Chapter 1: Spending time with family

The new girl In town.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Deciding you travel to Korea was the best idea I’ve had in a long time”. You thought to yourself as you packed enough clothes to last a month, no doubt you are going to buy new ones over there but still better safe than sorry. The last time you were in Korea was when you were 10 and now that your 19 and just finished school you decided to visit again before you go to college. Your parents weren’t too fond of the idea of you going there by yourself and offered to go with you but you know in your heart they did want to go so you wouldn’t make them. Your mother is Irish and you dad is Korean, You mom is terrified of airplane’s, and the thoughts of flying would make her burst into tears. She was such a worry wort, she was the mother who would make you wear sun screen even when it was raining out to protect you, she drove you everywhere and collected you, so as much as you loved her it did get annoying when you constantly got phone calls asking where you were and when will you be home. You walked down the stairs into the living room where your family were.

 

I’m all packed now” I said sitting beside my dad on the couch as my mam, dad sister and brother looked up at me.

“We will be leaving soon honey” My dad said as he walked out of the room and up stairs

“Becks you don’t have to go” my mam said looking at me while placing her cup of tea onto the coffee table.

“Mam we’ve been over this I want to go I want to see all out aunties and uncles again it’s been awhile and it’s not quite the same seeing the on skype as it is in person” You said walking towards her.

“Mam I’ll be fine I’ll only be gone a month and that will fly I’ll be back sooner than you think believe me” I said giving her a hug.

“Just promise me you will call every day, and call me when you get to the airport and when you land in Seoul” She said hugging back

“Noona Will you bring me back some clothes they’re cheaper over there” My brother said handing me money he had been saving up for clothes

“Of course James” I said as I took the money from him and placed it into my purse.

“I’ll send you a list of stuff of Facebook once you’re there” He said as he went to leave the room

“Excuse me” I said as I stretched my arms out for a hug.

“Noona I’m 15 I don’t hug anymore “He said that and I just pulled him into a hug and he hugged back even though he didn’t want to.

“Don’t miss me too much James “I joked letter go of him.

“Maybe the house will be a little peaceful now that you leaving, and now I won’t be woken up with you singing” He laughed as he left the room. When he did I felt someone hold onto my leg

“Unnie Please don’t go if you do then James is the oldest and he will be mean” Said my 5 year old little sister Alana.

“Don’t worry Alana I’ll be back sooner than you think and when I do I’ll bring you beck exo things” I said lifting her up into my arms and hugging her.

“REALLY UNNIE YOU’RE THE BEST” She cheered while hugging me.

Yes my 5 year old sister loves exo I think it’s cute really. She will always ask you to listen to their music when she sees that your laptop was open.

While she was hugging you the doorbell rang you knew exactly who it was your best friends Emma, Faye and Josh. You walked to the door with Alana in your arms and opened it. Smiling

“We had to come before you left” Emma said standing out the door and giving you a hug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter