CHAPTER 20

Walking With You

“!” he cursed under his breath and ran towards the door.

                Yerin lifted her gaze and saw V who was forbidding Seunghwan from entering the café. She stormed to them.

“Yerin” Seunghwan called but she ignored him. Yerin took his phone from his grip. “Yah!”

                She scrolled through the messages and saw the flirty messages he sent to various unknown girls.

“What is this oppa?!” she snarled. “That” Seunghwan tried to take back his phone but she pulled it away. “Answer me! Don’t you love me anymore?!” her voice made people looked at them.

“Yerin, stop it” V whispered. “NO!” she looked into Seunghwan’s eyes. “Do you ever love me?! Or am I just like these petty girls?! Am I one of your victim?!”

“Yerin, it’s not like that” Seunghwan tried to explain. “You know what, Seunghwan-ssi. I don’t love you anymore! We’re over!” she shoved his phone to his chest. Yerin took off her couple ring and threw it away onto the road.

                She stormed off down the street.

“Yerin!” Seunghwan was about to go after her. V held his shoulder to stop him.

“I know you’d break her heart” “You told her right?!” Seunghwan held him by his collar. “Tsk” V smirked. “You want to punch me? Go on! Better let out all your anger on me than hurting her”

                Seunghwan grinded his teeth in anger. His grip tightened. He eventually released V. Seunghwan turned to walk.

“Make sure you don’t show yourself in front of Yerin again or I’ll make sure you’re dead” V warned. “Hurting Yerin’s feeling? You’ll regret it for the rest of your life”

*             *             *

                Yerin continued to run down the street.

*What have I done? Am I doing the right thing?* she shook her to ignore her ridiculous thoughts.

                Yerin was thrown aback onto the ground as she hit something in front of her. She winced in pain. A shadow fell over her.

“You okay, miss?” she heard a voice. *Oh it’s a person* she lifted her gaze. A gentleman was holding his hand out to her. Her eyes went to his gorgeous face. “You-”

“You work at the Andante café?” he asked. “Yes” she took his hand and stood. “How-”

“You wore the café’s uniform” he nodded to her clothes. “Oh right” she got onto her sense back. “I’m so sorry. I’m not looking where I was heading” she bowed a few times. “So sorry”

“Wait!” he pulled her right arm and stared at her wounded palm. “I’m fine” she pulled her arm back. “Let me help you” “No. I’m fine” “You sure?” “Positively. It doesn’t hurt that much” *Compared to my crushed heart*

“Now if you excuse me” Yerin bowed. “I’m sorry again”

“It’s okay” he replied. Yerin turned to head to the café but the guy called her again. “Miss?”

“Yes?” she turned to him. “Do you mind if I walk with you there? Since I’m heading there too?”

“Sure of course” Yerin smiled. “Let’s go”

                They walked side by side.

“I’m Kim Seokjin” he introduced himself. “I’m Yerin. You’ve been to the café before with your friend right?” “Yes. You remember my face?” “How can I not remember? You two have the longest bill ever” she smirked. He chuckled. “I know. But the food there are the best I’ve ever tasted”

“I thought it’s working hour right now?” Jin glanced at Yerin. “Yes it is” “But why are you running away from the café just now?” “Oh. That” she smiled.

“I was frustrated. Confused. I’m not sure myself” she began. “Something happen?” “Yes. Well, I left my boyfriend. He cheated on me all these years” “That’s a good thing to do”

                Yerin turned to him in puzzlement.

“If he didn’t love you, what’s the point of staying by his side, right?” he asked her opinion. Yerin looked down to her hand. The finger that she always had their couple ring on felt empty. “It takes time to forget someone” he continued.

“I don’t think it’ll take a long time. I started to hate him now” she replied.

                They approached the café.

“Yerin-ssi!” Jungkook who was waiting at the bench outside the café ran to her. “Jungkook?!” Jin was surprised he almost jump. “Jin hyung” Jungkook called him. Yerin looked at them one after another. “You know him, Seokjin-ssi?”

