In A Different Clothing Style

30 Days of Taeco

Lee Taeil has never in his life been behind the scenes of a runway, ever, and to no actual surprise he finds that he does not, at all, like it. 

 
It's absolute chaos, men and women scattering about like ants beneath a lamp, dirty makeup brushes and aerosol cans held in from of them like weapons as they look for somewhere to be useful. Every flat surface has some type of fabric on it, sewing needles poking from between so many lips that Taeil is a little afraid to ask where he can get some water lest one of them flies out and jabs him. 
 
He's a little lost in the crowd, and no matter how much he enjoys people watching he's still not really one for crowds. So he starts to make his way towards the first corner he sees, bowing so frequently on his way there that his lower back twinges as he slumps into it. 
 
His breath whooshes out of him, tight chest muscles relaxing. He plays with his fingers in front of him as he continues calming himself down. 
 
He catches a glimpse of Minhyuk getting his makeup done, simple and soft and angelic, just like the rest of them. His hair is too short to curl, but Taeil's hadn't been. Soft waves fall over his forehead and frame his eyes, and he desperately wants to play with it, hide them, but he doesn't want to risk the wrath of the scary man who'd done it so he keeps his hands otherwise occupied. 
 
The group had been contacted to model a line of natural, mori-style men's clothing for a Japanese fashion brand. They'd readily accepted, seeing it as the ready promotional opportunity it was, and now here they are, fifteen minutes from walking the stage.
 
Taeil's starting to feel a bit sweaty.
 
He's not like Jaehyo or Minhyuk, he doesn't have the kind of self-confidence to be comfortable doing something like this. Jihoon and Jiho have actually modeled before, Jiho does solo shoots all the time!
 
Taeil just wishes that he'd be able to sit this one out.
 
He tugs absently on the topmost button of his loose, dark pants, feeling them swim around his calves lightly, tickling them. Jiho is wearing something similar, loose pants and multiple layered shirts, all neutral colors and flowing, cool fabric, and Taeil wants desperately to see him, just once, before they have to walk out.
 
And his wish is fulfilled not a moment later, as he turns to see his boyfriend heading towards the entrance to the runway.
 
Taeil's heart thumps heavily in his chest as he watches Jiho walk, stride long and lazy. He looks ten feet tall as he moves, blonde head floating above everyone else's, flat, disinterested expression seeming to almost look down from the clouds.
 
Taeils throat gets dryer.
 
A woman stops Jiho with a hand on his arm, looking not a bit intimidated by the tall celebrities stare, and fixes one of his large scarves, arranging the hills and valleys just so. She moves off, and he keeps walking.
 
Taeil can't take his eyes off of him. He looks gorgeous, a sculpture, and Taeil shrinks down internally, crosses his arms across his chest. He wants to leave, put his glasses on and wrap himself in his jackets and sweatpants and tattoos so that no one will look his way, so one will compare him to Jiho.
 
Who's now looking over at him.
 
His expression turns quizzical, then, thundery, then resigned.
 
He starts walking over.
 
Taeil feels like an animal in the eyes of a predator, totally frozen, heart like a drum in his chest.
 
Jiho stops a foot away, arms by his sides. He's wearing heeled boots and Taeil just leather-soled slip-ons, he couldn't even look over Jiho's shoulder if he tried.
 
"Are you ready, hyung?" He asks, softly.
 
Taeil is surprised. He'd expected Jiho to shout, and he doesn't know why.
 
"No."
 
Jiho doesn't look surprised at this, and it makes Taeil blush. He feels massively vulnerable, transparent, and he wants nothing more than to run out and hide before he can get called out.
 
"I know, and that's okay. You just have to get through this one time and it's over. I won't accept another offer like this, okay? Just this once." Jiho sounds so damn understanding, Taeils throat tightens. As he'd spoken, Jiho had reached out and taken Taeils elbows, running his hands down to his wrists and finally his hands, clasping them tightly.
 
A knot in Taeil's chest loosens.
 
"Really?" He finally ekes out. Color blooms in his cheeks at the softness of his voice, but Jiho doesn't even smile.
 
"Really, Taeil."
 
Taeil feels his strength return bit by bit then, and he straightens his back. 
 
Tremulously, he smiles up at Jiho, feeling a foot tall at the sight of him but now able to meet his eye.
 
"Okay then, let's do this." He says.
 
Together, they walk to the front, and wait for their cue.