With Animal Ears

30 Days of Taeco

Jiho honestly doesn't even get embarrassed anymore. He's done so many humiliating things for his fans, in front of thousands, if not more, people, he's learned to swallow his pride.

 
Still. That really is much easier said than done.
 
'Girl groups wear them all the time,' he tries to tell himself. 'This isn't weird.'
 
But it really, really feels like it is.
 
He glares into the mirror in front of him, coordi noonas scuttling around him with brushes and eyeshadow palettes as he tries not to pout. 
 
His ears are coal black and tall, pointed, with pink velvet shells and white fluff stapled to the very center. They're really cute, and Jiho doesn't think any degree of glower he can muster will cancel that out. Jihoon suddenly draws his attention from the mirror next to him, grinning like a madman and pulling on his own headband, with ovular monkey ears sitting on either side of his face.
 
At least maknae is having fun.
 
Jiho sighs deeply at his adorable reflection and sits back in his seat, cowed. 
 
He itches idly at the small teeth on the plastic band holding the ears in place, trying to cover it in the mirror with any hair he can. There's nothing he can do about them now, so he might as well just man up and wear his kitten ears with pride.
 
"You're so sulky." A familiar giggle comes from behind him.
 
"Cause I look like an idiot." He replies, and turns to face Taeil.
 
His boyfriends own ears are considerably smaller, at an angle in the tangle of wavy brown hair on his head. Jiho thinks they're supposed to be bear ears, they're small and round and fuzzy.
 
And they're really freaking cute.
 
Taeil smiles at him, cheeks a little pink, and reaches out to tug at the point of one of Jiho's ears, knocking them askew.
 
"You look like an alley cat." He jokes, grinning and flicking the fake ear. "I wanna feed you some table scraps."
 
Jiho snorts and rights them, crossing his arms over his chest.
 
"Well, you look like a teddy bear."
 
Taeil just shrugs.
 
"The noonas say I look cuddly."
 
Jiho pretends that his vague little jolt of possessiveness is indigestion and smiles fondly up at him.
 
"They're not wrong." He flirts.
 
Taeil ruins the moment with a disgusting display of fake aegyo, eyes scrunched up and gross cutesy noises falling from his pursed lips, and Jiho laughs, clutching his belly. Taeil smiles back at him, such utter affection on his face, and Jiho feels a pleasant shiver move up his spine.
 
They're called onto the stage not long after, and if Jiho can't really keep his eyes off of Taeil?
 
Just blame it on the ears.