CHAPTER 37

Walking With You

“Bye, Yerin” V glanced at Yerin as he sent her near her apartment. “Bye” she unwinds their linked arms. She pulled him into an embraced. “See you tomorrow, Tae. Have a good night sleep”

“You too” V caressed her hair. “See you in dreamland” he winked.

                Yerin chuckled but actually she felt a tingle like a shooting star. She can’t stop herself from faling for V more. “Alright, namja cingu” She waved.

               

 

They went their separate ways. V was already on his bed. He closed his eyes. He heaved a sigh and turned the other side.

“What’s this feeling?”

*             *             *

                RapMon ran into the café. His eyes ran to Jin, V, J-Hope, Jungkook and Jimin.

“Found her?” Jin asked panicly. RapMon sighed and shook his head. “This is ridiculous!” V threw his apron onto one of the chair in complete livid. The café was not filled with customers that late afternoon. “Where’s noona?” Jungkook asked.

“YAH!” Suga bursted into the café. “I couldn’t get Jeongmin either. His secretary said he left a letter in his room this morning saying he had to leave the country alone”

“That just sounds too stupid, right?” Jimin stated. “He wouldn’t leave the country alone in the wee hour just for a business trip”

                They exchanged looks in the tense situation. “Where is my sister?” his words wavered. He held onto his stomach that started to clench into fist. “Nothing bad happen to her” J-Hope patted his shoulder and gave him an assuring smile though he himself did not even sure where Yerin was. “Believe me”

“Excuse me!” a man in black suit bursted into the café with a few other men. They darted to the boys who were confused. “You’re Jeongmin cousin’s boyfriend, right?” he asked V. “Nae” V nodded. “I’m Mr. Kang. Jeongmin’s guard” he introduced.

“Minutes ago, we received this” he took out his phone and played a voice recording. It was Jeongmin’s voice. The boys surrounded the phone and zipped their lips.

“Mr. Kang, help us” he whispered weakly. “I’m not sure where we are but this whole place smells like rubber” he coughed. “Hurry up. Yerin…she’s…she is not waking up. It had been hours-“

                The call ended.

“Yerin!” V snarled. “We should find them!”

“We thought maybe the kidnappers had moved them to the other place. We just assume that the kidnapper snatch the phone from him” Mr. Kang explained. “Train” J-Hope whispered.

“What did you say?” RapMon asked. “Train!” J-Hope’s face lit up. “Don’t you hear them? It’s sounds so faint”

“Rubber and train? What does that info help us?” Jungkook whined. “Wait!” he paused. He eyed everyone who had their attention at him. “The industrial park near the train station! Two stations away from here! Yes! That’s it!”

“Oh that station!” Mr. Kang snapped his finger. Some of his men ran quickly out the café. “New info” Mr. Kang talked through his earpiece and moved a bit far from them.

“Let’s go!” Jin called. “Where’s taking the train?” Suga asked. “Nah. That” Jin pointed to his pickup truck. “That rusting metal? Seriously?”

“Come on!” V pulled them towards the door. The rest of boys jumped into the back of the car.

 

“Alright on my way” Mr. Kang turned to the boys but he found he was alone. “What the!” he ran out the café.

*             *             *

                Jeongmin winched at the sight of his other cousin, Youngjae being kicked in front of him by a guy in black outfit. A few other men with the same outfit and had their lowered part of face covered by mask guarded the area of the rundown factory. Jeongmin met eye with Youngjae who started to lost conscious. A pool of blood spilled beneath him.

“Why are you doing this?” Youngjae struggled to voice. The guy chuckled and pulled him to sit. “You know the answer. Why do you abandon the people who helped you from your shareholder list, Mr. Pres?”

“So” Youngjae smirked. “It’s all about money after all?” he chuckled. “They must have united to kill me”

“Stop it!” a female with bruised face snarled. The guy turned to her. He let go off Youngjae and let his beaten body hit the cold floor. The guy knelt before her and pulled her hair that made her faced him. She glared at him.

“Don’t you dare touch my noona!” Youngjae warned. He pushed himself off the floor which was hard as his hands were tied. He dragged himself towards them. The guy smirked. “Owh this just too cute, eh?”

                The guy dragged Youngjae’s sister toward the center.

“Youngjae-ah!” she quickly went to get her injured brother. “Noona” he smiled faintly. The guy picked up a plank and swung it towards them.                

