PART 9

FOREVER: EP 2

PART 9

 

              “T-T-Taeyeon-ah.” Jessica is loss for words when seeing the favorite patient of hers’. Taeyeon is standing there, just beside the coffee table in the middle of the living room, wearing a mini-blue dress. Her short hair is now dyed with the color grey and the ends have become curly. She even wears light make-up, enhancing her beauty even more and make her smooth, milky skin look as if it is glowing. Taeyeon smiles to the doctor – showing her perfect set of teeth. Judging by Jessica’s expression, the woman is obviously awe-struck by Taeyeon’s new appearance. To simply describe it, she looks like she isn’t from a mental facility. “How—who?” Jessica felt her mind stuck. Hara comes out from the kitchen just in time while holding her jacket in her right hand and another can of beer in the left one. “Like what I did?” She asked with a one sided smile. Jessica turns to her best friend. Hara did all of those changes to Taeyeon? She feels disbelieve. “I—you’re the one who-- ? Hara, I didn’t even know you can do these things.” Jessica couldn’t find the right words to describe the situation. Probably, she feels too shock to even believe it. Hara finds her reaction to be amusing and funny at the same time. But, it is the type of reaction she had expected.

 

“You left me to go study for years. There are lots of things I learnt to do all those times.” Well, it is true. Since Hara works as a private detective, she sometimes have to go through under-covers to do her investigations. She put those skills into good use on Taeyeon’s makeover. She pats Jessica’s shoulder with a smile. “I’m glad that she could make you smile like in the old days, Jessica. This is the least I can do for you.” She whispered so that only the two of them know what they were talking. “Enjoy your night.” Hara glances at Taeyeon with a small smile before she left, leaving only the pair in the apartment. Once she hears the front door closes, Jessica turns back her attention towards Taeyeon. She could feel her heart beating slightly faster when the patient of hers’ smile. She always look beautiful in her eyes, but now that she has gotten through changes – Jessica swears she has become much more beautiful than before. It made her anxious. Her cheeks feel warm and she knows she must be blushing madly at the moment. Taeyeon giggles at the reaction making Jessica to smile shyly.

 

“You look—amazing.” She complimented before immediately covering her red face with the palms of her hands. She can’t control her embarrassment and nervousness. All she can hear is the sound of her heart beating. Taeyeon can only smile brightly at the praise. She approaches Jessica and holds the blonde’s hands, gently pulling it down to un-cover her face. Another smile form on Taeyeon’s lips once their eyes meet. Jessica becomes more shy now that they’re close to one another. Seeing her favorite patient’s pretty face just inches away from her, it made her almost speechless. All the burden she feels since meeting with Tiffany have gone and she can only focuses on no one but Taeyeon.

 

          Jessica can feel the warmth leaving her hands as Taeyeon have let it to go. She backs away a few steps towards the couch and picks up something laying on top of it. Jessica did not say a word, instead she just watches her movement. Taeyeon takes a sketchbook – holding it in her hands as she shows the words written on the blank page to Jessica. A chuckle escape from the doctor’s lips upon reading it. ‘Hello, Dr. Jessica Jung. My name is Kim Taeyeon.’ It said. Jessica smiles at her patient. “Hello, Kim Taeyeon.” She greeted as if it is their first meeting. Well, in their real first meeting, Taeyeon didn’t even talk or give a respond. Jessica was the only being noisy by giving her loads of questions which were left un-answered that day. Taeyeon smiles as she flips the next page of the book. ‘I’m here to ask you on a dinner date.’ Jessica blushes a little and she shyly smiles. ‘Press on one of the buttons for your answer.’ She flips on the last written page. ‘YES OR NO?’

 

“Of course.” Jessica tales a step closer and lightly press her finger on the ‘YES’ box drawn on the paper. Another smile form on Taeyeon’s lips once she had received the answer. She immediately puts the book back on the couch and takes a hold of Jessica’s hand without any hesitation. It surprises the blonde-haired woman since it is the first time ever that Taeyeon is the one holding her hand. She tries to get herself together, to remain compose. But, the pink shades on her cheeks made it obvious that she feels embarrass at the moment. Well, of course, she will. Taeyeon is her secret crush.

