PART 2

FOREVER: EP 2

PART 2

 

Jessica’s POV

 

                I could feel the cold air and something soft under me. I slowly open my eyes to see where I am. My sight is so blurry that I cannot see so well. I have to blink a few more times to adjust my sight before my eyes could see clearly again. I look around the white room and slightly turn my head to see an IV drip beside me. I could guess that I’m currently at the hospital now. I sigh. This is just great. I’m injured and I can’t even remember how it happened. I tried to get up from the bed but I end up falling back down. “What the ?” I reach up to the back of my head and there was a bandage. “Damn.” I once again try to get up and I manage to get myself to sit on the bed. This time, my shoulder is feeling painful. I carefully open my shirt to see another bandage. Seriously, I injured both my head and my shoulder? What the hell is going on here? Suddenly, the door opens and Yuri walks in. She got suprise when she sees that I am already concious.

 

“Oh my God, Sica, you’re awake!” Yuri said as she went beside me. I chuckle at her reaction. “Calm down, Yul.”

 

“Pch, calm down? I’d almost had a heart attack today because of you.” She slightly pushes me on the shoulder. Luckily, it wasn’t the injured one or else I would have kick her on the face.

 

“Sorry about that.” I apologized. “Yul, I can’t...remember what happened.” I look at her with a confuse expression.

 

“Oh, really?” She asked and I nodded. “Well, when I arrived in your office, you were already unconcious. Officer Jin was pinning Kim Taeyeon on the floor. She was in a hysterical mode. She almost stab her own eye with a pen.” Yuri explained. After hearing her story, I finally remember what had happened between me and Taeyeon before they came in. I mentioned the name she marked on her arm. Sunny, I recall. Taeyeon kept saying she was the one responsible for Sunny’s death. She felt so guilty that she wanted to hurt herself. I tried to stop her but ended up getting bitten on the shoulder and hit my head on the side of the table after being pushed away. I became unconcious when Jin arrived. “Sica?” I snapped out from my thoughts when Yuri called. I turn towards her. “Huh?”

 

“For the past three years, Kim Taeyeon never had-an episode. She was always quiet and lifeless-like. She never even gave a respond before. For her to act hysterically like that, I bet you must have done something to trigger the emotions inside of her. What-did you actually do?” Yuri asked. I know I’m suppose to tell her about Sunny and her death had something to do with Taeyeon. But, I don’t think I should say it. Not that I don’t trust Yuri, in fact she is one of the doctors in the facility that I trust the most. However, ‘Sunny’ should be a secret information, for now. “Uhh, I can’t really remember...what I did. When I do, I’ll make sure that you are the first person to know.” I replied. At first, Yuri just stares at me until she finally sighs and nods her head. “Fine, you better tell me. You know, I always thought you’re a good doctor. But, I would have never expected you could did something like this. I mean, getting Kim Taeyeon to act like that, you just achieve a sucess.” She said. I only smiles at her words. I didn’t really mind about my great achievement. I’m just worried about Taeyeon. That’s all what I think about right now.

 

It was my fault. I know she never meant to hurt me. She was just feeling scared and guilty.

 

                After spending 5 hours in the ward, the doctor do a few last checkups to see if I’m alright. He said my injuries are just minor and I can go back home. I felt relief. I might be a doctor but I never liked the hospital. Yuri helps me to walk properly until we got outside. “Thanks for the help, Yul.” I said. She smiles at me. “No worries. We’re friends, we help each other.” I nod my head while smiling. “Anyways, I can’t send you home since I only have a scooter. I don’t want you to fall or anything. Seohyun and Hyoyeon are still back at the facility. The owner called to ask them what happened.” Wow, poor them. They must be tired and they still need to stay there for God-knows-how-long. I should do something to repay them back after being such a jerk and putting the both of them in trouble.

 

“Yul, it’s okay. I can take the bus or a taxi back to the facility so I can get my car. I’ll drive myself home then.” I said. Yuri frowns at the sound of my idea. “Are you crazy? You just got out of the hospital.” I shrug my shoulders. “I think I’ll be fine. You don’t have to worry so much.” I tried to reassure her with a smile. But, Yuri still worries so much. She cross her arms and shook her head. “No, na-ah, there’s no way I would let you go home by yourself.” She said. “But-“ Before I could speak futher, she stops me by putting her finger on my lips. “No excuses, Jessica Jung. You are not going home on your own.” I roll my eyes and pushes her hand away, but not so harsh. “I can go home on my own, Yul. Really.” Yuri once again shook her head. “What if your head suddenly feel painful on the way and you get yourself in an accident? You’ll be in the hospital again or worse, death!” Yuri franctically said. I sigh heavily. I understand that she is worried about me but it’s getting annoying. All I want is to quickly go home and rest on my comfy bed. I know that I am completely fine. We were busy arguing that we didn’t realizes a car is park just a few meters away from us. “Hey.” We turn our heads to the side and sees Jin exiting the car.

 

“Oh, Jin, hey.” I awkwardly greeted. I didn’t know why these past few days, I’ve been really shy around him. I do have a little crush on him. Well, maybe a huge crush. But, I’m confident with his looks, he must have a girlfriend. Besides, to him, we are only fellow co-workers. I almost let myself blush when he got near me. Since he’s tall, I have to lift my head up to look at him. “Are you okay?” He asked.

 

“O-Oh, I’m fine. The doctor said it was just minor injuries.” I answered.

 

“That’s good to hear.” He smiles sweetly at me. I try not to act so awkward and smiles back.

 

“What are you doing here anyway, Officer?” Yuri interrupted. I almost forgot she is there with us. He turns to look at Yuri. “I wanted to check if she was doing okay before I went home.” He replied. I could feel my heart beating faster so I quickly look away to hide my blushing face. “Oh, I see. Well, you came just in time. Ms. Jung here wants to go home by herself. It’s still not safe for her to drive on her own so mind sending her home?” Yuri asked. I immediately look at her. “Sure, why not?” Jin replied. “Jin, it’s okay. I can go home by myself. You don’t have to-burden yourself.” He chuckles and puts his hand on my shoulder while smiling. “It’s not a burden at all, Jessica. Besides, Yuri’s right. You just recovered. I think it’s better that I send you home, alright?” I finally gave in. There is no use of me arguing anymore since the two of them will give me the same answer.

