Part 10

FOREVER: EP 2


Part 10 - Mistake

    

              “Yuri?” Jessica is bewildered by her friend sudden visit. She did not expect Yuri to come to her apartment especially with the extra patients she had to handle because of Jessica’s absence. “What are you doing here?” She asked. Yuri pushes her hair back – fully revealing her face and Jessica gasps in shock upon seeing the blood flowing through those nostrils. “S-, did I break your nose? Oh gosh.” She quickly approaches Yuri to help her stand back up on her feet. Yuri stumbles a bit because of the slight dizziness hitting her head but she manages to straighten herself. Yuri wipes the blood with the back of her hand. “If I’m lucky, I may just withstand your punch there and didn’t break my nose.” She commented. “That was definitely not a woman’s punch.” She added after experiencing the pain from colliding with Jessica’s fist straight on her face. The blonde woman chuckles awkwardly to loosen the tense. She feels nothing but embarrassment and guilt for overreacting earlier. She should’ve been more rational instead of acting like a total maniac that resulted into hurting an innocent visitor.

“I’m really sorry, Yuri.” Jessica apologized while escorting the tall woman into her apartment. She brings her to the kitchen and helps her to sit down at the dining table. “I have never expected anyone to come and see me especially during this time.” 

“I wasn’t expecting either.” Yuri commented and looks at Jessica. “But first, less talking or else my nose won’t stop bleeding.” 

“Oh, . Sorry!” The blonde hurriedly takes a roll of toilet paper from her cabinet. “Um, this is all I got.” 

“As long as I’ll stop bleeding. Thanks.” Yuri said before tearing the toilet paper and wipe the blood that’s coming out from her nostrils. The latter groans a bit because of the stinging pain she felt. “Damn, it looks really bad. I’ll take my first aid kit. Just stay here for a while.” Jessica said then left the kitchen to her bedroom. Well, it was not like Yuri would go anywhere besides staying there. She sits alone as she continues to wipe the blood away. She is too caught up with trying to stop the bleeding that she did not realizes a certain someone is staring at her from a far. They have forgotten another presence in the room. Taeyeon was focused at the show playing onscreen earlier on when she heard loud thuds (it was during the time Jessica had beat up Yuri) and got distracted. She begins to feel worried of what had happened outside; if her beloved doctor was doing fine. Jessica is alright that’s for sure. It is a relief to know she is fine but Taeyeon did not expected she would come in with someone else in her arms. She quickly hides her small figure behind the ‘safety’ of the couch and only watches the interactions between the two from the distance. She did feel curious of who was the unknown person or more precisely, Yuri’s identity. She did not fluster much until Jessica decided to walked away from there. Taeyeon could only stays silence (as usual) while nervously staring at Yuri’s every movement.

“Ouch.” Yuri hissed by the painful sting again. She clogged her nostrils with the toilet papers that she had balled up into small pieces to try to stop bleeding. Her nose is still aching. Not to exaggerate but her nose might have just crooked after the strong punch she received. The blonde may have small, delicate-looking hands but her fists felt like steel. As if an iron hit her face really hard – Yuri thought. She lays her sore back on the chair before opening her shirt to see if there is any bruises that was left on her skin. Taeyeon got surprise by the latter’s action to revealed her abdomen. Feeling embarrass, she quietly stands up from the couch and tries to leave to the bedroom but her clumsiness caused her to accidentally hit the coffee table with her foot. She lets out a high pitch squeal- attracting Yuri’s attention from the kitchen. “Sica-.” Yuri stops when she sees it wasn’t Jessica, instead it was another woman looking at her. An unfamiliar woman with silver or grey colored, short hair. They both stare at each other for a few seconds until Yuri screams out of the blue. 

“AHHH!” Taeyeon got starlet and fell down on the floor. “W-Who are you?” Yuri asked with a flustered tone. She looks at exposed body and quickly wears her shirt back on. She shouldn’t have just took it off in the first place without making sure someone else is in the room. Jessica rushes out with the first aid kit in her hand. “What happened? Why did you screamed?” 

Yuri turns to Jessica with her cheeks blushing. “I-I took my shirt earlier and I think- your friend got shock there.” She awkwardly replied.

“T-took your shirt off?” Jessica immediately turns at the other direction and sees Taeyeon laying on the floor, near the coffee table. The poor woman has her face red as a tomato. Who wouldn’t after randomly seeing a half- person? “Ah, Taeyeon-ah.” She walked towards her patient to help her. Yuri’s eyes widen upon hearing the name. “T-Taeyeon? Kim Taeyeon?” She stands up, not caring if she looks silly with the tissues in her nostrils and approaches the two women. She feels surprise when seeing Taeyeon’s new appearance. Well, the patient that used to be thin, messy and full of scars now looked pretty with her dyed, short hair and casual clothes instead of those jumpsuit. She looks almost ‘too normal’ in the fellow co-worker’s eyes. As if, she isn’t a patient anymore.

“Heaven sake, what did you do to her?” Yuri asked after a moment of getting speechless by Taeyeon’s looks. Her eyes are wide open as she stares directly at the short woman from head to toe. Taeyeon hides behind Jessica – her fingers tugging on the blonde’s shirt. Jessica smiles a little by the adorableness of her patient getting nervous. “Yul, you’re scaring my patient with your look.” She raised her eyebrows. Yuri clears and averts her gaze from Taeyeon. “S-sorry, I got surprise. I thought it was a friend of yours instead of Taeyeon. She looks really different, I didn’t recognized her earlier.” 