 

The patient of hers’ smile at the shy doctor again before dragging her towards the balcony. Jessica confusingly blink her eyes. She stares her hand that seem to have fit perfectly with Taeyeon’s hand. As for now, she is clueless on what kind of plan Taeyeon and Hara had prepared while she was away. She will soon find out though. Once they stand in front of the glass door leading out to the balcony, Taeyeon stops and turns to Jessica. “What?” She looks at the door and she couldn’t see the outer part since the transparent glass is covered with curtains. She raises an eyebrow. “Why is it covered?” She asked. But, Taeyeon didn’t answer. Instead, she reach her hand out towards Jessica’s face, covering the blonde’s eyes with her small palm. “Taeyeon?” Jessica felt more curious and confuse. Her question remains un-answered. Instead, Taeyeon gently holds her hand again. Slowly, she guides the doctor to step outside on the balcony while still covering her eye sight.

 

Jessica shivers by the sudden cold breeze that made contact with her body. Despite being sensitive with the cold weather, she didn’t mind to push this one aside. She is curious on what kind of an event under those close curtains. She wanted to know. They have taken few more steps forward until they stop at a certain spot. Taeyeon could not stop smiling as she anticipates Jessica’s reaction for what she had prepared. Overwhelm with excitement, she uncover Jessica’s eyes and show her the ‘surprise’. Jessica gasp. “Taeyeon-ah,” She is in an awe as she witnessed the occasion Taeyeon had put up for the her, for the both of them. Her eyes glisten with tears of happiness. Inside, she feels so much joy and proud for her beloved patient.

 

The once empty balcony was set up into a romantic, dinner date. In the center, there is a red mat laid down on the floor. There are many delicious foods that were prepared and served; from perfectly cooked meat for the main course to sweet desserts. A candle is lighten up – placed on the middle to make it look more romantic. It was not only the thing that make the scene beautiful. Besides the candle, there are rose petals on the floor, mostly have been blown away by the wind but still some stay. Small, colorful, neon, light bulbs are put around the bars of the balcony. Although the bushes and flowers that are put on the sides are not real, it manage to make the situation more sweeter in the eyes of the person seeing it. Taeyeon looks at Jessica with anticipation filling inside her heart. She quietly stands there, anxiously biting her lower lip. Jessica turns around to look at her. “Did you—prepared all of these?” Taeyeon stares at her for a few seconds before nodding. “Is this for me--?” Jessica asked again and she receives another nod from Taeyeon. With a huge, bright smile, Jessica approaches Taeyeon and wrap her arms around her small body, pulling the young, short woman into a hug.

 

“Thank you,” She hugs Taeyeon tighter while closing her eyes, letting the tears she have been holding since earlier to fall on her cheeks. “I—really love it. Thank you.” She said, in a low tone. It was almost like a whisper but a bit louder, just enough for the both of them to hear. Jessica has no exact idea on why she ends up crying again. There is a part of her inside that feels happy that Taeyeon had prepared this romantic dinner for her. But, there is also a part of her that feels so much sadness for Taeyeon. Today, she had learned the truth about her patient’s past. How she had lost her lover in a tragic hit and run accident. How she blamed herself too much until the point that she decided to shut her mind, her heart from reality. How she got helplessly trapped behind those empty walls of the hospital – seeking for hope that someone, maybe someone that can get her back on her feet once more.

 

For those past three years, no one have come to pull Taeyeon out from the darkness until Jessica came. A rookie doctor with still lack of experiences. But, what made Taeyeon able to get her senses back was that Jessica acted as a mirror to her. She was like the reflection of Taeyeon. Both of them share the same pain of losing the most precious people in their lives. They blamed themselves and the guilt hurt them badly inside. Jessica feels as if what she had done was not enough of help. Taeyeon wanted her to know that it was otherwise. She wanted to show how grateful she is for all the things Jessica had done for her since the very beginning. Taeyeon had seen countless doctors turn their backs on her – not even giving a try to help her even more. But, not Jessica. She was the only one that stayed despite everything that had happened. For that, Taeyeon feels very lucky to have Jessica as her doctor, to help her move on. To help heal her broken heart again.

 

Taeyeon gently pushes Jessica and she wipes the tears streaming down on her beautiful face as she gives a sweet smile. There’s no words spoken, but to Jessica it’s enough for her to understand what Taeyeon is trying to say. She places her hand on top of Taeyeon’s hand that’s holding her cheek. The warmth from her small palm calms Jessica’s beating heart in an instant. Sadness and burden fade away with a single touch. They stare at each other’s eyes as Taeyeon send a message through her stare. You are my healer, I am the same to you as well. Those kind of words appeared in Jessica’s mind and she is sure that is the thing that Taeyeon wanted to say.