 

“Thank you, Officer. You guys should get going now.” Yuri gestured her hand, telling us to go.

 

“See you tomorrow, Yul.” I waved at her. Like a gentleman he is, he opens the door for me. I thanked him and sits on the passenger seat. I could see him politely bows at Yuri first before entering the car on the driver’s seat. I try to pull the seat belt many times but it seems to be stuck. “Here, let me help.” Jin said. He leans forward at my direction and pulls the seat belt a bit harder than I did. It did the trick. He is so close to me that I could smell his scent. He smells somewhat fresh like flowers. “Sorry, this ‘guy’ is a little bit rusty.” I lightly laugh. “I’m used to cars like this.” I said. Jin sits back properly after helping me with the seat belt. I don’t want to sound creepy but I wish we have stayed in that position longer so I could smell his scent. It is my habit. I love smelling or sniffing people’s scents and things around me. He carefully drives to avoid the back of my head getting bump on the seat. I really like when he cares for me.

 

We didn’t talk much in the car since he’s focusing on driving. The two of us are quiet most of the time. I take the chance to observes him from the passenger seat. I’ve always been attracted to him ever since the first day we met. I love how kind and friendly he was towards the doctors and patients. He isn’t like the typical officers I’ve seen in the facility. Not all, but most of them treat the patients really badly. Jin might be one of the high rank officers yet he never been disrespectful. He gives me hope whenever I feel like giving up on Taeyeon. He was also there for me today when I was in trouble. I really do like him but I already bet his heart already belongs to another beautiful woman out there. “We’re here.” He announced when we arrived. Thankfully, the GPS helped him give directions to the building where my apartment is. I didn’t need to show him the ways. My head is already painful enough even when I’m not thinking.

 

“Thanks for sending me home, Jin. Sorry for burdening you.” I said. He smiles at me. “Hey, it’s not a burden at all. Besides, you need to recover before you can drive on your own.” He bit his lower lip as his eyes look down on the steering wheel. I could guess that he wants to ask me about something but he’s holding back. Since I’m a pyscotheraphist, I can easily take a hint of a person’s thinking through their actions. Same trick I used when observing a patient. “Do you want-to ask something?” He looks at me and chuckles. “I knew you would pick up what’s in my mind.” He leans his back on the car’s seat. “Well, I do have a question. I’ve worked as an officer a year after Kim Taeyeon admitted to the facility. Since I was in-charge of the patients’ files, I would always read some of those files to pass my time. Taeyeo interest me the most. She have been assigned to almost 20 doctors on the first year and none could get her to talk or even hum. Suddenly, after three years, you came and...Taeyeon who was the least expected to have an episode...did have one today. You are the first doctor to get her to responded like that. How could you make such quiet and stiffed Kim Taeyeon to have that kind of reaction?” He looks at me with so much curiosity. I wanted to avoid this subject as much as I could but I can never blame them for being so curious. Kim Taeyeon was always so quiet that no one ever thought she would acted so violently. I want to tell Jin about the person named ‘Sunny.’ But, I can’t. I’m not being selfish and planning to keep this information for myself. Knowing the name Sunny was just the beginning, there are still so much things I have to find.

 

“I think I hit my head pretty hard that I can’t remember well what I did.” I lied.

 

“Really? Why didn’t you tell the doctor about it?” He worriedly asked. I was about to talk but I shut my lips when he suddenly reaches out to hold my head. I couldn’t help but getting stiff like a statue. “If your head still hurts, you should go back to the hospital and see a doctor again.” He said. “Sure... I will.” I replied. We both stay quiet afterwards. I hear him sigh and I feel guilty. He must be burden with his own curiousity right now. I should at least make him feel better. “Sorry...that I couldn’t remember what had happened.” He smiles while looking towards me. “It’s alright, I don’t want to force you to remember anyway. But, I do hope that you’ll remember back. Whatever you did, it’s working and I’m sure you’re the only doctor that can help Taeyeon.” Jin holds my hand. I can feel my whole face is getting warm because of blushing. If it wasn’t for the darkness, he would have seen how red my face is like a fresh tomato. “I’ve always have a faith in you, Jessica Jung.” Wow, this is the first time ever he called me with my full name. “Why?” I asked.

 

“Despite your lack of experiences, you never stop trying to help Taeyeon. I could see you’re struggling with her. You were in a mess. But, you still didn’t give up. I really admired that side of yours’. That’s why I always believed that you are the only one that can help her.” He lowered his head. I don’t know if I’m imagining or I see a tint of red on his cheeks. I guess he could be shy too. I smiled. “I took an oath and it is one of my responsibilities to make my patients get better. Kim Taeyeon is no different.” I replied. I look at my hand he is holding and notices some bruises on his arm. Yuri said Jin helped to restrained Taeyeon earlier when Hyoyeon injected her sedative. Taeyeon must have been so hysterical that she caused those bruises. “Your arm have lot of bruises.” “Don’t worry, those are just old bruises.” He answered but I knew he was lying.

 

I shook my head. “Did Taeyeon did this?” I asked. He didn’t say anything at first and soon he nods as his eyes look sideway. “I’m sorry.” Jin turn towards me and it is his turn to shook his head. “You don’t have to apologizes. I-took an oath too. It’s one of my responsibilities as an officer.” We both laugh afterwards. It’s funny how the two of us are so devoted in our jobs. I didn’t even know officers also took oaths. I notices he suddenly being quiet so I stop laughing. He just stares at me without saying anything. I can feel he is leaning towards me and our faces are getting close.“J-Jin?” I blink so many times, but it wasn’t my imagination. Jin is getting closer with his eyes close. I feel everything around me slow down. The only thing I hear was the sound of my heartbeat. Is he for real? Is this just a dream and I’m actually lying on the hospital’s bed? No, I swear I’ve blink too many times now. Without me realizing it, my eyes are also close and I was waiting for the taste of his lips on mine. My heart is beating like crazy when I feel Jin’s warm breath brushing my skin. Our lips are so close. So close.

