PART 3

FOREVER: EP 2

Part 3     

 

Author’s POV

 

“It’s-It’s-It’s...” Jessica looks at Taeyeon and holds her cheek. “It’s not your fault, Taeyeon.” She managed to say it with a hoarse voice. “You n-never meant any of this to happen. You made a m-mistake and you blamed yo-yourself for Sunny’s death.”

Taeyeon press harder on Jessica’s throat causing her to cough. “Shut up. Shut up.” She said with a low voice. She didn’t want Jessica to continues on but she keeps going. “Sunny’s death i-is a tragedy. That event haunted y-your memories even if you d-don’t want to remem-ber. You felt so painful that you made yourself separated from r-reality so y-you won’t get hurt. T-those doctors who treated you before, t-they didn’t see but I d-do. It was b-blurry at first but t-then I realized you’re actually seeking for help. Even w-when you’re not responding during sessions, y-you’re were secretly sending c-clues to me.” Both of Jessica’s hands are now holding Taeyeon’s cheek as tears begin to flow without her even realizing it. “It was never your fault from the start. Sunny’s death is fate, you just haven’t be able to accept that truth. I understand how that feels. I-I lose someone I really love too i-in the past. Un-until now, I still c-couldn’t forgive myself and move on like I should. T-Taeyeon, I’m not a very good doctor b-but I promise I-I will do my b-best t-t-to help you. Let’s move on together.

 

                Both Jin and the officer are amaze when they see Taeyeon pulling back her arm. She gets up from Jessica who then drags herself to lean onto the metal wall while coughing. Her neck is hurting but she could breathe properly now. She looks at Taeyeon, she could see tears running down her skinny face. Those eyes that used to be so empty before was filled with so much sadness and despair. A lone tear comes running down Jessica’s cheek once again. Sometimes, Jessica wondered how a beautiful woman like her ended up in this ‘ up’ place? She always felt Taeyeon never belonged here. Yes, she was ill but emotionally not mentally insane. Taeyeon could have been treated better out there instead of being in this facility. She would have cured and walk as a normal person among the busy society. Jessica’s trembling hand holds Taeyeon soft cheek without being able to hold on to the tears pooling in her eyes. The two look at each other as they cry. It felt like they knew one another for so long, as if they’re old friends that understood that pain of losing someone.  Jessica, too, experienced it in the past and how that one death haunted her life until now. She’s the same as Taeyeon; not being able to move on. Jessica couldn’t hold on much longer. Without a care, she pulls Taeyeon into her arms-hugging her while letting her head resting on the chest.

 

“Stop blaming yourself. You-you never done anything wrong, Taeyeon.” She said between her sobing. Taeyeon’s mouth is open but no words come out. She is too hurt to let herself speak. Instead, tears flowing down endlessly as her body trembles. “I promise, I promise we will get through this. The two of us.” Jessica kept holding Taeyeon in her arms. She completely forgotten about the two officers standing in front of the cell’s door. Jin watches in disbelief. He never would have thought this event will ever happen in front of him. For the past three years, finally a doctor named Jessica Jung came to save Taeyeon’s poor soul. He cannot help but having his tears almost fall seeing the miracle. His whole body feels weak. He didn’t quite sure. He feels weird especially his heart. “Officer Jin?” The younger fellow called. “Yes?” Jin answered, but his eyes are focusing on the two women. The officer smiles. “Like you said, she’s an amazing doctor.” Jin smiles at the compliment. “She is.” After almost an hour, Taeyeon fell asleep in Jessica’s arms. The young doctor have a really bad back ache but she didn’t care as long as this patient of hers’ is doing fine. She never seen Taeyeon’s face this close before. She takes the chance to observes the patient that is sleeping peacefully on her laps. Her eyes ‘travel’ from her short hair to her puffy eyes, small nose and thin, pink lips. Jessica is woman but she have to admit. Taeyeon is a beauty. She gently and slowly trace the tip of her finger on Taeyeon’s perfect jawline. “Wow.”