“Well, you’re not alone. I was surprised too. My best friend kind of- did a makeover while I went to see someone. Anyways, here you go.” Jessica handed Yuri the first aid kit. The latter thanked her before going back to the kitchen- not forgetting to take a glance at the woman hiding behind Jessica. Taeyeon lightly tugs at the blonde’s shirt to make her look. She shows a discomfort expression; lips slightly pouted and her eyes looked worried. If it wasn’t for Yuri here, she could have just pull Taeyeon into a tight hug for making that face. She gave a smile. “It’s okay, she’s not bad. She’s a friend from work. In fact, she used to took care of you before I did.” Taeyeon blink a few times and slowly nods her head. Jessica let out a chuckle while patting on her head. A smile appears from her patient’s lips as well. “I’ll go to the kitchen first and talk with Yuri for a while. Just continue watching the show, I’ll be right back. Okay?” Jessica softly said. Taeyeon looks a bit unsure to be left alone but seeing the sincerity in her doctor’s eyes when talking about Yuri earlier, she knows there won’t be any troubles. She nods her head then goes back to sit on the couch. She reaches for the half-bowl popcorn on the table and happily munches the small food. Jessica takes a few seconds to look at Taeyeon with the thought, ‘how can she be older than her?’ She looks younger and even acts childish sometimes, but those are the things that Jessica came to love about this side of Taeyeon. Despite the scars and pain inside, Jessica feels relief that Taeyeon can still managed a smile. The blonde quietly leaves the living room to the kitchen. She looks at Yuri whose busy treating her own injured nose.

“I’m really sorry about that, Yuri.” Jessica said and takes a seat opposite from the latter. “It looks bad. Maybe you should go to the hospital.” 

“Nah, I’ll be fine.” Yuri cheekily smiled. “I’ve been in a worse situation before. If anyone ask about this at work, I would just say I got in an accident again instead of answering the infamous, rookie physiotherapist named Jessica Jung punched me because she thought I was a kidnapper.” She teased. Jessica lightly laughs at the remark; thinking how silly and foolish she had acted earlier. Then, she remembered that Yuri was reaching out for the black bag before she had hit her. She must have wanted to give her something. “Hey, Yuri.” Jessica called to get her friend’s attention. “W-why did you come here? I saw you were reaching for the black bag earlier. I thought you must have wanted to get something. Is it for me?” She asked.

Yuri stares at her for a moment before letting out a soft sigh. “Yes.” She shortly replied. Jessica is about to speak again but stops herself when Yuri takes the bag from the floor and puts it on the table. Judging by the thudding sound, it seems to be quite heavy. “I came because Mr. Lee had ordered me to give you these.” Yuri said then opens the bag to reveal the things inside. She takes out a camera and a few recording equipment they usually use during sessions back at the facility. “He sent you a message. He said it’s been days, he wanted you to have a session with Kim Taeyeon and record it. The footage and voice record would be sent to him as a proof if your therapy really works with her. He wanted to see any progress or improvements you have made on Taeyeon.”  Yuri explained. Jessica got speechless for a short moment because of the unexpected news. The first thing that came to her mind was Taeyeon’s unstable emotions. She remembered how she went berserk when Jessica talked about the past. Although she seemed to get better now, she is still fragile inside. Jessica didn’t mind about her safety, but she didn’t want to hurt Taeyeon. It pains her to see the patient she loved to be mentally torture.

“I can’t.” She said under her breath but loud enough for Yuri to hear her. “Sica.” The latter’s eyes worriedly looking at her. Jessica clench her fists and looks at Taeyeon who is quietly watching the show. It aches her heart to see that calm young woman to get hurt again if they do the session. “I can’t do it. I don’t want to hurt her.” She turns to Yuri. “She may seemed fine, but she’s not. She’s still fragile and her scar is too deep. I just can’t-.” Jessica could not finish her words. She sighs heavily and leans on the chair with hurt written on her expression. “I know because we’re both just the same.” She spoke with a low, sad tone.

Yuri, herself, is also sighing. She glances at Taeyeon and turns her gaze back to Jessica. “It’s fine. I- I understand you just want the best for her. I feel the same too. It’s just not right to force a patient only for the sake of proving to that man.” Yuri lowered her head while biting her lower lip. Her eyes look concern. Jessica notices that expression and leans forward to be closer with the latter. She sees her fidgeting her fingers under the table. The blonde raise her eyebrows. “Yuri, is there something you’re not telling me?” She asked upon realizing the strangeness in her actions. The latter suddenly went nervous when she mentioned that she cannot afford to do a session with Taeyeon.

“Look, Jessica. If you really don’t want to do the session, it’s okay. You don’t have to always follow his order. You can always another time when Kim Taeyeon is prepare.” Yuri said, but the way she was talking sounded a bit odd. Jessica knew she was indeed keeping something from her.

“There is something you’re not telling me, isn’t it? Yuri, tell me.”

Yuri deeply breathes and looks at Jessica. She clasp her hands together under the table to calm her slight anxiousness. “Mr. Lee-,” She wet her bottom lip and clears . “He-mm, also told me to give you this-message.” 

Jessica could feel inside that she would be hearing something bad. No, perhaps much worse. She can sense that. But, despite what she feels, she have to hear it out even when her own heart denies it. Whatever it is, Jessica could only mentally prepare for it. She straighten her back and looks at Yuri in the eyes. “Tell me, Yuri.” She said in a serious voice tone. The truth is she scared of knowing that message.

Yuri nods. Those words of message is simple to say but she feels her tongue is twisting when trying to talk. After a few seconds of silence, Yuri finally speak. “Mr. Lee said- if you did not do the session or he didn’t see Taeyeon to have any sorts of progress and still in the same state as before, he would—shorten the period for Taeyeon’s treatment.” 

