PART 6

FOREVER: EP 2

PART 6

 

 

“I want to take Kim Taeyeon to live with me.”

 

                Mr. Lee shot a surprise look at Jessica. He did not expect that this would be her request. Yet, he thought it was just some-kind of joke. “Live with you?” Mr. Lee laughs. “That’s a good joke. I’d almost believe that.” Jessica frowns-clearly not satisfy that he didn’t take this matter seriously. Jessica meant what she said. “I don’t want to drop a ‘bomb’ here. But, since you’re not taking this seriously, I have to tell you that patient Kim Taeyeon almost got by an officer earlier inside her cell during my short absent.” Mr. Lee almost spits out the wine inside his mouth upon hearing this news. He certainly un-aware of the situation would occur here in his facility. He puts down his glass and stands up from the sofa.

 

 

“Is this a lie so I could accept your request, doctor?” He sounded cold but Jessica did not felt bother by it, even a bit.

 

 

“You can ask officer Jin about this. The both of us came just in time to save her before that lunatic officer tried to put his in.” Jessica’s words might be a little rude at the end. Well, she is in a stressful state.

 

 

Mr. Lee runs his hand through his short hair. “How come no one report this to me?”

 

 

“I don’t know. Maybe you’re too busy just sitting in your office all day. You never get out and do security checks that you let a work here as an officer! Not to mention, a psychopath!”

 

 

“Watch your tone, doctor. I’m still your boss here. I don’t need to hear s from you.” He said with an angry tone as he pointed at her.

 

 

Jessica didn’t care about his threat at the moment. All she wants is to get everything out from her head. “You know, I’ve been doing a lot of s to treat your patient or should I say, your most important asset in this facility. So, yes, you need to hear s from me.” Mr. Lee is taken aback by her words. He simply underestimates Jessica, it is certain that she is no ordinary doctor. “Look, Taeyeon just made a lot of progress. But, after breaking those walls, she became aware of her surroundings again. She is scared, Mr. Lee. She fears for her life in this facility. After what happened today, her fears are getting worse. This could stop the treatment from making progress.” Jessica explained. She continues on. “She is not safe here. Taeyeon is not an insane patient and people can easily take advantages of her. I can’t be here to take care for her 24/7. That is why I am making this proposal. If you give me a chance to take Taeyeon to live with me and let me give her proper treatments at home, I’ll assure you that her mental-illness will be cured. Right now, she only trusted me. As long as I have her faith, I can treat her until she is better again. All I need is your permission, sir.”

 

 

Mr. Lee thought about the idea for a moment. His staffs did not know about this but for almost two years, this facility have been awfully receiving criticisms from the people especially clients. It was thanks to a doctor that he had hired and assigned to Kim Taeyeon during her 7th month at the facility. When he failed, he resigned from the facility then spread the words to the public about the place is not even worth to be paid. Of course, he only did this because he wanted to cover his failure. Being a quite well-known doctor, he cannot let his career go down. Mr. Lee took care of him for good. But, he cannot completely handle the public. Clients and the people began questioning either the methods used could even make progress for the patients. If Kim Taeyeon manages to be cure by one of the doctors, the facility will regain back its’ glory days as a top mental-illness facility. Mr. Lee, of course, will get richer.

 

 

“You can assure that Kim Taeyeon will be cure if I grant your request?” He asked after being silence for a while.

 

 

“Well, I can’t really promise for Taeyeon to be fully cured. But, she will at least-gives a lot of progress. I’ll assure you on that.” Jessica confidently answered.

 

 

Mr. Lee let out a sigh. He have decided. “I am the owner. But, the rules that were established here holds back my authority.” He said. Jessica becomes slightly worried and sad, there is chances he won’t accept her request. If he do declines, then Jessica is out of options. Mr. Lee continues on, “I can only give you two weeks.” Hearing his words, Jessica immediately looks at him-unknowingly smiles at the process. “That means you-“ “I accept your request. You can take Kim Taeyeon and gives her treatment at your home. Your other patients will be assigned to other doctors for the time being.” Jessica smiles victoriously. Taeyeon can now be save. She will be far away from the dangers and harm of the facility. Not having to treat other patients, Jessica can give her full attention on Taeyeon’s treatment. If she successfully gets additional information from the woman named Stephanie Hwang, she will have bigger leads in curing Taeyeon.

 

 

“But-“ Mr. Lee suddenly interrupted. “There’s a task you have to do after the two weeks period.”

 

 

Jessica raised her eyebrows, curious by what task she is about to be given. “What is it?”

