CHAPTER 23

Walking With You

“Thank you” Hojun received the drink. “See you later noona” he bowed. J-Hope and Hojun left.

“You didn’t tell me you know Namjoon hyung” V turned to Yerin. “How do you meet him? Since when? Tell me”

                Yerin have him a short sketch of how she met RapMon.

“Seunghwan did what?! That scum! He’s really have a dead wish!” V cracked his knuckles. “Nah” Yerin wiped her work station. “It’s in the past. Let’s just forget it”

“I don’t care! I’m gonna give him a lesson one day!” he narrowed his eyes and snorted.

“Hey, you two” Jin suddenly leaned against the counter beside V that made both V and Yerin jumped in surprise.

“Seokjin oppa!” she complained. “Yah!” V shouted.

“Yah?!” Jin smirked, taken aback by how V called him. “What happen to you?” Yerin saw Jin with his right arm was cemented and his face full of bruises.

“Hyung” V stared at his face. “You got into a fight?”

“What?” Jin chuckled. “Me? Fighting? Nah. I just fell off the stairs”

“Again? Looks like you really love the stairs that you keep falling for it. But oppa, please be extra careful next time” Yerin replied, concerned. “Omo, I make little Yerin worry” Jin tilted his head and blinked his eyes a few times, trying to look cute. “I’m sorry, Yerin”

“Aish” V slapped his shoulder. “Stop that aegyo okay?”

“Anyway” V turned to Jin. “Just now Hoseok hyung came”

“Hoseok?! As in Jung Hoseok?! That dork?!” Jin rephrased the name in disbelief.

“Yes He came here for a few times before this” she glanced at V from the corner of her eyes. “But it seems that I’m the only one who notice him”

“And Yerin said she knows Namjoon hyung” V was excited. “For real?! He’s in the area?!” Jin stared at her in surprise. He started to smile broadly. “It had been years”

“Yes. We had been meeting at the night stall almost every night” Yerin explained. “Yes” V nodded. “Wait?! What?!” he turned to her in disbelief. “Every night?! Just the two of you?!”

“We had been exchanging stories. And you can say that we’re close”

“Did he ever mention about her sister?” Jin asked. “Almost every day. It seems that he hasn’t found her yet” she replied. “But it had been years. He must have hard time” “Everything that we talked about he always bring up about his sister. He must be really missing her. And I’m meeting him again tonight after work”

“I’m coming with you!” V glared at Yerin. *You dare meeting with other guy?!* “It’s not safe for you to go there alone”

“Namjoon oppa is there, alright?” “Oppa?!” Yerin smirked.

“Anyway” Jin put an album on the counter. “Here. Pictures from the other day”

“Wow! It’s done already? That’s so fast!” V pulled the album closer to him and looked at the pictures of his parents smiling. Yerin joined him.

“It’s a relief that the picture come out nicely” Jin nodded. “Indeed I’m good at everything”

“You sure are the best, Seokjin oppa” Yerin glanced at him who just praised himself. “Wait” he searched for something in his messenger bag. Jin held a picture to each of them.

“Wait! You print this too?!” Yerin’s face turned red. V smirked at the picture of Yerin fixing his bow.

“Since it’s the only picture of you two” Jin smiled sheepishly. “It’s better for you two to have the picture than I put it together in the album”

“Thanks, hyung” V smiled and kept the photos in the pocket. “I’m continuing my work” he walked to the back.

“Wait! Taehyung! You have nothing against this?!” Yerin called him but she was ignored.

                Jin burst into laughter.

“It seems that he loves it” “What the, oppa!” “Okay. See you later” he waved and rushed out of the door with giggles.

                Her shoulder fell. Yerin stared at the picture again.

*We look good together though. What the! Yerin! What’s that?! He’s just your best friend! He could be your brother too! What am I thinking?!*

*             *             *

                Yerin and V walked pass the stores after they got off work. V was holding his phone to his ear, waiting for the person he called to pick up with Yerin watching him.

“Come on, pick up” he complained. The person he called answered the call.

“Omma” he voiced. “I’m going out with Yerin. I’ll be home later”

“Yerin?” Mrs. Kim’s voice could be heard. She chuckled. “Alright. Isn’t it great that you make effort to be closer to her? You two could be sibling one day anyway”

                V turned to Yerin who was looking at him. She too heard the words Mrs. Kim said.