 

“Yes, I know.” She sweetly smiles back. Taeyeon lightly smiles and takes a hold of Jessica’s hand once more. She drags her to sit down on the mat. The blonde-haired doctor chuckles when she sees the excited Taeyeon. It made her feel warm inside. “There’s a lot of food. Which one should I taste first?” She playfully smiled. Of course, Taeyeon immediately point at the meat first, since she cooked that dish. Well, Jessica is aware of that. She seen Taeyeon been eyeing on the meat ever since they sat down. “It looks really good, maybe I should start on this first.” She throws another glance at Taeyeon before taking a slice straight into . She chews, as Taeyeon’s anxious eyes staring at her, anticipating for her reaction. Jessica frowns after swallowing the meat – which earn a concern and disappointed look from Taeyeon. “It’s,” She smiles. “Delicious.” She truthfully said and takes another slice of meat. Taeyeon could not hold the smile forming on her lips; her eyes squinting, her teeth showing with a dimple on her cheek. The smile that Jessica feels will never bored her. It would always make her feel happy, always pretty in her sight.

 

‘She was under our care until a few men with black suit barged into my home one day and took her away from us.’ Jessica suddenly remembered the things that Tiffany had told her earlier on today. She wondered, who were those black-suit men? No, more accurately, who was the one that paid them to kidnapped Taeyeon? To take someone away and hid her away without a trace, Jessica can only imagine that person must’ve such huge influence. A sudden warmth on top of her palm made Jessica to awake from her train of thoughts and she looks up, to meet with a pair of soft, worried eyes. “I’m fine, I’m just tired.” She told Taeyeon. Taeyeon sigh and can only nod. Jessica smiles, she takes a piece of meat. “You should eat too, if you want to get better.” She said. Taeyeon looks at it and shyly eats it. It’s not the first time Jessica feeds her, but since they’re at a romantic atmosphere, it does cause her heart to beat faster. Just a little though.

 

After the satisfying dinner, they both find themselves staying on the balcony, just sitting there to enjoy the cold, comforting breeze as they hear the faint sounds of traffic down below. Jessica slightly turns her head, looking at Taeyeon that seems to be shivering even when she is under the thick blanket. Since she always been inside a small room, the coldness out here might be too much for her to handle. “Hey,” She called. Taeyeon looks at her with a pale face. “Come here.” Jessica open her arms. “I know you’re feeling cold.” She gave a genuine smile. Taeyeon didn’t hesitate to scoot from her spot and comfortably sits in front of Jessica, her back leaning on the blonde’s chest as she rest her head on her shoulder. Jessica wrap her own arms around Taeyeon’s small body and holding her cold hands under the blanket. “Feel better?” Jessica asked and she feels a slight nod. She looks at Taeyeon. She sees the young woman have her eyes close. A smile crept on Jessica’s lips again for that night. Usually, having Taeyeon being so close to her would’ve make her heart beating so fast. But, somehow, it feels rather comforting instead of feeling nervous like she always did. It’s funny – how they seem like a couple – instead of a psychotherapist and a patient. They are just the same actually, both are broken people inside. They feel the pain of losing the ones they really cherished and loved. Inside the facility, their relationship is according to the status written files. Outside, they are each other’s healers.

 

“Taeng,” Jessica calls and it made her patient’s eyes to open to look at her. Jessica let go one of her hands to caress Taeyeon’s soft hair. “I promise, I’ll make you better again in no time. I will do my best to help you and protect you.” She said, her voice sounded so gentle. “I won’t let anything bad happen to you.” She hugs her tighter. Taeyeon smiles at the words and she nods. She has no idea that inside, Jessica feels really worried – that she will be taken away from her just like when she was with Tiffany. She’s afraid of losing Taeyeon. To her, it’s more frightening after losing Soojung in the past. That is why, she wanted to make Taeyeon better again. To heal her wounded heart. To get her voice back. So, she could take Taeyeon with her.

 

“I promise.”

 

***

Jessica open her eyes – starting off from the right one before the left eye follows. Her sight meets with the blank ceiling of her bedroom. She blink a couple more times to get rid of the blurriness and stretches her sore limb a little. She turns her head to the side when she feels someone shifting on the mattress, just next to her. There’s Taeyeon, sleeping soundly with her body curls into a semi-circle. Her breathing is steady and calm. Brows not knit together. Lips slightly open and bangs that looked slightly messy. Jessica stares at the pretty face of the sleeping young woman – a smile involuntarily forming on . ‘How can you be such an angel even when you’re sleeping?’ She softly caress Taeyeon’s cheek with her thumb. ‘Pretty,’ She thought. One of the reasons why she always been attracted to this patient. About a month ago, what she had expected to meet with a cold, death-face woman turns out to be a beautiful, mysterious one. Of course, that was her first idea when knowing about Taeyeon’s mental illness. It’s the beauty of her face and that unknown mind of hers’ that made Jessica to have no sense of giving up. Since she knew – under that unfazed expression and lack of movements – Taeyeon was hiding an enormous pain inside of her.