 

 

“After two weeks, I wanted you to do a session with Kim Taeyeon. I will watch, to see if she really does make the progress that you mentioned.” Mr. Lee said. Jessica have her eyes open wide in shock.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“You heard me well, doctor. During that session, I’ll expect Kim Taeyeon to be able to respond to your questions. However, not by gestures, I want to hear her talk.”

 

 

“Isn’t that a bit too much? I don’t think she’s ready to be at that level.” Jessica felt quite worried by the task. Of course, she would. Taeyeon is harder to handle, beyond her what she capable of doing. She considered herself lucky knowing about the existence of the persona named ‘Sunny’ in Taeyeon’s past.

 

 

                “This is the time for you to prove to me that was it worth for me to go against the rule and succeed.” Mr. Lee put his hands inside his pockets as he walks towards her. “If you fail, then your words are wrong. She will have to stay longer in the facility and perhaps, I’ll have to assign her to a different doctor.” Jessica is in  disbelieve, two weeks are consider to be too short for her. She had to go through a month just to break down the walls Taeyeon built and she barely made it. The risk is huge here. She’s on the line of losing Taeyeon, much worse she could be the one to caused her favorite patient to be hold longer in the facility. No, that is not she had in mind. But, she can only guaranteed Taeyeon’s safety if she moves out for a while to stay at home with her. A nice surrounding can affect her in a positive way thus she will make progress. However, Jessica is not certain on what level can Taeyeon achieves.

 

 

“This is up to you, doctor.” Mr. Lee have this sly smile on his face. Somehow, he intended to said this to Jessica once she made the request. As if he wanted to challenge the young doctor.

 

 

“Two weeks? After that I have to do a…live session with her?” Jessica’s eyes looked at her boss.

 

 

“Well,” Mr. Lee rubbed his chin. “Actually, you only have-12 days. You have to bring her back on Saturday and do the session on Sunday morning.”

 

 

Well, that’s much worse.’ Jessica sighs heavily as she shut her eyes. She wish she could just declines this so-called task.

 

 

                “So, what’s your decision, doc? If you take it, I’ll immediately approve your request.” Jessica takes a little bit of time to think this through again. Maybe rushing an idea earlier wasn’t very good. But, she can’t take back her words. Taeyeon’s life depends on her right now and one wrong decision can ruin all her hard-work. She never wants Taeyeon to be more miserable than now. She does deeply cares about the favorite patient of hers’. “Alright,” Jessica finally decided. “I’ll do the task. 12 days and I will make Taeyeon to be able to talk again.” She said, with much confidence in her voice although inside she’s still un-sure about it. Mr. Lee is amused by her courage. “Then, I shall give you my permission to take patient, Kim Taeyeon to transfer out and give treatments outside the facility for 12 days. Victoria will write an official letter for you. Take it by 7 tomorrow.” Mr. Lee said. Jessica bows at him. “Thank you for your permission. I will do my best, sir. If you excuse me, I would like to dismiss myself.” She said before exiting the office. Once she leaves, Mr. Lee’s expression immediately changes to a cold one. Seeing the doctor’s personality made him remembered the one person he really hated in the past.

 

“Let’s see what you can do, Jung.”

 

 

                Jessica exits the office. Jin immediately stands up from the chair and approaches her, his face shows worriedness. “S-So? What did he says?” He asked the moment he was closed to her. Jessica smiles at him. “Everything went well. I guess. He approved my request.” She replied. She didn’t want to tell him about the little task that was given to her by Mr. Lee. Jin smiles brightly. “Really? T-that’s really good. I was worried that he might decline.”  He rubbed the back of his neck. “This means, you’ll be bringing Taeyeon home with you?” Jessica nods to the statement. Right now, she is relief that she is given the chance to take Taeyeon home with her. But, the only issue that worries her is the task. 12 days? Can she possibly reach his expectation and make Taeyeon talk again? The patient only give gestures whenever she wanted to tell something. Jessica breathes deeply.

 

“We should go back. Taeyeon might freak out if I’m gone too long.” She quickly changed the subject.

 

Jin nods. “Sure.”