 

Jessica is curious of what kind of person Taeyeon is before all of this. Was she always this quiet person or she’s the friendly type one? Jessica will only know the real answer at the end of the treatment. She will make Taeyeon heal again. But, this isn’t just for the patient but for Jessica herself. She is in the process of healing too. The door of the cell opens and Jin steps inside. “Is she-okay?” Jin asked. Jessica gives him a small smile. “Yeah, she’s just tired. That’s all. She needs to rest and eat properly if she wants to regain back her strength. She can’t walk so she have to be on a wheelchair for a while.” She explained. Jin nod. “Alright, I’ll get a staff to prepare one. The other cells are full. They need this one for a patient. We have to send Taeyeon back now.” Jessica didn’t want to disturb the woman sleeping peacefully beside her. However, she couldn’t act selfish. There are other patients too. “I’ll wake her up.” Jessica gently pats on Taeyeon’s cheek while softly calling her name. “Taeyeon-ah. Taeyeon. Taeyeon. Taeyeon. Mm, Taengoo.” She didn’t know why she called her ‘Taengoo’ all of the sudden. The name just pops into her mind. But, with that last name, Taeyeon slowly open her tired eyes and looks up to see Jessica’s face.

 

“Sorry to wake up you up. But, we have to go now.” Jessica said. Taeyeon seems confuse at first. Her eyes only staring at Jessica. Soon, she nod her head. Jessica sigh in relief. Taeyeon is indeed giving responds now. Although it was weird to see her reacting to her words, she is happy. If she gets lucky enough, she might even get Taeyeon to talk. Taeyeon is having a hard time to sit down so Jin comes in to give a hand. However, she immediately cling on Jessica when he sees the man getting closer to her. “What’s wrong?” Jessica asked. Taeyeon shook her head while her hands hold on tightly onto the doctor’s blouse. Jin raise his eyebrows. “Is something wrong with me?” Jessica looks at Taeyeon. “I-don’t think so. Don’t worry, I can carry her. You should go on first and prepare a wheelchair for her. Can you do that?” Jin is hesitance but he trusts Jessica and respects her every desicions. “Be careful.” He took a last glance at Taeyeon before exiting the cell. Just when he is gone, Taeyeon let go of Jessica but still holding her hand. Seeing how clingy Taeyeon could be, Jessica feels amuse and slightly smiles.

 

“Since you can’t walk, I’ll give you a piggyback ride.” She stands up from the bed and lowers her body so Taeyeon could get on. “Come on.” Taeyeon didn’t move. She just sits there and stares at her back. Jessica notices that her patient isn’t moving. “You don’t have to worry. I’m stronger than I look.” She gives a reassuring smile. Taeyeon then tries her best to get her weak body to climb up on the back. She is struggling and Jessica helps her by holding both her thighs before pushing her body forward so that Taeyeon could be comfortable. She adjust her hands and they are ready to go. Taeyeon might be skinny but Jessica is still a woman. She had to used all her strength in carrying Taeyeon back to the other building. The officers passing by offered their help. However, Jessica knew Taeyeon didn’t want anyone touching her. She kindly rejected them although the burden of her weight is making Jessica out of breath. “Just-hold on, okay?” Jessica exhaled. Sweats trickling down her jaw. She didn’t realizes Taeyeon is staring at her from behind. How this situation remainded her of Sunny. Taeyeon might have built this wall around her but she never forget their memories together.

 

FLASHBACK

 

                “Ouch.” Taeyeon slapped Sunny’s hand away from her ankle. Sunny sighed. “You sprained your ankle, Taengoo.” She said while reaching her hand out to check on Taeyeon’s sprained ankle but much more gentle this time. The older woman pouted. Today was supposed to be the best day for the both of them. They just moved to their own house and planned to spend their first date tonight at a nearby beach. She was so excited with the plan. But, thanks to her poor strenght, she fell down the stairs when she was carrying some boxes. Luckily, the fall wasn’t so bad. She was okay except for her injured ankle. Sunny noticed the sad expression of her girlfriend. She knew from the way Taeyeon pouted her lips. “Hey,” She sat next to Taeyeon and kissed her forehead lovingly. “Don’t be sad. We can always go to that special date other day. Like Tiffany said, tomorrow never dies.” Taeyeon slightly smiled. She held Sunny’s small yet strong hands; interwining their fingers together. “I really wanted to go. Since we moved away from our parents, I can finally date you without worrying so much. Cursed my weak ankle!” Taeyeon slapped herself on the thigh. She might be older but she can be such a childish person sometimes.