“Okay. I’ll see you later at home. Bye” V kept his phone away. He glanced at her who was looking ahead. “Just don’t mind what omma said”

“Uhuh” she nodded.

                The two stopped at the crosswalk as the light was green for the vehicles to move. V looked around while Yerin stared ahead with eyes widened, as if she was hit by something on the head.

*Jungkook!*

                A lean guy with black hood over his head walked towards the busy road from the place they stood. A black van was going at full speed towards him without he noticed. At the sight of the scene, her dream flashed into her mind. And she knew the hideous outcome. Yerin charged towards him. This time, her foot were cooperative. V saw her rapid movement and froze.

                Yerin pulled the lean guy to the side towards her. The guy turned to her. His eyes widened. The two flopped onto the pavement. V rushed to them.

“Yah! Jungkook!” he stared at Jungkook who was on the floor. Yerin got up. “Jungkook, you okay?”

“Yerin!” V turned to her. “Are you crazy?! You could be dead back there!”

“Then he is too!” Yerin pointed to Jungkook. She was annoyed with V. “I don’t want to see him die for real in front of my eyes!”

Jungkook got up. “You two” he stood between them. “Don’t be mad at her” he glanced at V. “Thank you, Yerin-ssi” he bowed to her. “I could be dead if you didn’t pull me”

“You’re welcome, Jungkook” she smiled. V sighed. “Make sure you don’t do that again, Yerin” She pressed her lips into a thin line, not looking at him.

“Next time” she pulled the hood off his head. “Look where you’re going, Jungkook. Don’t let your thought blind you. And I told you to tell me if you ever have any problem, right?”

“How” Jungkook faced her. “Do you know?” They stepped pass the crosswalk.

“Maybe I can easily read people” she shrugged. “You better tell me now. Or you want to text me?”

“Uhm” Jungkook bit his lips. “It’s not a big deal, Yerin-ssi”

“No! You have to tell me” “Okay. I’ll text you later” he smiled sheepishly. “Alright” she patted his shoulder. V continued to glare at them in jealousy.

“I’ll see you later” Jungkook waved with broad smile to them, but his smile mainly meant for Yerin. He left them.

“Let’s go now” Yerin walked ahead with V following her. V snorted and pouted. *Is she making me jealous on purpose?!*

*             *             *

“Namjoon oppa!” Yerin waved at RapMon as she sat at an empty table. “Yerin-ah” he walked to her but his steps stopped at the sight of V with her.

“Taehyung?” RapMon stared at him as if he was seeing a ghost.

“Namjoon hyung” V smiled at him. Yerin smiled, looking at them.

“Man” RapMon hugged V. “How have you been? We haven’t see each other for years” his smile broadened.

“Aigo, oppa. Taehyung is doing just fine” Yerin glanced at them. “Everyone else is fine too”

“Everyone?” RapMon let go off V and turned to her. “You mean-”

“We met Yoongi hyung, Jimin, Kookie and Jin hyung” V took a seat. “And Hoseok-ssi” she added.

“Whoa! How are them? Are they doing just fine?” RapMon took a seat beside Yerin.

“They’re fine. Don’t worry” she started to dig in. “Yah!” V snatched a skewer from her grip. “Taehyung” she complained. “You don’t come here to drink right?” “Of course not. You know I can’t handle alcohol”

“So Yerin” RapMon began. “What happen to the friend of yours who tried to jump into the ocean?”

“Hey, that sounds just like” V turned to Yerin. “Sorry, Tae” she held her palm together and made puppy eyes.

“Why?” RapMon asked. “I guess she told you everything about me already” V replied. “I’m just chit chatting with Namjoon oppa. I don’t mean to make you look bad” “Wait. You mean you’re the one who tried to kill himself? You, Taehyung?!” “Well, yeah”

                RapMon held his shoulder. His face expressed worry.

“Why did you do that?! You know Yerin was scared to death?! Can’t you think of any other solution for your problem?!” “Hyung” “Namjoon oppa”

                RapMon heaved a sigh and released him.

 
“It’s all in the past anyway. Don’t ever think of doing that again. Get it?” V nodded while chewing the food.

“Anyway, Yerin” RapMon turned to her. “Your ex-boyfriend came here the other night” “With another girl?” “Uhuh” “Tsk! I don’t care about him anymore. He’s my past. My friends are my present, future and forever”

“Yeah. Especially me” V replied. “Yeah whatever” Yerin rolled her eyes, chuckling.

*             *             *