Hanging Out With Friends

30 Days of Taeco

Jiho gets bored very, very easily. 

 
Taeil doesn't even get offended anymore when Jiho starts suddenly texting someone in the middle of one of Taeil's sentences, or when he begins to jot down lyrics at restaurants in the middle of dinner.
 
It's just who Jiho is.
 
So Taeil doesn't even bat an eye when, halfway through the most recent episode of his favorite drama, he looks over to see Jiho with his thumbs flying across his phone screen. 
 
"Who's coming over?" He asks.
 
"Kyung," Jiho smiles over at him, slipping his phone back into his pocket. "He might bring Jaehyo too, he said that hyung hasn't gotten off of the computer since last night."
 
Taeil nods, and scoots himself over so that he can lean his head against Jiho's shoulder. 
 
The two watch their show quietly until Kyung's voice comes on over the intercom, and Jiho goes to buzz him in. 
 
Kyung walks into the room in a huge sweater and with a backpack of laundry that he wants to put through Jiho's washer. Jaehyo follows in a pair of designer sunglasses and thrift store sweatpants, and he settles himself next to Taeil with an explosive sigh. 
 
On Taeil's other side, between him and Jiho, Jihoon squeezes himself. 
 
"I'm here too!" He says, and Taeil smiles at him with teeth visible. It's hard to not smile when Jihoon is around.
 
"He started whining when Jaehyo and I were leaving so I just told him to come along. Hope that's okay." Kyung's voice tells them that he couldn't care less whether or not it was okay, but it is okay so Jiho just nods and slings an arm around Jihoon's shoulders.
 
The real surprise comes when Yukwon grunts a hello and settles himself on Jiho's love seat next to a waving Minhyuk. 
 
"My apartment is boring." Minhyuk shrugs in explanation. All eyes turn to Yukwon.
 
"Sunhye is at work." 
 
They all nod, and then their attention switches to Jiho's tv, and the woman sobbing and clutching an apathetic man's arm in the current scene. That's how it stays for half an hour, near silent but for the tapping of phone keys and Kyung sipping on the boba he'd come in with.
 
The episode ends with a hackneyed cliffhanger and the seven of them groan in unison. 
 
Minhyuk stands, popping his back, and reaches for his phone.
 
"Who wants pizza?" He asks mid-dial.
 
Taeil immediately raises his hand, as does everyone else.
 
"You're all getting cheese." Minhyuk sighs, and steps into the kitchen to make the call. Jihoon whines about wanting olives and Jaehyo pouts about no pepperoni, but Jiho offers to pay and everyone shuts up.
 
The room fills with conversation that Taeil chooses to stay silent during instead of actively engaging in; he's always been more of a quiet listener type. At some point Jihoon moves to sit next to Kyung and Jiho pulls Taeil over to him, grasping for his hands so he can trace the ink decorating them. Taeil feels so content then, in Jiho's arms, surrounded by his relaxed and happy friends and listening to them talk. 
 
He smiles into Jiho's arm, and lets it all wash over him.