PART 5

FOREVER: EP 2

PART 5

 

Author’s POV

            “Unnie!” Soojung shouted causing Jessica almost let the cigarette to fell on her own bared-laps. The youngest of the Jung sisters marched towards her eldest with a serious expression. Jessica awkwardly smiled. “Hey.” Soojung rolled her eyes. “Don’t hey me, unnie! I told you many times, smoking is not good for your health. Jeez.” She frantically waved her arms around. Jessica rubbed the back of her neck while sighing. Her sister had been telling her to stop smoking ever since she told the truth to her. Jessica wanted to kept it a secret but she just couldn’t help by being honest with her beloved sister. Although Soojung could sometimes annoyed her with speeches that she got from God-Knows-Where, she didn’t felt angry about it. She knew how much her little sister love and care for her. They’re very attached to each other-so close like they were twins.

 

“Sorry, I’ll try to stop.” Jessica threw away the half-lit cigarette down the drain. “See? All gone.” She slightly smiled. Soojung wasn’t satisfied. She gestured her finger.

 

“Give me the whole pack, unnie.” She sternly said.

 

Jessica’s eyes widen a bit. “What? I just bought them! Come on, let me keep it.” However, Soojung refused the idea. “No, unnie. If you want to stop, then you should start by confiscating your cigarettes. So, hand it over to me.”

 

“B-But, Soojung-ah, I just bought this. I can’t stand not smoking for a day. I’ll go all weak and those gangs would beat me up easily.” Jessica pleaded. “Then, try learn to fight those gangsters without nicotine. Now, give it to me.” Soojung gestured her hand, telling her to give the pack. Jessica wanted to argued but she knew she wouldn’t go anywhere. Soojung was a hard-headed person; she won’t change her mind even if she kneeled. Jessica sighed and handed the pack of cigarettes with a heavy heart. “Here.” She sounded weak. Soojung securely puts it inside her pocket. “See? Was that hard to resist your temptations?” Jessica nodded. Of course, it was hard for a smoker. Like they say, cigarettes are their way to continue living-in a bad and unhealthy way though. Soojung smiled softly at her sulking sister.

 

“I know it’s hard, unnie. But, I just wanted the best for you because I cared.”

 

Jessica looked at Soojung. “Yeah, I do know that. Wish it was much easier to stop. I shouldn’t have started doing it in the first place. My addiction is getting worse.” She said.

 

“You don’t have to worry about that. I’ll help you along the way. We’re sisters, we look out for each other.” Soojung lightly punched Jessica on the arm. The older one chuckled. “Yah, if you punch someone like that, you can’t protect yourself.” She said.

 

“Pch, I’m not like you. I don’t go around fighting with high school gangsters.” Soojung said as she crossed her arms. Jessica got silence. Her sister immediately noticed her quietness. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

 

Jessica looked up-staring at the stars decorating the dark sky. “Are you embarrassed? Having a sister like me? I mean, I’m not a good role model at all to you. I fought. I smoke. I caused troubles most of the time. People would always talked how bad I am and I shouldn’t be the sister of  someone nice and gentle like you.”

 

            Soojung chuckled at her sister’s words causing Jessica to raised her eyebrow-confused why she found this particular question to be funny? Soojung wrapped her arm around Jessica’s shoulders while smiling sweetly. “Yes, you are a bad influence. Even our parents said that. But, I never feel embarrassed having a sister like you.” She lightly took a breath of the cold breeze. “Sure, you did troubles. However, not everyone gets to have a cool, badass high school gangster to be your older sister. Don’t doubt yourself, unnie. You are more than what you and people think. I accept you just the way you are. I’m proud to have you to be my sister. You’re not a very good role model, but you always care and protect me from harm. I’m grateful for that.”

 

Jessica slightly smiled, feeling a bit relieved after hearing her sister’s thought. “You really think so?”

 

“Yeah.” Soojung nodded. “I am very sure. Jessica unnie is one of a kind. Put faith in yourself.” She patted her shoulder.

 

“I appreciate that. Thanks-my baby Soojung!” Jessica teasingly messed up the younger girl’s hair. Soojung immediately pushed her hand and scoffed away. “Ugh, unnie, my hair is ruin!” She complaint. Jessica laughed. “Sorry about that, you’re just too cute I couldn’t resist.” Soojung pouted her lips and pretended to sulk by walking away. “I’m going home so I can burn all your cigarettes for messing my hair.” She threatened while showing the box of newly buy cigarettes in her hand. Jessica’s eyes widen and she quickly ran towards her sister. “Sorry, I was just messing around. Please forgive me.” She pleaded. Her puppy eyes looking straight at Soojung. She might be the older one, but sometimes acting cute comes in handy. Despite being an unofficial gangster, she was still adorable. Soojung rolled her eyes. “Fine, just don’t mess up my hair again. Jeez.” She walked faster. Jessica chuckled and quickly followed her pace.