Jessica’s eyes widen. Did she heard it right or was she wrong? “W-what?” She feel her lips getting dry and her body slightly trembling. “What d-did he say?”

“He’ll shorten the period, Jessica. He said, you’re given two weeks to get Taeyeon to progress until she is able to talk instead of gesture responds. He assumed Taeyeon will at least can speak a few words by now. We both know it’s not possible since it’s only been a few days and she is not some ordinary patient to be handle. But, he still insisted with this since you seemed to be confident on being able to help Taeyeon the day you two made that deal.” Yuri paused and continues on. “He said he’s putting his bet on your skills. He’s risking a lot. That’s why he demanded to see the session video as a proof that he isn’t a fool to pass your request before.” 

Those words slowly sink into Jessica’s mind. She leans back on the chair with a dull look in her eyes. Why is Mr. Lee doing this to her? She knows the man is putting a lot with the request she made but his demand is too far. Taeyeon is too mentally and emotionally sick. Jessica need at least a week to open the patient’s heart into fully trusting her. Besides, she is currently in an unstable condition. Jessica cannot simply force Taeyeon or else she would get hurt even more. It’s only been days, how can she possibly reach that expectation in such a short time? The worst part is he even warned to cut down the time given, as if two weeks is not enough already. Jessica shut her eyes- trying to clear her mind. She has mix emotions because of this sudden demand. She is still taking it slow with Taeyeon and the real treatment barely started. She clench her fist – feeling the anger and disappointment rising inside. “Yuri, did he say- the time he would shorten my treatment?” She asked but her eyes did not look at Yuri. Instead, she stares at the table.

Yuri feels guilty to tell her the truth but she knows she could not hide it either. Jessica would keep asking anyways even if would cause even more depression. “He’ll—cut down for a week.”

A week. Jessica clench her teeth. A dry chuckle escape her lips. “That means, I’m left with four days left.” Four days. It’s impossible. She cannot cure Taeyeon within that time. The patient is too ‘deeply scared.’ To revert Taeyeon back to normal, to make her to be able to act and talk like she used to be, it can’t happen especially when a week is taken out from the treatment’s period. Jessica knows the only way to keep that one week is to do what he have demanded. To give the proof of Taeyeon’s progression. The young therapist looks at Taeyeon once more. It saddens her that she would see a horror, scare face of her after this instead of the serene one. How she hopes she won’t have to do this. But, it’s not something she can avoid. 

“I’ll do it.”

Yuri looks at Jessica in shock. “Are you serious? Do you—really want to do this?”

“There’s no other choice. If I refuse, then I’ve taken too much risk and I, myself, is already beyond of my capabilities right now. I hate it but I have to – if I want to help her cure.” 

“Jessica, have you think this thoroughly? Are you sure that you want to put her under this pressure?” Yuri worriedly asked. “She’s not ready. If you force her, she might-.”

“Yul,” Jessica cut her words before she managed to finish it. “Maybe it’s time. I can’t skip this out. I just can’t lose this chance. I don’t want to make another foolish mistake again.” She said. Her eyes show determination, but at the same time there is a tint of sadness and hurt behind it too. Yuri realized that. She wanted to argue with Jessica’s decision however she, herself, has no rights to do that. Taeyeon is her patient. “I still think it’s not a right thing to do. But, I’m in no authority to object what you want for your patient’s treatment.” She stands up from the chair and looks at Jessica. “I’m staying beside you in case she goes ‘crazy’ again. Just a reminder, I won’t hesitate to pin her down even if I have to be harsh.” Yuri said while crossing her arms.

Jessica sighs and gulps down. Her neck feels dry. “I k-know.” 

 

-

 

    Yuri helps setting up the equipment for the session inside the office while Jessica is in the living room. She is sitting next to Taeyeon on the couch – just quietly staring at her. Her mind have been fill with many doubts and questions since earlier. She keeps thinking if she is capable to pull this off. To make Taeyeon to talk again. Jessica considers herself as a rookie, she doesn’t have much of experiences and skills compare to the others. Yet, she is given to handle a very hard task. It didn’t mean she felt Taeyeon as a burden, no, she cares very much about her. But, what worries her at that moment is that will she able be to help her for sure? Can she make her talk and be normal on that same day? To prove to Mr. Lee that he is wrong? Jessica’s mind became hectic. She would be lying if the surprise task did not affect her spirit. It did. “Jessica,” Yuri called as she came out of the room. “The equipment is ready.” She said. Jessica nods with a heavy sigh. She turns to look at Taeyeon and reaches out to hold her small hand. Her heart feels burden that her skin becomes cold and sweaty. When Taeyeon looks at her, she forces a smile.

“Taengoo, it’s been days now.” She spoke with such a gentle tone. Her patient only stares, meaning she is listening. Jessica clears . “I told you, I’ll help, right? To get you out of that place. Remember?” Taeyeon slowly nods as a ‘yes.’ “So, to do that, we have to start your treatment- for real now. We’ll be doing a talk session and record it for the facility to inspect. If you make a good progress, then they think you’re getting better under my care. But, you have to answer and do as I say. Can you do that for me?” After a short moment of silence, Taeyeon gave a nod. Jessica feels a bit relief that her patient has willingly agree. At least, she doesn’t feel as if she force her too much to do this. 