 

And she was indeed right about it.

 

Jessica keeps staring at Taeyeon with a dreamy look in her eyes. Why wouldn’t she? She head over heels for this person. She used to deny those feelings - thinking that it may be just a crush. But, she came to realized she did actually develop love for that short, kid-face like woman. It’s wrong. So wrong.The only thing that Jessica have told herself multiple times when she caught her heart beating so fast for Taeyeon. Why? She’s her doctor and she’s the patient. She should never cross that line – that border in their relationship. It’s illegal. It’s against the rule. To fall for a patient is an absolute ‘no.’ But, Jessica can’t stop. The more she push the love away, the more she drawn deeper into it. Kim Taeyeon was like her ‘drug,’ addicting and hard to let go to the extend she was willing just to do anything even those things were out of her capabilities. She never felt so protective towards a person. It was the first time since years, after Soojung passed away. She find that love to be her strength and determination to save Taeyeon – to get her heal again and finally getting her out of that place. Money, fame? Those never crossed Jessica’s mind. All she wanted is to live a life – a normal one – with Taeyeon. She wanted to be the one that Taeyeon would have by her side when she start fresh again.

 

For almost an hour, she had been doing nothing but staring at Taeyeon. Her gaze keeps on lowering to Taeyeon’s lips for god-knows how many times already. She can’t help but to look at the pink lips. One word to describe it – kissable. Jessica is resisting and it’s a pain to her. She would, sometimes, lose sense of thought and find herself leaning towards Taeyeon’s face. She got lucky that she realizes what she was doing sooner – just when her lips were inches away from Taeyeon’s. She pulls herself back, taking a deep, silent breath. ‘Stupid! Control that damn hormones of yours’!’ Jessica mentally shouted to herself for being such a fool. It is then that she feels Taeyeon moving again. She straighten her body and her face becomes closer to Jessica that the blonde felt her warm breath tickling her nose. Jessica gulps nervously – eyes blinking fast. Taeyeon is so, so close. It made her more uncomfortable with the gap between them. She tries looking away but she can’t – not when Taeyeon have just her bottom lip. It’s not in a sensual way yet it does drive Jessica crazy just by the simple gesture.

 

‘Why do you always do that? Seducing me!’ She mentally grunts. She stares long at those lips again. She wonders what it taste like, what it feels like if she kiss it? Would be sweet and soft? Jessica didn’t know. That curiosity, that need, made her to lean closer and closer towards Taeyeon. Her trembling lips almost touching Taeyeon’s. Her heart beating so fast that it felt like exploding. Her hand that she use to support herself is getting sweaty due to her nervousness. Just an inch away. She can already feel Taeyeon’s hot breath and smell the strong-scent of that mint toothpaste. A bit closer and she’ll have her lips to land on Taeyeon’s soft ones. Just a bit more closer and…

 

 

Taeyeon turns her face around to the direction of the ceiling.

 

“,” Jessica finally realized what she was about to do. She had almost Taeyeon on the lips. Kiss her! Jessica was so close to make that stupid mistake. She can’t stay there anymore or else she’ll be doing the same thing again. The blonde quickly gets up from the bed, slipping her feet into those pair of fuzzy slippers on the floor and exits the bedroom to the kitchen. “Oh my God,” She ran her hands into her messy, blonde hair. “What were you thinking, Jung!? You almost messed up! Jesus, damn me and my hormones!” She shook her head roughly due to her frustration. She place her palm on top of her chest – feeling the fast beating of her heart. “C-calm down.” She told herself and takes in a deep breath to get her compose again. After a few long, heavy exhales, Jessica manages to relax. But, what she had done earlier in the room is still stuck inside her mind. Which made her to feel like she should hit her forehead or slap her cheeks for it. “Way to go.” She shut her eyes, trying to get the images of the recent incident out of her head. It was not easy though. Surely, she won’t be able to sleep. Her eyes have lose its’ tiredness completely.

 

She opens her fridge – finding there are still about three cans of beer left. “Tch, you better restock my drinks, Hara.” She chuckled at the fact how a heavy drinker her best friend is, yet she trust that woman the most when comes to doing in favors. She grabs two cans before heading out to the balcony, not forgetting to take a box of new cigarettes as well. She sits on the floor. The air have gotten much colder, but the atmosphere is quieter than before. You can still hear the faint buzz of vehicles and people though. She easily opens the can of beer and drinks a mouthful of the alcoholic liquid. She hisses at the bitterness of it. Her cold body feels warmer after drinking a few more shots, emptying half of the beer inside the medium-sized can. She lit up the cigarette in between her lips – puffing smokes in the air. She emptily stares at the lights from the buildings and streets of the city. Her mind begins wondering about random thoughts. Well, she would think of anything besides the event that happened earlier.

