Wearing Each Other's Clothes

30 Days of Taeco

Taeil likes his coffee black.

It's a fact that Jiho has taken quite a while to get used too. Considering that he likes his with more additions that actual coffee, this concept is an especially alien one. It creates ample opportunities for Jiho to tease Taeil about his natural sweetness, however, so he doesn't criticize his smaller boyfriend too much.

Whenever Taeil sleeps over at his place like he had last night, Jiho makes the coffee in the morning. It's a habit that neither of them remembers the start of, and neither of them care to change. Jiho is always awake earlier anyways, he sleeps like a mother, Taeil like the dead. 

When he'd woken up on this particular morning he'd been greeted by Taeil's angelic visage, drooling onto his pillow, hair wild and pink lips swollen.

God, Jiho loves him.

After admiring him for a bit and working to untangle himself from the sheets without waking his sleeping partner, he'd been reminded by certain natural processes that he was indeed and very cold. 

Very cold.

Normally he'd just yank a blanket from the mattress and wrap himself in it for the short trek to the kitchen, but the previous night had been cold enough that Taeil had cuccooned himself within all of the blankets available in Jiho's apartment, and thoroughly entombed himself in his sleep. 

So Jiho, unwillingly to risk Taeil waking by trying to shimmy a blanket from the pile, instead just stoops and puts on the first item of clothing that he finds.

It's one of Taeil's t-shirts, one that dwarfs him but fits fine enough on Jiho, and he shrugs it on as he ruffes through his underwear drawer for a pair of boxers.

Stepping into those and then a baggy pair of his own pajama bottoms, he finds that the hem of Taeil's shirt doesn't quite meet that of the pants, and a lip of stomach above the band of his underwear is exposed.

He shrugs, and plods down to the coffee machine. 

Taeil comes in after Jiho had just  finished brewing his own cup and started on Taeil's, rubbing tiredly at his swollen eyes.

He's wearing one of Jiho's shirts, in an adorable coincidence, a long-sleeved black mammoth that reaches mid-thigh on him instead of at his hips, like on Jiho. Jiho can't tell whether or not Taeil is wearing underwear, but his bet is on the latter.

He's never been able to tell whether Taeil was an exhibitionist or just apathetic as to who saw him .

Jiho's bet is secretly on the former.

"Why do you only own one pair of sweatpants?" Taeil mumbles, going to lean on the counter next to Jiho. "You have like a thousand of everything else, but only one sweatpants."

Jiho grins, Taeil is always nonsensical and a bit scatter-brained in the morning and he kind of loves it.

"I'm not really sure, hyung. Want some coffee?"

"Mmm, yes." Taeil sighs, and inches his hands free of Jiho's sleeves so that he can grab the full cup.

Jiho sips from his own mug as Taeil blows steam from the top, and Jiho feels a sleepy shiver run down his back as he watches Taeils pretty pink lips purse.

"Do we have a schedule today?" Taeil asks.

"Recording in the afternoon, yeah, and after that I think you have a solo rehearsal." Jiho confirms, and grins as Taeil pouts for a moment before taking a gulp of his still scalding coffee. Jiho doesn't understand how he does it, Taeil drinks his before Jiho would even think it safe to pick up the cup.

As Taeil chugs and Jiho sips, th two of them are blessed suddenly with the two tell-tale clicks of Jiho's thermostat kicking on, and their ankles are swarmed by floods of warm air pouring from the vents beneath the kitchen counter.

Taeil moans pitifully into the last gulp of coffee from his mug, and sighs once he swallows and puts it down.

"Finally." He says, still sleepy enough that his eyes are wholly unguarded as they look up at Jiho with utter love.

Jiho, overwhelmed, can only reach out to tug up the slipping collar of his shirt from the point of Taeil's shoulder, and smile back.