 

Author’s POV

 

Their lips are only a few inches away from each other.

 

 

 

So close. So close.

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, there is a loud noise outside that cause their eyes to shot open wide and they immediately distance from each other. Jin let out an awkward cough while Jessica is blushing madly at the other side. “I-It’s getting late. You should go inside and rest.” He said after a short silence in the car. “Y-Yeah, sure.” Jessica opens the door and was about to exit the car but she turns back to give him a surprise kiss on the cheek. Jin looks at the smiling Jessica. “Thanks for sending me home.” She said before finally getting out from the car and quickly walks into the building. Once Jessica is gone from his sight, a smile slowly appears on Jin’s face. He heavenly sighs as he leans on the chair while closing his eyes. It’s just a short kiss on the cheek but it makes him so joyful inside-like a kid getting a new toy. Brrr. The phone inside his pocket vibrated. He takes it into his hand and unlocks the phone’s screen after entering the password. He receives a message under the name XX. Once he opens it, his happy mood immediately turns into a gloomy one. Jin runs his hand through his hair while clenching on the phone tightly. “Damn it.” He cursed. He throws the phone on the passenger seat and drives away fast.

 

As soon as Jessica arrived in her apartment, she walks into the bedroom and lays comfortably on the huge, soft matress. She close her eyes and reminisce the scene that happened inside the car earlier. How his warm breath brushed on her skin. His flowerly scent that makes her melt. His strong yet gentle hands. Too bad those arms of him got bruised. Taeyeon. Jessica immediately open her eyes. For a moment there, she forgot about her very important patient. She mentally slaps herself for being so forgetful. Jessica gets up from the bed and walks to another room which she turned into an office. She turns on the light. There is a desk and a chair located near the window. Beside it, there is a huge whiteboard filled with writings, sticky notes and ripped papers from Jessica’s notebook. Most of the informations were about Taeyeon and some about other patients. Then, the rest of the things in the room are just a few book racks for work files and books in case Jessica needed. She stands in front of the whiteboard and writes the name Sunny as the third point about Taeyeon. The two other points are Taeyeon’s behaviour which was watching the sunset at a specific time and cutting her hair on the same date every single year.

 

“Sunny.” Jessica crossed her arms. “Who are you?” She circles the name with the marker. All she knows is that Sunny had already passed away probably three years ago and became the cause of Taeyeon’s mental illness. Jessica is still not sure how she died. Taeyeon mentioned about cars and blamed that she killed Sunny. So, in her mind, anything could had happened. Taeyeon could have been a murderer or Sunny’s accident involved what she had done that day. Knowing Sunny being a huge part of Taeyeon’s past life was a huge sucess, but it is not enough. Jessica needs to have more information. Who is Sunny? What’s her role in Taeyeon’s life? What kind of relationship they had? Those questions filled Jessica’s mind. She have to find someone else that knew about Taeyeon. A close friend or a relative perhaps. However, there are no informations about Taeyeon’s relationships with anyone in her file which Jessica think was weird. Her other patients have those informations in their files. But, she puts aside her suspicion and focuses on finding a solution first. Jessica knows just the person to call for this job. She taps the screen a few times before putting the phone close to her ear.

 

Hello?” A female voice spoke after the phone rang a few times.

 

“Hey, are you asleep?” Jessica asked. “No, I’m washing my laundry. Tch, of course, I’m asleep. It’s almost midnight.” She replied with an annoyed tone. Jessica roll her eyes. The woman’s sarcastic attitude never changes even after high school.“Sorry, Hara. I really needed your help right now.” She could hear the bed creack so Hara must have gotten up to a sitting position. “It’s okay, who do you want me to search?” Jessica smiles. Hara and her have met since high school. She used to help Hara a lot in her studies back then. Now that she works as a secret detective, Jessica would sometimes ask Hara for help to do a background check on a person she will be working with or the patients’ outside relationships with anyone. Hara is the best in this kind of work. “I need to find me a relative or a close friend of my patient named Kim Taeyeon. Can you do that?” Jessica asked. “Sure, just give me the location of Taeyeon’s birth place.” Hara said. “Alright, just a sec.” Jessica take a look at Taeyeon’s file. “It says here that she is from Wansan-gu, Jeonju.”

 

Okay, give me a few days. Once I got the infos, I’ll call you and we’ll meet up at the usual place.

 

“Thanks, Hara.” With that, the short call ended. Jessica sighs. Her only hope to help Taeyeon now is to find anyone related to her in the past. I KILLED HER! Jessica close her eyes while touching her injured shoulder. Taeyeon’s voice and horrid expression haunted her mind. She saw how much pain under those dark-brown eyes of hers’. So much that it burst out when she mentioned that one single name. Her mind wonders about her patient’s whereabouts right now. She remembers Yuri’s story about one of her patients got sent to the solitary confinement after attacking someone. Jessica’s eyes immediately opens wide. Although Taeyeon never attack anyone before, she did attacked a doctor and an officer today. She will not be excluded from punishment. “Could it be?” Jessica starts to get worried about Taeyeon. She might be lock in a solitary confinement by now; without proper meal and shower. Even she is just had been there for a few hours, anyone could get frustrated to be isolated from people and the nature around. A patient can simply get crazy after 6 hours or so. Jessica tries to call Jin to ask about Taeyeon however all she got was a voicemail.

 

“Relax, Jessica. Just pray, that Taeyeon will be fine.” She said to herself. She’ll make sure to go to work extra early to check on Taeyeon. Jessica leaves her ‘office’ after turning off the light and fan. She then goes straight to bed to once again rest her aching body. She was feeling so tired but her eyes just won’t let her sleep. There are still so much questions in her mind and she is desparately need of an answer now. “Please be okay for me, Taeyeon.” She whispered as she stared the blank ceilling of her bedroom.

