CHAPTER 33

Walking With You

“Yah” RapMon laughed as he slapped Jungkook on his shoulder. Jungkook winced and rubbed his shoulder. “Owh hyung” he whined.

“Say stupid things again” Jin laughed at Jungkook’s joke. Yerin smiled, watching them in happiness. While Suga stole a secret glance on Yerin.

“I’m heading home” J-Hope walked backward, facing them. “Yea sure. Me too” Jin waved and walked ahead. “Bye” Jimin waved at them. They watched as Jin and J-Hope walked ahead of them at the pavement in front of rows of stores.

“Wait! My phone” J-Hope ran back to them, leaving Jin. Yerin looked down to her hand, holding J-Hope’s phone she had borrowed. “Oh right” she held it out to J-Hope who was running towards them. “Wait” she whispered, confused. The flash of her dream came into her mind.

                Then she saw it. The black van pulled over beside Jin who was smiling at them.

“Oppa!” she shoved the phone to J-Hope and ran towards Jin in panic. The rest froze, confused with what was happening.

                Yerin pushed Jin to the side when she saw hands of the men who tried to take Jin. Jin flopped onto the ground and Yerin was yanked into the van instead.

“Yerin!” V and the others ran towards the SUV who already made its way onto the road.

“Let me go!” Yerin struggled to set herself free from the hands. She suffocated with a handkerchief damped with chloroform. Her eyes started to close as she inhale the sweet aroma that cover and nose.

“Yah!” V yelled. His steps stopped and doubled over to catch his breathe. “What just happen?! Noona didn’t just get kidnap right?!” Jungkook who stood beside V. V didn’t reply but he kept on glare at the SUV.

“I know where that SUV is heading” Jin tried to talk between his gasp. The rest were there too. V grabbed him by his collar. His eyes were bloodshot. Jimin grabbed V on his shoulder. “Yah chill”

“Tell me” V hissed. “Where is that van going?! How do you know?!”

“Tae, let him go” RapMon tried to calm him down. “Taehyung” J-Hope called.

“They’re the loan sharkers” Jin stated. All of them turned to him. “They want me. I’m the one who supposed to get kidnap. Not Yerin. So I’ll be responsible for her kidnap”

*             *             *

                A dark room was lighted up dimly. Yerin was on the cold floor. Her eyes were covered with her legs and arms were tied together. She was still unconscious. Footsteps echoed through the area. A guy in black attire bent over to her. He held her in his arms and took her away. He then entered a room with a bed in the middle part of the room. He laid her down slowly and carefully onto the white sheet.   

*             *             *

“You sure this is a good idea?” Jimin asked V who squatted beside him. He glanced at the others behind them. The boys were hiding behind piles of rusting barrel. “This place smells terrible!”

“We can’t let Yerin kidnap for another day right? What other choice do we have now?” V kept his glare towards a few men guarding at the entrance of the run down building. “Maybe we should get some help” Jin suggested. Jungkook nodded eagerly in agreement. “Call the police”

“No not that” V replied. “Do we have any other backup plan?” Suga asked. “No” “What the! Yah!” Suga had his mouth covered with J-Hope’s hand. “They’ll hear us” J-Hope whispered.

“Kids like us can’t do anything much about this” Jin sighed. “Let’s just ring the cops”

“No” RapMon’s voice made everyone turned to him. “Kids like us can do anything. Ready?”

                They smirked and nodded.

“Now!”

*             *             *

                Yerin opened her eyes and looked around. *Where am I?*

*Wait. The dream* she saw herself on top of the bed in the room. *This place looks the same. But I saw Seokjin oppa on this bed. Not me*

“Wait! I’m kidnapped!” Yerin remembered how she prevented Jin from being kidnapped. “Man… I’m doing everything stupid lately” she complained. She tried to untie her legs with her hands tied together. And failed.

“What to do?! Help” she tried to scream but was too dry. She coughed and fell helplessly onto the bed again. “What’s going to happen now?”

*             *             *

                V looked back to the others after he beaten up a guy. Jungkook was thrown against the wall and joined by J-Hope. They were bleeding badly. Suga and RapMon were knocked by planks that they fell. V saw Jimin was thrown with a barrel on his head. Jin was already on the floor, almost faint. “Guys” V whispered. A guy came and kicked him on his back that made V fell onto the floor.

*             *             *

                The door was opened, revealing a guy with a black mask covering his lower part of face and a black cap. The two met eyes. Yerin sat up and gulped. “Who are you?” she whispered with a hint of fear. The man closed the door and locked it. He approached her and climbed onto the bed. Yerin backed away until her back met with the head of bed. She shivered in fear. “Go away!”

“Hey” the man removed the mask to reveal a smile. “Don’t be afraid. You’ll be fine. Just let me” he reached out his hand with a mischievous smirk. “Taste you before I send you to our boss”

“NO!” she screamed.

*             *             *

“Come on! Hurry!” Jungkook complained as Jimin tried to turn the knob. “Aish!” RapMon made his way towards the door. “Let me just-“ he turned the knob but the knob cracked into pieces.

“Yes! Thanks hyung!” V smiled widely and kicked the door open.

                The boys met eyes with the man and Yerin.

