CHAPTER 19

Walking With You

“Sorry but we’re close” she lifted her gaze. “Jimin-ssi”

“Hi” Jimin who was standing at the door waved with a smile. “I though you’re still open” he walked towards her.

“Yerin, can you sweep the floor?” V came with a broom.

                His steps stopped. His eyes glued to Jimin. He was at loss for word. And so did Jimin.

“Kim Taehyung” Jimin called him with his eyes still widened in disbelief. “Park Jimin” V whispered.

“You two know each other?” she was confused.

“Pizza delivery!” Suga pushed the door open. At the sight of the three people, his steps too stopped.

“Yeah! Finally!” Yesung went to Suga and ignored all of them. “Thank you” he paid Suga and tool the pizza. Yesung looked around. “What’s going on here?”

“Emm… boss-” Yerin tried to talk. “It’s okay. I’ll be in my office. If you two done cleaning, call me. I’ll lock the café later on. Now excuse me” Yesung walked to the stairs and paused. “And you two are not allow to bring your friends here outside of café hour” he went to his office.

“Min Yoongi” Jimin called. “You two” Suga walked to them.

“Wait! You three know each other?” Yerin asked. “Yoongi-ssi?” she turned to him, expecting an explanation.

*             *             *

“I should head to the hospital now” Jungkook ran pass the café and towards the bus stop. “Wait” his steps skidded to halt.

“Isn’t that-” he looked at the café from the sidewalk.

*             *             *

                The four of them lifted their gazes to the door as the bell rang. Jungkook stood there, panting.

“Jungkook” Yerin called. “You know him, Yerin?” V asked in disbelief. “What are you guys doing here?” Jungkook went to them. “Wait! You know them?” she asked Jungkook. Yerin looked at Jimin, Suga, V and Jungkook after one another.

*             *             *

                Yerin was walking home with V beside her. Everything that happened rewind in her mind for the tenth time.

“So all of you know each other?” she asked again. “Yes” V replied. “And you know all of them?”

“Yes. Well it’s a long story” “You never tell me you’ve been friends with them” “I thought they’re just acquaintance and you don’t need to know” she replied. “So you’re glad to meet them again?”

“Well, sort off” he replied. “We haven’t meet for years though. Since we graduated”

                Yerin’s phone received a text message. It was from Jimin.

“So acquaintance have each other’s number?” V said. “Let me guess. You have Yoongi hyung and Jungkook’s phone numbers too?”

“I do. Why? You’re jealous?” she wiggled her eyebrows. V looked away in embarrassment. “Nah. Why should I? You already have Seunghwan right?”

“Seunghwan” she rephrased his name with her eyes saddened. Yerin heaved a heavy sigh.

                V walked ahead of her and turned to face her.

“Is something matter?”

“Taehyung” she looked at him. “I have a huge problem. About Seunghwan”

                His eyes widened. *Don’t tell me she knew about him cheating!*

“My feeling for him had disappeared. Day by day” she stood still. “But-” “I don’t know why but at first I thought maybe because we haven’t meet for weeks and we seldom contact each other. But it’s not”

                Yerin lifted her gaze to V. He could see her eyes. Tears swam in her eyes but somehow, she managed to swallow past the lump in . She forced a smile on her lips.

“No. I should just ignore this feeling, right? I still love Seunghwan after all” she walked ahead.

“Yerin” V called. Yerin turned to the back. “You sure?” “What do you mean?” “You sure you still love him? What if you’re just adoring him? Not loving him as a lover?” “But he’s my first love” “So you don’t want to leave him? Is that it?” Yerin couldn’t reply to his words. V had punched the right buttons.

“Yerin, first love doesn’t always mean your last love” V continued. “Why?” she stuttered. “Why are you saying like that? Why, Taehyung? Do you wish I leave Seunghwan? I thought you as the person who understand me the most will tell me to stay strong and be with Seunghwan” “Because” V held on her shoulder. “You should forget about Seunghwan! Leave him!”

“Taehyung” she blinked back tears. “You know it yourself. That you don’t love him as a lover anymore. Why are you still forcing yourself to love him?” V tried not to shout.

“The truth is” V bit his lips before looked deep into her eyes.

*             *             *

                Yerin sauntered into her dark room, gloomily. She threw her bag aside and it fell onto the floor. She heaved a heavy sigh and threw herself onto her bed. She wiped away her tears with her arms. What V had told her really shook her to the core. Her heart shattered in pieces. Her thought whirled and hardly make up of what he told her.

-Flashback-

“I saw him” V began. “Seunghwan”

                Yerin lifted her gaze at the mention of the name.

“With another girl. No, different girls and different times. I know you’ll think maybe they’re just friends. But friends didn’t kiss each other passionately on their lips”

-End of flashback-

                Yerin curled herself in her blanket.

“I saw them for several times. I know you’ll try hard to protest me but that’s what I saw. It’s up to you to believe me or not. I’m just saving you from being heart broken by Seunghwan”

                V’s words rang in her mind.

*Is that why* Yerin thought. *He always says he’s too busy to see and call me?*

*Taehyung wouldn’t lie to me, right?*

*             *             *

                Jungkook who was sitting near the window of the café stared at Yerin. She had been spacing out at the coffee machine. 

*I wonder what’s with her*

“Here” V served him coffee he had ordered. “Thanks” Jungkook took it. “What’s with her?” he jabbed his head to her. V glanced at Yerin. “Something happen” 

“What happen? What have you done to her?” “Yah, I will not do anything bad to my best friend” V straightened.

                He saw Seunghwan walked towards the café’s front door.