 

X

               

Usually, Jessica will arrive at her work place at 7.30 in the morning. Today is different. She gets there 30 minutes early. She could have been there much earlier if it wasn’t because of the slow taxi driver. She hurriedly enters the building to get to her office. She met a few doctors on the way; asking if she was okay and if the injuries were bad. The news spread so fast overnight, Jessica thought. Thankfully, no one ask about Kim Taeyeon’s sudden hysteric act or else she has to lie again to them which she didn’t like doing so much. She is in such a hurry that she accidently bumps on someone. She looks up to see a tall young man wearing an officer’s suit with blonde-colored hair. He was looking at the other way so she only sees his broad back. “Oh, I’m sorry. I was such in a hurry that I-“ She stops talking when the officer turns around, facing her. “Jin?” She almost have her jaw drop. Jin’s hair is blonde now which made him much more good-looking than before. “It’s alright, in fact I’m the one who should apologize. You could have got yourself hurt again.” He said. Jessica couldn’t take her eyes off of him. He looks dazzling. “Err, well, I think-I’m fine. You dyed your hair.” She pointed at his hair.

 

Jin chuckles. “You like it?” He asked.

 

“Yeah, looks good on you.” Jessica complimented. They shyly smile at each other.

 

“By the way, you’re early today. Usually, you would arrive around 7.30.”

 

“Wow, you know?” She felt amazed, or rather joyful that her crush notices what time she always came to work.

 

“Well, you would ask me for the patients’ files during those times.” Jin replied.

 

                Of course. Jessica feels embarass but manage to cover it well. “Hey Jin, I heard from a doctor that-if patients attack people, either doctors or other patients. They would be send to solitary confinement.” She said. Jin mouthed an ‘ahh’ and nodded to the statement. “It’s one of the rules. The patient would be in there according to how bad they did. Three days, the least.” Jessica’s eyes widen. Three days? Taeyeon’s condition will get worse. But, she didn’t know if Taeyeon will be sent there. Hopefully she won’t. “Did Taeyeon...got sent to the solitary confinement?” She asked. Jin already predicted that she will ask that question. He sighs while rubbing the back of his neck. “I didn’t want to make you worry so much. But, you would have known sooner. Taeyeon was sent there yesterday after the attack. Although it was her first time attacking someone, she can’t be excepted from the rule and she had to receive the punishment.” Upon hearing this, Jessica could feel herself getting weak in the knees. She can’t imagine her being all alone in that small room, being tied up and only be able to see a glimse of light. However, this isn’t the worst part yet. “H-How long will she be in there?”

 

Jin feels hesitance to answer. “A week.” He managed to say.

 

“I have to get her.” Jessica immediately walks away but Jin caught her wrist. She turns around to look at the officer.

 

“Jessica, you can’t see her.”

 

“Why not? I’m her doctor, for God sake.” Jessica almost raised her voice due to her mix emotions. She feels angry yet sad at the same time. She have let Taeyeon to fall into trouble because of her own curiousity. It was all her fault and all she wanted now is to see Taeyeon.

 

“Look, I know you’re worried.” Jin gently spoke. “But, you can’t see her. No one is allowed to see the patients that were sent there even their own doctors.”

 

“So, you’re saying that Taeyeon will be all alone in that cramp room for a week?” Jin could only nod. Jessica feels her head spinning. It wasn’t because of the injury though but the fact that things have got so much worse rather than getting better. She could be burying her nails on her own face any second now. “!” She hissed while covering her face. She didn’t care if she just cursed in front of her crush. Her level of stress just turn up. Jin suddenly holds her hand and pulls Jessica to her office. He didn’t bother if anyone sees them since most of the staffs haven’t arrive yet. Once they are inside the office, he immediately shuts the door. “Jin, what are you-“ Jessica couldn’t finish her words. Jin wrap his arms around her shoulders and pulls her into a hug. “I understand that you feel guilty. It wasn’t your fault. You never wanted this to happened.” Jessica couldn’t hold her tears much longer and let it fall. She sobs silently on his chest. Jin her hair. “You’ll be fine. Taeyeon will be fine. I’m sure.” Jessica shook her head. “I heard what happened to patients that were sent there. She’ll be more hurt now.”

 

“Hey, don’t say that. You can always pray for her.” Jin slightly push Jessica and wipe her tears away with his thumb. “I’m pretty close with the owner. I’ll try to consult with him so you can see Taeyeon.” He said.

 

Jessica sniffs. “Y-You can do that?”

 

“I’ll give it a try. For now, you should focus on treating other patients. Don’t forget them. Can you do that?” He looks at her. Jessica wipe her tears while nodding. He was right. She shouldn’t forget about her other patients. They need treatments too. She can’t be selfish and only thinks about Taeyeon all the time. “Thanks, Jin. I feel much better.” She slightly smiled. Jin leans forward to give her a gentle kiss on the forehead. “Glad I could help.” He said with a his usual, charming smile. Jessica once again have that butterflies feel in her stomach like last night. Suddenly, the door swings open revealing Yuri with Hyoyeon and Seohyun at the back. The trio curiously stare at the two of them. “Sica, I didn’t know you were here.” Yuri said. “I arrived early today.” Jessica awkwardly stood there with Jin besides her. “Oh, what about you, officer?” She asked while raising her eyebrow. “I was just checking on her. Mm, I have some paper work to do. See you later, Sica.” Jin quickly exited the office. The trio curiously look at Jessica. “Sica?” They all asked at the same time with curious faces. “It was nothing.” Jessica walked to her desk.

 

“I doubt that.” Yuri crossed her arms.

 

“Unnie, are you okay? What did the doctor said?” Seohyun seated on the chair in front of the desk.