 

                They walk towards the staircase and when they pass a huge window, Jessica sees the client from earlier. He’s standing outside as two men wearing black suits behind him. Jessica stops to look. I’ll make sure to remember your name clearly. It makes her wonder why he said those words to her. She is sure the old man is not flirting with her, in fact he meant it in another way. Jin stops at his pace when he notices Jessica is not beside him. He turns back to where Jessica is standing. “Hey, what’s wrong?” He follows her gaze. “Perhaps you know him?” Jessica asked. Jin replies, “I saw him once in a while. He’s one of Mr. Lee’s important clients. He invested many for this facility.” Jessica could already guessed that fact earlier. But, something still bothers her. “When you said client, it means there’s a patient here related to him?” Jin got quiet for a moment. “Well, I personally think I cannot tell you that information. I do not have the authority. But, yes, he does have someone related here.” He added.

 

                “I see.” Jessica squinted her eyes-suspicious of the man’s identity and who he was related to.       Jin fakes a cough to gain back her attention. “We should probably go now.” He said. “Yeah,” Jessica looks back outside the window. The old, rich man is getting inside an expensive, black car. It must be his driver picking him up for the meeting he had mentioned earlier. She finally takes her eyes off of him when the car is already driven away. “Let’s go.” She walks ahead and Jin joins her from behind. He leads her to the building where Taeyeon is currently treated. “Just ask the staff at the counter when you go inside.” He informed. Jessica gives him a sweet smile as a thank you. She’s about to leave but her foot accidently bumps on a stone and she loses her balance. Jin quickly caught her and pulls her close to him before she fell.

 

“You almost fell. Be careful.” Jin said.

 

Jessica chuckles. “Sorry, I’m just tired so I’m a bit clumsy.” She lightly laughs at her own mistake.

 

               

                Jin stares at her at the moment-mesmerizes by her natural looks. How a simple smile could make her much more beautiful. Jessica stops laughing and notices that Jin is staring at her. His brown-eyes causes her heart to beat faster. “J-Jin?” She called but the man did not reply. Instead, she place his hands on her waist-pulling her closer to him. Jessica froze because of how close their position right now. She can feel his hard-toned abs under the thick, officer-suit. She just stares at him while his hand tucks a few strains of her hair behind her ear. “I-I like you.” He suddenly confessed and Jessica is stun by the unexpected confession. She blink her eyes so many times, wondering if this just some-kind of dream. “W-what?”

 

“I like you, Jessica Jung. I-really, really like you.” He goes further into his confession. “From the first time we’ve met, I knew you were different. You’re a beautiful woman, Jessica. A confident, brave and kind too.”

 

“Jin.” Her heart beating fast.

 

“I thought it would be wrong to love you but-I can’t hold it back. Jessica Jung, I want you to be mine.” Jin leans forward, their face just inches from each other. “I want you to be my lady.”

 

“Jin, I-I…” Before she could even finish her words, Jin already pulls her closer as he leans forward. Their lips touch. Jessica feels her whole body starts to feel weak. His soft, luscious lips and his strong, perfume scent takes all the strength she had. What woman is not daze when kiss by a very handsome man?

 

                Jin starts to move his lips and Jessica did the same too. She wrap her arms around his neck while his arms wrap around her waist. They kiss rather sweet yet passionately. Jessica could feel him pouring all his love into that one kiss and she admits it successfully takes her breath away. Jin bits her lower lip, entering his tongue inside and kisses her deeper while Jessica sighs in contentment. She runs her hand through his short hair as she savor his sweet lips. Jessica feels her head spinning. She couldn’t hear anything around her but the sound of her own heartbeat. Then, Taeyeon appears in her mind. She remembers back her smile and her beautiful eyes looking at her. Jessica immediately pushes Jin so the kiss would stop. Both breathes heavily as they stare at each other.

 

Jin’s eyes widen-finally realizing what he had done. He immediately release her from his arms and backs away. He clears his throat. “I-I-I’m sorry. I-I didn’t mean to do t-that. Well, I did. No, I-mm.” He rubbed the back of his neck as his whole face turns red like a fresh tomato.

 

Jessica looks away, she just couldn’t bring herself to see his face. She wasn’t angry by his sudden bold movement. Instead, her heart flutters with happiness. She does have feelings for the younger man but she also have feelings on someone else. Kissing him makes her feel guilty. Jessica is not quite sure why, however she feels like falling in love with two people at the same time is not right. Jin is the better choice. He confessed her and she can just say ‘yes’ right away. But, she chooses not to. Her feelings towards Taeyeon holds her back. She couldn’t lie to herself that she’s more in love with Taeyeon rather than Jin. Jessica sometimes question her own mind on how her love towards her patient is stronger than Jin, a perfect man? Is it because they share the same pain- of losing someone they loved dearly? Or Taeyeon successfully captivates her?