 

“You really want to go?” Sunny asked. Taeyeon nodded. The blonde pecked her lips and her hair. “Look, I’ll put on the bandage. You get some rest after that. I’ll carry our things inside.” Taeyeon felt guilty that her girlfriend had to do all the work but she didn’t want to argue. “Okay.” Sunny smiled. “That’s my girl.” When she finished putting on the bandage, she left the room to go downstairs and carried the remaining boxes. Taeyeon laid on the bed. Too bad she got injured or else they would have been walking together on that beach in just a few hours. She sighed. “Stupid Kim.” She slapped her forehead. The time went by. The door opened and Sunny stepped inside completely drenched with sweats. Taeyeon put her phone away once she saw her tired girlfriend. “Lay down and get some rest.” Taeyeon patted the spot next to her. Soonkyu smiled and shook her head earning a confused look from Taeyeon.

 

“I’m craving for burgers, Taengoo.”

 

“Oh, I’ll asked Tiffany to buy us some.” She was about to call her bestfriend but Sunny took her phone away and held her hand.

 

“I’m craving for burgers...and the feeling of sand on my feet.”

 

Taeyeon’s face immediately turned gloomy. “Sorry we couldn’t go there because of me.”

 

“Then, don’t be sorry.” Sunny suddenly carried her bridal style causing Taeyeon to yelped. “We’re going on that date!”

 

                Taeyeon cofusingly blinked her eyes. “Soonkyu, how are we suppose to walk on the beach if I sprained my ankle?” She raised an eyebrow. Sunny did not answer that question. Instead, she brought Taeyeon downstairs to the outside of their new house. Despite asking numerous times, Sunny only smiled at Taeyeon until the woman finally stopped asking and just go with whatever she was thinking. Taeyeon remained quiet while Sunny drived to the nearby beach. Once they arrived, Sunny exited the car first and went to the passenger’s seat. “The air is really fresh.” She said. Taeyeon wished she haven’t sprained her ankle earlier. She really wanted to take a stroll on the beach with the love of her life. She held her cheek. “You go on. I’ll watch the car.” Sunny shook her head. “I’m not going without you.” Taeyeon sighed. “I can’t walk.”

 

“That won’t be a problem.” Sunny turned and kneeled down. “Come on, get up.”

 

“Baby, no. I’m heavy. I can’t.” Her girlfriend looked at Taeyeon with her ‘puppy-eyes’ and pouted lips. The one aeygo that Taeyeon can never resist.

 

“I won’t let you sleep with a sad feeling. We’re going on that date you want, no matter what. You don’t have to worry. I’m stronger than I look. I carried that piano to the rooftop by myself.”

 

“Really?” Taeyeon’s eyes widen.

 

“Well, some of the guys helped me.” Sunny gave a goffy smile. Taeyeon playfully slapped her back while chuckling. Sunny felt relief seeing her smile again instead of having that sulking expression. “It’s alright. I can carry you.”

 

                Taeyeon did not argue and climbed up on Sunny’s back. She yelped when her girlfriend stood up all of the sudden. “See? I told you I can.” She proudly smiled. “Fine. You’re a strong girlfriend of mine.” Taeyeon pecked Sunny’s neck. Sunny giggled. “Yah, that tickles!” Instead of stopping, Taeyeon gave more kisses on Sunny’s neck. She stopped when Sunny ran while carrying her on the back. She held on tight to the blonde’s shoulders. Sunny laughed and finally stopped running since she was out of breath. “That’s for teasing me.” Taeyeon pouted and hit Sunny’s back. “Pabo!” The younger one smiled at how childish yet sweet the moment they were sharing right now. “I love you.” She said before she started to walked along the beach. The two enjoyed the view of the city’s lights as they listened to the sound of waves hitting the beach. Taeyeon felt all warm inside. She was lucky to have such a good woman like Sunny to be her girlfriend and soon-to-be husband/wife. She never regretted moving away from her parents to continue on living happily. She wasn’t alone. She had Sunny with her. She hugged Sunny and laid her head down on her back. “I love you too.”

 

END FLASHBACK

 

                Taeyeon secretly stares at Jessica. She could feel the tears in her eyes are about to fall again. Jessica is a different person yet she feels as if she is with Sunny again. Taeyeon hugs Jessica and lays her head on the back. Jessica, on the other hand, got surprise when she feels Taeyeon laying on her back. She can feel how warm her body is. Jessica could not help but smiles. When they got to the front of the building, Jin is already waiting with a wheelchair besides him. “Jessica.” He worriedly looks at her. Her face is sweaty but she is doing just fine. “Taeyeon, I’ll put you down on the wheelchair, okay?” Taeyeon grips on Jessica’s coat. She’s afraid the doctor would leave her alone with unknown people. Jessica understands the signal. “Don’t worry, I won’t leave. I promise.” Taeyeon finally release her grip from the coat and Jessica puts her down on the wheelchair. Jessica sees how dirty her patient’s clothes and body. She probably didn’t take any showers during her times at the solitary confinement.