 

‘Lee Sunny,’

 

That name appears in her mind out of the blue. The woman that was namely known as Taeyeon’s lover in the past and the cause of her mental sickness after the tragic death. Knowing how everything had happened, Jessica have given a thought that maybe her assumption and Hara’s is indeed right; things are much more than what’s meet the eyes. First, Taeyeon and Sunny have their relationship against by both side of the families. Although it was later that Sunny’s parents learned to accepted their daughter’s way of life (according to Tiffany), Taeyeon have never been able to get her parents to come to an agreement about her uality liking. Especially, Taeyeon’s father. He, who’s famous in South Korea among the people in the huge business industry, despised the idea of having her daughter to be with a woman. He is a man that respected and feared by many. How can he possibly let the company he worked hard on building to go down just like that because he had a lesbian child? He wanted to maintained his reputation, his power, his richness. He did gave options to Taeyeon; go to Sunny and never come back again to the family or simply leave her. Of course, the man had never expected Taeyeon chose her lover over her own father.

 

Tiffany also shared that Taeyeon was not a good terms with the man. Ever since she was little, she was raised in a tough way. Her father never really give the love or care to her like any other fathers she have met. No, he was always been strict. He yelled at her, scolded her and even hit her in some accession to the point Taeyeon have become used to his abusive ways. She grew up not caring if she’ll get slap on the face or cursed at because she was simply tired of the way she was living anyways. So, it was not surprising that she actually wanted to go away with Sunny instead. She didn’t want to live in ‘hell’ anymore. She has no interest in those money and richness she have. Taeyeon would only wanted happiness. Anyways, even after their relationship got disagreed, they ended up living just fine on their own. But, it turned out that it didn’t really last long. Sunny passed away and left Taeyeon. That was the thing that made Jessica felt weird. This whole case – is like a puzzle – you need to put piece by piece to get the clear picture.

 

Sunny died in a tragic hit and run accident. Polices never found the person who did it that they ended up closing the case due to lack of evidences. The case is known by many years ago, yet the case was not even put inside of Taeyeon’s file despite how crucial the information was. It could’ve been an important guide to help her heal. Then, she was forcefully taken away and got sent to the facility. The part that made Jessica curious were the men that took her there – why did they do it and who have told them to do the job? After that, all her information; her work, medical records and such were hidden. Mostly were deleted and thrown away. It was assurance that her existence was really meant to be cover. To be distinguish from the public, to anyone she knew and met in the past. From her lover accidentally got murdered to the fact that her identity was vanished after that. Certainly, this is someone’s work. Whoever it was, that person had planned it all along. Jessica is not sure but these things can’t be coincidence.

 

Can it be Taeyeon’s father? The man have said to disappeared from the ‘headlines’ few months after Taeyeon had left. He was never been heard since then although his company is still running smoothly under his trusted employees’ care. There’s a possibility he might done it or he didn’t do it at all.

 

Then, who is it? Who’s responsible for all of this? Jessica suddenly thought of someone. Her eyes widen. “Could it-.” Her mind got interrupt by the buzz of her cellphone she had put inside her pocket. She answers the incoming call without taking a look at the caller’s identity. She did feel slightly annoyed that someone would call her at this late hour. If she was asleep, she would’ve ignored it.

 

“Hello?” In a rather plain voice.

 

Hey,” Jessica’s eyes widen at the sound of the familiar voice. She pull her legs, hugging it as she firmly holds the device in her hand. “Hey, Jin.” It has been a while now since she have talked to the man. After the night that they first kissed, their relationship didn’t really go well. They gotten awkward and she had never the chance to talk to him to clear out the things between them. It was because Jin suddenly left for a break without her knowing.

 

H-how,” He clears his throat. “How are y-you?

 

Jessica bit the corner of her bottom lip – just in the name to ease the nervous feeling she has. “I’m doing fine, actually.”

 

Ah, that’s good to know.” Jin paused for a while, leaving a gap of silence their conversation. On the other side, he is gripping on his phone – his glassy eyes staring at the dark sky. “How’s Taeyeon? Is she doing okay?

 

Jessica smiles a little by the question. Even if he’s not around, he still has concerns for Taeyeon. He’s indeed a nice and caring man, she thought. “She have been making positive changes lately. She gotten herself improve and she’s better at responding to people now.”