 

                “I’m fine, Seohyun. Don’t worry.” She smiles. She looks at Hyoyeon and the young woman seems to still be offended by her words yesterday. “I wanted to apologize, to both of you. I was acting like a total jerk yersteday.” Jessica said. Seohyun holds Jessica’s hand while smiling. “It’s okay, unnie. We understand. You were in a stress. I shouldn’t have said like that to you so I’m sorry too.” She turns her head to look at her wife. Hyoyeon sighs and says, “I’m sorry too.” Her tone is a bit cold but she meant it. Yuri clasp her hands. “Now that we’re all good. I wanted to ask what the owner talked about to you two.” She asked. Jessica is also curious about it. “Well,” Seohyun leaned on the chair and crossed her legs. “Nothing much. He was surprised to hear what happened. Kim Taeyeon is one of his important patients in the facility. To hear her having a hysteric attack and injuring a doctor, he was quite worried.” “Taeyeon is his biggest asset. Got paid a lot of money.” Hyoyeon interupted. Jessica raises her eyebrow. “By who?”

 

“No one sure who. We knew this from a doctor who worked here for 6 years.” Yuri answered.

 

“The owner was curious on how you did it. He wanted an explanation but we didn’t exactly know what really happened. So, he asked you to meet him in his office after work.”

 

                Meet? This will be the first time Jessica going to offically meet the owner of this facility. She was interviewed only by the represantative before. She is curious on how the owner looks like. “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.” Seohyun patted her shoulder. “Yuri told us that you didn’t really remember what happened. So, you’ll just tell him that.” Jessica nods. She hated that she have to lie again especially to her own boss but it is for the better. After having short conversations for a while, the three doctors finally get out from the office to attend their sessions with other patients. Jessica is all alone. Her mind filled the thoughts about Taeyeon again. Jin told her not to worry. She couldn’t help herself though. She can imagine Taeyeon in that small room all alone; haunted by the memory of Sunny’s death and the feeling of guilt. Jessica opens her bag that was left under her desk yesterday. She takes out a box of cigerattes. “Hey, old buddy.” She said. She lit up the end of the white cigarette and gently blows the greyish smoke through her thin lips. Funny, that piece of wrapped paper filled with tar and nicotine manages to clear her mind a bit. No wonder she wasted so much money for that during high school and university. She didn’t care if the scent of the smoke got to her hair and clothes. All she wanted was peace again. How she misses that feeling.

 

                Today’s sessions ended earlier than before. Taeyeon was her usual last patient but since she was sent away, Jessica is freed an hour from her normal schedule. She picks up her bag and car keys before exiting the office. An officer was waiting outside. He greets, “hello, Dr. Jung.” He politely bowed. “Hello, officer.” She greeted back with a slight bow. “Mr. Lee would like to see you in his office.” He informed. Jessica almost forgot that her boss wanted to meet after work. “Alright.” The officer leads the way to the owner’s office which was located in another building. They arrive in front of a huge gate with ‘PRIVATE PROPERTY’ signboard on it. The guard immediately opens the gate when he sees the officer. “Follow me.” He walks first, Jessica follows him from behind. The building is different from the others. It looks like a castle; built with bricks and painted the color grey.

 

Two guards guarding the main door. “Mr. Lee wanted to see Dr. Jung.” The officer told them. “Doctor, you’ll be following the guard now.” He said before dismissed himself. One of the guard enters the building so Jessica quickly walks behind him. She is amazes by the insides of the building. Hallways here and there, the walls decorated with beautiful arts and designed with colorful wallpapers. The carpets on the floor were red, huge chandeliars hanging from the ceilings and a huge staircase that lead to left and right sides of the building. Jessica would have never thought this kind of place will exist in this land. They walk upstairs, turning to the right, going through a huge hallway. Jessica can see a few huge framed with pictures of men along the way. Must be the owners back in the days. They meet with a woman wearing a black suit with greyish-colored short skirt. Her hair is tied up into a bun and she looks very beautiful. “Ms. Victoria, Dr. Jung is here to see Mr. Lee.”

 

The Chinese-blood assistant stands up from her seat and straigten her skirt. “Dr. Jessica Jung, is it?” She asked while pushing her small, round glasses upward. Her strong jawline and beautiful-looks dazzled Jessica.

 

“Yes, I am.” She shortly answered.

 

“I’m Victoria Song, Mr. Lee’s assistant. I’ll tell him you’re here.” Victoria smiled and walks inside the office.

 

Jessica nervously looks around the place while playing the end of her blouse. She takes out her compact powder to check if she is looking okay through the small mirror. She quickly puts the compact powder back inside her bag when Victoria comes out. “You can see him now.” Jessica thanked her and walks to the office’s door. Her shaky hand reach out to lightly knock a few times. “Come in.” A male voice spoke. She deeply inhales and enters the office with a thumping heart. “Hello, Mr. Lee.” She greeted. A young man wearing a black suit stands up from the leather chair and turns around to look at Jessica. “Dr. Jung, please sit down.” He pointed his hand at the sofa. Jessica sit down with her back straight while putting her hands on her laps. Mr. Lee sits on the single sofa just besides her. He appears to be younger than Jessica expected; probably almost the same age as her. He leans his back on the soft cushion and cross his legs. “My name is Lee Junho. I’m the current owner of this mental facility.” Mr. Lee or Junho introduced himself. “Very nice to meet you, Mr. Lee.”

 

He chuckles. “Calling me Mr. Lee makes me sound old. Just call me Junho.”

 

“I’m-more comfortable calling you Mr. Lee since you are my boss.” Jessica replied.

 

“Well-mannered, huh? Your parents raised you well. No wonder you were an honour student with such excellent records.” He praised.

 

“I believe being passionate and fully devoted to your work field makes a person to be excellent.”