 

“Hey?” Jessica called. Soojung turned towards her. “I only did that because I love you. Just want you to know that.”

 

“Of course, I know. I always scolded you for smoking because I love and care for you.” Soojung replied. Jessica perfectly knew that fact and she felt grateful having Soojung to be her beloved sister. She cannot imagined living her life without Soojung by her side. They were like twins-attached so close-their minds and souls. That was why Jung sisters were special. The bond they shared; the connection they had was unbreakable no matter how bad the other one was. In this case, Soojung did not bother being related with Jessica. The two always thought of sticking together-through thick and thin-through sickness and in health. They would overcome the challenges in their lives as a pair. Jessica wanted to protect Soojung; never letting her sister get hurt by anyone. It was her promise to herself. She linked her arm around Soojung’s. “How about Kimchi Fried Rice? Sounds good?”

 

“Just don’t burn down the kitchen. Mom and dad is outstation.” Soojung reminded. Jessica wasn’t a bad cook, just a clumsy one. The food she makes are still edible.

 

“I won’t. I’ve been practicing my cooking so you won’t get hungry when mom is out.” Jessica proudly said.

 

“Really?” Soojung asked and Jessica nodded to the question. “Well, that’s nice. I may consider giving you one cigarette after dinner.”

 

“Seriously? You would?” Jessica happily smiled. Soojung thought it would wrong to do that but it doesn’t hurt to do it once in a while. Besides, to stop smoking isn’t easy. Jessica could stop with baby steps. “Just this once. After that, I’ll only give it to you thrice a week. I don’t want my sister to be in a ‘coma.’ We’ll start with baby steps.” Soojung said. Jessica hugged Soojung’s arm while smiling. She was right. Her sister would always understand her. “I love you, Soojung. Remember that.” Jessica confessed. Soojung smiled as she tucked strains of her hair behind her ear. “Of course I’ll remember that. I love you too, unnie. We’re sisters until the end.” She said. Jessica looked at the bright stars upon them. Imagining their bond is strong like the thousand stars in the sky.

 

“Sisters until the end.”

 

            Jessica looks at herself in the mirror. She’s still at the bar-inside the women’s toilet. She have been drinking so much beer since she came earlier and her head is slightly becoming dizzy. Maybe washing her face would make her feel much better. Jessica hold out her hands to gather some water and washes her whole face a few times. She didn’t wear make-up so it’s fine. She once again looks at her own reflection in the crooked mirror. She didn’t know why she suddenly remembers the memory with Soojung out of the blue. That promise is something Jessica will never forget and yet she still couldn’t fulfill it. The guilt starts consuming her fragile heart again. She runs her hand through her long hair while sighing heavily. ‘Why I’m suddenly remembering about this?’ She thought.

 

Soojung? S-Soojung? It’s me, Jessica. Your sister. I’m here for you. Unnie is here for you.

 

Soojung looked at Jessica with a pair of empty, lifeless eyes. ‘Who’s Soojung? I’m-no one.’

 

‘S-S-Soojung, stop saying like that. You’re Jung Soojung, my beloved, beautiful sister. You’re not no one. Please-don’t say that.’

 

“Stop.” Jessica held her head. She just wants to knock off the memory from her mind right now. She didn’t want to remember. No, she didn’t want.

 

‘I am no one. I’m nothing but a dirty . A piece of meat that was just thrown away after being used. That’s who I am. Am I right?’

 

“Stop, I said stop!” Jessica hit her knuckles on the sink. The voices she fears has come back to her mind again. It’s making her crazy. It’s torturing her soul. Her back hits the wall while she pulls her hair-her eyes shutting so tight with the hope those voices from her darkest memories will be gone. “Stop, please.” She almost cried.

 

It’s your fault. It’s your fault. It’s your fault. All your fault.’

 

            “Stop! I said stop! Damn it!” She screamed. Suddenly, someone pats her on the shoulder and she shot her eyes open only to see a younger woman standing in front of her. She is tall, thin and have long, brown hair. She wears a fade yellow-color t-shirt with a pair of blank jeans. Her eyes looking at Jessica worriedly. Who wouldn’t be worried? She is screaming like crazy as if she has been possess by an evil ghost. “Are you okay?” She asked. Jessica quickly stands up from the floor, straighten her clothes and wipes the tears pooling in her eyes earlier. “I’m-okay. Thanks.” She gave a weak smile. The younger woman is still looking worried though. She is not sure that Jessica is okay as she said she was. “Are you sure? You seem to be, really scared earlier.” She said. Even now, Jessica looks pale. However, the doctor just nods. “I’m fine, really. I was just-having stress. That’s all.”

 

The stranger female nods. “Well, if you say so. Do you want me to keep you accompany?” Jessica raises her eyebrow, confuse by the odd offer. The young woman understands the confusion and quickly states her reason. “I’m just worried about you. I am usually like this. I worried about people-even the ones I don’t know. Please, don’t take it the wrong way.” She rubbed the back of her neck. Jessica chuckles. “I appreciate that. But, I assure you I am fine. Thank you for worrying about me.” She replied. The younger woman smiles, relief that Jessica did not misunderstand her intention as trying to flirt or anything. She is being honest. She’s the type of person that worries about others even if they were strangers.

