PART 8

FOREVER: EP 2

Part 8

 

            Jessica sits on the pink long, leather sofa while Stephanie sits on the single one. It took quite the time to calm the red-headed woman after she heard about long-lost friend is still alive and doing well. Her tears just couldn’t stop falling. Jessica learnt under the strict-boss persona, she was actually a softy person inside. Thankfully, the doctor managed to get her to stop crying which did took a lot of pampering and such. Stephanie sniffs – wiping her last remaining tears pooling in her eyes before finally looking at Jessica. This time, she keeps herself compose and didn’t let her emotion burst again like earlier. She clears before giving a polite yet weak smile to the blonde. “I’m sorry, I-never appropriately introduced myself.” She chuckles to lighten up her own mood. “Perhaps you already know who I am. I’m Stephanie Hwang, but you can just call me Tiffany. You are?” Jessica quickly position herself to sit with her back straight. “I’m Jessica Jung, just call me Jessica.” She introduced herself along with a head bow.

 

“Considering the name, you must be an American-Korean.” Tiffany said and Jessica only nods as an approval of her statement. She lower her eyes to look at the empty coffee table, a heavy sigh escaping her pink-lips. “You know, when you first mentioned Taeyeon’s name, I thought I was in a some-kind of a dream. I was constantly tired so I would’ve think that I had fallen again in my office as usual.” Jessica did not give a reply. She lets Tiffany to continue on talking. “But then, I heard it. You said her name twice and that moment I knew I wasn’t dreaming at all.” The red-headed woman turn her gaze back to Jessica, her eyes glistening with tears without her permission. “Is it…really true?” She swallows the lump in . “D-do you really know her? Kim Taeyeon? Did you meet with her, for real?”

 

Jessica purse her lips into a thin line. She nods her head again to answer the question from Tiffany. “I’ve met her about a month ago. We have a close relationship and she’s very attach to me considering I’m the only person she have a trust on.” She stops talking for a moment. “Y-you said that Taeyeon was forcefully taken away from you, am I right?”

 

“Yes, she was under our care until a few men with black suit barged into my home one day and took her away from us. I had been searching everywhere for her. I didn’t want to involve the polices so I did all the work with a friend of mine. We did our own search. But, we never have the luck to find where she is. Well, until you came.”

 

Upon hearing Tiffany’s story, Jessica feels more curious about this mystery relating to her patient. Hara and hers’ expectation was right. Something was off. There are more things that she didn’t know about Taeyeon. Those men Tiffany mentioned earlier must had kidnapped her for a reason, or because of someone. The fact that Tiffany never found Taeyeon’s whereabouts for three years, it was clear that many people were involved in covering her identity as a secret. It’s impossible not to have rumors spreading around since Taeyeon is an infamously known patient from the facility and that place is popular among the public. Surely, Tiffany would have heard about her best friend a long time ago. Whoever this person that wanted to have Taeyeon under the radar must have a huge influence to have men doing his or her work. Jessica knows Tiffany deserves to be reveal the truth about where Taeyeon is all these times and of course, her current mental condition. Hopefully, the red-headed woman is ready to hear it all.

 

“I never finish my introduction properly earlier.” Jessica said and it earns a questioning look from Tiffany. “I’m actually a psychotherapist and Kim Taeyeon, your best friend is assigned as a patient of mine about a month ago.”

 

Tiffany have her eyes widen in shock when she heard the statement from Jessica. “E-Excuse me? A-a what?”

 

“I am-Kim Taeyeon’s doctor. She is a mentally ill patient and she is currently being treated in the facility where I work.” Jessica gave a clearer explanation.

 

“Oh God,” Tiffany gasps; trying to cope with the new information she had just received. She leans her back on the sofa and massages her temples. “For three years she was gone missing, out of places, she is sent there.” Tiffany chuckles bitterly. “At a mental hospital with a bunch of other lunatics.” She feels like laughing to herself for being pathetic. Everything today seem to be a rollercoaster to her. Her emotions – from happiness to sadness than guilt – mix together inside. She could imagine Taeyeon being surrounded by strangers that have no sanity left in them. All those problematic minds all around her. If she knows where Taeyeon is, she could’ve come to save her earlier before. She would never have left her true friend trapped behind thick walls and live a life with no sorts of freedom. Yes, it makes her laugh; laugh at her own mistake for not taking care and protect Taeyeon like she should.