                Jeongmin closed his eyes and turned away, not willing to see. His other relatives did the same. He saw Yerin. *I hope they get my message* Jeongmin spit blood to the side. *They get me really hard this time. Since they caught me calling for help* He sighed but smirked.

*             *             *

                Jimin jumped out from the back of the truck. “They’re not here yet? Did they got stuck in the traffic or what?”

                RapMon got out from the truck from the passenger seat. He moaned and his legs were all wobbly.

“You okay, hyung?” Jungkook jumped off the truck. “Yah Seokjin! You’re think we’re racing, right?!” RapMon shouted. “You said it yourself” Jin pushed the door to shut. “Fast. That’s what you said. So that’s what I’m doing. Fast” he shrugged.

“Hurry” J-Hope ran across the road when it was empty.

*             *             *

                Yerin opened her eyes and looked around. “Jeongmin oppa” she called. “Yerin-ah” he smiled. “You okay?”

“Yes. But what happen?” “They knock you, remember?” “Oh” Yerin slowly recalled how she was kidnapped at her house the night before, arriving at the rundown factory being beaten for answering them. She chuckled. “This is I get for being feisty”

“Yerin, don’t say such thing” he said. “I called them. I hope they get my message” he sighed. “You think we’ll be safe?” “Sure we can” “But” she ran her view to her other cousins who were already beaten to pulp and in was scared. Her stomach sank. “I don’t think they will”

“We must be safe. It’s all because of money that all of this happen” he sighed.

“Jeongmin-ah” a female beside him called. “Yubi noona” he smiled. A smile appeared on her bloody lips as she approached them. Yerin glanced around and did not saw any of the black suited man. “You okay, Jeongmin?” Yubi asked. “I’m fine, noona. You should worry about yourself” “No. They thrash you really harsh just now”

“They hit you, oppa?” Yerin was surprised as she passed out just now so she did not know what had happen. “Who is this, Jeongmin?” Yubi asked Jeongmin as she eyed Yerin from up to down. “Noona. This is her. Yerin” Jeongmin introduced to Yubi. “Yerin that lost in the car accident?” “Uhuh”

“It’s nice to meet you” Yubi smiled to Yerin. “Hello” Yerin bowed and chuckled. “I should give you a proper bow but” “Nah it’s okay. My mother wouldn’t let me get near you when we were little. So it’s our first time meeting”

“Oh. It’s nice to meet you” Yerin smiled.

“Wait” Youngjae approached them. He was breathing heavily. “Yah you okay?” Jeongmin asked Youngjae who struggled to move. “You’re Yerin?” Youngjae stared at Yerin as he stopped in front of her. “Yes” she nodded.

“You. You’re the one who should own the company. Not me” “What? Why? I don’t get it” “You mean-“ Jeongmin’s eyes was rounded as he looked at Youngjae and Yerin after one another. Youngjae nodded.

“Grandpa was mean to give the company to her not me. You remember his will, right? He wrote about he was supposed to give the company to his first granddaughter. But instead he left it to me” Youngjae turned to Yerin. “You should have the company, Yerin. Not me”

“But I don’t want it” Yerin replied. “I don’t have any idea about running a company”

“But I really want you to take over the company from me” Youngjae replied. “No, Youngjae-ssi. I don’t want the company. I’m just fine with my life now. I don’t think I’ll like my life if I have the company. Besides ...” she lifted her gaze to Youngjae. “I saw what you did to the company. You take good care of the company. You know what you’re doing and how to handle the company”

“She keeps updating herself about the company whereabouts” Jeongmin stated. “And so” Yerin continued. “I’m confident that you’re the best leader for the company. I know how much you love the company, Youngjae-ssi”

                He was silent and smiled. “You’ve grown up now, aren’t you? Last time I saw you, you keep crying over petty little things. But today, you can debate with me in this kind of situation”

“We’ve met?” “Yes. Once. It was when you caught me watching both you and your brother playing at the courtyard” Yerin sighed to his words. “If only I could remember that”

“Owh it’s because of the accident, right? That you lost your memory?” “Yes. I only remember some very little things” “Don’t worry. I’ll let you visit our mansion and go through our family history once again” “Thank you. That’s so kind of you” “Bring your brother too” “I’ll make sure of that”

“I’m sorry to interrupt this family reunion but-“ a shadow fell over them. They gulped and exchanged glances. Fear and tension filled the air. They lifted their gaze. V gave them his ever-famous wide smile thought his face was full of bruises.