 

“Alright, I hope you are really okay mm-mind telling me your name?” The unknown woman asked.

 

Jessica is about to mention her name but she stops when she remembers about Hara’s warning. It does make her a bit suspicious to randomly meet this person and she is being so nice to her. Could it be this person have any relation with Taeyeon? Is she of the people that was trying to hide Taeyeon’s information like Hara mentioned? Jessica isn’t sure but she needs to take precautions. She stays calm. “My name’s Sooyeon.” She replied. Since only a few knows her Korean name, she thinks it would be safe to use it. At least, if she’s in trouble, it would hard for those ‘bad people’ to find her. “I’m Yoona. Nice to meet you.” The stranger or her name Yoona, introduced herself while reaching her hand out from a handshake. “Nice to meet you too.” Jessica shakes hand with the taller woman.

 

“I really do hope you’re okay.”

 

“I’ll be fine. You don’t have to worry so much.” Jessica smiled.

 

             Yoona’s phone suddenly rings and she quickly takes the call when she sees the caller’s ID. “Hello?” She distances herself a bit further from Jessica. “Yeah, sure. I’ll come by after this. Don’t worry about it. Bye.” Yoona ended the short call and puts her phone back inside her pocket. She turns around towards her new ‘acquaintance.’ “I have to go now. Please be careful. Maybe we’ll meet again next time?” Yoona asked. Jessica smiles and nods her head. “I have a feeling we will.” She said. Yoona smiles back at her then politely bows at the older one. “See you later, Sooyeon.” She waved at Jessica before leaving the restroom. Once she is gone, Jessica immediately leans her back on the wall while holding her chest. She have been trying to stay calm ever since Yoona talked to her. She takes a deep breath to slow her racing heartbeat.

 

            The last time she heard voices in her head was years ago when she was still nineteen, few weeks after Soojung’s death. It was a mental disorder. For the next one in a half year, she was haunted by voices and nightmares from her darkest part of her memories. It was so real to her that she cannot sleep or even close her eyes. Jessica suffered a lot from that until her parents decided to send her to the experts. She was given therapies and medicine to ensure she would stay calm. The problem was gone by the time she took the entrance exam for University. But, somehow, her mental problem came back these past few weeks. Not frequent, yet it was enough to make her lose her mind again. Jessica cannot deny how she fears that this will happen again. She had enough during her teenage years.

 

 “Calm d-down. Calm down, Jessica.” She whispered to herself. She reaches into her pocket and takes out a small bottle containing white pills. She stares at it for a while. “No, you can calm yourself. You don’t need this anymore.” Jessica sighed heavily while putting the pills back into her pocket. With trembling knees, she walks out from the restroom and goes back to their table. Thankfully, the dimness of the place makes the sweats forming on her forehead unnoticeable.

 

            She finally sits down on her seat earlier and immediately grabs the glass of beer from Hara’s hand-drinking it in one-shot. She needs that. “Wow.” Hara said. “Slow down, you’re going to get drunk.” She takes back the glass to pour herself another drink then for Jessica. She looks at her best friend. Although the place is dim, she notices Jessica’s pale face. “Sica? What’s wrong?” She quickly went closer. “You look-awful. Are you feeling sick?” Jessica shook her head. Suddenly, something falls down on the floor. Hara hears the light thud and hunches down to pick up what fell. She takes the bottle-immediately knows the familiar pills. “Sica-“ Jessica holds her shoulder. “I’m fine, Hara. You don’t have to worry.” She said, her voice sounded weaker than usual.

 

“Jessica, don’t tell me you’re…”

 

“Hara, please don’t say it. I don’t want to hear about that again. I have too much to think right now.” Jessica leans on the chair. “I’ll be okay. I have to be strong-for Taeyeon.”

 

“You do know you’re hurting yourself inside? You can’t rely 100% on these pills.” Hara said.

 

“But, those pills can help me. If I got caught for having ‘this problem’, I’ll be fired and I can’t see or help Taeyeon. I don’t want that. Not now, that I’m so close in cracking this case open. That’s why I asked for your help a few years ago, Hara. To wipe that part in my medical records.”

 

Hara stares at Jessica and finally sighs in defeat. She puts back the pills inside Jessica’s pocket. “If you have some spare times, go and see any experts again. I can help you arrange one. You can’t just do anything, or else it would get worse.” Jessica nods, understanding her friend’s worriedness. She is in desperate to get rid of her problem fast. She grabs the glass of beer on the table and drinks it until the last drop, hoping a bit of drunkenness will help her to avoid those painful voices inside her head.

