried to avoid the whole day, I don’t mind you calling me that. That shows that we’re close right?” “You like me calling you oppa right?” “Well yeah. That sounds cute” “Of course” Yerin smirked. “I am cute”

“Nah I’m the one who is cute” Suga teased. “Oppa” she giggled.

 

 

 

“Here” she headed towards a Chinese diner with Suga following her.

                They sat at a table and made their order. She looked around and saw someone familiar. She froze. Suga followed her gaze and saw him. Seunghwan. With another girl.

“Yerin” Suga called. “Nae?” she turned to him. “I don’t mind if we have our dinner at some other place” “No I’m okay. No worry” 

                Yerin picked up the chopstick as their meal arrived.

“He’s amazing though” she lifted her head to Suga. He met her eyes. “Seunghwan” she smirked. “Isn’t he amazing? How he played with my feeling and now he found another completely new prey only after a while he left me. Tsk! He’s totally a player! And I don’t even have someone new yet”

“Hey” Suga called. “You have me”

                Both locked eyes, and they stayed for a moment.

“I mean” he cleared his throat. “I’m your friend right? You said your friends are you present and future”

“You got a point there, oppa” she nodded. “Clever”

                They continued to eat. Suga was in dazed as he munched on the food. He suddenly remembered how V took egg rolls from Yerin’s mouth with his lips.

“Yerin” he suddenly called. “Nae?” she didn’t leave her eyes from the food. *Looks like the food is more important than me* he smirked. “I want to ask something, if you don’t mind”

“Yes sure. I have something to ask you too. But go on. What is it?” “The other day at the hospital, when we’re eating…” “Taehyung?” “Uhuh. Did he really kiss you?”  She lifted her head to him.

“I’m only curious” he avoided her eyes contact and stirred on the noodle in front of him.

“He did” she spoke. Suga looked at her in disbelief. “What?”

“His lips actually touched mine. And he made me uncomfortable being around him that whole day. Well, since we were little he liked to kiss me. But not that often now that we’re grown up” “I bet it’s weird if he does that” he tried to stay calm. She nodded in reply, having her eyes back to the food.

                Suga propped his arm as he watched her with a small smile. Yerin glanced at her.

“Why?” she asked. “It’s so great to see you enjoy eating” he smiled. “It remind me of my lil sister”

“You miss her?” “Of course. A lot” he heaved a sigh and continued to eat.

“You must have been thinking about her all the time” “Yes” “So that’s what bother you when we first time meet and at the basketball court too?” “No. I have another bigger problem at that time. But now I’m free from the problem” “What problem?” she looked at him. “All of us” he stopped eating. “I miss all of the boys a lot that I had been regretting all years. I’m the oldest but I couldn’t do anything to stop us from fighting that we hate each other. I’m being self-centered and immature”

“Yoongi oppa” she took his attention from watching the rewind of their past in his mind. “That’s all in the past. Left the dark memories behind, learn from it and make sure that thing doesn’t happen again”

“If that ever happen again, I’ll never forgive myself. But now that everything is working out, I’m so grateful. And I’ll treasure every moment being together with the boys. And you” Yerin smiled in reply. “Thank you for making me part of your good memories”

*             *             *

|Bored. At our usual hangout. Anyone who’d like to kill their time, join me here |

                V remembered Jimin’s message in their group chat. He headed to their hangout, where they often loiter lately. A wide remote walkaway beside the river, located near the steel bridge. 

“Hoi” he greeted J-Hope and RapMon who were already wasting their time laying around at beaten up sofa. “Uh” J-Hope glanced at him before shut his eyes again facing the sky with his head leaned against the sofa. “Looks like we are bored to death together” RapMon got up from laid on J Hope’s lap.

                V threw himself between both of the older boys.

“Where’s Chim? I thought he said he’s waiting here”

“I’m here” Jimin walked to them with both hands holding bags of beverages. “Yah, are we having a party or what?” RapMon asked. J Hope followed their gaze.

“Let’s eat!” Yerin followed behind Jimin with Jungkook and Suga helped her bringing bags of food. “Food!” J Hope’s face lit up and helped take the heavy bag from Yerin. “Thank you, Hoseok oppa” she smiled.

“Yeah party!” Jin ran to them with a bag full of snacks.

“Woah! Looks like everyone is bored” Jimin smirked. “Alright! Let’s eat!” he cheered. The others joined the cheer.

                They dug into the pizzas, boxes of chicken and hamburgers.

“It’s cold” Yerin shivered as she munched on the pizza. Jungkook who stood beside the sofa she was sitting on took a woven blanket nearby and laid it on her shoulder. She met eyes with him. “Thank you, Kookie” she smiled.

