Shopping

30 Days of Taeco

They're out of deoderant. 

Not exactly a disaster, but at the very least it's a very smelly inconvenience, and Taeil is surrounded by verile young men all day, they tend to work up a stink after a few hours.

He needs to go shopping anyways, the dorm could use another dishrag (they're currently using one of Kyung's undershirts that they repurposed) and the ratio of healthy to unhealthy food in their fridge is starting to become embarrassing.

But Taeil doesn't have a car, he doubts he could fit all of the sacks he knows he'll have on his bike, and he doesn't feel like making one of their managers sit in the parking lot until his finishes. So he calls Jiho.

Jiho tells him that he has some stuff to pick up as well and tells Taeil to wait for him outside. He talks to him until he gets in his car, regular for the two of them, and

Taeil hates having to hang up but Zico is a cautious driver and he respects that so he does.

When he finally pulls up, that damned porsche gleaming, freshly washed, Taeil rolls his eyes as he gets in.

He doesn't know why he keeps forgetting about Jiho's occasional luxurious habits.

"Nice sweatpants." Is Taeil's greeting as he hops in.

He plucks at the baggy fabric disinterestedly.

"Nice face." He replies.

Jiho snorts, and they pull out onto the sleepy street. It's evening, a weekday, and the city is blanketed by a grey sky and air chilly enough that the tips of their noses get pink and numb. The drive is quiet and comfortable, heater warming Taeil's hands, some soft American indie song on the radio that Taeil recognizes as the one that Jiho sings under his breath whenever they make dinner together.

The small grocery has only a few other cars parked in front of it, and they get a good spot near the front.

The automatic doors split to let them enter and wash them in a slight warmth, and the sounds of check out tills and squeaky cart wheels.

Taeil grabs a basket and heads towards the personal hygiene aisle, Jiho a step behind him.

Taeil takes a cheap 3-pack of generic deoderant off of the shelf and Jiho takes a tube of toothpaste at random, tossing it into the basket and going to look at disposable razor heads. While he does so Taeil walks off, shuffling, hands in his pockets. Nobody looks at him or even spares him a second glance in his baggy clothes and big lensless glasses, and he revels in it. Here he's not an idol, he's not Lee Taeil of boy group Block B, he's just 25 year old Lee Taeil, looking for the spice aisle.

Jiho rejoins him later as he stands in front of the canned soups, shampoo, a bag of apples, and few half-won notebooks in his hands.

"You're paying for all this." Taeil makes sure he knows, taking the items and dropping them in his basket.

"Duh." Jiho yawns, and Taeil nods.

He always has to be sure with these kids.

They pay a few minutes later, after Taeil added a few more vegetables and meats to his basket and Jiho seperated everything.

After paying they head back out reluctantly, immediately feeling a noticeable drop in temperature since when they went inside.

Taeil laughs at Jiho rubbing his arms.

"Still wanna make fun of my sweatpants?"

Jiho just grumbles at him, tweaks his cheek like he knows Taeils pretends to hate, and the two drive back to the dorm.