 

Wow, that’s amazing, Jess. You really did a good job.” He laughed lightly. “Congrats, I do hope she’ll be better soon. Like I said, she didn’t belong at that place.” He sounded a bit off when he spoke those last few words. As if, there’s a ‘regretful’ tone in the way he said it. Jessica notices that and she can’t help but to feel concern. She would be lying if she doesn’t have any feelings for that man. It is more to a friendly love though. “I never ask you ifyou’re okay?” She questioned him. She hears a bitter chuckle on the speaker. Jin takes a deep breath. “I’m – fine really. I’m just feeling tired, that’s all. Been lack of sleep lately.” He answered. “You don’t need to worry. But, I should say I’m sorry for calling you during this late. I-suddenly have the urge to talk to you-somehow.” He sadly smiled. Jessica nods, “I’ve wished I could see you before you took a break. I mean, it’s been a while since we last talked.” Jin let out another soft sigh. “Yeah, wish we could. I was in a hurry to leave back then. My mother needed me at home.

 

“Ah, I see. It’s good of you to be there when she needed you.” Jessica said. “And you don’t have to apologized for calling. I don’t mind really. I couldn’t sleep so you called in a good time. I did felt a bit bored.” She pouted her lips a bit. She hears Jin chuckling again through the phone, but this time it sounds genuine. “Glad to know. Still, I’m sorry.

 

“I told you don’t need to apologize-.” “I’m being sorry for- something else.

 

Jessica frowns. “What for?” She didn’t quite understand in what he is trying to meant. Jin has never did anything wrong to her before so it was weird for him to apologize. Of course, that what Jessica had recalled. From what she had known, he did nothing but help her whenever she in need of it. “Jin, if you’re talking about the kiss before, it’s nothing. We were—just caught in the moment, I guess. I mean, we both have wanted it at the time. It was mostly my fault for trying to avoid you since I felt-awkward.”

 

Jess, it’s not really about that—mm, kiss. I do felt sorry for that too because I made you me feel uncomfortable for my sudden confession. But, I was apologizing for another thing. A, mistake I did.

 

Now, Jessica feels more confuse. “What mistake?” She raised her eyebrows. Jin stays quiet, not saying a word to answer the question. He feels hesitant to either tell the blonde woman what he had done or continue to keep it as a secret. He does feel afraid that Jessica will never forgive him if he decided to confessed the truth about who he really is. “Jin? Are you there?” She asked after a while of silence. He clears his throat and sniffs. “You’ll know it sooner. When the time comes, I just want you to know that I am really sorry about it.” He replied in an apologetic tone. Jessica is still in the state of confusion, but she can’t force him into telling the meaning his words. She do not have the rights. Besides, she doesn’t want to make things more complicated between them than they already are. It’s best if she just waits as he said although the curiosity bothers her. “Whatever it is, I won’t hate you. You’ve been such a good friend to me. I can’t imagine being angry at you. So, you don’t have to worry.”

 

Thank you. I-mm, I have to go now. You should get some sleep after this. You need enough rest if you want to help Taeyeon recover.

 

Jessica smiles at his advice and automatically nods her head. “Sure, I’ll sleep after this. You should get some rest as well.”

 

Ah, I will. Anyways, t-thanks for- taking your time to listen to me.

 

“Just, call me whenever you have troubles or problems to share with. I’ll always be available to become your listener, even during late at night.”

 

I’ll keep that in mind. Good night.” “You too.” With that, the call ends. Jessica puts her phone next to her on the floor as her mind begin to think again about the things Jin have said to her earlier. She is curious in what he meant by being sorry and all. She ends up shrugging her shoulders – only having the thought that maybe it’s a slight mistake and he may just exaggerate it over guilt. She didn’t worry that much about it. Unknown to her, it was more than she have in mind.

 

At the other side, Jin stares at the screen of his phone with more guilt getting to him. Despite apologizing to Jessica, he still feel the heavy burden inside his heart. It made him to let out a long sigh as he lift his chin up, eyes close. When will it stop? When can he finally be honest to the people around him instead of putting up with more lies? He hates it – being a liar, a betrayer. Yet, he has no option than doing this dirty job for that selfish man. It was the only way for him to get what he wanted – to be able to help them although he never like the single thing he have done behind people’s backs all these times. If only, he isn’t stuck in this kind of hardship – he wouldn’t even consider doing it the first time he is offered. He would reject it if he have that chance. Unfortunately, he never did. “Oppa,” A female called him. She turns around to see his younger sister standing not far from behind him. She’s still a young teenager, probably around the ages of fifteen or sixteen. But, she is good-looking and tall just like her brother. “Are you- okay? You’ve been out here for quite a long time.” She throws him a concern look. Jin softly smiles at her. She always love the eldest the most among her siblings, which were all boys. He’s the only one that’s gentle to her in the house, unlike her other rowdy brothers. She knows whenever Jin feels troubled or in a stressful condition.