 

            A loud sound of glass shattering on the floor distract the duo along with other customers. The waitress accidently bumps onto a man and drops the drinks on the floor. She keeps bowing-apologizing for her clumsy mistake and the man angrily shouts at her for getting his shirt dirty. He pushes her shoulder, shouting while she could only stays quiet. “Now, that’s just rude.” Hara said, seeing the scene in front of them. Jessica did not give a comment about it. Instead, she thought about her patient back at the facility. The face of the smirking officer pops into her head and she can feel that bad vibe again. “Taeyeon.” She immediately stood up from the table. Hara turns around to look at her. “Where you’re going?” She asked. “I’m going back to the facility.” Jessica hurriedly put down some money on the table, grabs the file and walks away without saying any goodbyes. Hara only watches as her friend exits the building while drinking another glass of beer.

 

            Jessica enters her car. She could feel the weird feeling becoming stronger and stronger. She didn’t know why, but she sense the Hye-yoon officer is up to no good. Once the engine of her car starts, she press on the pedal and drives away towards the facility. The car goes fast-cutting every car in front. Jessica did not care the honks and curses she receives from the other drivers. She only wants Taeyeon to be safe. Jessica drives the car as fast as it could get. Sweats begin forming on her forehead and her heart beating fast. “Taeyeon, please be safe. Wait for me.”

 

xxx

 

BACK AT THE FACILITY

 

            Taeyeon stares at the man hovering on top of her with fear. Both of her arms are pin down by his left hand while the right one used to cover . He leans closer, smelling her scent and devilishly smiles. “You smell really nice.” He runs the tip of his finger down Taeyeon’s jawline as he his lips. Taeyeon cannot help but tearing up at the scene of his erted face. She hates it-his smirk, lustful eyes and his cheap-cologne scent. “Now, now, don’t cry, my beautiful .” He said, gently wiping the tears running down Taeyeon’s soft cheek. “I’m a gentle man. You don’t have to be scared.” He leans near her face and her bottom lip causing Taeyeon to shut her eyes tightly-feeling utterly disgust and scared. “So-delicious.” He whispered in a scary tone. The man stares at Taeyeon-admiring her beauty.

 

“I noticed you since the first day you moved in. I have never seen such a beautiful patient in my days in this rotten place. Seeing you makes me overjoy. I knew I was in love. I needed you. I needed to feel you. Touch you. Yes, I need to satisfy this pain I felt and finally today I have this opportunity.” He laughs. “I could do it before, but knowing your condition. It won’t be-satisfying and fun. I want to be the man that makes you kneel and beg to be pound all night. I have to thanked that ty doctor. She helped me, making it much easier. You can talk, feel and have emotions now. Isn’t it just great?” He then slips his hand under her shirt, roughly grabbing one of her causing Taeyeon to grunt in pain. “You have such a perfect body.” He complimented while slowly kneading her . Taeyeon didn’t want to get . No, she must fight back. Her body still feels weak because of the medicine but she have enough strength to freed one of her hands and grabs anything near her then hits him hard on the head.

 

“AHH!” The officer fell down on the floor. Taeyeon uses all her strength to stand up and run towards the door. She tries to open it, however the door is lock and can only be open with a key. She feels her knees getting weaker. “Come here!” He shouted as he stood up. Taeyeon backs away to the corner of the room. It’s no use since her back ends up hitting the wall.

 

            The tall officer pulls Taeyeon’s hair and throws her small body across the room. Taeyeon holds her twisted arm. She tries to get back up but falls flat on the floor again when the officer kicks her on the stomach causing Taeyeon to be in pain. He grabs a handful of her hair-lifting her up so their faces are close. “I was being really nice to you, little . Yet, you did this to me!” He pointed at his bruised head. “!” He slams her on the floor and slaps her face really hard. Taeyeon’s sight becomes blurry. The hit was hard for her to take. “I’ll make sure that doctor of yours’ to cry her eyes out when she sees you after this.” He laughs evilly. The officer unbuckles his belt. Then, he reaches down to Taeyeon’s pants. She tries to fight back but her hands are pin down by his strong hand. She opens -trying to plead for this man to stop doing this. However, no voice comes out. She is still scared. His lustful eyes stare at her like a hungry wolf as he slowly takes off her pants-enjoying every second of Taeyeon’s fear.

 

“You’ll be mine.” He whispered. He is about to take his pants off when the door swings open and someone pushes him off from Taeyeon. He lands hard on the floor and got pin down. “!” The officer shouted angrily. “Shut up! You have the right to remain silence, idiot.” Jin spat at the senior officer.

 

            Taeyeon is still lying on the same spot-trembling as her eyes are close tightly. A familiar voice calling her name and a pair of arms hugging her weak body makes Taeyeon finally realizes she is safe. She slowly open her eyes, revealing Jessica’s scared expression and worried eyes staring at her. The doctor is already crying so hard seeing her patient’s condition. Taeyeon blink her eyes-wondering if it’s just a dream. But, the warmth of Jessica’s body against her skin is a sign that it is reality. She is save just in time. “I’m sorry, Taeyeon-ah. I’m really, really sorry. I’m-I’m sorry.” Jessica could only manage to apologizes while kissing Taeyeon’s crown. Tears couldn’t stop falling from her eyes. Taeyeon couldn’t hold on to her emotions much longer and hugs Jessica tightly as she cries silently on her chest. Never in her life she feels so scared. She thought it was the end of her life but Jessica came to save her just like before. It makes Taeyeon more grateful than ever.

