sixteen

Making You Mine

Mark's mother, Joey, and Youngjae piled into the room, but the two males didn't even notice. Mark was laughing at whatever Jackson had said. They were having a good time. "Ah! My precious baby! He's laughing again." Her voice made Mark look up. 

"H-H-Hey ma." Mrs. Tuan smiled at her son. She couldn't be happier. She didn't even know what she was happy for. That her son was okay or that Jackson had made him laugh again. She decided on both. Both of those things were good in her book. Joey and Youngjae moved to the other side of the bed that Jackson wasn't on. 

"Are you okay?" Joey asked, looking over Mark. The older nodded. 

"Y-Yeah, I'm f-f-fine. J-Jackson took c-c-care of me." Joey smiled at his brother. The younger looked quickly at Jackson who hadn't taken his eyes off Mark. He chuckled softly. His mom had been right about those two.

"Yah!" Youngjae yelled, making everyone jump. "You're not off the hook just because you're in the hospital." Mark sighed. He wasn't in the best postiton to push away Youngjae's words. He knew that this would happen at some point.

"J-Joey, ma c-c-can you g-give u-us a few minutes p-please." Joey nodded, moving past Youngjae.

"Of course. C'mon mom I heard there's some good rice pudding in the cafeteria." Joey was quick to grasp the situation. He pulled his mother out of the room. Once the two were out of the room Youngjae began his onslaught of protests, if you could even call them that.

"I let you go through with this because I know how much Jackson means to you. I stayed around a jerk like him because of you!" He turned to Jackson. "I helped you because I thought you'd be good for him. But what friend puts him in the hospital! Huh? What friend!" The older gasped in air. His breathe was still not as stable as Dr. Ji said it was.

"Y-Y-Youngjae-ssi, it wasn't-t-t J-Jackson's fault. I-I did t-this." The younger pushed a hand through his hair, calming himself down.

"An attack with lack of oxygen causes slight suffocation. That hasn't happened since we were kids. But this wasn't in fear, right? It was joy?" Mark nodded, looking at Jackson. He had never had an attack because he was happy. Youngjae sighed. "This is what I get for letting other people in. Fine, you're free to do whatever. But. If Mark ends up her again. It's you and me, Jackson." The brunette nodded. He would do anything for Mark.