 

            Jessica clearly sees all those emotions in Tiffany’s face. She, too couldn’t help but feeling guilty for having to tell this woman that awful truth. Reality can sometimes be , she is aware of that. But, she did not want to keep a secret from Tiffany anyways. She have been searching for a long time to find Taeyeon and she have the right to know all of what happened in Taeyeon’s life while she was gone missing. Jessica scoot closer towards Tiffany and she bravely holds the hand of the woman she just knew. Tiffany looks at her and the blonde smiles. At that moment, they feel as if they’re old friends – sharing the same emotional wreck. It’s funny how Jessica’s soft gaze manages to calm Tiffany’s heart. They barely known about each other yet they understand one another. They care for Kim Taeyeon. “I’m sorry, it must be hard for you to take all of this at once.” Jessica apologetically looks at the person sitting beside her. Tiffany nods weakly. “It does. But, I do not regret. At least, I get to know where Taeyeon is all these years. When those men took her, I was afraid. I was scared that they might kill her or harm her. Her condition was getting worse at the time, she won’t fight back even when she was in trouble. That’s why I immediately search for her because I wanted for her to be safe.”

 

“I see.” Jessica lightly pats on Tiffany’s hand. “You must be really worried about her right now. So, I will tell you the good news.”

 

“Good news?” Tiffany arched her eyebrow as she asked.

 

“Yes. Taeyeon is currently living with me at home. She is temporarily transferred out from the facility to be treated outside. I talked to the owner about it and he approved my request. So, Taeyeon is safe from any harm.”

 

The news made the red-headed woman to let out a sigh of relief. It’s good to hear that Taeyeon is away from those dangerous patients. She would be at least be safe under Jessica’s care. However, there’s still something that bothers her – Taeyeon’s current condition. “May I ask something?”

 

“Sure, what is it?”

 

“How’s her condition? You said that Taeyeon is a patient. I wanted to know her illness.”

 

“Oh.” Jessica wetted her lips. “Actually, her doctors before can’t properly diagnose what’s her mental-illness. She developed the behavior where she did not talk or respond to anything. During sessions, she would only blankly stare at random directions, shifting her positions once in a while. That’s all to it. She ignores the people that asked her questions, the ones trying to help her. Besides that, she constantly hurts herself. She would cut her own arms and wounded her skin with scissors.” The doctor is sure she sees Tiffany almost fainted hearing these. She feels worried that she’s taking too much at once. Tiffany holds her chest then deeply breathes in. She turns her gaze at Jessica; signaling her to just continue. “Many doctors quit because they weren’t able to help her. I almost gave up too. I couldn’t find the way to make Taeyeon to at least respond to me. To make me know what’s in her mind until I managed to break something inside of her. I assumed it’s her past that I had revealed. She-mm, carved the same name on her arm. Others said it meant nothing but I knew it was more than just a name because when I said that name, she-responded.” Jessica curiously looks at Tiffany. “Do you perhaps know who is Sunny?”

 

“Lee Sunny. Of course, it had to be because of her that Taeyeon was like that.” Tiffany said.

 

“So, you do know her?” The red-headed woman nods and Jessica feels her heart rate is increasing at the moment. Finally, her curiosity will be answer today. She’ll be able to know more about Taeyeon and she could help her get through the hardship she felt all these years. Jessica might succeed in the task Mr. Lee gave to her. “Can you please tell me about Sunny? I-think I can help Taeyeon if I know about her past.”

 

“I’ve promised myself that I will hide about this from people. But, if you can really help Taeyeon and get her back again, I’ll tell you.”

 

“Tiffany, trust me. I can help her.” Jessica reassured her.

 

Tiffany stares at her for a while and heave a sigh. “I believe in you.” They both smile at one another. She rest her arms on the arm rest of the sofa. “Sunny was Taeyeon’s lover. She was her girlfriend since high school. They dated for almost six years if I am not mistaken. Well, same gender relationship is not really an acceptance here in this country. Many still have issues about it including Taeyeon’s father.”

 

“Taeyeon’s father?”

 

Tiffany nods. “Yes, he is a famous entrepreneur. He owns one of the hugest software company and he has a big reputation in the industry. Basically, he’s a well-known, rich man. When he founded out that Taeyeon was dating with Sunny, he forced them to separate. He thinks if people know about her daughter being in love with someone with the same gender, it will ruin his career. He tried to make Taeyeon into breaking up with Sunny but she didn’t want. So, they both decided to move away to Seoul. Sunny got a job with the help of her uncle and Taeyeon was also able to find a position here in this company. Things were going pretty well for the both of them until three years ago. I guess it was partly my fault too that it happened.”

 

“It’s alright, take your time.” Jessica comforted the young woman. Tiffany nods and again, takes a deep breath to calm her emotion.

 

“It was their sixth anniversary. I asked Taeyeon if Sunny was interested in marrying her. I mean, they have been together for so long and I thought she deserved to be her wife. I just-didn’t want Taeyeon to wait forever. That was the last time I could talked to Taeyeon. After that, she changed. It was midnight when a friend of mine called. Sunny had passed away in a hit and run accident in front of their home. I rushed to the hospital to see Taeyeon. She was there, sitting on the chair and just blankly stared at the walls. She had blood all over her. I-I tried to talk, to do my best to comforted her but I knew she was already lost inside. I took care of her. I seek help from my colleagues and get her to therapies. But, Sunny’s dead was too much for Taeyeon. She just lose the only person she loved. Even I can’t imagine that feeling.”