 

“I should go.” She quickly said and turns around to enter the building. She didn’t know what to say to him. Her head is completely blank by all of this. A lot of things happened today. Jessica don’t know how much she could take it. As soon as she enters, Jin shut his eyes as he sighs heavily. “Nice move, you idiot.” He slapped his own forehead. “Just great. You ruin everything with your stupid kiss.” He slapped his forehead a few more times. Then, he remembers back about the kiss. He holds his thumping chest as he reminisce back the sweet lips of Jessica’s on his’. “Damn.” He smiled to himself. This feeling can make him crazy at any moment now. Out of all the women, his heart chose Jessica Jung.

 

Don’t ever betray me, Seok Jin. Or else I will hurt your family.’ Jin open his eyes. Those words of a man appeared back in his mind. He runs his hand through his hair. He shouldn’t had confess earlier, knowing that that contract he made years ago can hurt anyone around him including Jessica. “Sorry.” He whispered as he looked down on the ground.

 

X

 

Jessica’s POV

 

                I didn’t expect he would kissed me. Well, I never had the thought that he had a huge crush on me. We almost kiss once in his car but I didn’t really think that the kiss was meant for anything. My head is blank right now. I’m not sure if I could meet him again. I reaches up to my face; tracing the tip of my finger on my lips. When he kissed me, I felt as if he was a different man. The way his arms pulled me close and his lips moving with mine. The Jin I knew wasn’t the same as the man that kissed me earlier. He was rough, yet gentle at the same time. Then, Taeyeon just suddenly appeared in my mind. She made me stop. I told myself I wouldn’t cross the line. Damn it. Why out of all people I chose to fell in love with Kim Taeyeon?

 

Her eyes, the way she looks at me. That pink, thin-lips of hers’. Her small hand that fits perfectly whenever we hold each other’s hands. Her fair, soft skin makes me addicted-I love being close to her.

 

                I knew I started having these feelings for her when she got sent away to the solitary confinement. I was constantly worried. I cannot get any sleep or eat my meals properly. Even when Jin was around to accompanied me, I always felt the days were empty without her. This is wrong. A doctor should never have personal feelings towards a patient especially the both of us in the same gender. I sigh heavily. I never would expected that things would be complicated. Jin suddenly confessing to me and the two of us kissing. I like him. I really do. I had a crush on him since we’ve met but somehow, along the way, I seemed to have fallen more for Taeyeon than him. Jessica Jung, you really ed up now. If anyone knows about this, I’ll surely be fired and I won’t be able to see Taeyeon again. I shut my eyes. I need to calm myself. Right now, I shouldn’t think about other things and focus on Taeyeon. Yes, don’t bother myself so much. I’m sure I’ll think of something to handle these things.

 

“Doctor?” Someone called me. I shot my eyes open and looks at the person calling me. It was a woman, probably a few years older than me. She was one of the staffs that Jin called earlier.

 

“Y-Yes?” I straighten my clothes and coat. I don’t want to look like I just came back from a make-out session earlier.

 

“You’re doctor Jung, right? Kim Taeyeon’s doctor?” She asked and I simply nod to the question. “Oh, let me lead you to her room.” She smiles and starts to walk. I follow her from behind.

 

                We use the elevator to the third floor. The elevator seems to be much better than the ones back the patients’ building. The place doesn’t make you feel stress since the paints used are bright and the lightings are good. Certainly, a suitable place for injured patients. “I heard so much about you.” She suddenly spoke. I look at her with a questioning look. Things about me? Since when does people talk about me? “Pardon me, but what kind of things?” I asked. “Well, here, the news spread fast. Almost everybody knows about the incident between you and Kim Taeyeon at the solitary confinement. I have to say, when I heard the news, I was amazed.” The door opens and we step out from the elevator. “I never could have imagine that a rookie doctor like you would did it. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t look down on you or anything. I’m just-relief that the right one finally comes to help Kim Taeyeon.”

 

I slightly smiles. “I’m glad I was able to help. To be honest, I was worried. I thought I couldn’t help her at first because of my lack of experiences.”

 

“Sometimes, experiences and skills doesn’t matter. I’ve seen many experts eventually ditched her after a while. For me, it’s about your willing to do sacrifices for the best of your patients.”

 

“What’s your name?” I asked.

 

“Ah, you can call me Eunjung. I’ve been taking care of Taeyeon ever since she was here. I’m usually the person that treat her injuries.” She replied with a slight smile.

 

I nod. “Thank you for treating her well. Taeyeon-always injured herself. I constantly worried about that.”

