CHAPTER 5

Walking With You

Tiger JK ft Mad Soul Child (Jinsil) (진실)-Reset (School 2015: Who Are You OST)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Irene” Yerin whispered but her eyes was tearing and her vision started to blur. She drifted off into a deep slumber.

*             *             *

                Yerin opened her eyes. She looked around to realize she was in a small room.  A flight of stairs were on the end of the room. Beside the stairs was a black colored sofa. A white framed mirror was leaned against the wall beside it. She could see a bouquet of blue roses in the mirror, which was not present in the room. She turned her head to see another wooden door beside her. Yerin glanced over her shoulder to see herself was standing at a door frame but the door was nowhere to be seen. She could only see a pitch black area, like her previous dream.

*Am I dreaming again?*

                She felt like being stare and lifted her head to see a guy was leaning against the couch. He was staring into blank space. And seems to be in daze. His eyes were bruised. The guy slowly turned his head to the mirror beside him and to her.

                Yerin suddenly fell backward, into the darkness.

*             *             *

“Ouch!” Yerin moaned as she fell off her bed.

                She slowly stood.

“Another weird dream” she felt her forehead. *I’m much better now* Her body temperature started to decrease.

*I need to use the toilet!* she the light of her room.

                It was 2 in the morning. Yerin’s house door was opened. A silhouette was entering her living room. A sharp pocket knife shone in his grip. The figure approached the coffee table as he saw Yerin’s drawing in her sketch book. It was the picture of a guy playing a kite. The figure slowly turned his head to Yerin’s LCD TV across him to see his reflection, which look exactly like the guy who played the kite in her drawing.

“Gosh!” Yerin exited her bathroom. She gasped as she saw an unfamiliar guy standing in her living room through her wide open room door. He stared her down that sent cold shiver to Yerin.

*Thief! What should I do?!*

                She saw her phone from the corner of her eyes. The guy suddenly lunged for her that made her panic and seized her phone.

*Someone! Help!* she tried to dial but the guy pushed her too hard.

                Her phone hit the floor with the pocket knife in his grip. Yerin fell onto her bed. The guy grabbed her hands and pinned her down onto the bed.

*Darn it!* she struggled to move but it was useless. His grips were too strong.

                Yerin gave up. She looked up on front of her to see the theif face. His hair was black and he didn’t wear anything to cover his face unlike any other robber.

“You” she voiced. *I just had a dream about him just now*

                He kept his empty daze onto her face.

“I know” she started. “You don’t want to do this”

                His eyes slightly widened, surprised how calm she could be in this panic situation.

“You’re hurting yourself” she paused. “So stop now. Whatever bad thing you got yourself into. It’s nt worth-“

                Her words stopped when suddenly droplets of clear liquid fell onto her face. The guy’s eyes were already shut as he cried more.

“Emm… sir?” she called. The guy suddenly dropped his head beside hers, buried his face into her pillow. His arms wrapped around her neck, as he laid beside her. He let out a loud, doleful wail.

                And there Yerin was, on her bed with an unknown guy crying his heart out. She reached out her hand and patted his back, feeling sympathy towards him.

“It’s okay. Just let everything out”

*             *             *

                Yerin opened her eyes as sun shone into her eyes. She yawned. *It’s already morning?*

                She turned to her side, expecting to see the wall beside her bed. But only to see a fair guy face close to her face.

*What?!* her eyes rounded in shock and she moved away from him. She recalled what happened in the wee hours.

*Aigo! What should I do now?!* she turned the other side to see her phone on the floor.

                Yerin reached for it and saw the date.

*OH MY GOSH! IT’S MONDAY!* There were 50 missed calls from her boss and Irene. Irene suddenly called her again.

“Yerin-ah!” “Oh, Irene” “Are you okay? Your boss called telling you didn’t come to work” “Right. I’m still on my bed” “You’re still sick? Let me pick you up to clinic” “No! I mean. It’s okay. I’m getting better now” “You should take the day off if you’re sick” “Just a small fever” Yerin felt her forehead. It was hot. “Not that bad like last night”

“Let’s go to the clinic then” “I’m fine, Irene. Don’t worry” “Don’t worry? How can I not worry about you? Now, take the day off. And rest at home. I’ll try to come stop by later. Don’t forget to inform your boss” “Sure. Thanks, Irene” “Ehm. Bye” she hung up.

                Yerin quickly sent a message to her boss.

“It’s only morning and there are too mess already” she put her phone away. She sighed.

                Yerin tried to slowly sit up. But the guy wrapped his arms on her waist and pulled her closer. She gasped at his sudden action. Her face was on his chest.

*I couldn’t move* her face was red. “I’m scared, omma” he whispered. She was surprised at him talking in his sleep. *He must think I’m his mother*

                Yerin slowly took his arm off her and got off the bed.

“Fuhh! That was hard” she covered him with blanket after took off his shoes. “Omma” he whispered again and tears rolled down his cheeks.

*Poor this kid* Yerin took her gigantic white teddy bear from her chair and placed it beside him. She took his arms to hug the bear. He hug it tightly with a smile. A smile formed on her lips too. She wiped his tears away. *Everyone look the best with a smile*

*             *             *

                Yerin left a clean t-shirt and a new clean towel on the edge of her bed. She stared at the guy who was soundly asleep. She smiled and closed the door behind her. She went to her living room and the TV. Yerin started to prepare breakfast.

 

A/N: I wish I can be Yerin in this story  ;_;