 

            Jessica feel tears almost fall from the corner of her eyes. She quickly wipes it away before it pours down. A hand clutches her chest as that same sort of pain begins taking over her. The pain of when she lose Sojung too. Taeyeon and her are able to connect with each other because of the they understand about one another’s feeling. They had both seen the ones they cherished died. Another thing is that they blame themselves for it. They thought it was their fault that those people passed away. Jessica suffered depression while Taeyeon shut her mind off from reality. Simply say, both souls were stuck in the past’s mistake. They couldn’t move on with their lives. “Are you okay?” Tiffany asked. Jessica realizes she have been quiet after the story and immediately focuses back. “I am fine. It’s just that…now I understood why she was able to connect with me. I lose someone I really care and love too. I-mm, I blamed myself for her death. If it wasn’t for my clumsiness, I would’ve saved her life. I think Taeyeon is in the same case as well. She must’ve feel so guilty and thought that she was the reason Sunny had died in that accident. She was too hurt by the reality that she chose to ran away. I used to be like her, running away from that past when the fact that we just can’t move on.”

 

“I’m sorry to hear that, Jessica.” Tiffany pats her on the shoulder. Jessica gives a small smile to her as a gratitude.

 

“Thank you for telling me the story. I am grateful. Now, I may be a much more help to Taeyeon than before.”

 

“It’s a pleasure, I would do anything for the sake of her. By the way, I was wondering when can I meet Taeyeon? I-really miss her and I want to see how she is doing.”

 

“Oh, about that. I don’t think it is the right time for you to meet her.”

 

Tiffany frowns by Jessica’s statement. “What do you mean not the right time? She needs help, that’s what you say. Therefore, I should be there for her. I am her best friend and she needs me by her side.” She talked with a louder voice.

 

“I understand that. But, Taeyeon needs to take her time recovering. She needs to find herself again piece by piece. I don’t think she’ll be able to be properly heal mentally if things barging into her head all at once.” The doctor explained.

 

“Is it? Or are you trying to keep Taeyeon away from us?”

 

“No, I have no sorts of intention in trying to take away Taeyeon from you. As her doctor, I’m trying to help her. I’ve seen how fragile and weak Taeyeon’s heart is right now. For me, it’s the best that she takes things slowly. Please cooperate with me, Tiff. If you want Taeyeon to talk and be normal again.”

 

“I think Taeyeon will get much better if she meet with us. She has no one but us. This is the time that we came back to her life and get her back on her feet again.” Tiffany continued to argued.

 

“I also thought the same but you need to consider about her current condition. Believe me, it’s not the right option at the moment.”

 

            Tiffany suddenly feels angry. She feels disbelieve that this doctor won’t let her to see her best friend. If Taeyeon is truly out there, then the young woman needed her presence more than ever as a support. To make her condition better. However, Jessica has the opposite idea about the matter. She thinks that if Taeyeon takes in too much, her progress will get negatively affect. Well, she knows how Taeyeon can behave when someone tries to penetrate into her mind. The last time Jessica did that, she got attacked and it didn’t end so well for both of them. “I want to see Taeyeon.” Tiffany stood up from her seat. Jessica stands up as well and faces her. “I refuse this idea. You must understand I’m doing this for Taeyeon.” She spoke – her voice sounded cold and strict. Tiffany, however, being the stubborn woman she is did not want to back down. She steps closer to the doctor, who seems to be shorter since she only wore flat shoes. “I don’t care. I’ll go find Taeyeon myself if you deny me to go see her.” Jessica is about to speak up when the door suddenly swings open and someone hurriedly enters the office. She looks like a complete mess ; with her hair looking as if she had just woke up from sleep and the left sleeve of her leather jacket is already midway on her arm. She looks at the two women standing in the room and her eyes widen in shock to see another familiar face in the room.

 

“S-Sooyeon?” “Yoona?” They called each other. Tiffany keeps looking back and forth at them, feeling curious in how do they know about one another? “Excuse me, Yoona. H-how did you know her?” She asked to her brunette friend.

 

“I met her once at a bar and we talked for a while. Is-she the one you talked about? The person who knew Taeyeon?” Yoona looked at Tiffany.

 

“Yes, I am actually Taeyeon’s doctor. I’m a physiotherapist.”

 

“It turns out that all these years she was missing, she was actually sent away to a mental facility. I bet those men, whoever they worked for must have been ordered to put her in there.” Tiffany explained.

 

If Yoona’s eyes can turn wider due to shock, it would be. She feels and lips dry upon hearing this news about her missing fellow. Well, Taeyeon and her are not that very close to each other in the past to buy roses. However, the flower girl often be visited by Taeyeon at the shop during anniversary dates. Considering that Yoona had and still have crush on Tiffany, she constantly hearing stories about her dream girl from Taeyeon, who happily tells her anything she wanted to know. That woman had helped a lot in gaining closeness with Tiffany. She was, as worried as Tiffany is when Taeyeon got kidnapped by strange men in black suits. “Then, where is she? At that lunatic’s place?”