“Yuri have set up the things in my office. We should start.” Jessica stands up from the couch first and held out her hand. “Come on.” Taeyeon did not hesitate to hold her hand and follows her therapist to the office. Yuri silently follows from behind. The three of them enter the office. The table in the middle have a mic and a recording machine while the camera is set beside it. “Sit here.” Jessica pulls the chair and Taeyeon oblige without any hesitation. She sits there while waiting for her doctor to grab a few files from her desk. She fixed her gaze on the wooden table to avoid having eye contacts with Yuri who stood only a few meters away. The latter sigh seeing the patient’s condition. “Are you sure you want to do this?” She asked Jessica once more. “I don’t think this is a good idea. You can always talk it out with Mr. Lee.”

Jessica sigh as she closes the drawer once getting the files. “Yuri, I know the man. This is just some kind of a game to him. He wanted to see the flaws in my decision. If I told him I cannot do this, he won’t hesitate to cancel our deal and put Taeyeon back into the hospital under another doctor’s care.” She bit the inside of her cheek. “I can’t let her go.” 

Yuri sigh softly. “Okay, just- don’t overdo it.”

“I’ll be fine.” Jessica gave a small smile before walking to the table. She sits down on the opposite side from where Taeyeon is sitting. She places the files down and opens her notebook that filled with many information she had gathered. “Now, I want to just relax.” Jessica didn’t forget to smile at Taeyeon to ease her mind. Her patient nods. With a deep breath, she turns on the recording machine and the video camera. Yuri stands a few meters behind her with her arms crossed. Inside her leather jacket, she had prepared something just in case anything happens.

“Doctor Jessica Jung with patient Kim Taeyeon. I am conducting the first session outside the facility. Ms. Kim is currently under my care and going through a treatment outside the hospital. This recording is a proof of the progression she have made.” Jessica looks at Taeyeon. She looks calmer than expected and it calms her anxiousness a little. “Alright, how are you today?” She began asking a few basic questions first. Unlike before, Taeyeon is giving good responds. She use nods and gestures to answer every Jessica’s questions. Yuri feels amaze upon seeing how much she have progressed since the last time she had met her. While under her care, the young woman barely move and would only blankly stare at the wall. She never respond, not even once. But then, things changed when Jessica came. Taeyeon becomes a person Yuri never have expected to be. She becomes a human again. 

‘You really did it, Jessica.’ She smiles a little. However, it did not lessen her worry towards the possible occurrence after this. 

Jessica is just the same as Yuri. She looks down at the notebook – realizing she should ask Taeyeon the questions about her past. Her hands trembles but not noticeable to her patient. The blonde wets her bottom lip as she holds her notebook tightly. “I’ll be asking another few questions for you. I just wanted to make sure you’re doing okay?” Taeyeon smiles and nods, meaning it is fine to continue on. Jessica feels the air somewhat heavier. Was it because she was too nervous? She needed to calm herself. She exhales and straighten her back. 

“Taeyeon, I wanted to ask you about,” She looks at the one sitting in front of her. “Sunny.” Taeyeon’s eyes widen. Jessica knew mentioning the name of her lover would affect her. Especially when the woman’s tragic death became the reason of her pain all these years. “Years ago, before you were put in the hospital, Sunny passed away. She was—your lover since high school and you used to live together. Am I right?” Jessica sees Taeyeon’s face getting paler over the question. Her fingers fidgeting under the table, eyes looking down and her lips look dry. However, she hasn’t lose it just yet. Taeyeon manages to give only a nod.

Jessica continues on. “I never get to know how she passed away. But, I have guessed the pain must be great for you since Sunny is precious to you.” Taeyeon once again nods. Her eyes become teary without her permission. She looks vulnerable, fragile. Jessica feels like stopping and just go hug her however she holds back. She have to act professional during this time no matter how much she loves Taeyeon. “Can you tell me what happened?” Taeyeon did not respond. Instead, she looks away.

“It’s okay for you to tell me, Taeyeon-ah. I’m your doctor, I’m trying to help you.” Jessica then remembers about Mr. Lee’s words. No responds, one week gone. “You’re scared of the past. I get that.” Her tone changed. It sounded strict and cold. Taeyeon slightly flinch by her voice as she closed her eyes. She is afraid if she turns around, she will meet a pair of empty, cold look instead of the caring one. The one she usually sees. “Taeyeon.” Jessica called with a louder voice after not getting a respond. “I want to help you. I’ve told you that multiple times, but if you keep being quiet and not talking to me. Then, I can’t do much for you. You can speak, don’t you?”

“Jess-.” Yuri bit her lip and turns away. She feels like stopping this in an instance because of Jessica’s changing demeanor. But, she could only stood there.

“Look, do you want to be put back in that room? To get yourself hurt by people like that officer before? To be trap in that place?” Jessica kept shooting questions with the same cold tone. Taeyeon slowly turns back at her doctor to meet with those unfamiliar look in her eyes. Jessica seems as if she is stranger. A different person. It scares Taeyeon. “Talk to me. What happened to Sunny? Why are you traumatized by that? I need an answer.” 

    Taeyeon hung her head low, staring at her shaking hands that were clenching on her shirt. She closed her eyes again and tries to bring herself to answer. She forced her mind to try remembering back to that night where it happened. The tragedy that caused Sunny’s life. It was a past she wishes she never have to look back again. A dark memory she have completely block. She clenched her fists until her skin turn white. It was blurry but Taeyeon could hear the sounds. The voices. The unclear images. She opens to try speak to out what she sees. Her lips trembling and tongue froze to say the words. But, she keeps on forcing herself. Jessica, on the other side, is anticipating with her heart racing. ‘Come on.’ Taeyeon breathes in deeply. She began to get clearer images of the memory. Her head hurts but she did not stop. 