 

“Hey, Taeyeon should take her shower and meal. Some clean clothes too.”

 

“Well, since she can’t walk, she should bath in a tub. There’s one in the bathroom on the third floor. I’ll get her some clothes from the staff.” Jin said.

 

“Thanks, Jin. I really owe you.” Jessica smiled. She pushes the wheelchair to inside the building and towards an empty lift. All eyes immediately turn to the rookie doctor and the infamous patient. She can hear whisperings from them but Jessica do not have the time to bother about their questions. She wants to make sure Taeyeon is clean and eat well before rest. She pushes the 3rd floor button on the lift; sending them up.

 

                Taeyeon looks around the building. This might be new for her, to see this place since she closed her mind during those three years. This is the time she gets to know what kind of place she have been living. Jessica holds her hand and smiles at her. “You’re alright?” She asked. Taeyeon blink her eyes a few times before nodding. She still won’t talk. The walls she built around her aren’t fully torn down. Jessica didn’t mind. Having to see actually responding to her now is a huge progress. They have taken a big step here. Jessica can’t help but being feeling quite proud of her achievement. She was just a rookie doctor that started a month ago, now she was the first one ever to make Taeyeon to responded. Then, she remembers about that owner, Lee Junho. Someone must have already reported to him about this. Jessica is not ready to spill the beans. There are still so much she have not dug up yet. She snap out from her thoughts when the door of the lift opens. She carefully pushes the wheelchair out from the lift then goes straight to the bathroom that Jin mentioned.

 

                Turns out the bathroom is for doctors. Unexpected things always happen in the facility and doctors would sometimes be stained by blood or have food thrown by patients. Thankfully, there is no one inside. Jessica can be comfortable. “We should clean you up.” Taeyeon only nods her head. She takes off her coat and hangs it. She turns around at Taeyeon and her eyes looking at the dirty jumpsuit she is wearing. Jessica feels embarass. She have taken off clothes of a teenage girl before but she was only fourteen. Taeyeon is a full grown woman. She can imagine bathing Taeyeon inside a tub. Her face flushes in red color so she quickly looks at one of the empty tubs. “Mm, Taeyeon. Since you’re a grown woman now, is it okay for me to-bath you?” She asked for a confirmation first. She feels Taeyeon tugging on the end of her blouse. She looks back at the patient and Taeyeon nods her head. Jessica takes a deep breath. She turns on the two faucets, one for cold water and one for hot water. She wants the water to be warm for Taeyeon.

 

“Are you sure you can’t take your bath alone?” She asked again. Taeyeon shook her head. Jessica feels the bathroom suddeny gets hot for no reason. Her forehead begins to sweat again while she stares at the jumpsuit Taeyeon is wearing. “Calm down, Jessica Jung. She’s just a patient of yours. No need to be embarass.” She mentally told herself. “Okay.” She kneels down and reach for the end of Taeyeon’s top jumpsuit. Her hands are trembling. “Taeyeon, you really can’t take a bath on your own?” Taeyeon just stares at Jessica until the woman finally sighs in defeat. It would be easier if she asks one of the staffs to do the job. But, Taeyeon didn’t want anyone to touch her except Jessica so she’ll have to be the one to do it. Jessica sure this more nerve-wrecking than having Taeyeon choked her earlier. With another deep breath, Jessica takes off the dirty jumpsuit and puts it aside. Next the singlet and pants; leaving the patient only with her underwear and bra. Jessica swears she is sweating like crazy right now. “L-Lean forward.” Jessica said and Taeyeon did. She hold onto the bra. Her mind is currently having a ‘battle.’ After a while, she finally manage to get her hands to unclasp the bra. Jessica could see Taeyeon’s exposed s. She feels her breath hitch. One last fabric needs to be taken off. Jessica gathers up all her inner mental strength and reach underwear-taking it off. Taeyeon is now fully in front of Jessica and she can’t seem to make her eyes open properly. She feels like closing them tight so she won’t see Taeyeon’s body. The water splash onto the floor when the tub got full. Jessica quickly turns off the faucets and checks the water’s temperature. It is warm like she wanted.