 

Jessica frowns a little hearing the word ‘lunatic’ to labeled that place. She knows it is for people with mental illness but she can never call them lunatics. No, to her, those patients are still human beings. However, this is not the perfect time to argue about the matter. “Taeyeon is currently living with me, under my care. I have been given special permission to continue my treatment outside the facility.” She explained.

 

Yoona sighs in relief. “What are we standing here for? We should go meet Taeyeon.”

 

“She doesn’t allow us to meet her.” Tiffany spoke before Jessica could even say a word. She shot a rather cold glare to the brown-haired woman. “She said it is not the perfect time and it would affect Taeyeon’s progress although I believed she will be better having us to support her.” There is a tint of mock in her voice but Jessica manage to hold her temper. She perfectly understands how desperate these two to meet their long, lost friend and see for themselves her condition.

 

“Why’s that?” Yoona frowned. She is also in the same page as Tiffany. Taeyeon should have them back in her life so she can get back normal again.

 

Jessica exhales heavily, feeling tired of having to explain so much but she needs to put up her professionalism about this. “Look, I perfectly understand that you two are missing Taeyeon so much and you’re very concerned about her since she had been missing for years. You guys are desperate to know her condition, to see if she is indeed doing well or not. Well, yes, it’s true that she needs people like you to support her, to get her back on her feet again. But, I disagree to this idea because I am trying to protect everyone here including Taeyeon herself.” She paused to take a breath. “You see, Taeyeon’s condition is not a joke. You trigger something related in the past, she might-she, mm, might-.”

 

“Might what?” Yoona asked, leaning closer.

 

“She might kill you.” Jessica look at the two surprise faces. “She is still emotionally un-stable. She is progressing but it needs a longer time than you expected. She needs to put the pieces back together slowly for her to heal properly. I just don’t want her to hurt you and you guys getting hurt.” She pointed her finger at the green bruise on her neck. “This happened when I confronted Taeyeon at the solitary confinement. She was put there after attacking me, at that time I only mentioned her past lover’s name. I was-lucky enough to be able to convinced her. Now, you know why I don’t want you to see her.”

 

            Yoona’s mind turn blank. Never in her days, she would have thought that Taeyeon’s grief over Sunny will extend to the point she was capable of killing someone. But, Tiffany still doesn’t believe that fact. A part of her push the truth how her best friend had turned out to be. She shook her head. “No, no way. That is-impossible. You’re just making that up.” She turn her gaze to Jessica as she bit the corner of her bottom lip. “Taeyeon can’t be like that. I know her. There’s no possibility she’ll turn like that. She’s sick but, she won’t-.” Tiffany can’t bring herself to finish her words as tears begin pooling in her eyes once more. Yoona hurriedly walks up to her and pulls the red-headed woman into her arms; hugging her closely. “It’s alright, I’m here.” Yoona spoke softly. Tiffany ends up crying again as she tightly hugs Yoona back – tugging the younger one’s leather jacket. Jessica is left standing there, only to feel poor for the two of them. She never meant to make anyone cry although she had expected that there will be anyways. Yoona turn towards the blonde-haired woman. “Can you give us a moment?” Jessica nods, respecting the request and quietly left the office to wait outside. As soon as the door is close, Yoona gently pushes Tiffany to create a gap between them.

 

“Hey, don’t cry. You look like a mushroom.” Yoona joked. She got a slap on the arm but also a smile from Tiffany. She sighs with her lips forming a thin line. “Come on, sit down with me.” She gently pulls Tiffany’s hand and they sit down on the sofa together. Tiffany is still sniffing as her tears won’t stop falling. It breaks Yoona’s heart to see her in that condition. She knows how much the woman had been through these couple of years. The road was rough. She changed, putting up this strong, strict boss façade just to ensure Taeyeon’s hard work will continue on. However, Yoona is well fond of Tiffany’s weakness. She is scared and worried. Kim Taeyeon was her only family here in Korea. She was more than just a friend, she was a sister to her. Losing her, not knowing where she is and how she is doing. To Tiffany Hwang, it’s like losing your own family member. When she learnt the truth, she just can’t bear to hear it anymore. She cries because she felt guilty of not being able to do anything to help Taeyeon.

 

Yoona tuck Tiffany’s hair and gently rubs her thumb on her cheek to wipe away the remaining tears. “Sooyeon doesn’t understand, that’s all. She didn’t had a clue that you felt guilty for Taeyeon.”

 

Tiffany sniffs – trying to hold her pathetic sobbing sound but fails anyway. “Yoong, it was-my fault. I should’ve-I should’ve done better. If only I protected her, she wouldn’t-turned like this.”

