On A Date

30 Days of Taeco

Taeil and Jiho have been dating for two years.

A pretty respectable amount of time, especially in their industry, let alone their country, but that's not really the point.

The point is that they've been dating for two years, but have never been on an official date.

Three am convenience store stops for questionable sausage kimbap, studio sessions with just the two of them, even hurried dinners at the dorms tiny kitchen island; all things they'd done and been happy doing.

But never an official date.

And now it's February, the fourteenth to be exact, and Jiho really just wants to be a normal young man in love for a day, no idol responsibilities, no fans or managers or anti's.

He gets his idea early in the morning the day of, six fifty am, to be exact, and doesn't hesitate in fumbling his mobile off of it's charger and finding 'Hyung <3' in his contacts.

Taeil agrees to meet him at a local amusement park that evening groggily, soft voice with a rare hint of gravel, and Jiho has to fist his hands beneath the sheets as he smiles into his phone.

Jiho spends the day on his own in the minimal studio set up in his apartment, doing little actual work. He's just too excited.

He takes a lot longer to get ready than he'd ever admit too. His small bedroom is a twilight warzone, casualties in the dozens of shirts, blouses, jackets, pants, and other assorted accessories left to wrinkle on his floor. He feels silly, fingers unsteady as they pluck at the beige cotton of the turtleneck he'd eventually chosen, knees wobbly in his brown slacks.

He and Taeil had a stable, strong relationship already. They'd been through some of the hardest trials in their lives with the other to support them, celebrated some of the greatest victories.

So why does this have Jiho's heart racing so quickly in his chest, his hands so clammy?

He collects himself quickly though, and a blazer, a watch, and a single earring later, he's out the door, phone in hand.

Taeil picks up on the second ring, now much more awake and, subsequently, much more confused.

"Why are we doing this again?" He asks a little grumpily.

Jiho grins at no one, anonymous on the street in large, expensive sunglasses with his turtleneck pulled up to cover the lower half of his face.

"Just 'cause." He answers simply, evasively, and Taeil must be able to hear the smile in his voice because he doesn't question further.

"If you say so." 

"I do."

Taeil snorts something into the reciever, makes sure Jiho knows that he's only leader on company time, and hangs up.

Jiho resists the spasmodic urge to skip the final few steps to his car.

The drive is quick, he listens to love songs on the radio, and as he pulls into the amusement park car lot, he keeps his eyes peeled for that small black bike he so loves. He finds it, and Taeil, a few rows from the entrance, and has to suppress a laugh.

Taeil is leaning against his motorcycle, arms crossed in his large grey sweatshirt, jean-clad legs crossed at the ankle, timberlands tilted disinteretedly. A black beanie is mashed onto his head, no glasses apparent. His flat facial expression smoothes out immediately when he recognizes Jiho's car.

Only to pinch in again when his boyfriend finally climbs out.

A raised eyebrow is Jiho's greeting.

"We're at an amusement park." Taeil states incredulously, eyes scanning Jiho's whole body. "You do know that right?"

Jiho shrugs, grinning toothily.

Taeil sighs, though a hint of a grin is visible at the corner of his mouth, to Jiho's well trained eye.

"You're the flashiest bastard I've ever met."

Jiho feels warmth flood through him, familiar affection, and he spins on his heel to start striding towards the entrance of the park.

"Well, hyung," He speaks over his shoulder, "you can't really blame me. It is sort of a thing, you know, to dress up for a first date?"

A beat of silence, and then the hurried patter of Taeil running to catch up to him.

A small hand grasps the sleeve of Jiho's blazer and yanks, and Jiho stops and turns to look down at Taeil, smile now less smug and more fond. Taeil's face is open, much more vulnerable than he usually allows himself, while glimmers of excitement pool at the corners of his eyes.

"Really?" He asks softly.

Jiho nods. 

"No joking?"

Jiho nods again.

Taeil bites his lip, looks down, but Jiho can still see the apples of his cheeks round out in a smile. By the time he lifts his head again his face is smooth, but for his teeth worrying at his pink bottom lip.

Then Jiho's hand is being pulled from his pocket, and small, strong fingers are threading between his. Taeil tightens his grip for a moment, palms endearingly sweaty, and gives Jiho's arm a little yank as he starts to walk again.

"Let's get going, then."