 

“Well, I guess the silence ones have much more pain. Since they don’t talk, they ended up hurting themselves in exchange. To be honest, ever since you were assigned as her doctor, Taeyeon didn’t injure herself so much like she used to.”

 

I feel quite shock by the new found information. But, I keep a compose expression. “Really?”

 

“Yes.” Eunjung nodded. “Usually, she will hurt herself constantly. She would be send here almost every day. Then, after you came, she was only sent here twice including today. I’m starting to think you might succeed in curing her, doctor.”

 

                We finally stop in front of the ward where Taeyeon is admitted. “She’s still asleep.” Eunjung mentioned and quietly opens the door-revealing Taeyeon lying on the bed. I immediately goes to her side to check for her injuries. “She twisted her left arm and there are a few small bruises. Other than that, everything seems to be okay. You two came to save her just in time.” Eunjung told me. I turn towards her and gives a slight bow as a thank you. She smiles and pats my shoulder. “You can stay here, if you wish.” I smile back at her. “I’ll be taking care of her.” I said. Eunjung nods then exits the small ward, leaving only the two of us inside. I let out a long sigh as I sit down on the chair next to the single bed.

 

 I look at Taeyeon-my chest feels tight and the tears start to pool in my eyes again. I take a deep breath to calm myself. I’ve been so sensitive lately. Well, who wouldn’t? My precious patient almost got today because of my clumsiness. If I came earlier, none of this will happen. But, if this didn’t happen, I wouldn’t have known that Hye-yoon officer is a psychopath. I guess there is a good of the situation. I reaches up to her hand, holding it gently as I caress my thumb on top of her palm. I can see the bruises on her wrist. . Finally, a lone tear comes running down my cheek. . This remains me so much about her in the past. Both of them got hurt because of me. All the blame should be on me, only me.

 

[AUTHOR’S POV OF JESSICA’S PAST]

“Soojung-ah, I’m home. I’ve brought another surprise today!” Jessica said as she came up the stairs. She knocked on the bedroom’s door. Even it wasn’t needed, Jessica thought it was better to do it anyway. “Hey, Soojungie, I brought a gift. I’m coming in.” She said. In her hand, is a box of Soojung’s favorite cake from a bakery. They used to come there often, well not anymore. Soojung loved the coffee and cakes there. She was a sweet tooth. Jessica tried turning the knob but it was lock from the inside which she found weird. Soojung would never locked herself. That was why they were still able to go inside her room at will. But, that day was different. Jessica began to feel worried.

 

“Soojung-ah.” She called. “Open up, please?” She tried opening the door again but failed. Panic started to rise. “Soojung, please.” She pleaded again. No responds. Just silence. Jessica shut her eyes, didn’t want to think of anything negative. She simply guessed that Soojung was asleep. Her medications had strong effects after all.

 

                “I’ll leave-“ Before she could finish, she heard a loud thud and a scream then soon followed by the sound of glass shattering. Her heart pounded fast as her panic took control. Jessica dropped the box of cake on the floor and immediately kicked the door of the room a few times with full strength. The door was hard to be taken down. “AHHH!” Soojung screamed. Jessica pulled every strength she had left on the last kick on the knob causing it to break. She barged inside without a second thought. Her eyes widen upon seeing the scene. The mirror’s glass shattered everywhere on the floor and red blood oozing out of Soojung’s right wrist. She was leaning on the wall, having a hard time to breathe. Her lips were pale.

 

“Soojung-“ Jessica went beside her. “Soojung, no, no.” She cried. She was so used to seeing blood but this time it was different. She felt scared. She took off her jacket and used it to kept the blood from gushing out. Soojung was so weak. Jessica couldn’t even held her phone properly. The screen was filled with blood stains but she didn’t care. Once the operator answered, Jessica quickly shouted for help.

 

                Her voice was shaky. She managed to tell the operator the right address though. She didn’t wait for a reply and threw her phone away. “Please, please, stay with me.” Jessica said. She carried Soojung on her back and came running downstairs. “Stay with me, Soojung-ah.” Tears ran down her cheeks. She felt her heart weakened. Jessica had been living as this tough girl all the time but seeing her sister’s condition made her so fragile. Easily break. The blood from Soojung’s wound already turned the jacket red and the hem of Jessica’s uniform red. It happened so fast that she forgot where did the person their parents paid to take care of Soojung went to. Well, that was another story. Suddenly, Soojung muttered a few words.

 

“I’m no one. I’m nothing but a dirty .” Jessica could felt her neck getting wet. Soojung was crying. She was in too much pain. Too much .