 

“Hey, hey, now. That’s not true. You have tried the best you could. Don’t ever blame yourself for what happened to Taeyeon.”

 

“She became a killer, Yoona.” Tiffany gaze straight at the brunette’s eyes. “You heard Jessica. She almost killed her. I-I would have fixed that long ago. She just can’t move on about Sunny.”

 

“Tiff, there are things that we meant to fix but just can’t. I am not smart but I do know this. Sooyeon is in our lives now and involved with us for a reason. God has His ways about bringing fate to people. Maybe we couldn’t help Taeyeon. We were hopeless in trying to cure her from the start. However, I do believe that Sooyeon can fix this problem. She’s the only one that can help Taeyeon and bring her back.” Yoona hold Tiffany on the shoulders. “Yes, it’s hard for us these couple of years. It was rough especially for you. We began to lose our trust on others after what had happened. But, this time, let’s choose to believe in Sooyeon.”

 

“Y-Yoona.”

 

“Waiting a little longer won’t hurt that much. I mean, we’ve already waited for years.” Yoona chuckled bitterly. “I think we can hold on.”

 

After a moment of silence, Tiffany finally let out a long sigh as she wipe away her tears away. “You’re right. I should be grateful to know that Taeyeon is still alive and safe. I shouldn’t be greedy.” She smiles, her eyes squint into crescent shapes. Yoona smiles back at her.

 

            Jessica is still waiting outside the office. She is currently sitting on the couch settled there in the office. She feels curious in what kind of conversation they have inside. Hopefully, Yoona will talk some sense into Tiffany to make her truly understand Jessica’s good intention in not allowing her to meet Taeyeon at the moment. The blonde can’t help but anxiously wait, constantly unlocking her phone to randomly check messages and locking it back again. She immediately stands up hearing the door of the office open and she looks at the two figures walking towards her. Tiffany seems to be calmer than before. Although, her perfect make is totally ruined. “I wanted to apologize for the way I acted earlier. I wasn’t emotionally stable and my mind was a mess. I’m sorry.” Tiffany slightly bowed. Jessica smiles softly at her. “You don’t need to apologize. I get it. You just wanted the best for her.” Tiffany feels relief that the doctor is not offended by their fight earlier. She takes out her business card and gives it to Jessica. “Call me when she’s ready. You can ask me anything about her anytime if you need one. Additional information is at the back of the card.” Jessica flips the card to other side, noticing the written note on it. I believe you. Please help Taeyeon. Bring her back again. She lifts her head up and nods.

 

“I will, Ms. Hwang.” She replied.

 

            Jessica walks out from the company’s building along with Yoona. She breathes in the air, somewhat feel more fresh and energetic. Finally having the answer she have always wanted, she felt as if a huge burden was lifted off her shoulders. At least, she have founded a part of Taeyeon’s past that will be a big help to her treatment. However, one new thing bothered her mind. Tiffany mentioned about unknown men with black suits forcefully took away Taeyeon away from them and ended up sending her to the facility. She have a feeling that it is the same person related to case of her missing information and records. Who is the man and why did he do all of this? Could it perhaps be Taeyeon’s father? As Jessica recalled, he had disowned her own daughter when she chose Sunny to be her partner for life. He is a man with a huge influence, he have the advantages into paying people to do these kind of work. However, the man have been missing from headlines. He wanted to keep a low profile to not embarrass himself to the public since her daughter is homoual. So, is it Mr. Lee? He had said before that Taeyeon is her biggest asset. Maybe he is responsible. But, he has no motives into doing this hard work. When it comes to money, he have gained so much already. Jessica is unsure. She have no suspects to blame. She is not a police to solve a crime case but she certainly believes that Taeyeon’s kidnapping, her fate in being a mental-ill patient is nothing but a well-organized plan.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” Yoona worriedly asked seeing Jessica zoning out again. She had seen her screaming and almost fainting in the toilet before. She expects that this woman must have her own illness too.

 

“Oh, I’m fine. I was just thinking about Tiffany’s story about Taeyeon. I am curious about who paid those men to kidnapped her.”

 

“Well, whoever the man is, I will find him. I’ve seek help from my friends to find the bastard responsible for this. When I do, I’ll beat the hell out of him.” Yoona said. Her fists automatically balled into fists. Jessica nervously chuckles. She swears the flower girl sounded so scary, scarier than Tiffany.

 

“You talked like a gangster.” She bluntly said. Yoona quickly straighten her back and clears as she loosen up her fingers.

 

“I’m just mad. That’s all. I’m not a gangster. Pft, no.” She randomly waved her hand in front of her face.

 

“Yes, yes, you’re a flower shop owner. A gangster doesn’t like flowers.” Jessica let out a giggle.

 

Yoona scrunches up her nose as she tuck her hands into the pocket of her ripped jeans. “Depends on people. Not all gangsters are hardcore. Some soften over a beautiful flower.” She grins dreamily.

