CHAPTER 4

Walking With You

BTS-For You

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*This guy!*

“Hello, miss?” the guy with bright hair voice took Yerin to reality. “I’m sorry” she took the pizza and paid. “Thank you”

“You look pale, miss. You alright?” “Yeah sure. I’m just tired, I guess. Thank you for asking” “Sure. I’ll take my leave then” he bowed. “Yes” she bowed.

                Yerin closed the door behind her and placed the pizza on the dining table.

“That guy-“ Suddenly, there was a loud bang followed by several not so loud bang.

“What’s that?” Yerin ran straight out the door, where the sound came from. She saw the pizza guy with his back on the floor with some of her flower pots rolled on the floor. The guy groaned in pain as he pushed himself off the floor.

“Sir, are you okay?” Yerin ran to him. “I’m fine” he stood and brushed the dirt off his clothes. “I’m sorry. I hit your flower pots” he quickly helped Yerin to pick up the flower pots.

“It’s okay” she smiled to him. “It’s not a big deal”

“I must have stepped on my shoelace again” he checked on his sneaker but his shoelace were perfectly fine. She followed his gaze.

“It seems that something is bothering you” she continued to clean. He turned to her. Yerin pat the dirt off her palm as she stood.

“I suggest you to stay focus or you’ll trip again. Anyway, thank you for the pizza” she turned to him. “Good night then” Yerin smiled and entered her house.

                The pizza guy just stared as she left him.

*She’s right. I should stop thinking about them and focus on my work for now*

                Yerin picked up her sketching book and flipped through the pages. She stopped at the picture of the guy with the red shirts.

“The pizza delivery guy. And this guy. They look the same”  

*             *             *

“Irene!” Yerin ran to Irene who was waiting for her in front of a court. “Yerin-ah” Irene smiled. “You’re late today. This is so not you”

“I’m sorry. I don’t really feel good today”

“You’re sick?” Irene placed her palm on Yerin’s forehead. “Nah” Yerin took her hand away. “I’m fine” she gave her an assuring smile.

“Besides, I can’t waste time. It’s not that I can come here every day”

“But if you need some rest tell me, okay? I can send you home” “Sure, Irene. Let’s go!” Yerin cling arms with her and skidded inside the court.   

                After warming up, the girls took out their racquets from their badminton bags.

“Ready, Irene?” Yerin was standing with a shuttle and racquet in her grips.

“Bring it on!” Irene smirked. Yerin made the first service.

                Three hours later,

“I’m tired as hell!” Irene sat on the bench. Her shirt was drenched to skin. “Me too!” Yerin put her racquet aside and took two water bottles.

“here” she gave one to Irene and sat beside her. Both of them were panting hard after three hours playing the badminton that evening.

“Thank you, Irene” Yerin suddenly voiced. Irene glanced at Yerin while still gulping the mineral water down.

“I couldn’t play badminton if it wouldn’t for you” “I didn’t rent this court just for you to play, okay?” Irene chuckled. “Besides, I know how much you love badminton. And I wouldn’t love this sport if you didn’t drag me to play years ago”

“Tsk. We’re even then” Yerin smiled.

*I’m so lucky to have you, Irene*

*             *             *

“You sure you don’t want to go to the clinic?” Irene asked Yerin after she dropped her off in front of her apartment. “Nah. It’s just fever. No big deal”

“Alright then” Irene sighed. “You sure are stubborn, aren’t you? Take some medicine and sleep early okay?”

“Nae, ahjumma” Yerin teased. “Bye”

“Alright. See you later” Irene drove her Aston Martin One-77 into the main road.

                Yerin put her badminton bag into another room next to her bedroom. She quickly took her shower and put on her light green pajama. Her eyes couldn’t open wide as always. She felt her body as heavy as lead. She dragged her feet to the dining table and swallowed some pills. Her breathing was hot. Yerin threw her body onto her bed and curled inside her blanket. She gritted her teeth as she felt her whole body was aching. She looked at her ringing phone on the table. Irene was calling.