 

“Okay, let’s go you inside.” Jessica turn towards Taeyeon and carries her bridal style. She could feel the warmth of Taeyeon’s exposed skin against her body. She remains her compose expression to make the situation less awkward. She feels like the tub is kilometers away. It’s taking her forever to get there. Well, that’s only her imagination. Once she got near, Jessica puts Taeyeon inside the tub, splashing more water onto the floor. “Wait here.” Jessica goes to find some shampoo, soap and sponge inside a cabinet. She founds a bottle of strawberry scented shampoo with the name Yuri written on it. Yuri uses her own shampoo since she feels like the shampoos the facility bought are ruining her hair. “I’m sure Yul won’t mind.” After grabbing the bottle of shampoo, an anti-bacterial soap and a yellow sponge, Jessica gets back to the bathroom stall. Taeyeon is playing with the water; moving her hand around and making small waves. Jessica can’t help but smiling at the cute scene. At least, it helps her reduce the nervous feeling. She sits down on a stool she prepares earlier. Then, she starts to pour some water on Taeyeon’s hair and the rest of her body to make it wet. Jessica squirts some shampoo onto the palm of her hand and gently washes Taeyeon’s hair. She loves smelling the strawberry scent.

 

                Taeyeon close her eyes; enjoying the soft hands rubbing her scalp. She enjoys this. She misses it. After that, Jessica continues to squirt the liquid soap onto the wet sponge and scrubs from her back to the shoulders. She isn’t just focusing on bathing Taeyeon, but she have been observing the details of her body too. She never see it clearly before. She always thought how beautiful Taeyeon looks. However, she would never thought she has a good-figure; perfectly scultuped clavicle, not-so-broad shoulders and a flat stomach. She certainly have great appearence. She must be very famous among the men even women perhaps. Suddenly, Taeyeon grabs her hand, suprising Jessica from her train of thoughts. She looks at Taeyeon. “W-What’s wrong?” Taeyeon didn’t talk, of course. Instead, she guides Jessica’s hand near her chest. Jessica becomes all red.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

                I confusingly blinking my eyes. She suddenly just held my hand and guided near her chest. I can see her exposed s and my face immediately feels hot. I know I have s too so it should be fine seeing other women’s breats. But, I’m not so used to that. Even back at the University, I never seen any of my friends in front of me at the hostel. I can’t understand Taeyeon’s intention. Well, until she give signals with her eyes. She wanted me to scrubs on that part too. I feel so embarass. Jessica Jung, you’re such a dirty minded person. I carefully move my hand; doing my best to avoid her s. I feel relief when I can finally move on to scrubbing her arms. My eyes are focusing on the sponge but I got the feeling that Taeyeon is staring at me. Those round, dark-brown eyes of hers’ are hard not to be notice. I pretend not to know it though. Maybe, she is just observing me, to make sure I am well-enough to be trusted.

 

                I finish scrubbing most parts of her body including her legs and arms. Now, there is one more place I need to wash. My heart begins to beat a notch faster. Who wouldn’t be nervous? If I could, I’ll just carry her out without washing her private part. But, well, that would be wrong. I don’t want her to have any bacterial infections just because I got all shy. This is frustrating. But, this is my job as her doctor. I learn a new thing today; go beyond your limits. I take a deep breath as I move my hand towards her lower part. I’m trembling. I’m sweating. Everytime I was about to reach down there, I keep pulling back my hand. Damn it, I’m so pathetic. I mentally cursed myself for getting nervous. This is my third time retreating my hand. I, once again, try to force myself. I got suprise when Taeyeon suddenly holds my hand. I nervously turn towards her straight-expression face. “S-Sorry.” I apologized. She didn’t nod or shook her head. Instead, she takes the sponge from my hand and gestures her hand; telling me to look away for a while. I immediately did what she asked. I silently thank God for giving her some strenght to do it herself.

