Finale.

FOREVER: EP 2

 

Finale.

 

It has been twelve years since the incident happened. My father was arrested and charged with multiple crimes including the murders of my mother and Soonkyu. He was sentenced to a life-imprisonment. I saw him being escorted out of the court. “Taeyeon! Save me! Get me out of here!” Those were his words. He shouted- begged me to help him. I only stood there in silence. It was a lie for me to say I was not hurt seeing my own father being dragged away. I will never see him again. No matter how cruel he was, to me, he was still the man that raised me. How pitiful life is.

 

Mr. Lee was arrested. So was Junho. I had offered him my help by lessening his prison-sentence but he refused. He wanted to repent. He wanted to feel the consequences of his wrong-doings. For once, he wanted to be treated equally. I was sad. But I understood his intention. We were both victims. Yet, only one of us is walking free. I wished him the best of luck before he was escorted away. He smiled; thanking me. Once again, I was hurt inside.

 

I went to Soonkyu’s parents to tell them the truth. They were crying miserably after hearing the news. They even apologized to me for denying our relationship in the past. We could’ve been better parents, they said. I hugged them. I told them Soonkyu never stop loving them. She always thought of them while she was still alive. She is proud to be their daughter. The cries became louder afterwards.

 

I met with Sungmin. The man who I misunderstood in the past. He is married and has a family of his own. We talked. We apologized to each other. We both cried for Soonkyu. I felt better. Meeting him gave me a proper closure. There are still burdens weighing my heart but at least from meeting these people again, I will be able to step-forward without much fear left inside of me. I can move on. I did it, my love. I gave you the justice you deserved. Rest well now, Lee Soonkyu.

 

Wendy quit the gang’s life a year after the incident. Of course, she received consequences for her decision. But through Yoona’s help, the crazy boss of theirs’ spared her life. Irene, her closest and most trustworthy ally, followed her. It was then we’ve realized those two were more than just friends. I heard they are currently staying at a country-side house- managing their own winery.

 

Jin; the man whom fell in love with Jessica and the one who had been keeping an eye on me during those years I spent at the mental-health facility. As promised, he and his men took the credits of arresting Mr. Kim-exposing his whole crimes-shutting down his hide-outs. He was promoted. Of course, he still felt he did not deserved it. The guilt made him decided to no longer work as a spy of the government. Instead, he became a instructor to train new recruits of the law enforcement.

 

Sowon, his adoptive sister, finally got the chance to pursued her studies. She is now a doctor. Taehyung, her brother, went off to launched his career as a model. Those two siblings are good-looking. Hara, Jessica’s best friend, is still doing her job as a private detective. She is often called by Jin’s pupils to help with cold-cases. She is busier than ever. She even got a special award from the government for her outstanding services. She rarely comes to visit now she is always overseas. But we’re still in contacts with her.

 

Tiffany quit her job at the company. With her savings, she invested on the old-flower shop by making it into a Korean-Japanese fusion cafe. She holds the position of a manager. While, Yoona is working as a barista and a florist. The business is doing really well. Despite the bickering and the constant teasing from Yoona, they seemed to be happy together. They got engaged a few months after officially dating and got married the next year. Which brings me to my relationship with the love of my life.

 

Jessica Jung- the woman who came unexpectedly into my life and turned it upside down. My savior and my soulmate. After the incident, the facility was shut down for good. The patients and staffs were relocated to different mental-health facilities including Yuri, Seohyun and Hyoyeon. Jessica is supposed to be working at the same place as Yuri. But she chose to retire at an early age. She is now staying at home. Of course, she didn’t just quit without much thoughts about it. She gave time for me to get back on my feet. When I was ready, I applied for jobs and managed to get one. I work for a year to add to our savings before Jessica retires from her job. We moved to a new house.

 

We got married soon after Tiffany and Yoona. We held a small ceremony, inviting our closest family members and friends. We did planned to go on a honeymoon but we’ve decided not to. Instead, after a month or so, we came to a decision to have a child of our own. Of course, Tiffany jumped into the plan by wanting one too. It was certainly surprising how this workaholic woman has became such a devoted wife. Yoona was excited. Having junior Yoona running around was her dream.

 

Since I was working on the weekdays to pay the bills, Jessica was the one carrying the pregnancy. It was not an easy journey. She threw quite a lot of tantrums. There were days I would be completely tired out of taking care of her. But after seeing how she was able to sleep peacefully every night, I felt happy. She was carrying our child. She was sick most of the time but she endured it all. Which made me more protective of Jessica than ever. Those days she spent saving me from all the harms and dangers I’ve faced, I was forever grateful for her sacrifices. She is indeed my soulmate.

 

“Tae, babe, I-ahhh!” Jessica screamed in pain as she pulled my hair. I was groaning but I just bared with it.

 

“One more push!” The doctor yelled. I can hear her screeching dolphin’s scream as she did the last push. Soon, we heard the sound of a baby’s cry. I slowly straighten my back as I looked at the bloody-covered baby on the doctor’s hands. At that moment, I felt overwhelmed with happiness and relieve. I leaned down to kissed Jessica lovingly. I no longer cared the eyes of strangers’ looking at us. We both cried happily as we both stared at the newly born baby in Jessica’s arms. Oh, I remembered, how beautiful our baby girl was. She was small and fragile. But, she was perfect.