 

“No, stop saying that! You’re someone! You’re my sister! Mommy and daddy’s favorite!” Jessica screamed desperately.

 

“I’m no one.” Soojung repeated.

 

“No, no, don’t say that.” Jessica shook her head.

 

“I should just die. Die. Die. Die.” She repeated the word again and again.

 

“Soojung-ah, please. Stop.” Jessica cried more tears. But, all she heard from Soojung was ‘die.’

 

                I shot my eyes open. I didn’t realizes I had fallen asleep. I guess it was because of the alcohol I had earlier. I sigh heavily, I don’t know how many times I had dreamt about my darkest past, about Soojung. Ever since Taeyeon was sent away, my dreams were constantly about my late sister and it led me to nights without sleep. Those-voices that I fear had come back too recently. Not much, but it successfully driving me to the edge of insanity. The little voices inside my head-that blamed me and would always made me feel guilty. I take out the bottle of pills from inside my pocket. I went to meet my former doctor, Mr. Yeol when I realized the voices came back. It was a few days before I went to see Taeyeon in the solitary confinement.

 

The possibility of your illness to come back wasn’t high as long as you were able to control your emotions about the past. However, I assumed you must have met someone that trigged you to remembered back those dark memories about your late sister. If you wanted it to be control, I advised you to not meet that particular person again or simply take back your medication. But, I do recommend you to have self-control. Sometimes, it is best not to rely so much on drugs.’

 

                I stand up from the chair and walk towards the trash bin that was put in the corner. I take a last look on the bottle of pills in my hand before throwing it away. I’m not 100% sure with my decision to rely on my self-control to block those voices from getting into my head. But, if I do want to help Taeyeon, I should start by getting stronger not only physically, but also mentally.  I slightly turn my head to look at Taeyeon lying weakly on the bed, still deep in her slumber. I want this to be the last time seeing Taeyeon like this. I’ll protect her even if I have to risk everything in line. I do not want to repeat the same damn mistake again. I swear, I’ll always be there for Taeyeon no matter what.

 

“Hm.” Taeyeon grunts. “Hmm,” She begins frowning and I didn’t like to see her discomfort expression. I quickly make my way towards Taeyeon. “Taeyeon?” I called. But, it seems to be useless. She’s grunting and her body is trembling while her forehead starts sweating. “Taeyeon. Taeyeon.” I called out her name. But, she only lets out low groans. She must be having some kind of nightmare or perhaps a piece of her painful past.

 

                I hold her hand and caresses her cheek gently, hoping that my soothing will calm her down. “I-It’s okay, I’m here, I’m here for you. You don’t have to be afraid. I’m here.” I said with  a gentle tone. I can feel she is finally calming down but her hand is holding mine tighter. She must be scared that she fears to be alone. I understands how it feels. Taeyeon’s small body fits only half of the bed and leaving another space empty besides her. I slowly climbs on top of the bed then carefully lays down to not wake her up. Once my whole body finally lands on the soft mattress, Taeyeon immediately let go of my hand. Instead, she wraps her arm around my waist and rests her head on my shoulder. Her soft breathing makes me feel peaceful again.

 

                I take the time to stare at her beautiful face again. I can imagine Taeyeon being a normal, young woman where she would talk, laughs and would always have this cute smile of hers’ that I love. I wonder if that day would come. My lack of experiences have made me feel insecure about that task given by Mr. Lee. 12 days are too short for me. I wanted to take my time learning and understanding Taeyeon. I don’t want to rush things. I tuck a few strains of her hair behind her ear. If she wasn’t wearing this ugly jumpsuit, I may mistake her as some kind of idol that people adore. She is exotically beautiful. My heart suddenly beating fast at the idea that pops in my head. I lean closer, kissing her ever so gently on the forehead. It wasn’t a big deal but somehow it manages to make me feel all nervous yet happy inside.

 

I am curious what kind of person Taeyeon view me as. Either I’m just a friend that she truly trust or more than that. I want to know the answer so badly because I’m in love with her. I shouldn’t cross the line, I was aware of the consequences of it. That is why I’m more determined to cure Taeyeon. My feelings become my motivation. Soon enough, I’m also drifted to sleep as my arm securely wrap on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

Author’s POV

 

                It is already eight in the morning and many staffs have already come in to work for that day. Jessica is still sleeping peacefully with her favorite patient, Taeyeon besides her. They have both of their arms wrap on each other as the thick, white blanket cover their bodies from coldness. Someone knocks on the door but it couldn’t wake up the heavy sleepers. Beside, Taeyeon is still under the influence of drugs. A person walks into the room and gasps at the scene. She quickly turns her head to the other side. “J-Jessica. Jessica. Hey, Jessica.” She called many times. Jessica frowns. “Ugh, five…more…minutes.” She replied with a husky voice. Instead of waking up, she hugs Taeyeon tighter and the patient gets herself more comfortable by laying her head on the chest. “Jessica. Jessica. Jessica Jung!” Finally, she raised her voice and it successfully wakes Jessica from her sleep but not Taeyeon. “What?” The young doctor’s eyes is half-open. She is wide awake when she sees the person calling her is Yuri.

