CHAPTER 14

Walking With You

AKMU-Melted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“His brother came to pick him up just now” Yerin walked to him. He turned to the window to see the back side of Hojun and another taller male. “He looks familiar” he whispered.

“What is his brother’s name?” Jimin asked Yerin. She turned to him in disbelief. “You sure like to know people’s names. But trust me. You don’t want to talk to him” “Tell me his name” “Jung Hoseok”

                On hearing the name, Jimin froze. He stood there, brooding as past memory being played inside of his mind.

-Flashback-

                Jimin looked down to the river below his hanging feet from the bridge.

“Yah” J-Hope came with a bright smile and leaned against the railing he was sitting on. Jimin turned his view back to the river. His face was gloomy.

“Jimin-ah, can you kill me too?” J-Hope asked. Jimin turned to him in disbelief. “I want to meet my mother” J-Hope smiled.

-End of flashback-

“He’s so rude! He shouted at me just now, you know!” she expressed her frustration to Jimin but he hasn’t finish rewinding his past memory.

“Jimin-ssi, you’re hearing me?” she waved her hand in front of his face. “What is it? He’s rude?” he was startled. “Nothing” she sighed but then smiled. “It’s not a big matter anyway”

                Her phone rang and she and answered it.

“Hello, Seunghwan oppa” Yerin was all smile again.

*             *             *     

                J-Hope locked his room door and turned to face his room. Medicine bottles were on the table beside his bed. He threw his tired body on his messy bed. J-Hope held the medicine bottle in his hand.

*Omma, I want to meet you* he shut his eyes. Tears rolled down his cheeks.

                He sat up, took out one of the pills and swallowed it down with water. His eyes suddenly felt heavy. His head fell onto the pillow and so he drifted into sleep.

*             *             *     

                Yerin looked around the pavement outside the already closed café.

“He’s not here” she sighed and leaned back against the café’s front door. She took out her sketch book from her bag. Yerin stared at her drawing one by one. The picture of a guy playing the kite and a newly drawn picture of a guy leaning against the sofa were written Jeon Jungkook’s name under it. The guy with red clothes was written ‘pizza guy’. The picture of the guy that gave her the blue rose was written ‘Jung Hoseok, Hojun’s brother’. Jimin’s name was written under the picture of a guy who played with the bubbles. V’s name was written under his picture. She stared at the picture of the guy at the lake.

“Maybe I’ll meet him later. But why do I meet all of them? Why?”

                Yerin turned to the other page. It was her unfinished drawing of a guy sitting with his leg hanging out of an old blue railway coach. She still remembered she had a dream about him this morning. In the dream, he was looking around, searching for a sight of somebody but then looked down in disappointment. He couldn’t see Yerin who was standing right in front of him.

*I wonder who he is waiting for* Yerin took a pencil from a pocket and started to resume her drawing. 

               

                A car stopped in front of her.

“Seunghwan oppa” her face lit up at the sight of Seunghwan who was driving the car. Yerin quickly kept her sketch book away.

*             *             *