“Nae, omma” V hung up after ended his conversation with his mother on the phone. He turned to Jungkook. “Yah Kookie. You called your mother yet?”

“Not yet” Jungkook quickly took out his phone and moved away from them.

                Yerin looked up to the dusk sky. RapMon and J Hope stood near the burning fire they had made in the already rust steel container.

“Aigo” Jimin took his place beside Yerin. He blew his palm to keep it warm.

“Cold?” she smiled and pulled the blanket to cover their shoulders. “Better?”

“Yes. Thank you, Yerin” he smiled and looked to the food left on the table. “We sure ate a lot today”

“And hang out for a long time” “You’re right” “But we should do this more often” “Really? I thought you don’t like hang out for hours with us” “As long as your relationship can be fixed, I’ll agree with everything you do”

“Yah yah” V came with both his hands in his pockets. “Go away”

“I won’t” Jimin looked away and ignored V with a smirk. V rolled his eyes and focused on Yerin.

“Yerin, omma said I have to send you home later” V spoke. “Alright. We’ll go when you want to leave” she replied.

“Even his mom is worry of you, Yerin” Jimin turned to her. “What a caring mother”

“Mothers are like that” V bent over to the table and grabbed a canned drink. “Talk about mother” he jerked his head to Jimin. “You haven’t visit home after you leave that place?”

                Jimin shook his head. “No. They rejected me remember? I can never go back there”

“Reject?” she asked. “Who rejected you?”

“My family” “Because of that incident?” “Uhuh” Jimin gulped down the canned drink. “But I don’t blame them though. They don’t know the real story. So it’s logic that they hated me” “You should tell them the real story, Jimin. They can’t do this to you forever. They’re your family” “I did visit them secretly once last month. They seem fine. And that’s a good thing. If I can’t be accepted into the family again, I need to live with it. And I’ll make sure that they live a great life without them knowing. Yerin” he turned to her. “I may have lost my family but” he ran his view to the rest of the boys. “They’re my family now”

 

“It’s cold” Suga joined RapMon and J Hope at the fire. RapMon smiled at him. “Where were you yesterday? I thought you want to hang out with me”

“I have a date” Suga smiled and turned to the fire. “Date?” J Hope chuckled. “With whom? Is there any girl in this world who want you?”

“Not that kind of date” Suga smirked and jerked his head to Yerin. “A date with Yerin”

“WHAT??!!” V had his eyes darted to Suga and Yerin after one another.

“Chill, Tae” Suga spoke. “You didn’t show up yesterday. So I just accompany Yerin”

“Yeah, Tae. Chill” Yerin looked at V. “It just a date”

“So” V approached Yerin and stared her down that sent chill down her spine. “You enjoy your date with Yoongi hyung, Yerin?”

“Yes she did” Suga replied. “We enjoy ourselves. Right, Yerin?” he glanced at her. She nodded and gulped at how angry V looked. “Don’t hate me” her head kept lowered and avoided his eyes.

“But” the smiled disappeared from his face as he turned to V. “We bump into Seunghwan”

“What?!” V gave her a worried look. “You okay? Did he say anything to you? Did he do anything to you?”

“Hyung?” he turned to Suga, expecting him to answer when she didn’t even speak.

“Yerin!” V shook her shoulder. “You okay?”

“She’s okay. I guess” Suga spoke. “But that guy was with someone else”

“A new girl?” Jin guessed. “Uhuh” he nodded. “But this girl” he looked at everyone’s faces before stopped at V. “All of us know her. Especially you, Tae”

“Me?” “It’s your honey” “My honey?”

                Yerin started to get what they were talking about and her blood started to boil. “HONEY?!” Her eyes darted to him, as if to swallow him alive.

“Oh” J Hope snapped his finger as something came to his mind. “Ha Jae Ni. She was Taehyung’s girlfriend when we were in senior year” Yerin shoot up. “WHAT??!!”

“You have a girlfriend, Tae?!” she shouted in anger. “Why don’t I know?! I had been thinking about you every single second after we’re separated but you go out with someone else?!”

“Yerin, I can explain” V grabbed her shoulder, trying to calm her down. She bit her lips in anger and glared at him. Yerin warded his hands aside. “I can’t believe you’re doing this to me!”

                Jimin chuckled. “Let these husband and wife bicker more often. They’re cute!”     

Suga heard him and turned back to the fire as he once again felt his heart broke into pieces as he witnessed her confession.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Cameo appearance

Sana of TWICE as Ha Jaeni (Hani/Honey)