Rainy day, street, lights, car, a loud crash. A voice- a soothing one – speaking to her. A cold hand holding her cheek. A familiar, sweet smile on her face. ‘I want to say I’m sorry and I love you FOREVER…’ Then, it hit her. Taeyeon could see a pool of blood. The person she love and cherish the moment breathed out her last breath. She held her body tightly as she called her name so many times until felt painful. But, she never opened her eyes. She did not move at all. Taeyeon did not stop calling. She was hoping her lover would wake up again and say it was a joke. Another one of her pranks. She just wanted Sunny to wake up again. Wake up. Wake up. “SUNNY!!!”

    Taeyeon abruptly open her eyes and holds her head. Tears flow down on her cheeks as her whole body trembles uncontrollably. “U-Uh…” She shook her head while pulling her short hair. “Uh! Uh!” She grunted even louder. Jessica did not wait any longer to get off from her seat to quickly approaches her patient. “Taeyeon-.” Before she could even touch her, Taeyeon suddenly stands up with wide eyes and heavy breathing. She lowly grunts with her hands pulling her hair and head shaking. Jessica gulps and cautiously step closer to Taeyeon. “H-Hey, it’s me. Jessica.” She softly spoke. “C-calm down, it’s just me. I-I’m sorry that I forced you. I shouldn’t have done that.” She tried reaching for her hand but Taeyeon slaps her arm away in an instant. She backs away as she cries. Yuri is about to get close but Jessica signals her not to. ‘Let me handle it.’ She mouthed so the latter stops. She once more look at Taeyeon. “I’m sorry, Taeyeon. I didn’t mean to h-hurt your feelings. Just come here-.” She is a few inches away from holding her when Taeyeon pushes her away. It was sudden that Jessica falls flat on the floor. “Taeyeon!” She shouted when her patient ran out of the room. 

“!” Yuri did not waste any time and chases Taeyeon. Jessica hurriedly stands back up to get out as well. Taeyeon broke a vase then grabs the shattered piece of glass in her hand. She is about to cut her wrist but Yuri came just in time to stop her. She hold both her arms then pins her down on the floor. Yet, Taeyeon did not give up. She struggles to be loosen from the strong grip of the latter. Jessica came into the living room. “Yah, hold her!” Yuri shouted. Jessica is about to hold her frantic patient but Taeyeon managed to be release from Yuri’s hold when she kicks her stomach. “Ouch!” She rolls to the other side. “Yuri!” Jessica jumps on Taeyeon before she could attempt to hurt herself again. She pins her down with all her might. “Taeyeon! Listen to me! Calm down!” She screamed. She wanted to wake her up. However, it fails to reach her patient. Taeyeon struggles even more that her hand starts to bleed from holding the sharp glass too tight. Her arms move around causing Jessica to have harder time to hold her down. Without a warning, the glass accidentally cuts Jessica’s right cheek while Taeyeon is struggling. The blonde groans loudly because of the pain. She loses her focus on her strength- giving Taeyeon the chance to pushes her off. Jessica lands on the floor and the frantic woman runs to the door.

“Hey, Sica. I brought us-.” Hara walks in without any clues of what happened. She got surprise when she sees the whole situation. “What the-!” She couldn’t finish when Taeyeon is running at her direction. She immediately let go of the plastic from her hand to stop her from running. She grabs Taeyeon tightly to hold her on the spot. Jessica acts quick by helping to hold Taeyeon’s legs so she won’t easily get loose. Taeyeon grunts loudly while continuing to struggle. Yuri stands up from the floor and approaches them while grabbing the needle from inside of her jacket’s inner pocket. She aims for the arm before she injects the medicine. Slowly, Taeyeon starts to get weak and stops struggling. She falls into Hara’s arms with her head laying on her shoulder. 

“Finally.” Yuri breathes heavily. Jessica stands up to look at the sleeping Taeyeon. Her cheeks are stain with tears and her palm is bleeding. An immediate huge guilt rush into Jessica’s heart. What was she thinking? Why did she ever thought forcing her would make her talk? She feels so awful. She feels she is such a bad person to do this to the woman she loves and cares for. A tear falls from her own eye. 

“I’m sorry, Taeyeon.” 

 

 

-

 


    After the chaotic situation, Jessica stays in the living room while Hara helps with the cut on her cheek. Yuri is inside of the bedroom to check on Taeyeon. “I never seen you get cut since the day you fought that upperclassman. You-were always too tough that those hoes can barely touch you.” Hara said, reminiscing the past where the two used to be in a gang back at high school. Jessica was their leader while she was her trusty, right-hand girl. Those days they did lots of troubles but they were not bad people since Jessica was the type to protect weak students from other bullies. That woman always put someone else first than her. “People were scared of you. They called you with scary nicknames. But, you always have good intentions from the beginning. Although to others what you do looked bad, but all you did were meant for good.” Hara gently sticks the bandage on her cheek and looks at her best friend. Jessica keeps quiet while hugging her knees. Hara sigh. “Are you feeling bad again about Taeyeon?”

The blonde-haired woman burry her face. “It’s my fault she got hurt. What was I thinking? Why did I even forced her when I knew she was still fragile? I’m such an awful person.”

“Yah, it’s not your fault. You’re just trying to help, right?” Hara pats her shoulder. 

“That’s the problem. When I did this job, I felt like I was helping people. I was doing good deeds. But, in the end, I would always stuck somewhere. I met a dead end, just like with Krys-.” Jessica stopped. She clench on the sleeve of her shirt. “This is what I am. I tried helping but it never works.”