 

                Mr. Lee nod-agreeing to her idea. “That’s why I never regret having you as a doctor in my facility.” Victoria comes into the office with a tray in her hands. She serves two cups of coffee on the table and hands out the a file to Mr. Lee. “Thank you, Victoria.” Victoria then dismiss from the office. Mr. Lee opens the file and puts it down on the table. It contains a report about yesterday’s event. Jessica’s eyes immediately attracted to a photo of Taeyeon that was taken before she was sent away. Somehow, she looked different. Her expression, her eyes; as if they are giving out an odd vibe. The mix emotions of sadness, anger, guilt and loneliness. “So,” Jessica looks at Mr. Lee. “I heard an interesting event happened yesterday.” He slides the file closer to Jessica. “Now, I remembered assigning many doctors to Kim Taeyeon. None could make her respond except...you.” He pointed at the young doctor. “If you’re asking how I did it, I can’t answer that, Mr. Lee.” Jessica immediately give an answer. Mr. Lee lightly laughs as he picks up the cup of coffee.

 

“Why?” He sounded a bit more serious. Jessica remained compose.

 

“I’m sorry, but I still cannot remember well how it happened. All I know she became so hysteric that she injured me when I tried stopping her.”

 

“You don’t remember or, you’re planning to keep a secret of what really happened.” The look in Mr. Lee’s eyes are intense it actually made Jessica nervous. He chuckles when he sees her body becomes stiff. “Don’t need tense up. We’re just having a conversation here.” He laughed. Jessica only ‘wears’ a fake smile on her face. She knows under his laugh and his easy-going personality. He is actually a man that is hunger for secrets.

 

“I’m not planning to keep any secrets from you. You are my boss. I cannot do that.” Jessica said.

 

“Yes, yes, that is true.” He puts the cup down after sipping a bit of coffee. “I guess my curiosity gets the best of me. Hearing that patient attacked a doctor and an officer, it suprised me.”

 

“Maybe she had mood swings?”

 

“For other patients, it’s possible. However, Kim Taeyeon hardly shows an emotion. I don’t think she had mood swings that day. I’m guessing, you did something.”

 

Jessica clears . “Like I said, Mr. Lee. I have not remembered perfectly about yesterday’s event. From what I know, I did nothing.”

 

Mr. Lee seems to believe her words. But, Jessica’s guess might not be right. He is a person that is hard to predict even for Jessica who is a good observer. “Since you’re Kim Taeyeon’s doctor, I’ll tell you this. She is a very special patient here in my facility. My client paid me a very huge amount money for her treatment here. However, my client was starting to doubt if her treatment was worth the value because there’s no progress. So, Dr. Jung, I do hope you’re not lying to me or else I’ll be the one losing money here.” Mr. Lee said. The way he spoke those last words sent chills through Jessica’s body. She was right about this man. He is no ordinary person. Something about him makes her feel nervous and afraid. Jessica knows his sweet smile is just to cover up his real persona. “I’m telling the truth. I do not lie.” She managed to answer with much confident. “Good.” Mr. Lee smiles while playing with the silver ring on his finger. “I guess our conversation here is over. I don’t want to force you too much since you’re still recovering.” He gets closer to Jessica and puts his hand on her lap, making her flinch a little. “Whatever you did, Dr. Jung, it is working. If you can cure Kim Taeyeon’s illness, I’ll shall give you a reward that will change your life. You may leave.” Once he pulls back his hand, Jessica quickly stands up from the sofa. “Thank you, Mr. Lee. Have a good day.” She then exits the office. The room becomes quiet except for the sound of the clock ticking. Mr. Lee looks at the table where the coffee for Jessica is left untouch. He smirks.

 

                Jessica let out a breath of relief. She feels like suffocating when she was sitting in that office with Mr. Lee. She didn’t want to think about it again. The engine starts and Jessica drives her car out from the parking lot to the front gate. Along the way, she passed a familiar building. It was the blok where Taeyeon’s room is. Usually, Taeyeon would stand in front of the window to look at the sunset. But, today, she isn’t there. Jessica sigh heavily as the thoughts about Taeyeon take over her mind again. Never once in her life, she becomes so attach to a patient. For other doctors, Kim Taeyeon is simply a patient that was hard to handle. But, in Jessica’s eyes, Taeyeon is like a locked box that needs a key. Jessica is determines to be that key. She opens the window of her car-letting the cold breeze brush her skin. She lit up her fourth cigarette of the day. The bitter taste and scent are too familiar for Jessica. She couldn’t wait to go home. Where she could enjoy those cigarettes and few cans of cold beer she’s been saving.

 

X

 

                Jessica founds herself in a garden full of beautiful flowers and trees. She was wearing a plain white dress while only being barefoot. The birds harmonized in whistling a song’s melody. Jessica was familired by the sound yet she couldn’t remember it well. She walks alone along the endless garden while enjoying the gentle breeze and the shine of the sun. It’s been a long time since she felt this; complete peace. She feels as if she would lay on that bed of flowers and sleep. The birds chirp. A few of it fly towards a place. Jessica didn’t know why but she feels that she need to follow where the birds go. After a while, she finds herself standing not far away from a small hill. The birds gathered around a teenage girl sitting on the ground. Jessica squint her eyes. Like the melody, the teenager seem familiar. Her black hair is long until it reaches half of her back and the plain white dress fit her slim figure. Jessica gets closer to her. Suddenly, the teenage girl stands up making Jessica stops. She slowly turns around; revealing herself. “Unnie.” She called with a sweet smile on her face. Jessica knows that beautiful girl so well. “Soojung-ah.” She could feel warm tears fall on her cheeks. “Y-You’re here.”

 

“Sica unnie.” She once again called while gesturing her hand, telling the older one to come closer.

 

“Soojung,” Jessica comes closer. “I’ve been wanting to see you, so badly.” She sobs.

 

“Well, I’m here for you, unnie.”