“You guys” she called, whispered to happy that she could cry. The man already too close in front of her.

“YAH!” V kicked the man off the bed in extreme anger. “Noona!” Jungkook climbed onto the bed and hugged Yerin. She started to sobs. He quickly untied her. “Let’s get out of here” J-Hope said. Jin and RapMon helped her to walk. They exited the room after V had thrashed the guy to blue.

                Siren indicated that cops had arrived could be heard. They turned to Jin.

“What? I’m just being cautious” Jin replied.

                Yerin lifted her head to look at everyone’s wounded face. *Thank you, all of you*              

*             *             *

                Yerin watched as the others walk around in her house as she leaned against the frame of the sliding door. Jimin and V were busy moving the furniture in the living room around while Jungkook and Rap Mon were preparing some ornament for the birthday party they were going to hold for J-Hope. Yerin turned to lean against the railing of the veranda and heaved a sigh. She remembered how they saved her from being kidnapped. And that was last 2 months.

*Time do flies*

                Jin poked his head out from the kitchen and looked around. “Jimin”

“Nae” Jimin lifted his head, away from the table he and V were carrying. “Get me some ingredient from the store. I left them from the list this morning” “Alright” Jimin moved the table before went to Jin.

“Here” Jin handed him a white paper with a list of some ingredients for cooking. “Nae, omma” Jimin smirked. He turned to Yerin. “Yerin, you done with moping the floor?”  

“Yeah” she turned to him. “Come with me” “Sure. Let’s go” she moved away from the veranda.

“No, no” V left the table and went to Jimin. “I’m coming with you”

“Both of us can just go. It’s not that lots to buy, right?” she took the list and stared at it in disbelief. “Seokjin oppa” she gave him a look. “I thought you said it just a bit”

“That’s why I want you to come with me” Jimin voiced and glared at V. “You think I just want to date her? I know she’s yours, Tae” he smirked.  

“I’m just-” V looked away in embarrassment. “Kookie” he called.

                Jungkook lifted his head.

“Come join us. We need extra hand” V stated. “Alright” Jungkook stood and left RapMon doing the works alone.

 

 

“We’re going then. Bye” Yerin closed the door behind her as the boys exited the house.

 

               

                RapMon stepped back and looked at the ornaments he had hung just now with a satisfied smile. “Good job, Namjoon! You didn’t screw this thing up!” He clapped for himself, proudly. “I’m lucky this thing work out not like that dark incident”

-Flashback-

                They were banging and shouting for Jimin from outside of the bathroom of Jimin’s house.

“YAH! OPEN UP, PARK JIMIN!” J-Hope shouted on top of his voice while slapping his palm against the wooden door. Jimin stayed still in the bath tub, ready to take his own life.

                RapMon burst into the house and rushed to them.

“He won’t open up, hyung” V turned to RapMon. “What?!” RapMon grew furious. “JIMIN!”

                He grabbed the locked knob. “Open up!” He turned the knob. It shattered into pieces.

“Good job!” Suga smirked, patted him on the back before joined the others who ran to Jimin, leaving RapMon dumbfounded.

-End of flashback-

“But I don’t know” RapMon looked down to his hands. “Maybe my destructing hands were really useful at that time although I destroyed the knob completely” he chuckled.

                The sound of chopping could be heard from the kitchen and took his attention. RapMon peeked to the kitchen and saw Jin was chopping some vegetables on the chopping board. “I should make up with him” he whispered to himself.

                He tiptoed into the kitchen, lips pressed together. He eyed Jin’s every move while Jin was engrossed into chopping that he didn’t notice his present. RapMon cleared his throat. Jin turned to him and tilted his head.

“Yes?”

“Ermm..” RapMon looked away and glanced at him a few times. “Can I help you? Since I finished my chores?”

“Yeah sure” Jin smiled. “Come”

                RapMon stood in front of the chopping board as Jin moved away.

“Chop this onion” Jin held him the knife before moved to check the soup on the stove.

*Okay, Namjoon. You can do this* RapMon held the knife and tried his best to cut the onion into two with his trembling hands.

                The boiling stew in the pot was stirred using ladle by Jin’s hand. He sipped some of the stew from a spoon and nodded in satisfaction. *Good enough*

                The onion slipped off RapMon’s hand and the knife hit the chopping board, producing a knock. RapMon winched and met eyes with Jin. He swallowed his saliva down his throat in fear.

                Jin chuckled. “You okay?” he approached him. “What the” he burst into laughter and left RapMon once again dumbfounded.

“Here” Jin took the knife and turn it over before handling it back to RapMon. “You’re holding the knife upside down. Now try again”

                RapMon attempted a second try but his hands were shaky. *Otoke?!*

                Jin smirked and held the knife together with RapMon, helping him with the chopping.

“This is the right way, Namjoon. You press the knife down, not sawing the onion” “I know but-“ “How can you cook for your sister later if you can’t even use the knife?” JIn chuckled but RapMon was silent. He was a bit disappointed with his poor skill. Jin noticed the changing of mood.

“Sorry” “Nah it’s okay. You’re right though. I should learn to cook. So I can cook for her” RapMon mustered a smile.

                Jin walked back to the stove. “Talk about your sister. What’s her name again? I already forgotten her name”

“Her name is-“