four

Making You Mine

Mark had no idea what that was about. What was wrong with Jackson? He was happy that his mother had called for him but more so confused on Jackson'sighed part. What was he trying to do? It was almost as if he was trying to give the older a kiss. But Jackson wouldn't try to do that, would he? They were just friends and friends don't kiss their friends, right? "Thank you Yi-En." Mark's mother said as Mark brought in the last bag.

"N-No p-p-problem." Mark began pulling out the food that was bought. He quickly searched for the younger. Jackson was sitting at the island counter, looking down at its surface. He sighed. At least it wasn't as awkward as he expected. Mark slid a bottle of water that he just picked up across the counter. It tapped the younger's arm. Jackson looked up at the item and then up at Mark. "D-Drink." Was the only thing he could think to say. He didn't want what transpired earlier to affect their friendship, but he still couldn't move past what happened.

"Jackson, sweetie, are you staying for dinner?" Mark's mother asked, pulling various items from the bags. She loved it when Mark's friends stayed over. It was like having a full house which she didn't have much of anymore. 

"No ma'ma. My co-family is having their family night tonight and I have to be there." Mark could tell Jackson was lying. He was looking around the room, drawing shapes with his eyes.

"L-Liar. You just-t-t d-d-don't want to st-tick around a-after that." Mark mumbled in Korean, loud enough for Jackson to hear. The younger flinched at the words but didn't say anything. He turned to his mother. "I-I-It's fine ma. I-It'll just b-b-be you and Joey. I-I have a s-session with J-J-Jinyoung." His mother frowned slightly.

"Oh my boy is moving along so well. I missed the days where you didn't even want to go see your old speech coach." The older chuckled. "Fine Fine. I'll just make dinner for two." Mark turned back to Jackson with a glare. He was not happy with the younger. How could he just flake out without talking to Mark about what he was trying to do? Jackson gulped, cringing back in the seat. He had thought before that an angry Mark meant a hot Mark, but he was definitely wrong. Mark was scary when mad. 

"Um, we'll I have to get going. I'll see you later Mrs. Tuan." The younger grabbed his bottle of water and bolted for the door. Mark sighed and watched him leave.

-

"M-Ma, what would y-y-you d-d-do if one o-of your friends t-tried to k-k-kiss you?" Mark was getting ready to leave but this was weighing on his mind. It didn't really matter what the answer was. He just couldn't help think that maybe Jackson was planning for something more serious than he intended. 

"It depends. Are we talking about you?" His mother was always quick to catch on. Mother's intuition, he supposed.

"Y-Y-Yes." He answered sullenly. 

"A boy or a girl?" Mark wished he could've said girl but that wasn't an option. Besides no girl had ever wanted to kiss him and he had never given them a chance.

"B-Boy." Why did he even have to ask?

"Sweetheart, I wouldn't be affected by that. It just means they like you. And I know you well enough to know that you probably like them as much. Is it Youngjae? I'd never expect that our of him, but you have been friends for some time. Or maybe it's the younger one with the cute older brother. What's his name? Yugeom? Oh, I know! It's Jackson. I had a feeling. He's got those eyes. The same ones your father gave me. I think its cute." Mark sighed loudly. He couldn't believe his mother just said that. 

"I-I got to g-g-go, ma." He moved to give his mother a hug. He was fine with not answering anything that he mother said.

"See you later sweetie. I love you."