 

“I’m fine, Sowon-ah. Just needed some fresh air, that’s all.” He approaches her and gives a peck on her forehead. “Don’t worry about me so much.” He caress her braid hair.

 

Sowon sigh and nods. “Okay. I was just wondering if you felt sick or something since you always hid it from us.”

 

Jin smiles at the words. “Your brother is stronger than he looks. I don’t get sick that easily.” He said, earning a relief smile from Sowon. “Anyways, how’s mom? Is she doing better?”

 

“She still have a fever, but her temperature have drop since an hour ago. Namjoon oppa is taking care of her right now and Taehyung is cooking porridge for her.” Sowon replied. Jin nods his head. Of course, his siblings are always reliable.

 

“Alright, you guys can go in and rest after you finish up. I’ll take care of mom.” He gave another gentle smile. “Sorry that you have to stay up late. You two have school and Namjoon have lectures to attend.”

 

Sowon shook her head. “Nah, it’s fine. That’s what siblings do, right?” She lightly pats on her brother’s chest. “I’ll go in first, oppa. Don’t stay out too long or else you’re going to catch a cold.” She reminded him before going back inside. Jin sighs, his back leaning on the rails of the balcony. He lowers his gaze on the text message that was sent hours ago to him. The money have been sent to your account. Give me more updates after this and I’ll pay an even bigger amount. “,” Jin tighten his fist as the hand holding the phone is harshly shove into his pocket. “I’m really sorry, Sica.”

 

***

 

Jessica is awake from her sleep when she feels a person lightly shaking her body. She groans while trying to open her heavy eyelids. Once she did, her first view of the morning is a pair of round eyes staring directly at her. Her body slightly jumps back with a low ‘omo’ escape from her lips. She holds her chest as Taeyeon innocently look at her. “Oh gosh, it’s you.” Jessica gets up to sit down. “Good morning, little Taeng.” She smiles softly while patting her patient’s crown lovingly. Taeyeon smiles back as a sign of good morning as well. Jessica looks around, finally realizing she had been sleeping on the couch inside the living room last night. She must have fallen asleep after she finished the last can of beer. Her back of her head is slightly pounding, but she still feels fine. Jessica turns at Taeyeon and she sees her looking at the empty cans on the coffee table along with a half box of cigarettes. The blonde notices the sad look in those pair of eyes. “Taeng?” She called in a soft tone and Taeyeon turns her gaze to her. Jessica press her lips into a thin line while fidgeting with her fingers. “Look, I just couldn’t sleep last night, okay? So, I went to drink a few beers to help me feel sleepy.” She explained.

 

Taeyeon sigh heavily. Her head hang low and her lips pouting involuntarily. “I’m telling you the truth. I won’t lie.” Jessica kneels on the floor. She hold Taeyeon’s cheeks while giving a gentle smile. “I’m not doing it because of stress or anything. Besides, if I do feel stressful, I’ll have you to comfort me. Believe me.” Jessica caresses her short hair. Taeyeon nods. She scoots closer towards the blonde and lays her head on her shoulder. She then wrap her arms around Jessica’s small waist while burying her face deeper in the crock of Jessica’s neck. Her nose brushing against Jessica’s skin – making her cheeks to turn slightly pinkish. “T-Taeyeon, I haven’t take a bath yet so can you-.” Before Jessica can finish her words, she can feel Taeyeon shaking her head. She raise her eyebrows. “Why? I might smell so bad right now.” But, the only reaction she receives from her is the arms around her waist are tighten. “D-do you, mm, what to stay like this? For a while?” Jessica shyly asked. She feels Taeyeon pausing for a few seconds before nodding again. “Does doing morning hugs make you feel better?” She chuckled. Taeyeon looks up at Jessica’s face and gives another nod. Her small hand slightly tugging on the t-shirt Jessica is wearing – her short fingers playing with the thin fabric. Jessica finds her lips smiling wide at the adorableness. Never cross in anyone’s minds that the infamous patient named Kim Taeyeon would be this clingy only to Jessica Jung.

 

“Would this help you with your treatment?” Jessica hears Taeyeon hums to her question. The blonde chuckles. “I guess we’ll have to do morning hugs every day.”