 

“Min-Jeong…” I whispered. “Let’s name her Min-Jeong.” I said to her, my eyes not taking off of the baby.

 

 

Jessica sniffed. “I was about to name her Winter but Min-Jeong is good.” She tiredly replied.

 

 

“Well, that could be her nickname.” I chuckled. I held Winter’s small hand. I can feel her soft-skin. “Kim Min-Jeong, welcome to the family. Me and Mama Jessica will take good-care of you. We’ll protect you, always.” I said. Jessica reached out to touched my face. I saw how teary her eyes were. We kissed again, with Winter was peacefully laying in Jessica’s arms.

 

 

“Winter is growing up well. She is eight years old now. She’ll be nine soon. I wish you could meet her, mom. She is such a great kid. She’s the brightest…just like Jessica. They both…gave me so much happiness. I owe them my life.” I spoke to the portrait placed neatly in front of me. I smiled bitterly. Although I’ve moved on from the past, I still miss my mother. Some parts of me felt guilty for not talking to her while I had the chance. I can only be reminded of her and our memories together. I put the fresh flowers next to her portrait. I took a step to the side where Soonkyu’s portrait is placed.

 

 

“Soonkyu, I miss you. I still love you even until this day. You were my first love. My first ever soulmate.” I wiped the single tear falling down my face. I take a deep breath to calm myself. I put flowers near her portrait. I stand there for a while; just staring at their faces. “I’ll visit again soon.” I spoke before bowing to them. I walk out of the building towards my car at the parking lot. As I was about to get in, I saw a boy running towards his parents. The father open his arms wide and he jumps into his embrace with a huge smile. The mother gives him a kiss on the cheek. They smile brightly at each other. I could not help but smiling to myself.

 

 

Although I’m sad of losing both of my parents, I knew I have my own family waiting for me at home. They are my everything now.

 

**

 

I entered the house. I could hear the sound of loud footsteps running around the living room. “Be careful! You’ll hurt yourselves!” Tiffany yelled to the kids. I chuckled. Ever since she became a mother, she has been more protective. I walk towards the living room to see the married couple sitting on the couch. “Hey, you guys.” I greeted them with a smile.

 

 

“Tae, you’re back.” Tiffany looked at me. “Are you doing okay?” She asked worriedly. I simply nodded my head. Suddenly, I heard footsteps running towards me. I immediately knew who it is. “Mommy! Mommy!” I laughed as I went down to my knees to embrace my daughter. I can see the sweats on her face. She must have been running around crazily.

 

 

“Hey, kiddo.” I greeted her.

 

 

“Me and Eunbi are on an adventure! We found a mammoth’s skull!” Winter excitedly spoke. She was talking fast she did not even take a second to breath. It made me laugh at the adorableness.

 

 

“Aunt Taengoo!” Eunbi called me while running towards us. “We’ve made a discovery in the toilet! We found a frozen frog! We named it after you!” She said.

 

 

“Wow, that’s cool, Eunbi.” I replied with a smile. I’m amazed by their imagination. Eunbi nods excitedly before taking Winter’s hand. “Come on! We have a giant saber tooth to catch!” She said to my daughter. Winter gasps and quickly nods. She gives me a kiss on the cheek before running upstairs with Eunbi. I stand up and straighten my wrinkled coat.

 

 

“I think they’ve watched way too much Ice-Age.” Yoona spoke. It is their favorite all-time movie. They have an Ice-Age marathon every time they have sleep-overs. Now, their games mostly revolved around animals they saw in the animated movies.

 

 

“Eunbi is looking more and more like Jessica. No offense.” I said to them.

 

 

“Well, Fany was very clingy to Jessica when she was pregnant.” Yoona responded. Tiffany roll her eyes as she lightly hits on her wife’s chest. I smiled remembering those days when Tiffany suddenly knocked on our door at two in the morning because she wanted to meet Jessica so badly. Yoona tried to reasoned with her but she was crying so much that she had no choice but taking her to our place. Must have been hard for Yoona.

 

 

I leave to the kitchen to see a beautiful woman standing there; busying herself with the dishes in the sink. She had her hair tied up in a messy bun. A smile etches on my lips as I approaches her silently. I put my arms around her waist causing her to flinch. She chuckles after knowing who I was. “Hey, beautiful.” I whispered to her. Jessica turns her head to the side to give me a short kiss on the lips.

 

 

“Welcome home, babe. You hungry?” She asked me. “I’ve cooked clam chowder. I can heat it up for you.”

 

 

“I’ll eat later. I just want to hug you.” I replied, letting my chin to rest on her shoulder. She giggles at my respond. “Fine, you’re welcome to stay.” She answered. We stand there with my arms embracing her waist as she continues to washes the last remaining dishes.