 

Jessica, on the other hand, feels the total opposite. Guilty.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

            I knew something bad is going to happen the moment I met that rude officer, Hye-yoon. I just had that feeling that he was a person with a very bad vibe. I don’t know why I got this odd feel that he will hurt Taeyeon, I cannot ignore my instinct. I already made a huge mistake in the past. I don’t want the same thing happen to Taeyeon. No, I promise that I will protect her. I have to keep her safe no matter what. I will not break another promise. I press on the pedal harder as I swiftly switch gears-driving as fast as I could towards the facility. It wasn’t that far from the bar, but the cars in front slow me down. I have to cut them. Right now, I didn’t care to risk my life. When I got to the facility, the guard in front immediately opens the gate for me. I ignore his greeting and goes inside. I’m sure he must found me rude at the moment.

 

            I was driving towards the patients’ building when I saw a familiar person among the officers outside another building. I thought they should be guarding the patients right now. Why are they outside? I park my car near them and opens the window. “Officer Seungri!” I called out. He turns towards me and smile politely. “Doctor Jung. You already finish your business?” I only nod my head to his question. “Why are all the officers outside? Aren’t you guys supposed to be guarding the cells?” I asked. “Oh, we are but officer Hye-yoon said that our chief wanted us to gather outside for a short meeting. It is weird that the chief is suddenly calling out for a meeting this late. Usually, he would inform 2-3 days early.” Seungri explained. When I heard him mentioned that officer’s name, I know my instinct was true.

 

“Where’s officer Hye-yoon?” I quickly asked.

 

“He told me that he forgotten some paper works the chief asked for the meeting so he went to get it.” Seungri replied. Jessica’s eyes widen. The cells are all lock. They are no officers guarding. He is the only officer with the keys that can unlock those cells. Taeyeon is all alone right now. “Oh no.” She whispered. Seungri raises his eyebrow. “What’s wrong?” “I-I have to go.” I didn’t wait for his reply. I immediately drives towards the patients’ building and parks just in front. I didn’t even mind to turn off the engine and hurriedly exits the car then runs inside. As soon as I enter, I see Jin standing in front of the elevator. I call his name out before he could even walk inside the elevator. “Jessica?” He looked at me while I approached him. “I thought you’re meeting that detective?”

 

“Jin, Taeyeon’s in trouble.” I immediately said.

 

“What?” Jin is surprise hearing my words.

 

“There’s that officer, his name is Hye-yoon. I met him earlier this morning. I-I think he is up to no good.”

 

“Hye-yoon hyung? He’s the strict one, isn’t it? Are you sure about this? I mean, he never committed something bad before-“

 

I cut Jin’s words. “All the officers working in this building are outside except for him. They were asked to gather for a meeting by the chief.”

 

“The chief? What do you mean? The chief is currently outside of town right now-“ Then, it finally hit him. His eyes widen and he pulls me into the elevator. He punches the button to the fourth floor. “That bastard.” I heard him said in a low tone. “I was suspicious that he kept passing by Taeyeon’s cell when I was going to meet you. It’s like he was observing your every movement. I thought he was just being all strict like usual. But, now I know. He’s been planning this ‘’ from the start. He just needed to wait for the perfect time.” Everything Jin said made sense to me. No wonder he was always there whenever I came out from the cell. He was watching me, waiting for me to leave Taeyeon. That’s why he smirked at me earlier-he wanted to do something bad and I couldn’t be there to save her.

 

My heart is beating fast. I feel dizzy and confuse. The elevator ride feels like hours to us. My hands are trembling in fear as my face turns pale-scared of Taeyeon’s safety. Will she be alright? Am I going to save her in time? No, no, I don’t want it to happen again. I don’t want that to make me loss another one that I love and cherish. Once the elevator’s door is open, we quickly run as fast as we could towards Taeyeon’s cell. I could hear the voice of a man shouting. It was faint but I heard what he said. “I was being really nice to you, little . Yet, you did this to me!” Then, I heard a thud on the floor. “!” My legs run faster. Taeyeon, I’ll save you. Please hold on! When we got in front of the cell, Jin takes out a bunch of keys and start to use each one that can unlock the door. He is nervous too so his hand keeps shaking. We are sweating as our breath becomes rage.

 

“Jin, hurry up!” I ended up shouting as I pull my hair.