 

“Yul.” She rubs her eye while trying to change to a sitting position. “Sorry, I didn’t know it was you.” Yuri didn’t say anything but watches as Jessica gently moves Taeyeon’s head back onto the pillow before standing up from the bed. She stretches her sore limb as she let out a long sigh.

 

“I see you’ve been busy.” Yuri grinned.

 

Jessica chuckles while awkwardly rubs the back of her neck. “Well, she had a nightmare. She wouldn’t let go of my hand go so I slept next to her.” She explained.

 

“Right.” Yuri nodded, still having that grin on her pretty face.

 

“By the way, what are you doing here?” Jessica quickly changes the topic.

 

                Both of the doctors sit down on the mini table not far away from the bed. It was for staffs or doctors that comes into the ward. “I came to give you this.” Yuri puts down a letter from the owner, Mr. Lee. On the paper, it is stated that Jessica is given the permission to take Taeyeon home with her and continues the treatment outside the facility within two weeks. Jessica forgot to pick it up, she was too tired that she ended up oversleeping. “I’m curious on-why you made this sudden proposal? I mean, Taeyeon still have unstable emotions. Are you sure taking her home with you is a good idea? She could attack you and you have no sort of protection.” Jessica looks at her friend. “Yes, that is true. But, Taeyeon have been showing a lot of progress lately. She’s responding, but just by gestures. I just thought that the treatment won’t fully work if she continues to be trap here. She is finally seeing reality after years, she needs to see the world that she had left for so long.”

 

“So, that’s why you’re taking her home with you?” Yuri raised her eyebrow, suspiciously.

 

“Well, that and for safety reasons. Taeyeon, she is not insane. She is fully aware of things now and I just want her to be safe by being under my supervision at all times.” Jessica replied. Of course, she didn’t want to tell Yuri what happened last night that made her to decide this proposal in the first place. Not yet.

 

Yuri nods, understanding Jessica’s reasons. “I guess she’ll be better to be treated outside the facility. This isn’t actually the place for good environment. I hope you have plans ahead of you.”

 

“I do. You don’t have to worry.” Jessica slightly smiled.

 

“By the way, I met a staff outside. She said Taeyeon can be discharged this afternoon. They need to run a few last checkups before she leaves.” Yuri informed. Jessica only nods her head as a respond. “Oh yeah, I’ve met officer Jin earlier.” Jessica immediately feels uncomfortable by the mention of the name. After what had happened last night, she couldn’t help but feeling quite awkward.

 

“Really? Did you guys talk about anything?” Jessica tries to not act awkward and remains calm. Yuri shrug her shoulders. “Not much. He only told me he was going on a few days off and he asks if I could take care of you.”

 

Jessica arches her eyebrow. “Why did he took a few days off?” She didn’t want to be a busy body, but she is just curious-wondering if he is taking a few days off because of what had happened between them? Despite the awkwardness, Jessica didn’t want to ruin her good relationship with Jin. “Well, I did asked him. He said he’s just going to visit his mother back at his hometown.” Yuri leans closer. “I heard from a friend of mine who works as an officer. He told me that that Jin’s mother is really sick and he’s working really hard to support her medications and treatments. Since he was the oldest, he had to pay for her sister’s school fees too.” She said, with a low tone. This is probably the side of Jin that he doesn’t want people to know except for the closest ones. I feel pity for him. I can’t imagine being in his shoes. He must be struggling to pay all of those costs. Even me, a psychotherapist, that have a higher salary can sometimes be hard to support my own life.

 

“What about his father?”

 

“He never talks about him. I’m guessing he must have pass away or something.” Yuri said.