“Yerin!” V ran to Yerin and hugged her tightly. “You okay?”

“Taehyung, I’m fine. Let me go” she mumbled between his shirts.

“Kim Taehyung?!” Jin once again was surprised. “Hyung?!” V called.

“What’s going on here?” Yerin mumbled but everyone ignored her and continued to stare in disbelief. Yerin rolled her eyes. “This is ridiculous”

*             *             *

                Yerin served pasta to Jin who was sitting across Jungkook at the café’s table.

“So all of you had been friends?” she asked. “Yes. We lost contact for years. But thanks to you” Jin glanced to Yerin. “I’m able to meet them again”

                Yerin ran her view to V who was watering the flowers outside.

“Excuse me” she walked outside the café and to V.

“Taehyung” she called. “Yerin” he put the watering can onto the floor and turned to her. “You okay?”

“You think?” she smiled. “Stop smiling. I know you can’t smile-” Yerin embraced him tightly with her face buried on his chest. She started to sob.

“It hurts, Taehyung. It really hurts” Yerin voiced between her sobs. “I don’t know Seunghwan is cheating on me! How could he?! He’s cruel! He hurts me, Taehyung! It really hurts!”

                V didn’t utter a word and hugged her back. He caressed her head. He heaved a sigh. *What can I do to help you, Yerin?*

*             *             *

“Yerin” Irene knocked on Yerin’s front door. She glanced at V beside her. Yerin who was inside didn’t answer their calls.

“Come on, Yerin. Open the door” V knocked the door again. “It’s like 30 minutes we stand out here”

“Yerin, open the door please. We just want to see you” Irene plead. “Go away” Yerin replied coldly from behind the door. She had he legs brought up into her embrace. She buried her swollen face into her knees. Around her were used tissues scattered on the floor.

“You haven’t come out for weeks, Yerin. Come on out” Irene voiced. “We buy you dinner. Open up!” 

“Don’t tell us you’re not hungry” V spoke. “I know you had skip meals”

“Yerin” Irene pressed her forehead against the door. She sighed. “I know you’re hurt. But don’t do this to us. Locking yourself up won’t change anything. Come out. We miss you, Yerin” Tears trickled down her face. V patted her shoulder.

                Yerin lifted her head with her messy bangs covered her eyes.

“If you didn’t open up” V sighed and sat in front of the door. “Let us stay out here. You can continue to cry or tell us anything. We are here to listen to you”

“It just that” he pulled Irene to sit beside him while she wiped her tears. “We want you to know that you have us. We are always here for you”

“If you think without Seunghwan, your world is over, it’s not. You have us” Irene glanced to the door. “Your friends”

                Tears fell onto the floor of the dark room. Yerin’s puffy eyes stared ahead. Faces of her friends appeared in her mind.

*They went through hardship just to cheer me up* She remembered Suga sent her pizza the other day and Jimin, Jin and Jungkook visit to her front door. Hojun too came with J-Hope the day before after he couldn’t meet Yerin at the café. And V and Irene had visited her everyday but she ignored them.

                Irene heaved a sigh.

“It just tore my heart that she ignored us” He nodded in agreement.

                The door suddenly opened with Irene and V fell backward onto the floor. Yerin gasped.

“Oh my! I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to” Yerin helped Irene to get up. “Yerin!” Irene threw her arms around her and hugged her tightly. She burst into tears. “I thought you’d never want to see us again. I miss you, Yerin!” 

“Hey” Yerin chuckled and patted her back. Her own tears fell down her pale face.

                V who was sitting beside them just stared with a smile. Yerin glanced at him.

“Come here you” she pulled him into the hug with a smile. “I miss all of you!”

*It’s great to see you smile again* V hugged them tighter. “We miss you too, Yerin”

*             *             *