 

 

It’s already one in the afternoon when they finish eating lunch. Jessica let Taeyeon to lay her head on her laps while they watch an English movie they found playing at a random channel. The story is about to reach the middle part when someone rings the doorbell three times. Jessica turns her attention to the door – wondering who is it since she is not expecting any visitors. She knows it is not Hara since the girl have a spare key to Jessica’s apartment. The bell rings another few times after a while not receiving a respond. “Who is it?” Suddenly, she remembers Tiffany’s story about those men in suits that had kidnapped and hid Taeyeon years ago. She nervously gulps. ‘It can’t be them, isn’t it?’ She is not that sure if the person knocking her door right now are the same men hired to get Taeyeon again or just another visitor she did not expect coming today. Due to her own thoughts, she starts to feel worried and anxious. She hears the doorbell ringing again. Jessica looks at Taeyeon and sees her looking back as well. “I-think it’s just the maintenance guy or someone else. I’ll go open the door.” She caresses Taeyeon on the cheek before leaving the couch to the front door. She stands there – clearly hesitating if she should open it or not. Jessica takes a deep breath. ‘It might not be them.’ She assured herself yet there is still a part of her that won’t listen to it. Well, she only sets in her mind, if there are those men in suits come barging in. She won’t hesitate to hit and beat them up. It is not the first time ever she is involve in a fight involving males. No, she has done it lots of times. She tighten her fist. Inside, she only prays whoever behind the door is not someone bad. She have to make sure Taeyeon is safe from harm, now she knows people chasing over her for unknown reasons.

 

With her other hand balling into a tight fist and her other one holding the door knob, she gathers up every bits of her courage she has to wash the nervousness away. “Here we go.” She opens it – revealing a tall girl at the front door. She wears a cap, a black leather jacket and a pair of black jeans with boots. She also have a mask covering her face. Jessica’s eyes sharply stare at the stranger dress in all-black. She feels suspicious since the person’s face can’t be seen since it is cover by the cap and mask. She is about to ask question when she sees the girl is grabbing for something inside the bag slung on her shoulder. ‘Is she taking out a gun!?’ Jessica sees a black, hard object is taken out from the bag. It looks like a weapon. Without no hesitation, the blonde kicks the stranger hard on the stomach causing her to go a few steps back. “W-wait!” The girl spoke with a hoarse voice while reaching her hand out. Jessica thought she wants to fight back so she did not think twice to land a powerful punch straight on the stranger’s face – causing her to fall on the floor with a grunt.

 

“Ouch, my nose.” The girl holds the mask she is wearing and finds it wet because of the blood flowing out from her injured nose. “J-Jessica.”

 

“Shut up!” The blonde lets her inner demeanor out. It is the side of her that she used to have back when she was still in school. No doubt why she was feared by students in those days. She lifts her leg up and press her foot down on the stranger’s shoulder, making her to squirm in pain. “Whoever you are and who hired you, I won’t let you take Taeyeon away from me.” She spoke with such a cold, scary tone.

 

“S-Sica, p-please. It’s m-me.” She tries to push Jessica’s foot away from her shoulder but, instead the blonde press her foot harder than before.

 

“Who are you? What do you want from us?” Jessica questioned while leaning slightly forward to take a closer look at the stranger.

 

“Ugh, f-f-for goodness sake,” The unknown person takes off her cap and mask; revealing her face. “I-It’s me, Sica.” She breathlessly said. Jessica gasp. Now, she feels such a fool for her mistake. Such a real fool. What was she thinking? She is too overreacting about the whole story Tiffany had told her and she have hurt someone who innocently comes to visit her.

 

Oh my gosh, Yuri?”

 

A/N: Hey, finally an update! A very, very short update. Oh gosh, I have managed to finish it. Anyways, I am currently on a short, one week break for the Chinese new year and of course I have to give you guys the long awaited update. I’m sorry it took me so long to write this and it’s just a short one. Sometimes, I wish I have the free times I used to have back in high school. Right now, I even have to finish this assignment for our Public Admin. subject during my break. ^^’ I just want to chill and write as much fictions as I want. I wish I have that chance again. Okay, I’m blabbering again. I, as usual, wanted to thanked the voters for voting this mediocre fiction and thank you too for continuing to read as well as commenting. I love seeing your reactions and reading those precious comments. Made me want to keep on going with this story. I like to see more comments after this from readers. 

I know you guys are expecting more but I did say I decided to slow down with the plots, the updates. I don’t want to rush things. This is more of a reveal of what might really happened in the past relating Taeyeon and Sunny. Since Jin has been receiving lots of bad comments, I decided to reveal the true side of his story too. Yet, the question is- who might be the one responsible for all of these? *dramatic BGM* By the way, Happy Chinese New Year everyone and have a nice day! I apologized for the short update! Hope you still enjoy it. :) P/S: Is the new poster I made okay?