CHAPTER 10

Walking With You

Infinite-The Chaser

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook lifted his gaze to face fierce faced guys before him. The guys glared at him furiously. 

“Now you’re telling me you want to quit?” one of them muttered. He had a scar across his face. “Nae” Jungkook didn’t dare to lift his head anymore. A haze of fear surrounded him in the dark room, that only lighted by single ceiling lamp. A group of frightening looking guys stood while glaring down at Jungkook.

“Aish! This kid!” the guy sighed. “First, you failed to rob. Then, you asked me to forgive you. And now you want to quit this group? Tsk! What do you take this group for? Some neighborhood kids group?” he chuckled with some other who burst into laughter. 

Jungkook bit his lips. He fell on his knees. 

“Please, I beg you. I don’t want to do this anymore” 

The guy stared at him while playing with a shining knife in his hand. 

“Well, I don’t think I want some weakling bastard like you in my group” At his words, Jungkook looked at him. His face started to cheer up. “That means I can quit right? Thank you” he bowed. 

“Of course” the guy leaned back with a smile. “But you have to make up for your failure to rob the other day” 

“How-?” Jungkook asked. The guy already glanced to a guy near him. He was one of Jungkook’s friend who got him into this group. “Just finish him off, will ya? I’m sick of him” he jerked his head to Jungkook. 

“What?” Jungkook was confused but he was already hit by a plank from behind. He was thrown onto the floor. The guy who was his friend continued to kick him that was then joined by the other guys. 

Jungkook gritted his teeth to hold the pain. Blood drip onto the floor from his lips. He used all his might to stand again and replied their punches. Jungkook was thrown to the wall and he was continuously beaten up. He doubled over. His eyes spotted the exit, the only door out of the room. In a flash, he dashed out the door. 

He ran out of the building with some guys chased him. He forced himself to run with his legs already bruised and sprained. He winced. Jungkook glanced back to see the guys were pacing up to him. He entered a dark alley. His legs almost gave up. He quickly hold onto the wall beside him. He was panting with his eyes wandered around to search for an escape route. 

*Where should I run?!*

Suddenly, an empty can fell onto his head. 

“Aish!” he complained and looked up to see a silhouette standing on the high wall. “Climb up” the silhouette voiced. He hesitated. 

“It’s me. Yerin” she held out her arm. The guys’ steps could be heard nearby. Without much thinking, Jungkook took her arm and she helped him to climb up. Both of them jumped off the wall and landed on the other part of the wall. 

“Let’s go” Yerin whispered and lead Jungkook away from the place.

* * *

Yerin and Jungkook stopped in front of a house. 

“We’re here” he turned to her. “Here” she put the plastic bag into his grip. “You sure you don’t want me to help with the wounds?” 

“Yes. You’ve helped me a lot, Yerin-ssi” he replied and bowed. “Thank you very much” 

“You’re welcome” she smiled and patted his shoulder. Jungkook lifted his gaze to his house. The outer part of his house was a mess. With dried leaves and dust covered the entrance. “I’m sorry. I couldn’t invite you in. I haven’t been home in weeks so this place is a total mess” “Nah. It’s okay. I thought you stay with your omma at the hospital” “I am. But I can’t face her looking this mess myself” he smirked. 

Yerin smiled at his smirk. *That’s cute* 

“So I take my leave then” she spoke. “Nae. Be careful and thank you” he bowed again. “You’re welcome. Bye” she waved and walked away.