 

“I’m-trying.” I didn’t how many keys he had tried to unlock the door. I can’t help but feeling like a mad person right now. “Jin!” I desperately shouted. He uses another key and it successfully unlocks the door. He pushes it open-revealing the officer hovering on top Taeyeon. Her pants are already taken off. I stood there in shock. My whole body froze at the same spot- I couldn’t move my hands and legs.

 

            Everything starts to turn into a slow-mo. Jin pushes away the officer from Taeyeon and pins him down on the floor. They’re both shouting angrily at each other but I couldn’t hear what they’re saying. My eyes staring at Taeyeon. Those voices starts to come inside my head again-pulling me deeper into the dark past of mine. I saw it. That same image. A tear falls from my eyes and soon I found myself crying again like that same day. I feel my knees getting so weak to the point I almost fall kneeling on the floor. I shut my eyes tightly, letting the tears falling like a waterfall. ‘I’m no one.’ I open my eyes. No, Jessica, you can’t let yourself get weak. You can’t let those voices take-over of you again-not this time. You have to be strong, for the sake of Taeyeon. I approach her. Damn, my legs feel so heavy to walk or is it my heart that hurts so much? “Taeyeon.” I called her name with a gentle tone. The moment our distance is close, I immediately wrap my arms around her small body-pulling her into a tight hug.

 

            Taeyeon slowly open her eyes and look up to me. I told myself to be strong yet I fail miserably. It remains me so much of that day! She blink her eyes so many times. I hug her tighter, sharing my warmth with her. I wanted her to know that I am here for her and no one will harm her again. “I’m sorry, Taeyeon-ah. I’m really, really sorry. I’m-I’m sorry.” I could only apologized as I cried. “I’m sorry.” I whispered as I kissed Taeyeon’s crown. Finally, I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. Taeyeon lays on my chest-crying silently as she grip on my clothes with her trembling hands. She must have so scared. I shouldn’t have let myself get carried away at the bar earlier. I made a silly mistake and Taeyeon almost lose herself because of that. I’m such a fool. How can I put a faith on myself? How can believe again that I can protect her? I shouldn’t have left long. Her fears become so much worse and it’s all because of my foolishness.

 

My hand soothing her back. “It-It’s okay. I’m here. No one is going to hurt you anymore. I promise. I promise I won’t let anyone take you away from me. I-I’m sorry, Taeyeon.” I said to her with full of sincerity. We both just sit there on the floor-hugging and crying together.

 

            A few officers including Seungri walk into the cell in panic. Jin looks at them. “You two, take him to the police station.” He ordered. Seungri and another male officer did not ask further question. They immediately handcuff Hye-yoon’s hands and force him to stands up from the floor. “You motherer.” He cursed at Jin as he struggles on the handcuffs. Jin gives him a cold look. “You’re the er here.” He fired back. I never seen Jin curses before, not even to the hard-headed patients here. His eyes look so scary. Hye-yoon smirks, “you think I don’t know your little secret?” Secret? I couldn’t help but feeling curious. Is he playing just so he could escape? I turn my gaze at Jin. His expression changes a bit-more like a nervous one. I can tell he’s trying to stay compose. “I don’t have any secrets.”

 

Hye-yoon laughs like a psychopath. “Don’t lie!” He shouted and forces himself to pull away from the officers to lean closer to Jin. “I know your little ty deal with the boss. You think you wouldn’t get caught? I’m not an idiot like everyone else here.”

 

I didn’t get what that officer is trying to say, but whatever it was, Jin doesn’t seem to like it much. He pulls Hye-yoon’s collar and glares at him. “No, I’m sure you’re the idiot one here. I don’t want to see your ing face comes near me, Jessica, Taeyeon and this place!” He said with a strong push making Hye-yoon almost fall. “Take him away.” Jin ordered. “Yes, sir.” The two of them forcefully drags him towards the door. I pull Taeyeon closer to me when he passes by us. My eyes looking at him with full of anger and hatred. If Taeyeon wasn’t in my arms, I’ll already be hitting his pretty face and wipe off that stupid smirk of his’. I really mean it. Suddenly, he stops and look at us. Taeyeon hugs me tighter. I hold her hand and covers her view with my body. I glare at the insane man. “Hope you’ll get what you deserve.” I said to him. He laughs at my remarks.

 

“You’ll regret for believing that man. He is a liar, I tell you. He’ll betray you at the end.” He smirked. I didn’t want to believe him. Jin is a good man. This lunatic is just trying to mess up my mind.

 

“You’re lying. Jin is an honest and kind person.”

 

He laughs, much louder and scarier this time. “We’ll see who’s right, little kitten.” Those were his last words before he was drag outside. I’m uneasy by what he said earlier. I felt like he was telling me the truth, although it was hard for me to believe it. I shook his head. I shouldn’t be thinking about this. I need to care for Taeyeon first.