 

                I heard the waters splashing. I am still worried so I secretly takes a peek at her. Taeyeon is frowning as she did her best to move her weak hand. I’m glad she understood this is not an easy thing for me to get it done. Although, I feel a bit guilty for making her wash it on her own. I quickly take my eyes off her when I see her stop moving. “Mm, mm.” She hummed. She must be calling for me. I look at her while slightly smiling. “Finish?” Taeyeon nod. This is probably one of the hardest task for me so far. I’m just happy it is done. I pick up a clean towel before helping her to stand up from the tub and wraps it around her body. I get another towel, a smaller one to dry her short hair. She just quietly staring until I’m finish. I carried her to a bench in the middle of the room. There are clean clothes along with undergarments on top of the wheelchair. A female staff must have sent it earlier. I help Taeyeon to put on her clothes. For the first time, I see Taeyeon looks refreshing. She seem to be much more brighter. So much prettier than before. Even her looks alone manage to captivate my attention.

 

“Come on, let’s get you back to your room.” I told her. Taeyeon just tiredly nod her head. After putting her down on the wheelchair, I push her and we got inside another lift. Since the buildings were built seperately, we have to go down again. When we got out from the lift, I see Yuri at the front door. Our eyes met and her calm expression turns to a suprise one. I already expected that. Unlike the others, she approaches us in a fast pace.

 

“Sica.” She called, but her eyes is looking down at Taeyeon. “So, it is true. You-“ She couldn’t finish her words. I guess she must be too surprise. Well, I can’t blame her. I am suprise myself.

 

“The others told you, huh?” Yuri just nods with slightly open. When she got closer, Taeyeon quickly hold my hand tightly making Yuri more shock than ever. She or anyone else here never seen Taeyeon responded like that. She only moves her head before. To see her holding my hand, it’s like receiving a new discovery.

 

“Y-Yah, d-did you see that!?” Yuri almost screamed. I think she isn’t aware that she’s scaring Taeyeon right now.

 

“Yul, lower your voice. You’re scaring the hell out of Taeyeon.”

 

“Oh, sorry. It’s just that, I’m so amazed.” Yuri leans forward to look a closer look at Taeyeon. Taeyeon holds my hand tighter while looking at me. I get the idea. “We should be going now. Taeyeon needs her rest.” I said.

 

Yuri nods. “Okay then, I’ll be going too. You better tell me the whole story, Sica-yah. I’m so curious that my head is about to explode!”

 

“I’ll tell you when I have a free time.” I smiled.

 

“See you later.” Yuri walks away. Taeyeon loosen her grip on my hand once she is gone. I pat Taeyeon’s head. “Don’t be scared, she’s a friend. She used to be your doctor too.” I told her. Taeyeon stares at me and nodded. I was about to push Taeyeon’s wheelchair when Yuri called me. I turn my head around.

 

“Thank you, you did a good job.” Yuri smiles at me before finally walking away. I guess I did help her to get rid of the guilt. She couldn’t help Taeyeon before, so it had been bothering her mind for quite a while.

 

                We arrived at the building where the patients live. Once again, I enter an un-familiar place again. There’s not much differences with the rooms in this building and the solitary confinement cells. The doors were made of metal but the boxes on it are much more bigger and builth with bars. An officer immediately greeted me. He seems to be shock like the others. “I’ll be sending Taeyeon her room.” I said. “Of course, doctor. I’ll show you the way.” He picks up the keys and we ride the lift to the fourth floor. He unlocks the metal door so we can get inside. Yes, the same as the solitary confinement. The room is not so cramp though, small but still a good place. I wonder why they even use the term ‘room’ instead of cell. There’s aren’t much differences. Maybe it would be more humaine to call like that, I suppose.

 

                A single-bed with a table besides it, a small window and a small furniture to put her clothes. Other than that, there is nothing else but empty walls. “Are you sure you will be okay on your own, doc?” The officer asked again. I give him a reassuring smile. “Yes, don’t worry.” After a while, he finally believes in me and goes out from the room. I close the door behind me. So heavy. I feel like my arms will break. Taeyeon looks around the room. Her eyes are observing. She realizes this is the room she has been living for the past three years. She now sees it clearly. She looks worried.

 

“Hey,” I walk closer to her. “I know you’re scared. But listen, I will do anything to get you out from here. I can’t do it without your help though.” Taeyeon keeps staring at me so I continue. “If I can prove that you are cured, you’ll be given the permission to be release from here. So, in order for us to achieve that, I’ll be needing your coorporation.”