 

“I guess so.” Jessica understand that. She used to be a high school gangster once upon a time. No matter how cold and hard her heart was, it was always be soften by her baby sister. It made her smile thinking about it. Soojung is a pretty flower to her.

 

“Anyways, are you, mm, going home?”

 

“Well, I only wanted to meet with Tiffany today. I don’t really have any business besides that.” Jessica answered.

 

“If you don’t mind, I would like to treat you for a coffee as a gift for-taking care of her for us.”

 

The blonde thought about the offer. Well, there’s nothing wrong in spending a little time for a coffee. Taeyeon is safe under Hara’s care anyways. Besides, she would love to know more about Yoona. Maybe she have stories of her own about her patient. “Sure, why not?”

 

“Great! I recommend a coffee shop near my flower shop. My friend owns the place. He usually gives me half discount.”

 

Jessica laughs, somehow the ‘cheap’ behavior reminded her of Hara and her late-sister a little. They always bring her to places that sale cheap things. “I’ll drive us there then.” With that, they’ve gone to Jessica’s car that was parked nearby. Not to their realization, someone was paying attention to their every move behind the shadows. His watchful eyes follow as the car left the scene. He looks at the camera and scroll through the pictures that he had taken. He proceeded into texting his boss.

 

[She indeed met with Stephanie Hwang and Im Yoona.] He leans his head on the tree; sighing for his wrong-doing. His heart is overwhelmed with only regrets.

 

***

 

            “Yoona!” A young man greeted upon seeing a familiar face entering the small café. “Minho, it’s been a while.” She smiles at him. The person named Minho nods his head. He does miss his friend’s presence these past few days as she was out of town for a private matter. “I hate it when I miss you.” He threw a playful grin at the brunette, earning himself a light punch on the arm. He chuckles seeing the pout on Yoona’s face. “You’re mean, Minho.” The man just smiles as he shook his head. He averts his gaze to the person standing next to her. “Well, it’s not Tiffany. I’m guessing she’s a new friend?” He pointed at the blonde-haired woman. Jessica quickly bows politely to the man. “Hello, I’m Jessica.” She introduced herself. Minho bows back with his head. “I’m Minho, Yoong’s friend. Very nice to meet you, Jessica.” He showed that charming smile of his’. Jessica blushes a little and can’t help but to shyly smiles back at him. She admits, Minho is very good-looking. Plus, he is tall and judging by the fit t-shirt – he must have a muscular figure. Yoona roll her eyes at the man’s flirty behavior. “Excuse me? Order?”

 

“Ay, I just wanted to know this beautiful friend of yours’. Don’t be jealous.”

 

“I’m not. I just need my coffee.” Yoona plainly said.

 

“Fine, fine.” Minho shrug his shoulders. “For you, it’s the usual, of course. How about you, Jessica?”

 

“Just a cup of latte would be fine.” Jessica smiles.

 

“Good, my specialty is making latte. I’ll be right back. Make yourselves comfortable.” He didn’t forget to send a wink to the blonde-woman before proceed into making coffees. The two females seated themselves on a table near the huge window.

 

            “I hope you’re not bothered about Minho, he’s always been such a flirt since high school days.” Yoona said, there is a hint of annoyance in her voice. Jessica laughs softly. Seeing how they have comfortably talked to each other earlier, they are indeed close friends. It’s like her relationship with Hara. They throw tantrums almost every day yet they still care for one another. That is one of the things that Jessica appreciates in her life despite what had happened. “That’s okay, I’m not surprise since he has good-looks.” The corner of Yoona’s lips tug upwards as she pushes her long hair to the back. “Yes, but he is still annoying to me. Dickhead.” Jessica chuckles at the brunette’s remark. There is a gap of silence. But, it doesn’t feel awkward though. Instead, it feels comfortable. They only stare outside the window – looking at the pass byres as they enjoy the music playing in the background.

 

“I never get the chance to say this earlier.” Yoona suddenly spoke and Jessica turns her attention towards the brunette. She gives a small smile. “Thanks for coming and see us. When Tiffany told me that someone knew about Taeyeon’s whereabouts, I was-really happy. It’s a really huge relief knowing she is safe.”

 

Jessica nods. “Well, I’m glad that I was able to met you guys. I mean, Taeyeon was making progress but I was scared that it would be just until that. I thought knowing her past, about Sunny would help me into giving her treatments.”

 

“It must be hard for you.” Yoona apologetically stared at her.

 

“It was and still is. But, I love my job. I devoted my life for this and-.” She paused for a while. “I really do care for Taeyeon. I wanted to bring her out from that place as soon as I could.” She confessed.