 

                Jessica comes by closer and closer while reaching out her hand to reach Soojung. Suddenly, she feels her legs caught on something. She looks down and see the flowers turn into black roses with sharp thorns. Her eyes widen when the thorny roots start to wrap her legs tightly.  She grunts in pain. “Soojung-ah, what’s going on-“ She looks up only to see Soojung standing there with some part of her dress are rip apart and dirt everywhere on the white fabric. Her face have some bruise with blood dripping down on her legs. “S-Soojung!” She tried coming closer but the roots wrapped her legs tightly that she couldn’t move. “Soojung!!” She shouted. She feels the roots pulling her down into the ground. She tries pulling herself away but it was useless. “Soojung, help me!” She cried. Soojung titled her head. “Who are you?” Half of Jessica’s body is already beneath the ground. She grip onto the roses to keep herself on the surface. She didn’t care the sharp thorns cutting through her skin. She was scared. She didn’t want to die. “I’m your sister, Jessica Jung! Jung Sooyeon! Y-You’re Jung Soojung! Krystal Jung!” Jessica screamed. The roots pull her harder making her to sink into the ground much faster. “Soojung!” She cried out, only her head now is on the surface.

 

“Krystal? Krystal is-dead.” Soojung said with a blank expression. Half of her face’s skin fall off showing her skull.

 

“No, no...NO!” Jessica sees the dark sky fading away while suffocating as her head is going inside the ground. She tries reaching her hand out but it was a useless effort. She was in complete darkness. She couldn’t breath. “Soojung!” She called before completely got pull into the ground. “Your fault.” The voice echoed.

 

                Jessica’s eyes shot open. She sits down on her couch and holds her thumping chest. “Jesus.” She took a deep breath then exhaled as much as she could to calm herself. “Oh God.” Jessica’s body is shaking and sweaty. The nightmare is too real for her. She looks at the coffee table. On top of it, there were few cans of beer, two empty boxes of cigerattes, an ash tray and a picture of her with her younger sister, Soojung. She must have drink too much again that she passed out on the couch. Of course, she would look at her late-sister’s picture and start to talk about the past. Jessica take a cigarette from the third box and put it between her lips. She was about to lit it up when her eyes see a potrait of Soojung hanging on the wall. She sigh heavily; knowing herself that she had take it too far. She burns the cigarette before throwing it into the ash tray. After that, she stands up to get herself a glass of water. She stumbles a bit but she was alright. “Ugh.” Jessica hissed when the cold water going down her dry throat. She leans her back on the kitchen’s counter and looks at the calendar. Today marks the fourth day Taeyeon was sent to the solitary confinement. No news. No nothing. Jin told her that he was trying his best but Jessica could not expect much. She’s so mess up. Taeyeon. The facility. The owner. Her friends. The lies. The unknown past. She didn’t know how long she will hold on to these. She holds her phone-staring on a certain contact name. She didn’t want to make them worried but she didn’t where-else to turn. Jessica ends up making a call to someone. It rings for a few seconds until her call is pick up. “Hello?” A gentle voice spoke.

 

“Umma.” Jessica’s tears fell as soon as she heard her sweet mother’s voice.

 

Oh, Jessica dear. Isn’t it midnight in Korea right now?” Her mother asked.

 

Mm, y-yeah, mom. It’s-already midnight.” She talked with a shaky voice. Jessica’s mother knows her daughter isn’t doing well.

 

What’s wrong, honey? Tell me.

 

Jessica begins to sob while slowly sliding down until she sits on the cold floor. “Everything, mom. Everything.” She cried.

 

It’s alright, Sooyeon. Mom’s here.

 

               

                The next morning, Jessica comes to work with another messy appearance. What makes it worse, she didn’t even bother to wear makeup to cover those swollened eyes of hers’. The doctors and officers stare at her when she pass by them. “Wow, she looks really up.” One of the doctors said while staring at Jessica from behind. “That’s the affect of having Kim Taeyeon as a patient of hers’. Who knows? Maybe she’ll end up getting crazy.” His friend said. They didn’t realize that officer Jin was secretly listening to their conversations. He sigh while looking at Jessica from a far. She is completely turn into a different person. She was not the Jessica Jung he knew. He straighten his back and walks away. Jessica is sitting alone in her office while staring outside the window. Her session won’t start until an hour after. Brrr. She looks at her phone on the desk and takes it. There was a new chat under an unknown number. She immediately knows who the person is. It was Hara. Since she works as a private detective, she didn’t allowed her client to save her other number. To her, it is a good way to avoid any troubles. She must have found something that Jessica asked for. Jessica opens her inbox and taps on the unread-chat.

 

[Hey, I found the information you needed. Meet at the usual place. Tomorrow night, 9pm.]

 

                Jessica bit her lower lip. This is it. This is what she needed to help Taeyeon. Somehow, through all the hardships she faced, God finally give her something in return and she was thankful for it. Jessica feels she regain a little of her fighting spirit back. The whole sessions for the day are better than these past few days. She is brighter and focusing on treating her patients. Things are going well for once. “See you again, Sica noona!” Jimin happily waves at her while hugging his new robot-toy tightly. “Okay, Jimin-sshi.” She waves at him too. The officer escorts him back to his room. Jessica organize the files on her desk and one accidently fall onto the floor. She bend down to pick it up but her hand stops when she sees the name. [KIM TAEYEON] She takes it and puts the file on top of her desk. The picture of Taeyeon is put at the front along with a paper filled with her basic informations. Jessica looks at the picture while tracing the tip of her finger on the self potrait of Taeyeon. “You made me crazy, you know that? But, I don’t really care. I-I will make you better. You’ll be alright. That’s my promise.” Suddenly, someone knocks on the door. Jessica quickly puts Taeyeon’s photo inside her desk’s drawer instead of putting it back inside the file. “Come in.” She said. “Hey,” Jin enters. “I have news for you.”

 

“What-news?” Jessica asked.

 

“I said I would consult with the owner. He gave the permission, to cut down Taeyeon’s punishment and she can go out from the solitary confinement.”