“Taehyung” tears swam in Yerin’s eyes. She was thankful.

“Yah let’s go” Jimin appeared behind him with a grin. His lips were bleeding. “You guys okay?” Yerin asked as V helped untie her. V nodded and hugged her. “I’m so worry of you”

“Taehyung-ah” she patted his back. “I’m fine. We’re fine”

                He broke the hug and examined her face. He ran her finger to bruises of her face. “I swear they’re gonna get what they had done to you”

“Taehyung-ah, chill. Let’s all get out from here first” she tried to stand. She glanced back to see Jungkook and Jimin helped to untie the others. Jungkook ran to her. “Noona, you okay?”

“Of course, Kookie” she ruffled his head. He beamed. “Yah” V pulled her behind him. “She’s mine, okay?”

“I know” Jungkook smirked and left them to help the others.

*             *             *

“Yerin!” RapMon motioned towards her who just got out from the room all of them were locked. “Namjoon oppa!” Yerin threw her arms around him. “Thank god you’re okay. I’m so worried of you” RapMon caressed her head. She managed to swallow the lump. “I’m okay, oppa” “You must be scared” He felt her nodding. She tried to stay strong but her tears streamed down and damped his shirt. “Yerin” he broke the hug and searched her face. He wiped her tears. “Don’t worry. We’re here”

                She nodded.

“Let me help the others. You go with Taehyung, okay?” RapMon searched her eyes before glanced at V. V nodded and took her arms. RapMon gave her a smile before he ran into the room to help the others.

“Let’s go” V voiced. Yerin nodded. He helped her who walks limply towards the exit.

                One of the black suit guy gain conscious. He struggled to stand. “YAH!” he snarled. Yerin and V looked at each other in horror. “Run!” V pulled her to run with him. The guy was on the chase.

“Namjoon! Yerin and Tae!” Jin shouted. Suga, Jungkook, J-Hope, Jimin and RapMon lifted their heads and saw the guy was on the chase. “!” Suga ran towards them and so did the others.

                Yerin and V were running towards the busy road. She glanced towards the night sky. Her view began to spin and she felt her head lighten. *What will happen now?* Her eyes went down to V who gave her an assuring smirk. *Trust me* She nodded to him.

                They ran onto the road. Cars honked as they barely avoided both of them. A motorbike glided towards them on full speed. A long deafening honk filled the air along with the screeching of brake. The boys couldn’t move as they witness another accident. RapMon fell on his knees. “Yerin…”

                Yerin was laying on a pool of blood. Her once white blouse were now dipped with the red color of her own blood. V staggered towards her. His heart sank. He fell onto his knees beside her. “Y-Yerin…” tears fell onto the road. His trembling hands reached out to her pale face. Her eyes were both closed. V held her body in his arms. “Wake up, Yerin” his voice trailed sorrow. He sobbed harder in her neck.

*             *             *

 

                The soft board on the wall was pasted with numerous and various sticky notes. Some photographs and polaroids had been hanged on it with thumbtacks. In the middle was the picture of both Yerin and V with V’s parents when they were celebrating the anniversary of V’s parents at the park. Above it was a picture Jin had took where Yerin was fixing V’s bow tie. A female with long hair hanged another photograph on the soft board with a thumbtack. It was a picture of V and Yerin again with both V’s parents but this time both Yerin and V in their wedding outfit. Yerin in her bride gown and a bright smile. Her head leaned on V’s shoulder who also had his soft smile on his lips.

“Yerin” Mrs. Kim called as the woman walked out from the room of Yerin’s and V’s house. “Nae, omma” Yerin turned her wheelchair to face her. She gave her a smile. “Taehyung supposed be home by, now right?” “You’re right. Maybe he’s trapped in the traffic with appa” Yerin’s eyes suddenly closed by someone’s hands from behind. She chuckled as she knew who’s hands it was. “Taehyung” she called.

                V removed his hand and knelt before her. He held her a bouquet of flower. “For you, my wife” he smiled. Yerin took it and pulled him into a hug. “Thank you, Tae”

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you vm for reading and do check out the 2nd ending (since i dont know which storyline is better to finish off the story, I write both. So do read thank u :)