 

“I’m happy to hear that. You see, Tiffany, mm, she was the one taking all of these the hardest. Both Taeyeon and Sunny were her only family here. They helped her a lot when she was alone in this foreign country. She had no one but them. When Sunny passed away and Taeyeon disappeared, it gave her a very hard time. She always acted like she was strong enough to get through this hardship but the fact is she was hurting so much inside. I was not really that much of a support to her. I felt bad about that the most.” Yoona pressed her lips into a thin line. Jessica look at those glistening eyes and sighs. She perfectly understands the feeling Yoona have. She, too, feels the same way about Taeyeon. She constantly thought she is not much of a support to her own patient and often felt guilty about that.

 

“If you’re not here, she’ll be all alone. Sometimes there are things that we over think that we didn’t realize that we have done more than enough. You gave her strength to keep on with her life even without Taeyeon and Sunny. So, whatever you felt is not enough, I’m telling you that you’ve did the best.” Jessica reaches out to Yoona’s hand on the table – gently caressing it as she put up a smile. “You’re…wise, Sooyeon.” Yoona said. Minho comes to the table to serve their coffees and immediately resumes to work. Both of them take a sip of the coffees, sighing in relief by the sweet-bitter taste of the beverages. “So,” Jessica looks at Yoona. “How did you meet with Tiffany and Taeyeon?” She asked. She only knows Tiffany’s story but not Yoona’s. She does feel curious by the brunette’s first meeting with her patient. Yoona takes another sip of her coffee and leans her back on the chair.  “Well, I never live here to begin with. I travelled to Seoul for a private business. I met Tiffany at this restaurant.” Her lips turn into a smile as she reminisce the memory of meeting her crush. “I was sitting on the table next to her. I’ve guessed that she wasn’t Korean by the way she spoke. She was having a hard time reading the menu. I know, I kept hearing her repeating the words and she sounded really confuse.”

 

Flashback

 

            Yoona was sitting on the table – waiting for her order to arrive as she enjoyed a bottle of rice wine by herself. Her friend had left her since she had something to take care so she was on her own for dinner tonight. She lifted up the small glass, emptying it in a one-shot style. The young woman hissed by the lingering taste on her tongue. “Welcome!” A worker said to the new customer who had just came in to the restaurant. Yoona poured another round of shot when she felt someone took a seat on the table next to hers’. She glanced at the one sitting there and only saw her long hair covering her face completely from Yoona’s side view. She chuckled seeing the woman’s clothes. ‘All pink.’ She thought, thinking this person might be really obsessive with the color pink. Judging by her appearance, she must’ve been the feminine type.

 

This is what Yoona always do- scanning the people in her surrounding and had random comments in her head. She continued to drink the half bottle rice wine and she heard the woman kept mumbling the same words. Yoona had guessed she was not Korean by the sound of her stiff language. She couldn’t help but looking towards the customer again. The raven-haired woman was already scratching her head, probably confused by the Korean words in the menu. Yoona felt funny and sympathy at the same time. She ended up standing up from her seat to approach the foreign woman. She comfortably sat at the opposite side of the table.

 

“Need help there?” She asked as her lips tugged into a small smile. The woman immediately looked at her and smiled as well. The moment she saw her face, Yoona got awe-struck by the beauty in front of her. was slightly agape, her mind was lost for a moment seeing the charming smiling-eyes of the woman. “Mm, yeah, can y-you help me? I don’t understand the menu very well.” She shyly confessed. Yoona had her voice stuttering over her nervousness. “S-sure, l-let me take a-a look.” She took the menu from the woman. She swore her heart was beating really fast when she heard a cute ‘thank you’ from the her. She might faint by her looks. Yoona had her breath hitched when the woman leaned closer so they can take a look at the menu together. She felt nothing more than anxiousness and embarrassment. Still, she tried to stayed calm as much as possible. “Let’s see.” She began explaining the menu carefully. She was bit clumsy with her words here and there but she managed to get through. Of course, it took all her mental strength not to screw up.

 

“Ah, I see. Now, I understand! Thank you so much!” She smiled brightly as she took the menu to order her food. Yoona’s cheeks felt really warm. She knew it wasn’t the alcohol’s effect. She was having this ‘crush’ on first sight at the foreign woman. She cleared to ease her anxiousness. “You’re welcome.” She stiffly replied in English which made the woman giggled cutely. Yoona felt her face is getting red at this rate. She straightened her back and looked at the raven-haired woman. “I didn’t get your name though.”

 

“Ah! I’m sorry about that. My name is Tiffany Hwang.”

 

“Tiffany~ Nice.” Well, the way Yoona called her name sounded more like ‘TI-PPA-NY’ instead of Tiffany. “I’m-.” She was about to introduced herself too when the sliding door of the restaurant was harshly opened and a young woman walked in a hurry. She spotted her friend and immediately approached her. “Yah!” Both Yoona and Tiffany got surprised. The blonde-haired woman apologetically looked at Tiffany for suddenly yelling before turning back to Yoona. “Come on, man. There’s no time for drinking!” She pulled out random number of bills from her leather jacket’s pocket, putting it under the small glass.