Hara sighs softly and scoots closer to sit next to Jessica. She put her hand on the blonde’s head, gently patting it. Jessica feels her eyes tearing over the soft gesture. “You’re such an idiot.” Hara leans her back on the couch. “Sometimes, I felt mad at you because you never cared about yourself. You would think of others first even when those people were completely strangers or ended getting scared of you.” She said. Jessica only stays quiet as she listens. “You’re willing to get hurt. You didn’t give a about the pain you felt as long as you’re able to protect the people you cared of. At first, I just think you’re just an idiot for dragging yourself into danger. Always looking out for troubles. But, I changed my mind. You’re not bad. The things you did were not mistakes. You only wanted the best including now. You just wanted to take good care of Taeyeon and not bring her back to that sick place. All you did is to protect her even when you have to face it alone.” Hara remember back the day they first met. It was years ago but the memory was still so clear to her. 

 

“Ah!” Hara screamed in pain when one of the huge, tall girls kicked her on the stomach. She was walking home from school when a few high scholars stopped her and dragged her into an alley. They forced her to give them money or else they threatened to beat her up. It just so happened Hara did not have any money at the time. So, she ended up getting punched on the face. Before she could realized how serious the situation was, she was already on the ground; getting kicked by the trio. Her eyesight was getting blurry and she knew she would passed out soon until she heard someone shouted a ‘YAH.’ She opened her eyes and saw a figure. It was a girl. She knew that uniform. It was from a school next to hers. She held her stomach as she tried to sit to have a better look. 

“Yah, who the are you?” One of the bullies said.

“Tsk, you guys were bullying. I can’t simply passed just like that.” She replied rather calmly. Hara blinked a few more times to adjust her sight and she finally saw the unknown girl’s face. She had orange-colored hair and a small, thin body. She was way much shorter than those bullies. But, why didn’t she feel scared at all? Her face looked calm.

“Mind your own business, middle scholar!” The tallest one spit out and it almost hit the girl’s shoe. The trio laughed at her when they saw she hung her head low. “Pch, she only knows how to say bulls! Trying to threaten us!” 

‘Oh no…’ Hara didn’t know why she cried. Was it because the savior she hoped for couldn’t save her from this situation? That was her thought. She silently tear up and the bullies saw that. “YAH! You guys! She’s crying! Oh my god, so ing pathetic!” They laughed even louder. “Yah, student! Scared of us? Yeah, you should. You little !” The nearest one kicked Hara’s face that she fell back on the ground. She prepared herself when she saw the high scholar raised her leg to kick her again but it never came. She opened her eyes after she heard a loud thud. She looked up to see the orange-haired girl punching the one that kicked her. She then turned around to punched and kicked the other two until they fell.

“RUN!” She shouted while pulling her up. She hurriedly grabbed the bag and pushed it onto Hara’s chest. “RUN! NOW!” She desperately shouted. Without any words, Hara do as she was told. She ran. ‘S-She saved me.’ Hara thought. She turned around to see the girl struggling to fight the three high scholar. She was strongly punched on the face that she fell down. But, she got back up on her feet. “Is that all you got?” She screamed with a smirk. Hara watched in awe as she fought those trio. 

‘I don’t understand. She was much shorter. Smaller. Why isn’t she scared of them? She could’ve avoid but w-why did she came to save me instead? Why?’ 

    “Come on!” One of the bullies said and they ran off after getting injured badly. “YEAH! RUN AWAY! YOU S!” The girl shouted and laughed. Hara came out from her hiding place to approached her savior. She stopped on her track when the girl turned around- revealing her badly bruised face and knuckles. Her uniform had blood stains and dirt. Despite her condition, she still managed to smile. Hara’s eyes sparkled with amazement seeing the brave girl. “Y-you came from the school next to me, right? W-what’s your name?” The girl tiredly asked. Hara gulps nervously and replied. “My name is-is Hara.” She looked at the girl once more and saw her smiling brightly at her. “Jessica, the name’s Jessica.” 

‘Jessica…huh?’ 

“Now, if you excuse me- I-,” Jessica suddenly fell but Hara managed to caught her in her arms. 

“A-are you okay?” She asked with a panic tone. However, Jessica managed to chuckled and looked at her. 

“S-sorry, would you mind bringing me home? My legs felt like jelly.” She lightly laughed. Hara could not help but to smile as well. “Sure.” The two walked together towards the neighborhood not far away from there. They were quiet along the way until Hara spoke. “Why did you came? I mean, you could have avoided it. You didn’t need to save me back there since I’m- just a stranger.”

Jessica hummed for a short moment. “I don’t know. I just can’t stand it. I just went for it.” She casually answered. “There’s nothing wrong to help when someone is in need. I won’t mind getting hurt. Besides, we’re friends now.” 

“F-Friends?” Hara raised her eyebrows.

“You know my name. I know your name. Doesn’t that make us friends?” Jessica smiled. Hara smiled back and nodded. “I guessed so.”

 

 

“I get that you wanted to protect Taeyeon. But, there are things you can’t just do on your own.” Hara said. Jessica lifts her head and lay on her chin on her arms.

“You want me to bring her to see Tiffany and Yoona, isn’t it?” She straighten her back. “What if Taeyeon’s emotion is not stable enough to handle it? They haven’t met for almost three years. Reuniting back can caused her to remember the past again and she might can’t control her feelings.”

“How would you know that will happen?”

“I- just guessed it. Taeyeon is still too weak inside. Even today, I hurt her feelings by forcing her to try and talk. I felt if I bring her to see them, she would reacted differently instead of what they have expected. They’ll end up getting hurt as well.” Jessica said as she stared at the empty wall. 