 

                Taeyeon’s eyes are looking down on her laps. She must be thinking. Then, I see she is nodding her head. A smile immediately appears on my face. Taeyeon seem to be taking this whole thing easily than I had thought. I was a bit afraid that she might be all panic. Thankfully, she didn’t. I realizes the room is getting dimmer. I look outside the window and sees the sky is already pitch black with mix of orange from the sun. Office hour is going to end soon. “You should get rest.” I help her to stand up from the wheelchair and lays her body gently on the matress. Her small figure fits perfectly. I get the blanket from a box in the furniture than covers her body so she won’t feel cold. We look at each other. I can’t help myself but to slightly smile when I see those round, cartoonish-like eyes of hers’. I find her eyes to be the most unique part of her. If I am man, I can stare at those lovely eyes for a long time.

 

“Taeyeon, I need to go now. I don’t think a doctor is allow to stay. I will-see you tomorrow. Take care and rest well.” I said. I admit I feel so heavy-hearted right now. I don’t want to leave her alone like this especially when the only person she trusted here is me. Stay strong, Jessica. Don’t get all weak-hearted. I was about to leave the room but Taeyeon quickly hold my hand; preventing me from walking away. “T-Taeyeon.” I called softly. I know she didn’t want me to leave. I can see it clearly in her eyes. “I can’t stay here, Taeyeon.” However, instead of letting go, she holds my hand tighter. I swear she looks so much like a lose puppy right now. Makes me weak in the knees. “Taeyeon.” I called, trying to sounded stren. It didn’t work. Taeyeon is still pulling my hand. I finally sigh in defeat. I guess, Mr. Lee would be okay to loosen a rule for me. Besides, Taeyeon is one of his biggest ‘asset.’

 

“Okay, Taeyeon. I will stay until you fall asleep and I’ll come back before you wake up. Now, close your eyes.” I gently her short hair. Taeyeon slowly loosen her grip and close her eyes. After a while, I heard light snoring. She have already fallen asleep. I get myself a stool that was put in the corner of the room and sit beside the bed.

 

                I took off my coat since it is too warm inside. I look at Taeyeon; taking the chance to once again observing her face’s features. I don’t know why. But, I have feeling that no matter how many times I see her face, I always seem to be amaze and dazzles by her beauty. I am attracted to her ever since the day we first met. She looked empty-hearted, but I have a thought that she was feeling more than that. She just didn’t want to show before. I chuckled. How pathetic I am, remembering back those useless complaints that came out from my mouth about her. All I need was to clear my mind to be able to see those clues clearly. I am grateful that I haven’t given up on her or else who will help her then? I spent the first two hours just looking around the room. I checked my phone earlier only to find out there’s not even a single line here. I begin to feel tired or rather boring. I rub my heavy eyelids while yawning. I’m probably too tired because of the today’s event. Lots of things happened. I ended up lying my head on the small area left on the bed, just next to Taeyeon’s arm. I close my eyes and peacefully let myself sleep.

 

Author’s POV

 

                Jessica stirs in her sleep when she keeps hearing someone mumbling next to her. The first thing that welcomes her is the back-ache. She had been sleeping while hunching her back for almost one in a half hour. She groans when she forces herself to straighten her body. She rub her sleepy eyes. The room is dark, the only source of light is from the moon itself. She yawns and looks at Taeyeon. The young woman is frowning. Her lips keep mumbling hush words that Jessica can’t quite hear well. “Hgh.” Taeyeon’s hand hold the bed-sheet tightly while moving her head to the side. Jessica knows there is something wrong. She stands up from the chair and gets closer to Taeyeon.

 

“T-Taeyeon-ah?” She called. Taeyeon keeps moving around as she grunts. “Taeyeon?” Jessica gets closer. “Taeyeon, wake up.”

 

“S-Sunny, Sunny, SUNNY!” Taeyeon shouted. Her hands reach her own face; digging her nails into her skin until it left some small cuts.

 

“Taeyeon, NO!” Jessica quickly hold both of her arms. “Taeyeon! C-Calm down!”

 

“AHH!” Taeyeon screamed. A lone tear falls from her close eyes.

 

“Taeyeon, wake up! Wake up!” Jessica shouted. The woman beneath her finally stops moving when she wakes up from her sleep. She looks at Jessica with teary and fearful eyes. Her lips tremble. Jessica didn’t wait any longer to hold Taeyeon in her arms. “Hey, hey, it’s okay. I’m here.”