 

 

“Now, please behave and listen to your aunts, okay?” Jessica said to Winter while putting on her padded jacket. It is around seven o’clock. Jessica was about to cook for dinner when the kids told us they wanted to eat cheeseburgers. Yoona and Tiffany have decided to take them out to a fast-food restaurant. They even invited Winter to have a sleepover at their house and the idea made the two girls excited. “I’m giving you two some time alone.” Yoona told us while wiggling her eyebrows. I guess she noticed that we haven’t take a break for a while now since we were busy with Winter. We were grateful, of course.

 

 

“Okay, Mama. Love you!” Winter kissed Jessica’s cheek. “Love you, Mommy!” She kissed me on the cheek afterwards. We bid our goodbyes to them before they leave the house.

 

 

I tiredly sits on the chair while looking at my phone to check the emails. Jessica walks into the bedroom and I look at her. I see a bottle of wine in her hand. I chuckled. “It’s been a while since we drink.” She said while pouring the wine into glasses. I responded with an agreeing nod. We pick the glasses from the table before doing a cheers.

 

 

“Winter is growing up fast. It felt like I just gave birth to her yesterday.” Jessica spoke. There is a bit of sadness in her eyes.

 

 

“Hey, you did such a great job as a mom. You raised her well.” I said to her. I saw a smile on her face after hearing that.

 

 

“You did well too. I mean, you’ve worked so hard paying the bills. I feel bad for letting you carrying all the burden.”

 

 

“Come on.” I put down the glass in my hand and stands up to kneel in front of Jessica. “You’ve done so much for me. You saved me. I owed you my life.” I said. She smiles as her hand reaches out to caresses my face. She leans to give a kiss on my lips. I let her forehead rest on mine.

 

 

“You saved me. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t have move on.” Jessica whispered softly to me. “I miss her.”

 

 

I let out a gentle sigh. “I miss them too.” I replied. I hold Jessica’s hands, pulling her from the chair to stand up. “I also miss dancing with you.” I said. She chuckles at the words. I go to the Bluetooth speaker situated at the corner of our bedroom. I connected my phone and plays a familiar song. It was Come and Get Your Love by the Redbone.  I started dancing to the rhythm of music.

 

 

“Oh God.” Jessica shook her head while laughing at my silly dance moves. I approaches towards her while singing to the lyrics. The sadness in her eyes earlier have gone. She begins to dance along with me. She reaches out to my hand and pulls me close. I have my arms on her shoulders while she is holding my waist.

 

 

Cause you're fine and you're mine, and you look so divine.” I sang and Jessica could not help but giggling. We continue to dance as we reached the chorus.

 

 

Come and get your love, Come and get your love,
Come and get your love, Come and get your love,

 

Hey (hey) what's the matter with you, feel right?
Don't you feel right, baby?
Hey (hey) all right, get it from the main vine, all right
I said-a find it, find it, go on and love it if you like it, yeah

 

Jessica stares deep into my eyes. As we continue to dance, she tucks my hair behind my ear. I look at her lovingly.


Hey (hey) it's your business if you want some, take some
Get it together, baby,

 

She  leans forward first to kiss me on the lips. I can feel her hand on my waist slowly going up inside of my shirt. Our breathing becomes heavier when the kiss starts getting intense. I can barely holds myself back. I feel my knees getting weak.

 

Come and get your love, Come and get your love,
Come and get your love, Come and get your love

 

We slowly made our way to the bed without breaking the kiss. When we reach to the side of the bed, she reaches the hem of my shirt, swiftly taking it off; exposing my upper body. She goes to take off my short-pants too before pinning me down onto the mattress. We shared another kiss.

 

Come and get your love, come and get your love
Come and get your love, now
Come and get your love, come and get your love
Come and get your love, now

 

Jessica strips her clothes too. She did not waste another second to give me another passionate kiss. The sound of the music plays loudly in the background. She kisses my neck as her hand goes lower and lower. I could not care less to let out my moans. We have not done it for months that I am more sensitive than I normally am. It feels blissful.

 

 

Come and get your love, Come and get your love,
Come and get your love, Come and get your love,

 

**

 

We lay on the bed with the blankets covering our bodies. I have my head laying on her chest as she has her arm wrap around my upper back. I gently touches the scar on her other arm. It was the bullet wound from years ago.  “It wasn’t easy for us that time.” I said upon remembering the whole event in the past. She sighs softly. “It was hard. I never knew being a therapist was that hard. I had to save my patient from a gang with guns.” She chuckled. I could not help but smiling to her words.

 

 

“But, it was worth it.” I lift my head up to looked at her. She caresses my cheek. “I found the one for me.” We shared a short kiss and Jessica pulled me closer to her. I can feel the warmth of her skin and her calm breathing. I hear her steady heart-beating. It is soothing.

 

 

“Jessica, we’ll always be together, right?” I said. I know the answer for it is obvious at this point. But I still wanted to hear it.

 

 

“Of course, I won’t ever, ever leave you. I’m here for you no matter what. It’ll always be you that I love, forever.” Jessica spoke. I smile brightly. “It will always be you that I love, forever.” I close my eyes. I am no longer afraid of the darkness because I knew that Jessica is always there for me. She is my light. She is my lover Forever.

 

 

End.