“Well, you won’t know unless you gave it a chance.” Hara looks at the portrait hanging on the wall. She knew that familiar face very well. In fact, they were close with each other. “I remembered when you lose her. You locked yourself in her bedroom for days. You refused to eat, drink and would laid on her bed. You said if you smell her scent, it would be less hurt and it felt like she was still here with us.”

“Why are you suddenly talking about her, Hara? It’s in the past.”

“A past you couldn’t move on. I’m your best friend, you can’t lie to me that you’ve forgotten about it. It still lingers in your mind.” Hara paused for a few short moment. “When my mother died, you were there for me. You accompanied me until I was able to get myself back together again. When you lose her, I tried doing the same thing for you. I did my best to get your spirit back.” She looks at Jessica. “What I’m saying is, you might think Taeyeon would get hurt. But, what she actually needed right now is support. As many as she could have especially from the ones she is close to. I’m not an expert but I’ve experienced the feeling of losing someone I cherished. She’s just the same as us. I trust you but there are things you just can’t do on your own.”

Jessica stays silence for a while until finally she came to a decision after thinking about what Hara have said. She stands up. “I’m going to make a call.” She grabbed her phone then walks outside to the balcony. Hara was right. Taeyeon needed more people to support her. Forget about Mr. Lee, Jessica only wanted to cure her patient. She wanted to do the same thing as she did with Hara. To help her shattered heart back together again and amend her deep scar. 

 

 

-

 


    Night falls, Taeyeon slowly open her tired eyelids and sees the bedroom’s ceiling. She blink a few times as she tried to remember when she had fallen asleep. She flinch in pain when she moved her hand. Slowly, she raises her arm to look at her injured palm. Yuri had helped to put the bandage on earlier. It did not take long for Taeyeon to recalled the incident that happened before she passed out. She went out of control again, just like when she was in solitary confinement. She remembered trying to cut herself with a sharp glass when Jessica and Yuri came to stopped her. Her eyes widen when she remembered that she had cut Jessica on the face while she was struggling. She looks beside her when she felt a slight movement. Jessica is sitting on a chair while her head laying on the bed. Taeyeon sees the bandage on her right cheek. Tears slowly stream down onto her cheeks after realizing what she had done. She hurts her beloved doctor. Jessica stirs from her sleep when she hears low sniffles. “H-Huh?” She lifts her head up and surprise to see Taeyeon crying silently. She immediately awakes from her sleep and tries to approach Taeyeon but the young woman shook her head.

“T-Taeyeon-ah, are you okay? W-What’s wrong?” Jessica worriedly asked. Taeyeon shook her head and looks at the bandage on her cheek. Jessica notices that. “No, no, it’s alright. I’m fine.” But, Taeyeon keeps shaking her head while crying. 

“Taeyeon-ah,” Jessica slowly gets closer. “It’s not your fault. It’s mine. I shouldn’t have forced you earlier. I hurt your feelings and I deserved that. You didn’t do anything wrong.” She holds Taeyeon’s injured palm and gently kissed it. “I’m sorry, Taengoo. I really am.” She, too, had tears running down from her eyes. She gently pulls Taeyeon into her arms and hugs her with a painful heart. Taeyeon lays her face on her shoulder and cries. Jessica holds her tighter. “I’m really sorry.”

    After a while, Taeyeon finally calms down and stops crying. Both of them lay next to each other with Jessica hugging her waist and her head is on her shoulder. Jessica didn’t feel nervous or awkward by the position. Somehow, she gotten used to it. It felt normal. It felt serene. Just hearing Taeyeon’s calm breathing and feeling the warmth of her body, it slowly washes her guilt away. She turns to look at Taeyeon’s face and a smile spread across her lips when she see those adorable yet beautiful eyes looking at her. “Hey, I want to bring you to a place. It’s—a special place for me. Do you want to go?” She asked. Taeyeon thought about it and nods her head. “I know you’ll love it.” They get ready with Jessica helping Taeyeon to put on a jacket. It was an oversized hoodie so she appears to look smaller wearing it. Jessica even put a scarf on her to keep her warm. “Come on, let’s go.” She casually held her small hand and interlaced their fingers as they exit the apartment. Since it was 3 in the morning, there weren’t many people. They safely walk to the car without others seeing the bandages on them and leave to a familiar place that Jessica always went to when she was younger. A special place that she wanted to share with Taeyeon. They drove for about an hour until they reached a quiet place on a hill. 

    When they exit the car, they are welcomed with the cold yet soothing breeze. “Look.” Jessica pointed at the front. Taeyeon looks at the direction and her eyes sparkled with amazement when she sees the beautiful view of Seoul’s city from above. She can see the flickering, colorful lights from buildings and streets. The people and vehicles look small which fascinate her. The dark sky is beautiful with the bright stars decorating its’ background. Taeyeon smiles widely. Jessica gets onto the back of her car and sits on it. “Hey, come here and sit.” She called out. Taeyeon walk towards her then sits close to her beloved doctor. She naturally lays her head on Jessica’s shoulder as the two enjoy the view of the city. They did not mind the cold because of the warmth they shared. They didn’t spoke a word for a while until Jessica starts to a conversation. “Do you know why I brought you here? This place was actually our hangout place. Me and my sister, Krystal.” Taeyeon looks at Jessica after she says that. The blonde-haired woman smiles. 