 

            Jin walk towards her. He takes off his suit and uses it to cover Taeyeon’s legs. “Thanks.” I sniffed. He gives me a warm smile while lightly patting my shoulder. “She’s alright. We came just in time.” He told me. I sadly nod. “Yes, she’s save, physically but not mentally.” I wipe my tears away and caresses Taeyeon’s hair lovingly. Her body becomes less tense, she lays her head on my chest as she closed her eyes, letting out a sigh of calmness.  “She’ll be fine as long as you’re here for her.” His words lessen my guilt. I look at Taeyeon. I’m just really glad that she is safe, here in my arms. “Look, the staffs are going to be here any minute now. They’re going to take Taeyeon for a few checkups at the facility’s clinic, just to make sure she’s not badly injured.”

 

“Take her away?” I raised my eyebrows. “I don’t think it’s a good idea, Jin. She almost got . She’s-more scared of the place and the people working here. She won’t let me leave her with strangers.”

 

Jin sighs. “I understand that. But, this is for her own good. Besides, this is one of the procedures. If a patient is attack, he or she must be taken for checkups. We can’t disobey that rule even if we want too.”

 

            I couldn’t go against this. I have no authority even if I’m her doctor. Bureaucracy can sometimes be annoying. Well, there’s nothing much I can do except convince Taeyeon. “Hey.” She looks up to me. I wipe the remaining tears on her face with my thumb. “This nice officer said some people are going to come and take you to the clinic for a few checkups.” When I said that, her expression already shows worriedness and fear. “They’re afraid if you’re badly injured. So, you need to go with them, alright?” Taeyeon grips on my clothes tighter as she shook her head. I can see fear in her eyes. After what had happened earlier, being around strangers is the thing she wanted to avoid the most right now. I wish I could disagree to this, but this is for her own good.

 

“Taeyeon.” I lovingly caressed her cheek while smiling. “I know you’re scared. I’m scared too. But, remember. We have to be strong so we can support each other.” I hold her hand and kiss on top of her palm. “I promise that you’ll be safe. No one will ever hurt or harm you again. Please believe in me.” Taeyeon seems hesitance. I keep trying. “That’s my promise-to protect you. As soon as they finish checking on you, I’ll see you and we can sleep together tonight. I’ll sing you a lullaby too. Sounds good, right?” I can see her eyes soften a bit. She might be thinking about what I said. “I will always be there for you no matter what. Don’t be afraid and put your faith on me. You will be okay.” I told her. Finally, Taeyeon agrees by a slight nod of her head.

 

A few minutes later, three staffs arrive at the cell while bringing a stretcher. The two tall females approach Taeyeon and wants to lift her up but Taeyeon scoffs away. She looks at me and I give a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.” I signal the staffs that it is okay. They carefully carries her to the stretcher and Taeyeon did not struggle or fight back. She still looks worried though. “I’ll see you later.” I said while caressing her cheek. Taeyeon sighs as she nods. “We’ll take care of her, Doctor.” One of them said to me before they walk out from the cell while carrying Taeyeon on the stretcher. As soon as they’re gone, I finally feel the weakness of my body and I sit down on the bed. Jin sits next to me.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked. I shook my head.

 

“I don’t think Taeyeon is safe here. I can’t trust these people, I felt like they wanted to hurt her when I’m gone. I left for a few hours and some lunatic officer almost her.” I ran my hand through my hair.

 

Jin takes my hand and holds it-rubbing his thumb on top of my palm to make me feel ease. “I’m sorry about-all of this. I never expected Hye-yoon would do such a thing.”

 

“No one can expect what people would do to someone.” I said. “For what I know, Taeyeon is now scared for her own life. Her fears are getting worse and it will be harder for me to treat her. She expect me to always be by her side, but I can’t really do that because of my limits here as a doctor.”

 

“So, what do you think you should do then?” Jin asked and his question made me think. Then, I remembered my meeting with Mr. Lee. “Taeyeon is his biggest asset. He’s willing to do anything for the sake of her treatment.” I whispered to myself. Jin raises his eyebrow, clearly didn’t hear what I said. “Pardon?”

 

“I need to see Mr. Lee, right now.”

 

“Mr. Lee? Jessica, are you sure?” Jin asked. He didn’t know what’s in my mind. I’m have no intention to tell him, yet. I confidently nods. “This could help Taeyeon.” He seems to be hesitance by my idea. But, he didn’t disagree to it. He looks at me.

 

“Alright, I’ll bring you to see him.”

 

XXX

 

 

Author’s POV

 

            Once they arrived at the private-owned building, two guards approach them. “No one is allowed here after six.” One of them said. Jin walks closer to the one that spoke and whispers something into his ear. Jessica didn’t know what Jin have said to him but it sure did the trick. They immediately let them pass the gates. “You sure know the ways to done things here.” Jessica said. Jin chuckles, in an awkward manner. “Well, I guess I earned a lot after a few years working here.” He replied. Jessica didn’t ask any further question and they continue walking up the stairs towards the office. Victoria, the assistant sees the pair from a far. She stands up and greets them once their distance is close.

 

“Hello, Dr. Jung. May I help you?”