 

“W-wait.” However, Yoona was already pulled and dragged away from the table by her friend. “I-I haven’t finish talking to her.” She whined.

 

“The guys are already waiting. You can do the talking later.”

 

Yoona huffed. She turned her head to Tiffany that waved at her once their eyes met. She foolishly smiled back and waved back. She’d seen the raven-haired woman mouthed ‘see you later’ to her before she was completely brought outside the restaurant.

 

End of flashback

 

            “I founded out she worked at this famous company. So, I decided to opened my shop nearby just to see her every day. At first, I never had the guts to approach her. I was really shy and afraid of making silly mistakes. But, Taeyeon came to my shop one day, telling me that I shouldn’t hide from Tiffany. She told me to just be myself and have courage to approach Tiffany. She-helped me so much to make me closer to her. I’m thankful for that and wished I could’ve done something to reply back her goodness.” Hearing from both sides, Jessica knew how great of a person Taeyeon is. She’s kind and friendly. She helps people in any way she could. Jessica can already imagined that young woman being love by many for who she is. If not for the tragedy involving Sunny, Taeyeon wouldn’t have changed. She’ll probably still be talking, laughing and just being bright. The thought of seeing that self of Taeyeon encourages Jessica to work harder to help her. She is determine into getting Taeyeon to talk and get better again. “Hey, Sooyeon. I just wanted to say that-.” She pressed her lips for a few and continues, “even when it’s hard. I hope you won’t give up on Taeyeon. We’re not that close but I miss her a lot. I wanted to see that person she was before. I-love to see both Tiffany and Taeyeon reunite again, be happy.” Yoona said. Jessica shot a reassuring smile at her. “I’ll try my best. Believe me, giving up is the last thing I would do. I won’t ever stop to help Taeyeon.” She honestly spoke her heart out about her beloved patient.

 

“Then, I’ll be rooting for you.” They continue on having random conversations even when they have finish their coffees. Jessica enjoys Yoona’s company, she feels thankful that because of Taeyeon she met with another good friend.

 

            It was almost seven o’clock when Jessica arrives at her apartment’s building. She have texted Hara that she was a bit late than expected but her friend didn’t mind as long as she gives the permission to drink the beer stock in her fridge. Of course, the blonde hurriedly drives back home before Hara gets drunk and mess up her apartment. After locking her car, she goes straight into the building – didn’t forget to politely greets at the a few staffs in front and rides the elevator up. Jessica walks to the door of her apartment and knowing how Hara is like she casually opens the unlock door to let herself in. The light immediately turns on once she have walked pass the door. “It’s quite dark.” She muttered to herself upon seeing the dimmest of the place. “Taeyeon-ah.” She called out for her patient as she took off her shoes, putting it with the others inside a huge shelf. “Taeyeon-ah, I’m home.” She said but there’s no answer or even the figure of the short, kid-like woman appearing. Jessica feels weird. She keeps on walking as she calls for the names of the people at home. “Taeyeon-ah, Hara-ah.” Still, she receives no answers. She frowns, beginning to feel worry. Since hearing Tiffany’s story, she was constantly fear for those men to barge into her home one day and takes Taeyeon away. She certainly can’t let that happen. It is a possibility it can happen since Jessica have known the secret about Taeyeon’s kidnapping.

 

“Hara? Taeyeon?” She continues to walk inside. The lights are off and the whole room is dark. She feels slightly anxious by the situation. Well, the door was unlock and the place is dark. There are no replies from any of the two females when Jessica calls out. Could it be that Hara must’ve passed out drunk again and Taeyeon must have gone sleeping in her bedroom? But, if that’s the case, the short woman would’ve already comes running to Jessica the moment she heard her name called. Jessica flinches when she hears sounds of footsteps coming from her living room; near the couch. With nervousness and heart banging loudly, she switches the lights on and have her eyes widen in surprise upon seeing what’s in front of her.

 

“T-T-Taeyeon-ah.”

 

To be continued.

A/N: So, like, hello guys! Coming back with another part. :) This one-month holiday pretty much give me so much time writing. As always, thanks for the subs and wonderful up-votes! Well, this is the shortest update yet. I wanted to continue but y'know me, I'm a cliff hanger. ;) Anyways, here you go. Hope you enjoy! Have a nice day~ btw, welcome to new character Tiffany Hwang! Finally, she is revealed! (PS: I recently enjoyed Blackpink's new album. Stay is my personal favorite. Of course, TAEYEON'S NEW SINGLE 11:11 is another amazing piece of work. I just wanted to brag about my idol and the fact that the song reminded of TaengSic very much. <3 Also please support Gfriend for this upcoming award. I wanted them to at least win an award to repay all their hardwork. I mean, Umji is still resting from her injury and Sinb recently fainted on stage due to illness (but she is fine now). So, please show support to these 'daughters' of SNSD!)