“Krystal was my younger sister. We were years apart but—that didn’t stop us from being close. We’re different, me and her. I was a troublemaker and she was an excellent student. Our parents always compared us.” She chuckled. “Yet, Krystal always thought we weren’t different. She always told me, we were just the same; a copy of a copy she quoted. Our parents were always busy with work. So, she ended up getting bored just being at home. So, one day, during the summer. I found this place. I thought she would love it since she always liked seeing beautiful sceneries. That night, we rode my scooter here and enjoyed watching fireworks. It was a fun, beautiful memory I shared with her. Afterwards, we always came here whenever we felt like we wanted to get away from other people. Just the two of us enjoying one another’s company.” Jessica paused as she stares at the view. “I wish we had never stopped coming here.” She whispered but loud enough for Taeyeon to hear her. Jessica turns to look at her. “Whenever you feel hurt or trouble, don’t hesitate to tell me. I’ll wait though for you to get ready and finally talk about your feelings. I don’t want to—make the same mistake again. I want to help you and I want to do it in a right way.” What happened next is unexpected. Jessica’s eyes widen.

 

 

 

Taeyeon have kiss her lips. 

 

 

 


    It was just a short, soft kiss. But, it manages to make Jessica’s heart to beat so fast. Her cheeks flushed into red color as she stares at Taeyeon with an unbelievable expression. “T-T-Taeyeon-ah.” She stuttered. She feels her thumping chest is loud that the sound might sound clear. Taeyeon sweetly smiles at her while holding her cheeks. The wind suddenly blows, blocking Jessica’s hearing. But, she sees Taeyeon’s lips move. She couldn’t hear her voice however she saw her mouthed ‘I love you’ at her. Jessica feels as if everything around her stops moving. In her eyes, she can only see Taeyeon and her beautiful smile. She hears only her heart beating fast inside her chest. She didn’t understand what just happened earlier between them. A kiss. A confession. Jessica becomes unsure of what Taeyeon’s thoughts about her and what kind of relationship they are in now. But, one thing for sure she has fallen more in love with Kim Taeyeon.

 

-

 


    They walk at the near park while holding hands. Jessica could not stop staring at Taeyeon ever since she have kissed her earlier on. The sweet taste and soft lips still lingers although it was just a short one. But, that one simple kiss made her heart beating crazily and it is all because of the woman walking next to her. “Taeyeon-ah.” She called and they stop walking. Taeyeon looks at her with a questioning expression. Jessica couldn’t help but feeling embarrass to look her in the eyes especially after what happened. She clears to ease her anxiousness. “You know, the day I went out, I was seeing a few people. They are kind and—very caring.” Jessica said and Taeyeon continues to listen. “I thought about it earlier and—I think you should meet them too. I’m sure they will be really happy to see you. Would you like to meet them?” Taeyeon nods her head to the question and Jessica smiles. They keep on walking until they reach near a lake. Taeyeon froze when she sees a familiar woman with long, red hair sitting on the bench not far away. 

“She’s been missing you. You’re best friend. She missed you a lot.” Jessica said. “Tiffany.” She called. Tiffany heard her name and turns around with a smile that soon fades after seeing someone so familiar to her standing next to Jessica. Yoona, who was standing to her, also got surprise by Taeyeon’s presence. Tiffany stands from the bench and slowly approaches them. Her legs feel weak. Her tired eyes suddenly feel fresh and tears come running down her cheeks without her realizing. “T-Tae? I-Is it y-you?” Her lips trembled and her voice is shaky. Yoona only stays behind without saying a word. She is speechless to say a thing. “Tae?” Tiffany reaches out to touch her cheek and Taeyeon flinch at the sudden touch. 

“Taeyeon. Y-You idiot.” Tiffany lightly hits her shoulder, eyes breaming with tears. “Y-you idiot. You idiot!” She hit her again. “Where have you been all these time? Where did you go? Do you know how many years I spent looking for you? How much I worried? I-I, damn it!” Tiffany cried. Taeyeon just stands there, still staring at her best friend with teary eyes. “I miss you. For years, I tried searching for you. B-but, I couldn’t find you. I-I’m sorry… I-.” Tiffany stops talking when Taeyeon suddenly hugs her tightly. She silently cries on her shoulder with her arms holding her desperately. Tiffany hugs her back. She miss this. She miss Taeyeon’s warmth. Her natural scent. Her short arms hugging her. The best friends cry while holding each other after years being separated. Jessica smiles weakly while getting teary herself. “F-, I’m getting emotional.” Yoona said before covering her face with her hand as she, too, cries. It was an emotional night for them. To finally meet and be in each other’s company. It was a cold and windy night. Oddly enough, it feels so warm to them. As if, it feels like spring after a long time of winter because they now have one another.


It is indeed a beautiful reunion. 

 

 

TBC


 

A/N: Hello! Finally, PART 10 is updated! I’m so glad I could finish it! T.T My back hurts but it was worth it. I want to apologized for the late update. I was supposed to post it yesterday but I decided to add the reunion part at the end. :) I felt emotional when writing this one especially the last scene. It’s an inspiration I got after hearing ‘Rain In The Spring Time’ by Gfriend. Anyways, finally they reunited once more after three years *cries* & I hope you’re satisfy with the kiss *smirks.* The next update will be two weeks from now, I’ll try finishing it and post it on time if I can. As always, thank you for the subs, votes and supportive comments. You readers became my reason to continue on writing. I really appreciate those beautiful comments you sent me. I will work harder :D Thank you, hope you enjoy it and have a nice day! 

P/S: Good news! I got my final exam’s result a few days ago and thank God I passed with flying colors. There is a C+ but I managed to get 3 A’s. So, my pointer is above 3.00. *CHEERS* It’s because some have gave me lots of support through comments and messages! So, thank you! I’m a happy potato!