 

Jessica leans on the chair, feeling worried and pity for the young man. Jin is a good person and yet his life is a mess. It may seem unfair, but that is how life is. She couldn’t accept his confession, although she admits she loves him just not as much as Taeyeon. However, she still wants to be there as a friend that supports him. At least, she won’t feel guilty and this is one of her ways to repay back his good deeds. She is sure that Jin would understands why she only wants to be friends instead of lovers. “You sure know a lot of stuffs.” Jessica said to Yuri, in amuse. She chuckles. “I only know a thing or two.” She gives a small smile. Both doctors talk about Jessica’s plan for Taeyeon’s treatments until the sound of the bed creaking stops the discussion. Jessica quickly goes by Taeyeon’s side while Yuri just stands a bit far from the bed. “Taeyeon?” Jessica called softly. Taeyeon slowly open her eyes and turns her head slightly towards Jessica. Her eyelids are half-open while her sight is still blurry.

 

“Taeyeon, it’s me, Jessica.” She caressed her cheek lovingly. Taeyeon weakly reaches out to hold Jessica’s hand and leans in to her warm touch. As if the contact they’ve made makes her body feels less ache. Taeyeon sighs in relief, just grateful for Jessica’s presence right now. She didn’t want to wake up alone like before.

 

“She seems to be fine.” Yuri smiled. She heard about the story from fellow staffs and also got worried about her former-patient’s condition. Taeyeon is doing fine, thankfully. “I’ll go tell the staff that she’s awake.” Yuri leaves the ward to give them some privacy.

 

Jessica leans down to kiss Taeyeon’s forehead. “I’m sorry, Tae for leaving you and got yourself hurt by a psychopath. I’m really sorry.” She apologized as tears begin pooling in her eyes. Taeyeon’s sight is blurry, but Jessica’s shaky voice makes her notices that the woman was about to cry. She shook her head then gives a small smile-telling Jessica that she didn’t mind and that she is okay. Warmth fills Jessica’s heart and she, once again admires this amazing patient of hers.’ “I won’t leave you again.” She whispered, but loud enough for Taeyeon to hear. She nods her head, before letting herself to be embraces by Jessica.

 

 

Taeyeon just finish getting through a few checkups and Eunjung confirms to Jessica that Taeyeon’s condition is not too bad which is a relief to the psychotherapist. Right now, Jessica is feeding Taeyeon some rice and chicken soup. It lacks some salt, but it is good enough to satisfy the hungry patient. “Here comes the airplane. Woosh!” Jessica fake an airplane sound as she guides the spoon down towards Taeyeon’s mouth like a flying plane. Taeyeon happily eats the spoonful of rice. She didn’t mind Jessica acting as if she is feeding a kid. In fact, Taeyeon loves it. Jessica puts away the empty tray and helps Taeyeon to support the glass in her hands while she drink. Since she is not fully recover, her body is still weak.

 

“Your appetite is getting better.” Jessica praised. Before, Taeyeon only eats several times a week, resulting her skinny body. Now, she looks more energetic and her skin is not so pale anymore. Jessica looks at Taeyeon. “Hey,” She calls in a soft tone as she holds Taeyeon’s hand. “I want to tell you something.” Her patient stares at her with those round, brown-eyes of hers’, curious on what Jessica wants to say.

 

“After what happened last night, I’m getting more concerned about your safety. I mean, I’m not allowed to be with you 24/7 in your room. I also cannot simply trust everyone here to take care of you and makes sure you’re safe from harm. Not every person here is good. I can only believe you’re safe if you’re with me.” Taeyeon keeps staring at her, Jessica continues to the good part of this talk. “So, I decided to talked to the owner about this matter and he gave me his answer. Now, I wanted to ask you this. Do you want to come home and live with me?”

 

When Taeyeon hears about it, the first she did is hug Jessica tightly while happily nodding her head.

               

Jessica smiles as she wrap her arms around Taeyeon’s slim waist and rests her head on her crown. She loves this warmth. It calms her, getting rid of the worriedness she have about the given task, just for a moment. This is just the beginning of the challenge. Jessica knows it will not be easy and it’s going to tough, but she is determine to accomplish this no matter what.

 

 

 

to be continued

 

A/N: Hey, hey, hey, finally the update that have been requested by many ;) As usual, thanks for the continuos support and love you guys give for this fiction. I, honestly, did not expect to have these kinds of responds since I only wrote it out of the blue. Your support encourage me to do more interesting updates :) IDK, but I felt this one is a bit short too. Well, since I've been in University for almost two months, I'm getting busier so please forgive for late updates and un-interesting plot. The kiss was random tho, don't bash me x3 Anyways, hope you enjoy and see you in the update ;D [PS: Watch Gfriend ft Mamamoo Showtime! It's really fun!]