 

                Taeyeon wrap her arms around Jessica’s small waist and lays her head on her chest. Jessica didn’t care if her blouse is going to get wet from tears. Her hand is rubbing Taeyeon’s back as she tries soothing her crying patient. She feels it again, that tight knot in her chest. She gently pushes Taeyeon so there will be a small gap between them. “I’ll sleep next to you so when you have nightmares, I’ll be by your side.” Jessica hold her cheeks and lovingly gives a kiss on Taeyeon’s forehead. “Now, let’s go back to sleep.” Both of them lay so closely on each other on the small, single-bed. Jessica is laying on her back while Taeyeon besides her; Taeyeon puts her head on her chest and her arms hugging her body. Jessica pulls the blanket to cover themselves. She looks down at Taeyeon and she seems to be scared to go back to sleep again. Whatever nightmare she had earlier, it is bothering her mind.

 

“Are you scared?” Jessica asked. Taeyeon didn’t look at her, instead she just nods her head. Jessica knows a way to get her to sleep again. She always did it when Soojung couldn’t sleep when they were kids. “Close your eyes.” Jessica said. Taeyeon seem worried so she gives her a reassuring smile to ease her fright. When Taeyeon close her eyes, Jessica places her soft palm on Taeyeon’s shoulder and rubs her thumb. She let out a long sigh. She can’t remember well the last time she ever let someone listen to her singing. It suddenly makes her a bit nervous. “Okay.”

 

I know how you feel

I won’t ask anymore

There’s nothing I want more in this world

More Than Your Love

You you become a starlight

And make me shine

& I Know I Know

Is this the start of the two of us

 

When time goes by

And things get hard

Then Baby Ooh Would

You Love Me The Same

If there’s only

The two of us in the world, even then

Ooh Would You Love Me

The Same

 

Would You Love Me

The Same

Would you not change

Even when the lights go out

Will you hold my hand

Would You Love Me

The Same

Will you cherish me

Even when I’m not glamorous

Would I Still Have

Your Heart Babe

 

When time goes by

And things get hard

Then Baby Ooh Would

You Love Me The Same

If there’s only

The two of us in the world, even then

Ooh Would You Love Me

The Same

 

                By the time Jessica stops singing, Taeyeon is already deep in her sleep. She unknowningly smiles and her hand Taeyeon on the head. “You-remind me of her, a lot. She used to fall asleep like this too.” Jessica could feel her tears are about to fall but she holds back. She leans forward to kiss Taeyeon on the forehead again. She loves how her soft skin makes her feel all warm inside. She haven’t been this caring towards someone. Jessica do admits, ever since her only sister passed away, she had been building a wall around her-preventing herself from being so caring and loving towards someone. She was scared that if she cared too much for a person. She’ll get hurt badly again. She didn’t want that. Suddenly, her phone rings; a notice that she got a text from someone.

 

[xxx] : Sica, our meeting is still on or what? I have been calling you for five times but you didn’t pick up.

 

[To xxx] : Sorry, Hara. I’m still back at my work place. The line here is really ed up. I kinda have something to handle right now.

 

[xxx] : Oh well, I guess I’ll be meeting you tomorrow. I’m pretty busy since my other client keeps calling me to meet her. I only have tomorrow and the day after.

 

[To xxx] : I will meet you tomorrow. For sure.

 

[xxx] : Alright, see you soon.

 

The short conversation ended and Jessica puts back her phone back on the table. She got a bit surprise when Taeyeon snuggles closer to her. Instead of grunting, Taeyeon keeps making this puppy sound which Jessica finds to be really cute. She wraps her arm securely on Taeyeon’s shoulder then stares at the empty ceiling. Now that everything have changed, Jessica is curious how will the days after this is going to be? Suddenly, she remembers that she have forgotten to feed Taeyeon. She puts a mental note for herself to give Taeyeon a hardy breakfast first thing in the morning. Right now, all she wants to do is rest. She close her eyes. “Good night, Taengoo.”

Good night, Taengoo.” Those familiar words made Taeyeon slightly smile in her sleep.

 

To Be Continued.

A/N: Part 3 is up! Woop woop! It took me quite long to finish this one. I had been busy for this past few weeks. My holiday is going to be over soon and I have to go back to collage again this next week. TT.TT So, updating would be a bit hard but I will write during my free time and update if I can :) Anyways, hopefully my readers will enjoy this part. Of course, thank you for all your subs and comments. Even the up-voters. Continue commenting, tell me what you guys think about this! ^^ - reowesome