 

                As soon as Jessica heard the news, she feels her heart stops beating for a moment. Her eyes keep blinking; to make sure this isn’t just another dream of hers’. She stands up from the chair with her eyes never leaving Jin. “For real? She-She can go back?” Jin nod with a smile. “Since you’re her doctor, you’ll be the one to pick her up. I’ll be with you.” Jessica almost broke in tears of happiness but she remains her composure. “That means, I can go see her now, right?” Jin replies, “yes, you can.” Without wasting any time, Jessica loose up her hair bun and let her hair fall onto her shoulders. “Let’s go.” She said then exits the office. Jin walks together beside her. He leads her to another building not far away from the patients’ bloks. She could feel a different aura once she steps through the small gate. It’s a dark and creepy kind of aura. Seeing the tall, unpainted building is enough to make her feel nervous. They meet up with some officers on the front door. They enter the building after that. Inside, the hallways are only lighted with dim lights on top of the ceilings. Along the way, there are lots of metal doors with a small rectangle sliding door at the middle for food. The place is cold. Jessica got shock when a patient screams and start to bang on the metal door like crazy. “The patients are always like that.” Jin casually replied. Jessica shivers in fear. She swears she hear the patient clawing on the door. Imagining their nails fell off because of doing that made Jessica feel disgust, scared yet sympatize on them. They finally reach a door at the end of the hallway. Jessica’s heart beat fast knowing that Taeyeon is only behind that metal door. Jin turns around at her.

 

“Look, things might not be the same. She may have changes on her. So, prepare yourself.” He said.

 

“Okay, I’m ready.” Jessica took a deep breath and let it out.

 

“Alright. Open the door.” Jin ordered the officer. The older male nod and takes out set of keys to unlock the door. He inserts the key on the hole; unlocking it. Jessica feels harder to breathe. Jin pushes the metal door open-revealing Taeyeon sitting on the bed.

 

                Jessica looks at her patient’s condition in disbelief. Taeyeon’s short hair is completely a mess, her face is a bit skinnier, her skin and lips are pale because of the coldness. Even her forehead was bruised badly. Taeyeon’s body was wrapped and tied up tightly with what looks like somekind of belt and white cloth. Jessica’s knees become weak. But, she force herself to walk into the small cell. Taeyeon doesn’t seem to even bother her presence. Her usual blank, empty eyes staring at the floor. Jessica kneels in front of Taeyeon. Seeing the patient’s face up close almost teared Jessica up. However, she told herself not to cry. This is what she wanted so she should be happy. She reaches out to hold Taeyeon’s cheek. Her first reaction is feeling how cold her skin is right now, as if she was already dead. Jessica’s eyes travel down to the tight belts around Taeyeon’s body. She knows the woman doesn’t move much but it must have hurt her. Being restrained like that for days, her body must be aching so much. Jessica did not think twice and starts to unbuckle the belt. Both Jin and the officer got shock by her actions.

 

“Jessica, what are you doing?”

 

“She’s hurting, Jin. She was restrained for days. I have to help her.” Jessica replied while contiuning on unbuckling the belts.

 

“I know you’re her doctor. But, we are not sure if Taeyeon is stable and safe to be around with. She might attack again.”

 

“I don’t care.” She unbuckle the last belt. “I’m not afraid.” Jessica continues on by unwrapping the white cloth from Taeyeon’s body and throws it aside. She checks on her condition first. Other than having a few bruises and hygeine problems, Taeyeon is doing fine. Jessica sigh in relief. Thankfully, she didn’t get hurt. She looks at Taeyeon’s arm, where she marked Sunny’s name there. The marks are healing faster so the only letters left were S and N. An idea comes into Jessica’s mind. It was a crazy one but she is willing to give it a try. She didn’t care about the risk. She only thought, this is the time she is really going to help Taeyeon. She will pull Taeyeon out from the darkness of her own mind. Jin stare at Jessica from behind-completely not aware that what she’s about to do. Jessica stands up and leans close to Taeyeon’s ear. She prepare herself for anything that is coming to her. With all her courage, she whispers the name. “SUNNY.” Taeyeon’s eyes immediately widen. She push Jessica away causing her to fall on her . The two men at the door are stunned. The sound of Taeyeon’s rage breathing echo through the walls. She grunts and walk over to the near wall. She is about to bang her own head when Jessica stands up to stop her. She hold both Taeyeon’s arms while pushing her back. They want to help but Jessica shouts at them. “DON’T! DON’T HELP!”

 

“Are you crazy!? She’s going to hurt you!” Jin said. Jessica shook her head. “NO! DON’T HELP! JUST TRUST ME!” The man is hesitance. He  ends up deciding to let Jessica handle the situation although he is worried.

 

“AHH!” Taeyeon screamed with her deep voice. She is getting too rage that Jessica can no longer be able to restrain her. Taeyeon push Jessica again and the young doctor fall flat on the floor. She’s about to get up but Taeyeon holds her down and press her hard on the throat with her arm. Jessica begins to feel suffocated. “T-T-Taeyeon.” Jin and the officer once again try to help. They stop when Jessica hold out her palm; telling them not to come any closer. “D-Don’t.”

 

“Jessica!” Jin shouted.

 

“D-d-don’t.” Jessica’s face start to turn reddish. She needs air into her lungs quickly but Taeyeon is pressing harder on . She coughs loudly. Her eye sight becomes blurry. She could feel she’s about to pass out any second now. However, she is not planning to make that happen today. No matter what, she will not fail. Jessica gather all her strength to hold onto Taeyeon’s shoulders. “T-Taeyeon...” Her voice managed to call out. Taeyeon’s eyes are like burning flames. She choke on Jessica’s throat much harder making Jessica to grip stronger on her shoulders. “

 

“It's-It's...It's-“

To be continued.

A/N : Hey, fellow readers. :) First of all, thank you so much for subscribing, commenting and up-voting this story. I am grateful. I was planning to make this multishots with just two parts but I guess I ended up making a short fic instead. Anyways, this is the part 2. Sorry for any gramatical and spellings errors. It is 12.56 AM right now in my country. I'm really tired so I didn't actually do a whole checkup. Hopefully, you readers will enjoy. :D Of course, don't forget to support our Jessica's and Tiffany's solos this month. Maybe they'll meet up on stage again, who knows ?