 

“Hello.” Jessica slightly bowed. “I need to see Mr. Lee. I have an urgent matter to discuss with him.” She said. Jin only stands behind her, he didn’t want to interfere.

 

“Oh, I see. Unfortunately, Mr. Lee is currently having an important meeting inside with a client. I suggest you come by tomorrow. I can ‘book’ an appointment for you first thing in the morning.” Victoria sits back down on her chair. She’s about to write down an appointment for the doctor but Jessica stops her.

 

“I’m sorry, but I cannot wait. I must meet him now.”

 

“W-Well, Doctor, he have already asked me not to let anyone interfere. The client is really important to him. Please, you can come tomorrow.” Victoria explained.  “No, I can’t. I have to see him.” Jessica didn’t wait for her respond and continues to walk towards the door. Jin just stands there while Victoria quickly stands up from the chair to stop Jessica from entering the office. “Doctor, you can’t-“ It’s too late. Before she could stop her, Jessica already opens the door of the office without even bother to knock first. She enters the office, earning herself surprise looks from the two men sitting on the sofas. Mr. Lee immediately frowns by the situation.

 

“Excuse me? What’s going on here? Didn’t I told you to not let anyone in?” The man glares at his assistant. Victoria bows and apologizes for her mistake. “I’m sorry, I’ve already told her but she refused to follow. I tried stopping her.”

 

“What?” Mr. Lee turns at Jessica, who’s face remains calm. “Doctor, I am in a meeting right now. You cannot just barge in like a lunatic. Your rudeness is absolutely un-acceptable.” His face already turns a bit reddish because of his anger.

 

“I apologized for my misbehave. But, this is urgent. I wanted to discuss about it.” Jessica said. Mr. Lee bit his lower lip as he places his hand on his waist.

 

“Can’t you just wait, for God sake. You can’t just do this kind of thing, doctor.”

 

“If it is not important, I would have waited.” Jessica said in a serious tone.

 

            A man’s chuckle distract their attention. For a moment there, they both forgot about the client sitting inside the room. Jessica looks at the man. From his appearance, she could guess he came from a rich background. He wears a black suit, a red tie and a pair of brown, leather shoes. He seems to be in his 40’s. Looking at his face, he seems to resembles someone that Jessica knows. His eyes and nose have quite similarities with that person. Jessica wonders if she’s just seeing things right now because of her lack of rest. The man notices her staring and gives a smile. Once again, it shows another similarity with the person. Jessica bows at him. “Hello.” She greeted politely. “My, my,” The man chuckled in amused. “You’re a beautiful woman, doctor.” He complimented. Jessica smiles. “T-Thank you. I’m sorry for my rudeness, sir.”

 

“No, no, it’s okay. I was about to go out anyways. We were already finished talking so do not worry, doctor.” The man stands up from sofa and straighten his suit. He turns at Mr. Lee then gives him a pat on the shoulder. “Report to me again next week.”

 

“Yes, sir.” Mr. Lee replied.

 

“Good.” The old man smiles. “Now, excuse me, I have a charity to attend.” He walks pass by Jessica and stops. “By the way, may I know your name?” He asked.

 

Jessica replies, “Jessica Jung, sir.”

 

“I’ll make sure to remember your name clearly. You’re an interesting person, doctor. Keep up the good work.” He said before finally walks out from the office, escorted by Victoria.

 

            The door is close-leaving only Jessica and Mr. Lee inside the office. “You almost created a chaos!” He shouted. It surprises Jessica, however she keeps her compose. “Mr. Lee, I know I did a huge mistake and being rude earlier. But, I cannot wait. I needed to discuss an urgent matter with you.” Mr. Lee ignores the doctor and sits down on the sofa. He pours the wine into the glass before picking it up. “You’re in luck. The client is happy with the new progress and currently in a good mood. Or else he would have stated I hire a rude doctor in the facility.” Mr. Lee drinks the wine in just one-shot. “You better have a very good reason to barged through those doors.” He said as he pours another glass of wine.

 

Jessica’s expression turns colder than before. “It is about Kim Taeyeon.” Upon mentioning the name, his eyes immediately looks up to Jessica. “What about her?”

 

“I came here to make a request. This is, for me, the best for her treatment.”

 

“What kind of request?” Mr. Lee raised his eyebrow.

 

 

 

“I want to take Kim Taeyeon to live with me.”

 

 

To be continued

 

A/N : Heyhey, I am back with another new chapter! First of all, I wanted to thanked for all the wonderful subs and comments I received! Your support made me kept going. ;) For muslims, Hari Raya is around the corner. So, Happy Hari Raya :D Anyways, back to the story, I felt the chapter is a bit shorter than usual. It's 12.51 AM here so I'm feeling quite sleepy. There might be errors, I apologized for that. Hopefully you will enjoy reading this. Have a nice day, guys :) - ReowesomeShikshin

 

Support Taeyeon's solo, [WHY], Jessica's new movie and Tiffany's debut in 'Unnies' SHUT UP